• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Dopey

Smash Lord
im down for a tourny on SBS, **** football LOL. ill just go ahead and say daaaa beeeaarrsss will win. fire, random stages should be like FD.poke stadium.yoshi story.dreamland.battlefield. those are the usual 5, counterpicks vary from tourny to tourny, but there are certain lvls thast are banned, and i cant remember all of them so i wont even start posting them heh. also will there be a teams tourny as well, or just singles? all sets should be 2/3 cept for the finals should be 3/5. but yes, im def down for a tourny this sunday, expect me to be there.

gg midwest, GOT MY CAR BACK SON!

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
expect me to be there.
That's what I was waiting for. We gonna have Trail and Dope for a noob tournament showdown. This should be much more fun to watch than the superbowl. I'll go to this too.

Felicks, we gotta rematch so you have to bring trail with you :)

Dopey

Smash Lord
its never a noob tourny when trail is there, this might as well be an MLG for me ROFL. trail = PC + KDJ + hugs fused into a super latino being named.....ROY! rofl

and if there is a teams tourny, lets team trail =p

fel!cks ze reflecks

Smash Apprentice
K I am def not going to this.

The next set of Pokemon cards is TOO GOOD! Not to mention I don't feel like getting destroyed by Dope or Trail, haha.

So gl finding a ride Roy! ;D

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dum dum dummmm you guys post more than i expected here

if i come i'll bring my dvd recorder and record for videos and stuff, money matches all around also.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
dum dum dummmm you guys post more than i expected here

if i come i'll bring my dvd recorder and record for videos and stuff, money matches all around also.
That would be awsome. If you can get me the videos, we will post them up on the stores website. For those who were curious as to what that website is, its www.planetxgamecenter.com. Also, full rules for the smash tournie can be found under the february events section.

Its looking like the turnout for our first smash tournie is going to be huge! I cant wait to see all you guys there. And, as I mentioned, I will be playing on behalf of the store :D

We only are going to have one screen running. If you guys want to do money matches on the sides between rounds and suchlike, you would have to bring your own TVs and cubes. Other than that, I dont mind one bit.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
That would be awsome. If you can get me the videos, we will post them up on the stores website. For those who were curious as to what that website is, its www.planetxgamecenter.com. Also, full rules for the smash tournie can be found under the february events section.

Its looking like the turnout for our first smash tournie is going to be huge! I cant wait to see all you guys there. And, as I mentioned, I will be playing on behalf of the store :D

We only are going to have one screen running. If you guys want to do money matches on the sides between rounds and suchlike, you would have to bring your own TVs and cubes. Other than that, I dont mind one bit.
thats not gonna work out, we need to have at least 3-4 tvs for a tournie or its gonna take forever and i dont feel like spending my whole day there....

Dopey

Smash Lord
i agree with trail on this one. but i am bringing my own TV and cube to help out =)

gotta have multiple matches going on at once otherwise a 20 or 30 man tourny will last about 7 hours lol and im not even gonna come if thats gonna happen unless there is teams too, and multiple TVs running =)

oh and fire, plz plz plz make a teams tourny too, those are double the fun =) michigan needs a place to hold tournys at least once a month if not more to get ppl motivated into competative play, MI jus isnt what it used to be =/

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ann Arbor will bring a cube and TV if it goes.

Don't expect a big TV, my friends. But if it cuts off a third of the time we spend there, then I'm all for it.

RapE

Smash Ace
Gimpy we will hold a smashfest just for you if you come and i will have a 1$ money match sounds good!

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
My TV's still in my car and ready to go from going to Ito's place. We didn't even need it there... :-/
Doesn't even sound like many people are showing up for this anyway... I've counted maybe 6 or 7? Who am I missing?
Teams tourney? Dope's out of his mind if he thinks people are gonna pay to get there a$ses handed to them with him AND Trail as a team. If it's cheap... I'll prolly join anyway, even if I have to be on a level 9's team. Could be fun... i guess.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
We had only originally planned on one screen because we werent expecting a big turnout lol.

I will have my TV and Wii in the trunk just in case, but I will have to see who all comes out before I bust it out.

Doubles are a possibility, but again, I would have to see who comes out. If we get enough people who want doubles, we will throw a doubles afterwards. I was kind of reluctant to announce doubles and have nobody come to the singles lol, and also my teammate isnt going to be able to make it ><. Just gotta see how the singles go first.

