• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Melee capped

D

Deleted member

meanwhile melee is quite a large margin more imbalanced. a very big portion of the characters in smash4 are viable

not sure if the smiley face means you're trolling or not.. but anyone with a brain knows that melee is on a whole other level of imbalance if you think smash4 is imbalanced.

don't get me wrong, i love melee, i love pm, i love smash4. i actually prefer pm currently. but i'm not so delusional as to mention smash4's imbalanced gameplay in a melee thread, quit clownin'

wow i just read this from one of your other posts. this is 100% proof that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

back on topic, i'm really happy to see melee flourishing like this, these numbers are unreal
1. Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, Falcon, DONE!

2. Melee is unbalanced, and so is Smash 4. The difference is that through tech-skill, you can at least make your character better, in Smash 4, any tier placement your character has is set.

3. I love Melee, I hate Project M, and I disagree with Smash 4's existence. I actually prefer Smash Reborn ;) currently.
Also, if you mentioned Smash 4's imbalance in a Melee thread, they'd simply agree with you.

Am I lying though? Smash 4 has zero tech skill. Unless you count perfect pivoting, which, mind you, debuted in Brawl, or
Glide-Tossing/DACUS, which are gone by the way.

Do you know how this game got it's name?
Because, it's Smash 4 Kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Do you know how this game got it's name?
Because, it's Smash 4 Kids.
This alone has invalidated your argument to me. I was going to address how misinformed and biased your points are, but really, it wouldn't make a difference.

"Trash 4." "Smash 4 Kids." The fact that we have these terms in our community is just sad. It's sad that so many people feel that they can put their opinion on a pedestal above others and say "ha, ha your game sucks and is worse then mine", ignoring other people's preferences. It's really ironic that, for how much we have to defend our games for being more then childish party games, we have that same crap thrown around with all the maturity of kids throwing insults on a playground.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This alone has invalidated your argument to me. I was going to address how misinformed and biased your points are, but really, it wouldn't make a difference.

"Trash 4." "Smash 4 Kids." The fact that we have these terms in our community is just sad. It's sad that so many people feel that they can put their opinion on a pedestal above others and say "ha, ha your game sucks and is worse then mine", ignoring other people's preferences. It's really ironic that, for how much we have to defend our games for being more then childish party games, we have that same crap thrown around with all the maturity of kids throwing insults on a playground.
Am I supposed to lie and claim that this game is worth being called something by any other name?

Eureka

Smash Ace
Am I supposed to lie and claim that this game is worth being called something by any other name?
You call it Smash 4. Or if you prefer, Super Smash Brothers For Wii U and 3DS. Name calling doesn't help anyone, and frankly, makes you look like a child. Let me ask you this, what in the world makes your opinion better then anyone else's? Or makes it okay to insult their opinion?

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
I'm just calling it as I see it. Just look at the game... With your eyes. It already looks like a 4-year old, For-Everyone game, not to mention it's simplified and linear gameplay.

But if you don't like Trash 4 and Smash 4 Kids, then how about
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Toddler Edition
???

Eureka

Smash Ace
I'm just calling it as I see it. Just look at the game... With your eyes. It already looks like a 4-year old, For-Everyone game, not to mention it's simplified and linear gameplay.

???
That's the problem, you're calling it as YOU see it. But what you see and what others see are not always the same. It's okay to not like Smash 4, but it's NOT okay to make life harder for the people who do. It's called being kind and respectful. What I see is a game more accessible, that focuses not on who can push buttons faster, but who can make the best decisions and outplay their opponent. Not only in the game, but in the mind. And that view is no less valid then someone who might not like Smash 4.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213

???
First you call Smash 4 "unfair" and complain about how you get wrecked by other people then you call it a kiddie game? So what does that say about your own skill? :chuckle: Btw complaining about a fighting game being unfair is the very definition of being a scrub. I wonder what kind of salt you spew when you lose at Melee lol

D

Deleted member

First you call Smash 4 "unfair" and complain about how you get wrecked by other people then you call it a kiddie game? So what does that say about your own skill? :chuckle: Btw complaining about a fighting game being unfair is the very definition of being a scrub. I wonder what kind of salt you spew when you lose at Melee lol
The same salt you use when I destroy you in both games as Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

lolololololololol Mewtwo the worst character in both games My Melee Marth will literally R A P E your ****ty Mewtwo
That's the point. He's the worst character in this joint, yet when we fight, you'll think it's Meta-Knight.

