• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House Results [10/22/11 - Ann Arbor, MI] 115 entrants!

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe that, weeks after the tournament, I just came to the realization that I left my gamecube/melee disc/memory card at this thing. I'm like.. some exceptional level of ********.

I'll do shoutouts later, I really can't believe I just found this out. Haha. Been playing Melee with other people, so it didn't even dawn on me. Ugh.

So, if an extra silver cube with a memory card and melee disc popped up at the end of the night, that was mine! :D

Forever derp. xD
I think I have yours, i'm not at my room right now though so I'll check when I get back. I'll pm you if i have it

Kail

Smash Lord
Random person from Flordia shout outs?
Aww yeeaaaahhhh.

Also, its like you knew I was considering quitting him. Odd.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Nope. I look at every results and see who used Ganon. Kail, I know Ganondorf is hard, but if you enjoy him, you should stick with him. Don't give up! There are so few Ganondorf players, man. You'll get better. I promise :)

I play in one of the hardest regions around. Central Florida tournaments are stacked as ****, but I'm not giving up on Ganondorf. I think he's easily the most fun.

If you really enjoy him, please don't give up. Get active on the Ganondorf forums. We're here for you, man. Get matches recorded and we'll critique you and do what we can to help! :bee:

Hope to see more results of your Ganondorf. :)

Edit: Ninth in doubles, and thirty-third in singles. Not too shabby. You should totally get matches recorded and show them to the Ganondorf boards!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nope. I look at every results and see who used Ganon. Kail, I know Ganondorf is hard, but if you enjoy him, you should stick with him. Don't give up! There are so few Ganondorf players, man. You'll get better. I promise :)

I play in one of the hardest regions around. Central Florida tournaments are stacked as ****, but I'm not giving up on Ganondorf. I think he's easily the most fun.

If you really enjoy him, please don't give up. Get active on the Ganondorf forums. We're here for you, man. Get matches recorded and we'll critique you and do what we can to help! :bee:

Hope to see more results of your Ganondorf. :)

Edit: Ninth in doubles, and thirty-third in singles. Not too shabby. You should totally get matches recorded and show them to the Ganondorf boards!
Are we supposed to be this nice as Ganon players? lol.

i think almost every ganondorf ever is considering quitting him.

but we never really do.
I NEVER considered to quit him and it's been already 6-7 years. =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think so, Kage. There aren't enough Ganondorf players, so I'm doing everything I can to make sure the ones that exist don't quit.

Everyone needs a little push!
Hehe, maybe so.. but I mean everyone does have their own paths to take so maybe Ganon was not the right choice for him. Whatever you love to do should be the way to go, it may not be Ganon.

Lovage

Smash Hero
holey shiet i procrastinated forever, but i definitely still want to do some shoutouts for this amazing tournament

1: Lovage ($648) :foxmelee:
2: S2J ($324)
- wc ****

3: VanZ ($243) :peachmelee: - you are a really strong player, you made me work really hard in our set and playing you was really engaging cuz ur good as hell. hope i see you at apex

4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: - ur dope and hella good at smash, i personally know u weren't playing 100% for most of this tourny, but thems the breaks - you gotta take your losses for what they are and if you don't come back stronger next tourny to shut everyone up then u are a schmuck. i'll see you at apex lets get drunk *****

5: Unknown522 ($81) :foxmelee: - actually hella mad we didn't play at all LOL, big tournies are always whack because there's so many people you want to play for hours but its a pain to find TVs and such =/ you are ****.

5: Duck ($81) :samusmelee: - to me, you came out of nowhere and ***** everyone with samus - so you're hella good in my eyes lol. you ***** me in friendlies for like 20 minutes and definitely forced me to humble myself and re-assess what i was doing wrong because you shattered my assumption that non-hugo samuses are free LOL. plz go to apex and **** everyone

7: [YRSF] Raynex ($40) :foxmelee: - OmFgfgGFGG RAYnxEXX you are the homey and also one of my favorite foxes lol. you are a ****ing beast and i know you have what it takes to upgrade your fox 1000% and **** all these kids.

9: Trail
- you are still a **** good ICs until the end of time LOL, glad we finally got our rematch

9: Dart :marthmelee: - are you really quitting? if so then u are a vag. if not then good ****.

