• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ah, haven't been keeping up in the thread so I figured I'd ask. Do you have any idea when people are leaving, and is there any sort of smashfest prior to this? I'd be more than happy to pool some people in my car if there are more that want to come ^_^ To those who are going PM me some info on what your plans are or post in here. I'll try to be more up to date on this thread.

I'll check with my co-TO to see if he can house MI the night before or something. if not, I can house like 10 people. probly smashfest at housing as well.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i have a question.....if your mom was VERY protective over you and doesnt want you to leave state becasue she thinks something bad is going to happen to you. what would you say to that?

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i have a question.....if your mom was VERY protective over you and doesnt want you to leave state becasue she thinks something bad is going to happen to you. what would you say to that?
I'd Say you have a mother that cares for you deeply and you should appreciate it, but try to convince her that you're growing up and you need to do things like leaving state and whatnot and have a good time while you can.

Notra

Smash Ace
only 15%. but grats. i work at bestbuy so i know the feeling of retail. And i used to work at gamestop.
does it apply to systems too. if iwere to get an elite id get nearly 50 bucks off.

@rainier i dont know about a smashfest today. i cant get a hold of anyone. jacob left his cell phone at home and is out, nick is at work so his phone is off(same w/ chichi), and ding is at class so isnt picking up. ill try again later. but i dunno if itll work today.

Mit

Smash Ace
w00t. i just got a job at gamestop!
Which GameStop? I work at 1043, the Westland mall store. I'm guessing you work out towards Ann Arbor.

And I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but has anyone tried the Balanced Brawl full release yet? I've been playing it a lot lately, and really enjoying it. It'd be nice if it started popping up at Smashfests and whatnot.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Changed the title. I'm on my 2nd break all day. I've been studying since 9am, straight. Exam is tomorrow from 8am-5pm, with a 10 minute gap at 9:30 and a 20 minute lunch. After lunch I have to take an exam while walking around a room for 2.5 hours without being allowed to go to the bathroom or sit down.

FML.

I think I'll be set for anatomy with a bit of review later on, but I'm suuuuuuuuuper behind in histology. No sleep for me tonight :/

FML.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but has anyone tried the Balanced Brawl full release yet? I've been playing it a lot lately, and really enjoying it. It'd be nice if it started popping up at Smashfests and whatnot.
Does Dedede's uthrow still spike?

BIG C

Smash Master
yea your guys' red names clearly don't matter. cuz it's just because you're good at brawl which is like having a ***** length challenge with a 2 year old.

y'all know i'm just playin. <3 Michigan

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah, any time after like, 2. Someone call me up or come over or something and we'll smash. Any of the UofM guys are welcome

Mit

Smash Ace
Does Dedede's uthrow still spike?
Nope. They got better throw mod codes. I'm not sure if it did this before, but his dthrow now puts people into their 'fallen' animation (like after you trip), so they can be tech-chased afterward, so his dthrow isn't a total loss without the chaingrab.

It overall feels like a very solid release. And you don't need homebrew channel to play it (or any Brawl mods for that matter) anymore :)

General_Tso

Smash Cadet
Anyone in ann arbor who wants to come over play brawl tomorrow (technically today, sept 2) PM me for details before 5 pm (short notice right?)

At least three people will be there. There will also be MvC2 on 360 and Blazblue on PS3. BYOC for any of those though. No guarantees about skill lol. If someone comes and brings controllers, we will actually have two setups going on, one for brawl and one for "other."

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
There is a chance I'll want to smash tomorrow after move-in. Hopefully you melee guys won't mind playing a noob.

TSO do you guys play sf4 at all? Asking because you mentioned 360 and ps3.

General_Tso

Smash Cadet
There is a chance I'll want to smash tomorrow after move-in. Hopefully you melee guys won't mind playing a noob.

TSO do you guys play sf4 at all? Asking because you mentioned 360 and ps3.
nah none of us have it, i've wanted to though. if it's pretty standard sf controls i could get the hang of it

Force Frontal by Chicken

Smash Apprentice
I gotta quit again... or maybe I didn't unquit yet... idk... I hate to do it and love you all but I'm quitting again and by the time I change my mind again, the metagame will be too high for me to reach, muahahah... but really, smash is a drug and I'm getting out alive... oh my, the withdraw symptoms are setting in.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
im moving in tomorrow but ill be at campus all day today, if i have some free time at the end or middle ill stop by for smash

proly not though, so dont say im Harmsing out of this lol

Top Bottom