You guys play FF doubles right?

Oh, and one more thing: If this tournie turns out well, we will be doing it once per month, every month. I would love to see this tournament becoming a staple in the MI smash community. So show your support and come out to our first!

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
yo whats up so are yall still having the the tournament or smash fest for my bday feb2 all yall who said yall were acro dope hoichi ****

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
If I can find a ride, I can bring my wii, a tv(not a good one) and some controllers. But as always it's a BYOC so no one goes home *****in. As for doubles, if you do have it what's the reward, how much to enter per team, and yes, friendly fire is on.

AS Money

Smash Lord
the link is back **** im kinda sad im going up north this weekend

actually not really i need my snow sleding ha ha

Dopey

Smash Lord
sounds good fire, i def wanna see a game store make it big in MI. ohio has thier GJ (game junkie) tournys and those payouts are usually 2-300 for 1st in singles alone. we need more competative play all the time for smash, especially since MLG is bringin back smash, the more practice, the better. lol rash, so what if its me and trail on a team? i $ match ken knowing i got a pretty dam good chance at losing, but i do it anyway because it makes me a better player, playing against the odds. if you dont play in tournys vs ppl better than you, you will never get better, so whats teh point in even playing the game if you dont want to get better? we all started back in the day, going up against team BLOOD (eddie and eduaro) and eventually ppl were able to beat them from playing them over enough time, then more and more ppl got good. the fact is your always gonna be playing against ppl better than you, so it should inspire you to play better and smarter everytime you play them, and youll def pick up some tricks playin the good ppl. same goes for you naruto, quit your *****in an get to smashin! =)

bottom line, GO BEARS! =p

RapE

Smash Ace
**** smashfest tomorrow if acro didnt have some much work i would say no problem but it will be if he is still overloaded but hopefully he isnt so we can get to smashing seriously i need to smash dope you bring your *** down saturday!

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
lol make s sence what dope said i agree with that straight up so wheres the tourney this sunday and if yall smahsfest is friday what time

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a Smashfest tomorrow (Friday) at my new place in Lansing. Starts at 5 (If people want to show up earlier, tell me, I probably wont care) and it will be going all night.

Address is 303 North Francis, Lansing, MI, 48912
My cell number is (517) 285-3429

Bring on the Link!

Or something. Either way, its looking like at least 6 or 7 guys from Lansing again, so it should be good times. Bring a TV and Cube if you can, though we should have at least two or three.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
sure dope. easy for you to say :)
Seriously, though I wouldn't mind doin a doubles tourney... the problem is finding a teammate. If my friend is available that day, you better be **** sure i'll be joining in on that... Get stomped regardless of whether you and trail are on a team, but it'd be fun. if he's not, i don't know. Playing on a team with someone you aren't familiar with is just like playing free for all where you can steal lives and gang up on people. No real coordination.

I'm not good enough to play for money anyway, so i just play for fun. You can bet I'd pay to have fun, but if it's not gonna be worth the fun, why pay? A few more matches against you and Trail might be worth it, so we'll see how much fun I can afford.

M.I.L.K

Smash Apprentice
wow its been so long since i've posted..... just because it's winter and im more focused on snowboard comps. instead of smash tournys, just thought id say what up.

Dopey

Smash Lord
put it this way, anyone who doesnt enter the tourny simply because i do, isnt gettin any friendlys in with me. them the hard nox right there. =)

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
sure dope. easy for you to say :)
I'm not good enough to play for money anyway...
Dang, if Rash say he isn't very good, then I'm ***** definately not good enough for anything whatsoever! :laugh: Bah, if I had more than 1 hr a week to practice SSBM I'd have more of a chance of getting better. :dizzy: So sad that my roomie took his cube home. :ohwell:

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
aww poor acro, i love putting life aside for long periods of time, simply cause i can LOL
gonna try to go to lansing tomrow, i think doper is driving and we dont smoke anymore sooooo things should be good.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
well uhhh i think i need a teamate for sunday....JV u down for some cash earning? Stro next then comes Rash. so if any of u noobs feel like making some money the hardest team we have to play against has Trail on it..................... so u know what that means.... sheik abuse and fox/falco insta kill support.

RapE

Smash Ace
Joel and everyone should come to the smashfest saturday in midland cause we all need to smash exspecially you joel! bring dope cause you noobs need to play us in teams were gettin rusty!

Top Bottom