• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House Results [10/22/11 - Ann Arbor, MI] 115 entrants!

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
Wanna say thanks to rob for making this the tournament really ****ing awesome and the T.O staff for doing such a good job finishing the tournament almost on time. Everyone who gave me compliments and cheered for me <3.

1: Lovage - you're amazing, you adapted really well and abused my bad habits. Definitely the best fox vs. samus I've every played in tournament.
2: S2J - falcon is broken >.> had aloooooot of fun playing against you, wish we could've had more friendlies. I'm happy that I got you to ban FD lol :D
3: VanZ - I'm sad we didn't get to play, but grats on being the highest placing midwest player
4: KirbyKaze - You're an awesome person haha, confirmed all the good things I've heard about you and canadians from 3chairz. Was alot of fun playing against your sheik and thanks for the advice.
5: Unknown522 - We didn't play but watching you vs. s2j and dart was awesome, some of the most efficient play I've ever seen.
5: Duck - :D samus is awesomeeeeeee
7: RaynEX - Smoothest fox in the world
7: Weon-X - ggs dude, grats on beating rat. If you gonna go marth next time bring it, I'm so ready :cool:
9: Tink - You're the jankiest player ever, and I like it. Wish we could've played
9: Trail - I think we've been at like 4 tournaments together and never played except for that quarter money match at SCSYN3
9: Dart - ggs man,it's always fun to play you
9: Idea - HOW DID YOU BEAT KELS !?!?!?!?
13: Drephen - I'm really scared of you
13: SFAT - really fun set, watching you in doubles was mad fun especially vs. canada
13: Moose - 6th pillar!
13: ORLY - fun friendlies, falcon is broken
17: Rat - sssssssssssaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmuuuuuuussssssssssss
17: Velynn - good **** beating kelly
17: SlayerTokey - pretty good, beat that **** down
17: Kalamazhu - yo I cheered for you so hard vs. SFAT, good **** taking a game
17: Shaeden - stop choking and you would be amazing, you had KK on pokemon stadium
17: 4% APR - ggs in teams, thanks for the saying I'm the best samus :D
17: X - ggs in teams
17: Tafokints - nice talking to you haha, you make some seriously bad puns lol
25: Kels - :(
25: Little England - didn't get to play this time
25: TheLake - http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/boab/73
this is what I was talking about, it's really funny
25: Scythe - thanks alot :D
25: Vro - Thanks for letting rat stay to watch my game :D
25: Riddlebox - didn't get to play sadly, good talking to you at bdubs
25: Oro?! - still salty beyond salty
33: Shady - every time, I wish you would do good at a large tournament, people have to know how good you really are. **** falco, stick with marth
33: Vudujin - luigi is impossible
33: Juggleguy - thanks for running this tournament
33: Taki - samus is awesome
33: SCOTU - you and shaeden have the strangest conversations, don't quit
33: Frootloop - moose incarnate
33: Kail - ganon is impossible
33: HIV+ - lololololol falco
33: Windrose - hmm didn't get to play you but I know about you
33: PEEF - thanks for streaming this, did a lot for our community
33: 1der - good seeing you again
33: Hindawg - ggs in friendlies and in bracket
33: TheNumberJay - you and jayford man
33: Violence - always awesome seeing another samus main, especially one that lives to far away
33: The Good Doctor - fun housing, I have no sense of direction at all
33: SilentSwag - this kid

Carrol - You're ****ing awesome haha, thanks for cheering for me when it mattered
Lain - The advice that you give me helps a ton
Watermelon - why watermelon? hahaha

Umich people - step it up, I want to see all of you guys in bracket for a regional

To the person who said there would be no samus in the top 10 or top 20, WHERE ARE YOU ****ING AT

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
This tourney was on a whole new level. As if MI tourneys couldnt get any better. Rob yet again out does him self. Big props to juggleguy and all the TO staff that kept the show rolling.

First off big shout to all of Pittsburgh that came! Lake Vudujin Taki Naka and the rest of ya!<3 good showing and **** matches! Lol @ Vudujin and vanz saving each other with luigi ladder...

2nd shout out to Gio for being a super sexy host and letting us all crash at his place<3 such a good time.

3rd shout out to all te people that bought Pokemon stickers!!!

4th shout out to all the out of state/region guys for making out!!!
My Canada homies held it down!!! Good **** To unknown giving it to s2j! He was so calm the whole time! Same to raynex and weon for being two of chillest guys ever. And KK for being so cute:)

Same goes for Cali! Oscar triple shined me in our pools hype match...
I had a few friends call me to tell me they saw it happen... lol Johny unreal to watch. UNREAL.