13: SFAT :foxmelee: - the best feeling at this tournament was making the whole midwestern room quiet during my matches and only being able to hear SFAT cheer my name LOL. you are the homie, i really really want you to **** everyone at apex because you're hella good.

13: Moose :falcomelee: - the MI scene looks dope as hell, i think all of you guys can rise hella hard if you keep at it. you ****.

17: Tafokints :sheikmelee: - tafo you are the ultimate bro and i want nothing more than you to succeed in melee. i hope you're proud of how you played at this tourny because i feel you can get really really far.

25: Kels :foxmelee: - you got ***** ****ing hard LMFAO, everyone knows you're hella better than this placing - i hope you rise to the challenge

25: Little England :falcomelee: - you are the FUuuuKKiiiiiNNN HOMIEEEE - i love u jason, your support helped me a **** load - you are fresh to death

33: Taki :foxmelee: - lmao taki, you are the ****, i hella hope you show up to apex lets drink plz

JUGGLEGUY - i posted on your wall already but i just want everyone to know that you are a beast *** TO as well as a sick dood. this tourny was ill as hell and you were the perfect person to host it.

jungle, aceplayer and the rest of juggleguy's TO staff - you guys all made the magic happen and without you there wouldn't have been a tourny, huge props to a beast TO staff that got **** done without being even the slightest bit overbearing or demanding.

mundungu - i am SUPER sad we didn't get to race child dungeons or even play melee =/ but thems the breaks, you're cool as hell so i hope you can stop by apex for a bit and we can get it on in zelda.

violence - you are definitely the homie and i have nothing but admiration for your dedication to this game, i really hope you continue to improve and start beasting in BC

chris reneblade curry - homie 4 lyfe

everyone who supported me, texted me congratulations and posted on my wall - i love you all

MIDWEST MELEE COMMUNITY - you are all absolute sick monster beasts for driving thru states on states to support this really sick game. shoutouts to all the gas tanks that got depleted and filled multiple times to make the trip out here, and shoutouts to all the players still grinding it out in the middle of nowhere to get really good at smash.

melee - still the best game in existence, i'm really glad there's a big *** community of people that love this game as much as i do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: - ur dope and hella good at smash, i personally know u weren't playing 100% for most of this tourny, but thems the breaks - you gotta take your losses for what they are and if you don't come back stronger next tourny to shut everyone up then u are a schmuck. i'll see you at apex lets get drunk *****

Skyson

Smash Ace
Okay, shoutouts.

1: Lovage - Good **** on first. Got to watch a lot of your matches. It's awesome seeing a ridiculously good Fox right before your eyes. I think I watched your hands more than the screen, haha. It blows my mind sometimes how fast people have to move their hands to control things. I liked it.

2: S2J - Amaziiiiing Falcon. Thanks for the one random friendly on the corner TV you used to warm up for your next match where you 3 stocked my Marth. "I TOOK A STOCK OFF S2J WITH MY SECONDARY" unf. haha, thanks for coming over to the midwest to show us some Falcon ****.

3: VanZ - This mother****er and his double shotgun. Haha, rep that Peach. That rest stop whatever place was the best, GOD that milkshake was delicious. Of course you had money to spare for it. <:

4: KirbyKaze - Kirbykazeeeeee. I still wanna play you for an extended period of time like I did at Smash Nation 2. Getting ***** tells me a whole lot about things. I sponge knowledge from losses which may or may not be a good thing. You're just.. ****in smart. Something about the way you played at this looked different to me, but I can't really say how. Oh well. You're still one of my favorite players. One day you will atone for the Kirby dittos you have yet to face. <:

5: Duck - Samuuuuuuuuus. That dair -> fsmash was crowd rocking, even if it seemed to be a normal thing. "HOW DOES THAT HITSTUN EVEN WORK?" lmao. I have never played you or any of the other MI Samus players before, but I can only imagine it being a rather shaky experience. You all seem really solid, just like Samus herself. Good ****in job reppin a character that well. :D Also my setupppppp. D:

7: [YRSF] Raynex - It did take me quite a while to remember the name of the correct tournament that I met you at. It was Smash Nation 2, not... any of the other things I said, bahaha. Definitely was my first experience having a Fox literally just run rampant over my face while I tried to figure out a counterstrategy. I would love to have more friendlies like that. Am I a Smash masochist? Maybe. I enjoy it. You're really good and insightful. Hope to see more of you in the future.

