• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Stream Broadcasts

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
The following is a mirror copy of the original article by Juggleguy here, with permission to re-post.

I’m happy to announce our stream broadcast partners at The Big House 5 coming up October 2-4, 2015 in Dearborn, MI! Knowing the importance of the spectator experience, we’ve brought on board some of the premier streaming crews in the Smash community to broadcast the weekend action to viewers at home.

The Big House 5 will feature three streams, produced by the all-star lineup of Calvin Lofton with VGBootCamp, Spenser Cheung with Showdown, and Sean Horne with TourneyLocator. Although the exact stream schedule is to be determined, everything is set to take place on Twitch, so check here for details as the tourney approaches.

Calvin “GimR” Lofton directs the VGBootCamp (VGBC) team. He has spearheaded the weekly Smash @ Xanadu series in Maryland, and maintained a big presence at many premier grassroots Smash majors including The Big House, Apex, Kings of Cali, Paragon, and more. Calvin will be joined by fellow crew mates Matthew Lofton and TKbreezy to help with stream production at TBH5.

Spenser “SDFloob” Cheung directs the Showdown (SD) team. He has produced many of the NorCal Melee stream broadcasts over the past year, including Get Smashed at the Foundry and I’M NOT YELLING, as well as several FGC events such as Capcom Cup and Evo 2015. Spenser will be joined by fellow crew mate Ashkon Honardoost to help with stream production at TBH5.

Sean “Infinity” Horne directs content strategy for the Tourney Locator (TLOC) team. Besides his otherwordly puns, he along with TLOC are known for both organizing and streaming Texas Smash events such as Shockwave, Low Tier City, and Aftershock. Sean will be joined by head of TLOC William “Bwett” Wettingfeld to help with stream production at TBH5.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
What is the big house five?
A tourney that's going to be hosted by UM Smash on October 2-4, being hyped as one of the biggest tournaments on 2015, with dozens of talented players.
I'm 15 years old. Is there anything wrong on the ShowDown streams that makes it 18+ or is it just due to cursing (which I am not bothered at all)? Sorry for the question, just want to keep stuff on my age.

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
A tourney that's going to be hosted by UM Smash on October 2-4, being hyped as one of the biggest tournaments on 2015, with dozens of talented players.
I'm 15 years old. Is there anything wrong on the ShowDown streams that makes it 18+ or is it just due to cursing (which I am not bothered at all)? Sorry for the question, just want to keep stuff on my age.
Where do you see it listing 18+?

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
VGBC is involved, so it's going to be E-sports commentary, because that's how they always do their streams (TLoc might be the same way). If it's gonna have 3 separate streams I think there's a possibility there will be non e-sports commentary on the Showdown stream, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Last time I put there it was written "This stream is indicated for mature viewers only", or something like that. I just found that to be weird :p
Showdown usually broadcasts GSATF, which can be very vulgar.

I assume they'll keep it PG for TBH5 though.

Top Bottom