5th shout out to ohio!! Vanz was going hard in the paint this tourney. And be shout outs to 4% for always having having the Midwest back and supporting them durring their matches.

6th shoutout to My pool! Big props to slayer. Hellsing told me that you got better and it really showed. whooped my *** this time around! And hindawg beating me hard in my fave match up. Also the peaches! Get low it's always a pleasure. I know soon your gonna ****. And xan you have a solid peach all around. And lovage is kinda....fast<3

7th Shoutouts to my MI homies. Moose juggle duck Richard roller lain and everyone else. I hate to say it.....
But. I kinda like James Slamus now...
Looooooooll

8th shoutouts to all the cool guys I met! Reneblade, peef, radar, dart, drephen, ect. You guys ****! Hope to see ya all at rom or apex!

Lastly shout out to all the peeps I played! I know I didn't play much friendlies. But I was kinda out of it. But I enjoyed playing all the guys Friday. Night and everybody at the tourney!

That was a lot to type on a cell phone. I'm a nerd. But gotta give credit where credit is due!

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Even though I didn't enter (since I play that other game rofl) I still have some shoutouts....

Thanks Pittsburgh for inviting me and bringing me with you guys. It was a heck of a lot of fun, and I def look forward to future smashfests/tournaments. You guys rock. And especially Nakamaru and Vudujin for driving and for Vudu letting us stay at his place Friday night. Both of you have epic car music by the way. TheLake, you are hilarious and we need to play YGO ASAP. Shuffla, twas fun hanging out with you xD Carroll, Tedium, fun Brawl matches as always! And we so need to go double ZSS sometime, Carroll.

Gio, thanks for letting us stay at your place! You rock!

Denzi, great seeing you of course :p <3

Squarehead, nice meeting you! You're coolbeans!! Hope you had fun :o

Jungle, it was fun officially meeting you! I'll have to add you on DN because those were some fun YGO matches! And to everyone else who joined the YGO shenanigans, it was fun hanging with you guys! My DN tag is Lokii, so I hope to play you guys in the future!

And to the TOs, great job! You guys did awesome at making this a fun and hyped tournament :D

soap

Smash Hero
Snuggle Guy held it down at this one

Lotta people I didn't get to play, but nice to see so many old faces (and new)

I came to this tourney on almost a whim, but I actually wanna go to apex now
#datmeleebug

ORLY

Smash Master
How does Dart have priority for the stipend over me when we both had the same amount of points? (we both placed 9th and 13th in each event)

Shout outs later

idea

Smash Master
good job canada...it didn't feel like we were doing too great at the time, but apparently we all have one-digit numbers next to our names.

scattered shoutouts (i was gonna do full shoutouts but most of them would just be "i forgot to play you!"):

- TOs and juggleguy: i agree with what everyone said, very well-run tourney. you guys were strict enough to get people to play their matches but not so strict as to make anyone mad. good stuff. plus ann arbor was ****, i usually don't have so many options for food.

- vanz: dat young link. in hindsight i should have gone spacies or something in game 3, but i was still confident in jiggs 'cause of game 1. oh well, next time...

- 3chairz: thanks for housing us, and bringing back that food for me (+ nick), and holding those churros for like hours when i forgot about them.

- velynn: good job beating then losing to the same people as me :p fox is such a variable.

- duck: damn.

- s2j and lovage: damn.

- tink: really nice sheik. i didn't even know you had a sheik.

- windrose and nick: the drive down and back was fun.

- moose: i'm kind of salty from pools :bee:

Maximum concurrent live viewership: 2400+
holy ****, seriously? i think that's slightly more than the pound 4 stream at its peak.

edit:
9: Idea - HOW DID YOU BEAT KELS !?!?!?!?
lol i dunno, i just kept hitting him until he didn't have any stocks left. you and i should MM again sometime, i can do better :bee:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Complete shoutouts later, but basically I wanna say thanks to the assortment of burly, bearded men that kept me entertained in between my matches.

:bee:

Kels88

Smash Lord
I ****ing hate Jigglypuff!!!!!!
With that said
Good **** to Idea and Vellyn. apparently i have some puff issues i need to sort out.
WC and Canada are too good. After playing you all i see i have much room for improvement. lol i probably really needed this loss.
Thanks to: everyone who came out and made this an amazing tournament.
Juggleguy for hosting and running this huge tourney and making sure it all went smooth.
Peef for streaming this too the world and getting smashed more recognition.

lol after this i'm either practicing until i get as good as WC or i'm probably done with this game. But i will be at Apex so i'll see you all there.