9: Dart - My bro for life. We were playing friendlies allll throughout the day, and I could not stop laughing at all of them. Flipping me off in the middle of doing something awesome, looking me dead in the eyes after doing something ****, shouting randomly, oh my god it was the best thing ever. I felt like by the end of the day you just needed a bro hug, 'cause you looked mad salty. You were definitely not happy with something that happened, and I had to have been in the middle of something to not see what happened to you. Our pools match was good. I tried to do my best to not get straight up ***** like I expected to, but you're just freakin good. I'm really considering switching to Marth, and the dittos we did helped me see a lot of what I'd have to expect if I did so, haha. And no dot game, what the fuuuuuuck. Hope to see you again sometime, man. <3

17: Shaeden - Haha. Good games in doubles. I remember sitting around chatting with you and Kail. Y'all be smart. Puttin' in work with that good Falco. Overpowered me, most definitely.

17: 4% APR - Daaaaave I barely saw you at this thing. A couple times in the beginning then I saw X for the most part. 17th? Ewwww. Good **** in doubles, though. o:

17: X - Aw yeah X. D'aww, you placed the same as Dave. I saw you in passing like.. all day at this. You were that random ominous ghost passing by here and there. And you looked good playing. I was happy to see you back. X is the business. More friendlies back home, I demand them. <: Good **** in doubles, too. :D

17: Tafokints - WHY DID I SWITCH TO GAME AND WATCH IN POOLS? I think my brain just farted or something. We had a pretty intense Sheik ditto, and for some reason I was thinking "I cannot handle this Sheik with Sheik. Who would be my next best option?" And... then Game and Watch came to mind. NO NO NO NO NO. Gotta eliminate ridiculous thoughts like that for the future. Good pools match, though. :p

25: TheLake - Samuraiiiiiis. I barely saw you playing Melee at all, all I remember was the card games table in the corner. I wrecked some face with Samurais, then we talked YGO/Magic the whole time. I have my Morphtronic deck on me, though it's a couple banlists old, but I'm a magic player to the end now. I always hope to see you and the PA crew anywhere I go. <3

25: Flip - Designated driver, puttin in work. Aside from that, I like using you as a gauge to see how much better I get. You're still a couple pegs better than me, but I don't get absolutely ***** like I used to. It's interesting watching myself climb up along with other people, because I think you got better with this too. 25th is a pretty strong placement in a tourney this big. Keep it up, man.

33: Vudujin - <3. We never ever play enough. I am going to take whatever tourney we meet at next, tell them to just hold everything up for 2 hours, and sit and play friendlies with you the whole time. :3 I need some Vudigi in my life. For how much I love you as one of my favorite [PA] smashers, I do not play you enough to show it. This dishonor will be fixed sometime. And I will be able to say good games in my shoutout. :I

33: Juggleguy - Unf. I can't handle Falcon in doubles. Holy ****. He just jumps around and hits me and... I die. I got 0 to deathed a million times in our set just because I didn't know where the hell you had come from. Sheik/Falcon is not as military cut and dry as it used to be, that's for sure. You handled doubles super well. I was just.. impressed. MI is a solid Melee state, for sure. Maybe we'll get friendlies in the future. This tourney was pretty well run. :D

33: Taki - Another tournament with **** by Taki successfully prevented. Yesss.

33: Kail - Mad <3. We talked a lot at this, and you're a pretty smart guy. I guess you do have to be smart to be a Ganon player, don't ya. :p And well, your Fox was rockin solid in doubles. I had to play overly ridiculous to try and handle you when you came at me. Even then, we still dropped the ball. But seeing where you placed in doubles, I'm not so worried about it, haha. Even if our paths don't cross again, I'll still remember ya. Cool guy, cool theory on smash, solid reasoning to quit travelling for a bit. Just focus on you. O: Good games nonetheless, doubles and pools. I was no match for the big man. <:

33: 1der - Maaaan, I still wanna play you sometime. I haven't seen you in forever, and we went close in Melee last time I saw you, which had to be over a year ago at Test Your Might... V? I don't even remember, but by the looks of things you've definitely improved. I'm eager to see how much a guy that I beat before has improved. It interests me. And you probably don't even remember me. ):

33: Hindawg - ggs in doubles. Definitely wasn't prepped for this match, haha.