Beat that.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
Ok, when did this become a Smash 4 hate thread?

This sort of stuff makes me ashamed to be part of the Melee community. :/

D

Deleted member

"Grown Men", or so they say
In the kindergarten of which they lay

In the hand, lies the unfading plan
Where the children say "pika" and will run through the sand
---
You say this game is competitive
But with rolls the game 'comes repetitive

You say that this game can be-cool
But straight-face that when you're foot-stooled

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
1. Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, Falcon, Rosalina, Pikachu, Villager, Fox, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, Ness, Meta-Knight (ftfy)

Am I lying though? Smash 4 has zero tech skill. Unless you count perfect pivoting, which, mind you, debuted in Brawl, or
Wrong again, Glide-Tossing exists in Smash 4 and so does an absurd amount of other frame-perfect tech

I don't know why I'm even responding to you at this point though, you've proven yourself to be a complete troll lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why a troll?
that's not how i roll.
if I was a villain, i'd be outta-control.

Also, thanks for fixing the list for me :)

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Lmao. This Mario Smith guy is a complete joke. Instead of hating on games, why don't we talk about our love for smash as a whole and how far we've come. This post was supposed to be about a love for a game series and how people capped out the spots, after all.

_gold_

Smash Master
My friend and I were discussing that the other day. It's amazing how quickly Melee got back in the scene, and became so popular again. It really hit it's peak a year or two ago, but it's still going strong!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sigh. I can't believe how many people make this error. Total ignorance.

Perfect pivoting has been in smash, since smash 64. So basically the "advanced" tech of smash 4 is literally stuff from 17 years ago.

Anyhow, smash 4 is what's helping increase tournament attendence since melee is huge but smash 4 also draws a crowd. It's better than the brawl days when brawl eclipsed melee and smash became very very boring.

At least now you get both at most of the big tournaments.

The way I see it, smash 4 helps melee more than it hurts it (By bringing lots of new smashers)

As long as it's not replacing melee or hurting melee's scene, I have no issue with it. Melee has stood the test of time. I still think Smash 4 is watered down / easy / boring but there are thousands and thousands of people who enjoy it competitively so go figure. I think the two games should exist side by side so that as many people as possible can have fun at these awesome events, or watching them on stream.

I wish I was going to BH5... a few of my friends are going and I am jelly.

Last edited:

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
"Grown Men", or so they say
In the kindergarten of which they lay

In the hand, lies the unfading plan
Where the children say "pika" and will run through the sand
---
You say this game is competitive
But with rolls the game 'comes repetitive

You say that this game can be-cool
But straight-face that when you're foot-stooled
Yes the meme is sarcastic commentary on the fact that people actually compete in Smash 4.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
"New crap consoles" is a pretty accurate statement. Everyone in the industry feels that way, even most Nintendo fanboy journalists. Nintendo's sad sale figures reflect these sentiments as do the sale numbers of AAA first party games like Zelda for the new console.

So if you actually think that's "cringeworthy", you're probably severely biased or don't own/play the other consoles.