@Kage. lol i got puffed. maybe you should teach me ganon

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kels, some of your expressions and phrases are likely going to become memes in EC Canada now (if they haven't already). Because you're adorable and we love you.

<3

We are also willing to show you how to **** Jigglies. ;)

idea

Smash Master
I ****ing hate Jigglypuff!!!!!!
With that said
Good **** to Idea and Vellyn. apparently i have some puff issues i need to sort out.
WC and Canada are too good. After playing you all i see i have much room for improvement. lol i probably really needed this loss.
Thanks to: everyone who came out and made this an amazing tournament.
Juggleguy for hosting and running this huge tourney and making sure it all went smooth.
Peef for streaming this too the world and getting smashed more recognition.

lol after this i'm either practicing until i get as good as WC or i'm probably done with this game. But i will be at Apex so i'll see you all there.

@Kage. lol i got puffed. maybe you should teach me ganon
if i could tell you what you were doing wrong i would, but i'm not really sure =/ i dunno, ask raynex or unknown, they sure as hell know the matchup. or that kirbykaze guy.

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
This was the funnest, most professional, and most well-ran tournament I have ever been to and I've been to quite a few that haven't come close (including my own) LOL. Juggleguy is a seriousguy, and his doom squad of asians was always right there assisting him in keeping the tournament on schedule, and still finding time to help me keep the stream entertained with top-level matches.

What about his two white co-tios :(

lol.

Tink

Smash Hero
OMGGG.....we talked about that for a good time on the car ride back lolll....i brought up that it was karma that he got owned in bracket for JV 5ing him lolll.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Man this tournament was so fun. I'm glad I came. Michigan is so chill, hopefully, I can come back for school!

Anyway, shoutouts.

Juggleguy - Thanks for juggling everything for us. Man, you were such a great host. Thanks for the rides/housing/tourney. You are a top TO in my book.

WC

S2J - Good stuff tearing up bracket, even though you were noticeably tired. Your rapid improvement to national prominence is simply amazing.

Lovage - Good stuff for first. Your technical knowledge and prowess of Fox are mind-blowing. Thanks once again for picking me up chipotle. you are the homie

Violence - So glad that you came as well. You're improving so much, it's crazy. WC locals > MW regionals in difficulty? Props on making to bracket

SFAT - You'll get this next time. Pick sheik. Thanks for tolerating my puns. You make a great travel buddy

MW
Kels - You are the homie. Tough look losing to two puffs.

Tink - I'll get you next time. You still have the old school magic

Drephen - Ugh CGs....

Silentswag - You're pretty good as well. Sorry for getting a bit frustrated at the fact that you NEVER approached me all of game 2, haha.

Vro - touch bracket match. I practice the match with S2J/Scar a decent amount. You'll get me next time

Velwynn - Great puff, you had game 2....

Dart - i'll get you. Your marth is solid

Canada

Kirbykaze - i love your sheik. We'll be in the lab room trying to figure out a way to gay out falcon, hehe.

Raynex/Unknown522 - You guys have improved so much since last time I saw, it's so crazy.

Windrose - great friendlies!

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman

Singles (115 entrants)
1: Lovage ($648) :foxmelee: - Great meeting one of my melee heroes, I added you on League of Legends lets play some time, I'm Aceplayer69
2: S2J ($324) :falconmelee: - Also great meeting you Johnny, I also added you on League of Legends - Aceplayer69. Really cool to hear about California and Norcal/Socal.
3: VanZ ($243) :peachmelee: - I hear you play league...add me Aceplayer69 :)
4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: - Good **** holding it down.
5: Unknown522 ($81) :foxmelee: - Wanted Canada to go all the way!!
5: Duck ($81) :samusmelee: - Yo congratz James, not sure about the character choice though...
9: Tink :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - Apparently your aren't Tank lol...
9: Trail :icsmelee: - Yo amazing ICs, thanks for letting me warm up in pools, even if you did spank me.
9: Dart :marthmelee: - Good to see you again.
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee: - Taking Kels out, too free.
13: SFAT :foxmelee: - Great meeting you, we will definitely play some League together.
13: Moose :falcomelee: - Good seeing you again as always, we don't see each other enough
13: ORLY :falconmelee: - Funniest guy ever. Great falcon.
17: Rat :samusmelee: - Yoooooo, good to see you again Rat!
17: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: - Welcome back Velynn, hopefully we will see you guys at more midwest tourneys!
17: SlayerTokey :falconmelee: :marthmelee: - Yoo, amazing job. Gotta beat Lovage completely next time!!!
17: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: - Top Drivers too good. See you around this year.
17: Shaeden :falcomelee: - Good seeing you again after so long!
17: Tafokints :sheikmelee: - It was great meeting some California people!
25: Kels :foxmelee: - Double jigglypuff train :/ lol
25: Little England :falcomelee: - Sorry I forced you to play your matches haha.
25: TheLake :zeldamelee: - Dude you are the nicest/most outgoing smasher I have ever met. Come to Michigan more for tournies, we need to play more, even if your character isn't relevant.
33: Shady :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - :( Sad that you got eliminated so early.
33: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Great job TOing, you know we got your back!
33: Taki :foxmelee: - Pittsburg!!!!!!!! Hype!!!!!!!!!!
33: SCOTU :foxmelee: - Yo, great seeing you again Dan, hopefully we will see you more.
33: Frootloop :falcomelee: - Fruitloop is apparently the wrong way to spell lol
33: Kail :ganonmelee: - Hey Kail it was great seeing you again, I know western michigan doesn't show up that much anymore but we got some face time so that was good.
33: HIV+ :falcomelee: - Good seeing you James!
33: PEEF :icsmelee: - Great stream!
33: 1der :foxmelee: - Good seeing you around
33: SilentSwag :sheikmelee: - Johnny too good, beating his brother.
49: alcheato - Sorry about all the confusion over seeding, we wanted to make sure it was correct.
49: Carroll - Always a pleasure seeing Pittsburg, hopefully I will eventually travel.
49: Roki - Ann Arbor too free, as always
49: Reneblade - Great to finally meet you, I've watched many of your videos!
49: Lain - Thanks for the call lol, good to see you!
49: RyeJew - Friggen broken Falcon, next tourney I'm griming out the set from you.
65: Love - Good seeing you.
65: 3Chairz - Good **** tioing, I hear you lost to Roki? Wtf **** that nub.
65: Roller - Great job Tioing, play a more balanced character.
65: Dempt - Good to see some of the Ohio people again!
65: Soul - Finally glad to see you are still alive lol!
65: ThugZ - Too much creepy rubbing! See you around town!
65: Aceplayer - Great job Tioing XD
65: Jungle - Great job Tioing and helping me and Rob and Roller etc...
65: INSANE CARZY GUY - Finally I was able to witness the legend.
65: BloodyJoker - Great job tioing with everyone else.
81: Xan - Good to see you again.
81: Doomblaze - As always see you around in AA.
81: Hellsing - Good to see you again Hellsing!
81: mista-sprinkles - Haha! The green doctor mario costume is mine! Let's do some training sessions and share knowledge sometime.
81: Dre - Yooooooo, always great to see you around!
81: General Heinz - GGs in pools, I really wanted to end it game 2, not in game 3 :( lol
81: BLiu - Good seeing you Brian, see you around.
81: Kinglit - Top drivers!
96: Gio (DQ'd) - ISAI doesn't lose, he quits.
96: dablackpacman (DQ'd) - Good to see you again DBPM
96: Rojo Diamond - Yo, good games in pools, sorry I abused the cape. It's too free!!!!!
96: Solo - Always a pleasure to hang out Julian!
See above shoutouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Didn't Lovage and S2J split?

I remember Lovage telling the livestream that they did.
Yeah I think so, they played it out only for the 1st place title and pride. I just gave them their 60% of the money and let them figure out how to separate it.

This was the greatest event that I've ever attended or helped plan/run since I became a member of this scene. Just a quick shout out to Rob for doing such an amazing job with providing the hype and getting **** planned out so that we were ready when we had to start doing everything yesterday. Also good job to everyone else that helped out, and everyone for being so cooperative!

real shoutouts comin soonl
Yo, I definitely owe you/Brian/Chris/Richard/Ray a dinner or something. Thanks for the clutch help.

Juggleguy is a freaking beast machine from the planet ****.
lolol

If Kels is the most quotable person irl, KK is the most quotable on Smashboards for sure.

Snuggle Guy held it down at this one

Lotta people I didn't get to play, but nice to see so many old faces (and new)

I came to this tourney on almost a whim, but I actually wanna go to apex now
#datmeleebug
... ****ing Big R

vanz: dat young link. in hindsight i should have gone spacies or something in game 3, but i was still confident in jiggs 'cause of game 1. oh well, next time...
Whoa, was this recorded?! I would love to see the legendary Puff vs Young Link showdown in a matchup that isn't Hbox/Armada, lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
This was the funnest, most professional, and most well-ran tournament I have ever been to and I've been to quite a few that haven't come close (including my own) LOL. Juggleguy is a seriousguy, and his doom squad of asians was always right there assisting him in keeping the tournament on schedule, and still finding time to help me keep the stream entertained with top-level matches.
What about his one white co-tio :(

lol.
ah em.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Shoutouts

MI

Juggle - Good freaking **** man, way to be on top of everything. Always willing to help, let me know.
Roller, Aceplayer, Richard, and Ray - Good stuff, everyone did their part.
Moose - good seeing you again, always a good time
Duck - holy hell man, you looked real good. good stuff dude
Bliu - man that ganon is fierce, keep it up! we'll play other games sometime soon as well
Solo - rough day, always fun though.
HIV - good stuff making into bracket, gettin real good real fast
Shady - you got this ****, gotta show everyone how good you are son
MSU Smashers - We got some work to do. To the lab!
Denzi - good talking to you about yugimons. we'll play sometime soon =D

WC
Lovage, Tafo, s2j, SFAT - thanks for comin out guys, hope you all had a good time. way to take all of our money >:[
Violence - good meeting and talkign with you on the way to the airport. Bring Sion next time!

Canada
it was great seeing all of you again and meeting some new faces
Unknown - fox is crispy as hell.
Raynex - Good to finally meet you! Next time maybe we'll actually get to play lol
Kirbykaze - nice to finally meet you too! ditto about playing
Windrose - set was sooo close. I'll get you next time!
Idea - you keep beating Kels! good stuff man. always good to see you
Riddlebox - yo you've gotten a ton better since you last came to MI. Good stuff dude. Nice seeing you again.

WIL
frootloop - good stuff in pools, falco is fierce
oro - so free! good to see you dude, always fun talking with you and stuff. we need to hang out post tourney sometime.
zwarm - MIIINORIIIN~! Teams so good dude. Fun hanging out with you all day. Hope to see you soon
Tink - good seeing you again, don't get ****ed up by moose ;3
Kels -- yo that puff though. thanks for comin out
Dart - good to see you as always, good stuff against Raynex
ORLY - How you feel about double peach? Hilarious and always fun to talk to you.

I'm missing a few people i think from here, but I can't recall who.
Standardtoaster and MonkUnit - So glad you guys got to make it out! Hope the weekend was worth all the traveling for you guys and that you guys got some good playing in and had fun!

IN
Lance - good stuff in pools, falco is hard. (you're from IN..i think..right? lol)
Little England - good stuff, nice seeing you again.
PEEF - the stream looked good, 2400 viewers is ridiculous. thanks for all your help man.

OH
Drephen - Sheik dittos :[. That was rough stuff. Learned a few things though, so thanks for the lesson and thanks for comin out!
soap - thanks for comin out, hope you had a good time
Vanz - yo good to talk to you dude, nice to finaly put a face to the name. Play YGO with haley and i sometime :3c

PA
Carroll - Always a good time with you around. Thanks for comin out man
SWAG - yo always good to see you. i want that rematch soon.
Da shuffla - good talking to you towards the end, thanks for comin all the way out
TheLake - yo you're hilarious, come up to more of our stuff dude.
Lokii - It was nice meeting you as well! We should definitely play more YGO in the near future!

Probably missed a ton of people here, but again, thank you everyone for coming out and thank you for being so cooperative when we had to get stuff done, made things very easy for us. This was definitely the best tournament experience I've had as a player and a TO. I can't wait to do this again, and maybe get to even play a little bit next time too.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I was so happy to hear that Oscar and Johnny won this thing. It sucks that I was in Vegas and couldn't watch the stream at the time.

I haven't been this excited to see tournament videos in a while. Great job repping Socal

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Watch out Hugo, you were being compared to Duck this afternoon by Johnny and Oscar on our way to the airport.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow a lot of entrants! Good stuff MW!! This was the biggest Melee Road to Apex event and 2nd biggest Road to Apex event (KTAR 6 had 130 for brawl). Good stuff breaking 100 and keeping Melee alive in the middle of the US XD

Top Bottom