33: SilentSwag - Johnny's gay. end. (I don't wanna MM you any time soon because you'll **** my face and my wallet can't handle that shame. SOME TIME LATER, JOHNNY.)

49: Carroll <3333333. Skarmoryyyyyyyy. We didn't play at all and we're BOTH losers for not sitting the **** down somewhere and just duking it out in a marathon of friendlies. You are the broest of bros and we will bro it up sometime. Mad love for the Skarmory sticker. It will be my controller's symbol for the rest of forever. Hope to see you again soon, then I can do Sheik stuff to your little Fox guy. :3 <3 you and PA, minus Johnny 'cause he's gay and 12.

49: Reneblade - Totally thought I should have found you and played you. The first thing I thought was "Oh, this is the dude that has that really ****ing hilarious Youtube channel. I should play friendlies with him." WHERE DID MY TIME GO AAAAAAAAAAAAA.

49: Nakamaru - wtf is this. Naka, what did you do. You must not have busted out the Link. I understand, you didn't wanna steal the show from everyone and beast over all of them, Hero of Time style. Oh well. More friendlies aaaaa I am such a loser with playing with people I wanna play with.

49: Lain - unf. I got smoked in our pools match. Good games, though. Solid spacies and whatnot. Live and learn.

49: Lanceinthepants - Best tag at the tourney.

49: Apples - Unf. Good to see you come out to a tourney, Dan. :D I feel like we shoulda played, you and I went pretty even from what I remember. Equal skill people climb together and make a good marker against each other. Let's smash more back hoooome.

49: Darkwing Duck - I don't even care about this name change, you'll always be DippnDots to me. It was totally good to see you, you reminded me about the person I used to be at the beginning of my tourney career. It was nostalgic as ****. We should have played some friendlies after having Wendy's, I'm definitely upset about that. But you're close by, I'm sure our paths will cross again. I hope they do, at least. I still have more Kirby face wrecking to do on you. o:

65: Get Low - I HOPE YOUR TEARS WERE DELICIOUS. But no, you couldn't have been crying, you ended up with the girl you were texting the whole ride to the tourney. <: yes, I had nothing better to do in the car ride than creep on your texts. Good **** on the homefront. :D LOW TIER GAUNTLET OF PAIN. Hope to see you more in the future. o: Playing with ya is fun.

65: Dempt - Still don't know why I entered dubs. Nope. Bad idea. Could have been playing friendlies, instead I asked for a free **** ticket. unf. Had nothing to do with you really, there were just way too many names here lookin to ****. haha. We suck.

65: soap - Good to see you again, man. It's been ages. That Sheik must still be slippery, I remember you being all kinds of business last time I see you. Dat rust? Wish I could have played ya.

65: INSANE CARZY GUY - Hahahahaha. You were the last guy I played friendlies with, and I totally vividly remember you. You wanted that Pichu/G&W match so badly, and I gave it to you. Then you went a step further and I wanted to feed your masochism and 4-stock you with Marth. I forget if I did or not, but man that was hilarious. I wish we had met earlier, I would have played out tons of friendlies with you. Pichu so good. Maybe I'll see you in the future. :p

81: Skyson - Sigh. This is where I belong. I've come to terms with what it is that makes me so complacent when I play. I really do need to switch mains. I play Sheik too thoughtlessly. No caution, no second thoughts, no planning, just throw the same thing until it works. Insanely predictable. But I'm not good enough with someone else to switch mains just like that. It's a frustrating situation. I'll have to work it out before I seriously consider more tournaments.

81: Denzi - Heart of the caaaaards. I'll bring YGO next time so you can wreck my super old Morphtronic deck. <:

96: SpooN - Here at Epic Falco Time, we don't **** around. Totally loved seeing someone rep an EMT shirt. hhaha. Good pools match. :p

112: Knapp - gg in pools. I've got a lot of hate in me for Falcos, I might have spilled it on you.

<3 this tourney. :D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Imma MM all of the top 5 if they go to Apex.

And Dart because he loves to play me for some reason.

But not Kels cause he's gay, sorry Kels T_T

Top Bottom