The Wii failed because none of those casuals bought more than 1-2 games and just played Wii sports....Nintendo has decided to ignore the hardcore audience in favor of the more fickle casual and new gamers. All the smart hardcore fans have converted by now or abandonded modern Nintendo completely, since Nintendo doesn't give a crap about them. They are choosing gimmicks and experimental tech over what they were known for - a high quality vast library (including 3rd party support, gimmicks scare away good developers), cutting edge but affordable tech and contemporary ingenuity. With Nintendo; games used to always come first, now they are just being tryhards with new dumb ways to play videogames. The gimmicks have to be genius to have a long life, since the DS they haven't been anywhere close.
First things first, PC is far-and-away my #1 platform, as it has way too many advantages over consoles to even count, so don't go spewing out that "fanboy" BS at me.

Second, Nintendo has actually stepped away from focusing on casual gamers as of late, with Miyamoto even saying the way they (casuals) approach games is "pathetic". Have you seriously never taken a step back and noticed that they've been putting out pretty much nothing but their core IPs and games like Bayonetta 2 & Fatal Frame V over the last year or so? The last casual-oriented game they even ANNOUNCED was Wii Fit U.

Third, and finally, the idea that Nintendo does nothing but "gimmicks" is nothing more than a giant fallacy. In this day & age with PC being able to do just about anything a console can (and more), consoles need something to separate themselves & make them stand out by offering something the other platforms don't. This is something Nintendo has been doing expertly, whereas Sony & Microsoft literally have the same pieces of tech with slightly different innards (they're mediocre gaming PCs pretending to be consoles, i.e. PCs without the benefits of PC gaming).

The GamePad is not a mere "gimmick", and objectively so. You wanna know what the GamePad is? The answer is a rather simple one: it's a standard controller with additional input devices. Don't believe me? Take a look at its layout. It has two clickable analogs, four face buttons, a d-pad, Start & Select buttons, two bumpers, and two triggers, alongside Power & Home buttons. That's everything a standard controller has in modern day. In addition to these, however, it has a touch screen, motion sensors, a gyroscope, an accelerometer, a microphone, and even a magnetometer. All these allow for game design otherwise not possible, and as such, game design you can't find on competing platforms.

This isn't a gimmick; it's an evolution of the controller. I remember back in the day when a new console generation meant a new controller with additional inputs, and how exciting that was. That's not something you see nowadays outside of Nintendo, and it's one of the many reasons game design has stifled in the mainstream market. Implying that the GamePad ISN'T "genius" is unrealistically laughable.

The reason the Wii U has failed financially is because of Nintendo's lack of marketing for it (among other poor business decisions). The head honchos basically expected the money to roll in on its own for reasons unfathomable, and as such, their product flopped. Why they didn't try to rectify its rough launch by doing similar things they did with the 3DS is beyond me.

You say "smart hardcore" gamers have avoided Nintendo when the reality is uninformed mainstream gamers have.

Watch this video. It further details the basic concepts I've presented here, coming from someone who almost exclusively promotes PC gaming on his channel and has frequently detailed why he believes PS4 & Xbox One aren't worth a purchase. (In other words, the video goes into further detail so that I don't have to, and the publisher hasn't even the slightest sense of bias towards Nintendo).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't feed the troll.
Why not
Lmao. This Mario Smith guy is a complete joke. Instead of hating on games, why don't we talk about our love for smash as a whole and how far we've come. This post was supposed to be about a love for a game series and how people capped out the spots, after all.
Unlike you guys, I'm not going to stand up for what's wrong. Smash 4 is a mistake, and I refuse to support it. I'm not a part of your "Smash Community", I'm just a visitor.
--
Regardless, depending on the IQ of the people I interact with, I'll sometimes tailor my "intellectual output" to accommodate for the change. Compare my post about the statistics of videos games back on page 1, to these cheesy raps on page 2. Once I find that a person is worthy of receiving respect, then it would be wrong of me not to supply it. But if you're going to clutter up this website with your linear,
pre-programed, Nintenslave, conformist tendencies, then I'm going to treat you like how you are.

One thing you have to learn as you get older is that you have to agree to disagree, because you can get away with almost anything on the internet, but in real life... watch out.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Why not

Unlike you guys, I'm not going to stand up for what's wrong. Smash 4 is a mistake, and I refuse to support it. I'm not a part of your "Smash Community", I'm just a visitor.
--
Regardless, depending on the IQ of the people I interact with, I'll sometimes tailor my "intellectual output" to accommodate for the change. Compare my post about the statistics of videos games back on page 1, to these cheesy raps on page 2. Once I find that a person is worthy of receiving respect, then it would be wrong of me not to supply it. But if you're going to clutter up this website with your linear,
pre-programed, Nintenslave, conformist tendencies, then I'm going to treat you like how you are.

One thing you have to learn as you get older is that you have to agree to disagree, because you can get away with almost anything on the internet, but in real life... watch out.
Alright then. I respect your opinion. I'm still going to play smash 4, because it just feels right for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Melee noob or anything. I can wavedash, shffl, waveshine, use shiek's auto-canceled f-airs, chaingrab. All the basic tchniquies, but I just feel more comfortable and enjoy myself more when playing smash 4. It's like when people play 64 or project m over Melee. I actually thought that rapping was kind of funny. It's not a mistake. It was intentionally developed by nintendo for the sake of making money just like Melee was. You don't have to support smash 4, but I do expect people to at least not hate on it and add fire to the dumb flame wars that are between smash 4 and Melee and all other smash games, but we'll agree to respectfully disagree.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
pre-programed, Nintenslave, conformist tendencies, then I'm going to treat you like how you are..
this is probably the most arrogant delusional thing i've heard anyone spout off on the internet in a while.

congratulations lol you've officially shocked me

final note; take your own advice, this kind of attitude only works on the internet

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Why not

Cool, we don't need arrogant / delusional haters around here anyway.

Smash 4 is a watered down version of smash that requires virtually no skill to master, and I also dislike it, with a passion. But to call it a mistake is really stupid. It was intentionally designed to be this way to stifle the competitive community, just like brawl. The design of smash 4 is VERY intentional. If anything Melee is the one that they see as a mistake considering they have done everything possible to make brawl/smash 4 as far away from melee's fast & technical design as possible. Which is why it blows my mind that people even bother competing in smash 4 when it's as linear as it is.

Really? .... really? How can you type something like that without throwing up?

You're the classic definition of a pseudo intellectual... don't bother tailoring your "intellectual" output because you lack an intlect to begin with.

You can't be more than 15 years old. I wouldn't get ahead of myself talking about "getting older" if I was you.

Now, considering you're self admitedly not part of the smash community.... leave.

D

Deleted member

Cool, we don't need arrogant / delusional haters around here anyway.

Smash 4 is a watered down version of smash that requires virtually no skill to master, and I also dislike it, with a passion. But to call it a mistake is really stupid. It was intentionally designed to be this way to stifle the competitive community, just like brawl. The design of smash 4 is VERY intentional. If anything Melee is the one that they see as a mistake considering they have done everything possible to make brawl/smash 4 as far away from melee's fast & technical design as possible. Which is why it blows my mind that people even bother competing in smash 4 when it's as linear as it is.

Really? .... really? How can you type something like that without throwing up?

You're the classic definition of a pseudo intellectual... don't bother tailoring your "intellectual" output because you lack an intlect to begin with.

You can't be more than 15 years old. I wouldn't get ahead of myself talking about "getting older" if I was you.

Now, considering you're self admitedly not part of the smash community.... leave.
I think it's best to put this to a halt. Debating with an internet troll (you) is like trying to dig a tunnel into hell. It's nothing but self-termination.

I'm glad that we see eye-to-eye on the whole Smash 4 thing though.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
This is what the internet does to some people. C'mon Mario Smith....you basically just described yourself and the situation you cornered yourself into during this thread.

Let's start over. Be the homie.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
It's incredible how erect people get when they spout crap like this behind their keyboard. I'd hate to share a room with you at any venue Mario Smith.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
>Trolls the entire thread
> calls me the troll

To be fair though I am a huge troll so he's actually right. Just got unbanned :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom