• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 4 Results [Oct 4-5, 2014 - Romulus, MI]

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to:
-Juggleguy for being the greatest TO.

-PGH Carroll for being hilarious.

-Abate for drinking with us at the bar and being an overall awesome guy.

-Raynex, DJ Nintendo, and Vanz for beating me in pools.

-Bird, Jizzard, CH_IS for rooming with me and being cool players (Oregon for life).

-#FreeToby for analyzing character noises rather than the insane gameplay in top 8 Melee. Also for being a blast to hang out with.

-Eikelmann for crushing me with his Ganon and other characters in MMs.

-SFAT for being the homie on the plane ride there (Also BizarroFlame and L for being chill guys).

-Mules for running my first round pool and playing me in round 2.

-Idea for the fun friendlies.

-Scar and Mango for ragging on me on stream and mistaking me for being a Midwest player.

-The Battlefield top platform.

-Lucky...He's pretty good.

-Melee, the game that stands the test of time.

-Bryonato for being the only other Eastern Washington player to attend.

-The waitress at Big Boy (Also Bladewise and Toph for joining us for dinner).

-Many other people I'm forgetting at this moment but won't forget in the long run. Smash has the best community.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Was really nice to finally make it out to the Midwest after so long. Thanks to the smash community for almost being so receptive and awesome. BIG thank you to the TO staff and Rob for a job really well done. Thanks to Tafo for being an awesome teammate. Shoutouts to MD/VA for the car ride and eh performance. We'll get em next time.

To anyone who talked to me on Saturday afternoon-evening: I was in a pretty **** mood after my poor performances and I may have seemed pretty indifferent. I hate that I acted that way and I apologize if anyone took offense to it. I love you guys, and I'll be back. <3

GGs to all I played, and to the all the new faces. Keep at it, and see you all at Apex.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I couldn't make it to The Big House 4, but it was one hell of a show to watch from home.

Scar, you're awesome dude. Thanks for being a very entertaining Captain Falcon and an awesome commentator.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I placed well for my very first national. Meeting everyone was a treat. Everything was amazing. Shoutouts to everyone for doing what they do best because The Big House 4 was amazing beyond words. Also shoutouts to being one of the only cosplayers at the event. I was the dude with the Link cosplay on Saturday. GGs everyone. I could have placed better than I did. There's always next time. Incredibly fun tournament and amazing time.

Also, shoutouts to the 500 people I streetpassed all weekend on my 3DS. That was insane. All of the top players I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with seemed to very sociable and humble which was great.
I was very proud of the Midwest for showing that we are definitely no joke and that we are discredited at times for no valid reasoning.

Last but not least shoutouts to Armada for pulling out the Action Replay in the set vs Darkrain where he pulled 3 stitch faces and a beam sword in the set. I'm only kidding about the Action Replay, but my God, the RNG gods were surely on Armada's side.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
I placed well for my very first national. Meeting everyone was a treat. Everything was amazing. Shoutouts to everyone for doing what they do best because The Big House 4 was amazing beyond words. Also shoutouts to being one of the only cosplayers at the event. I was the dude with the Link cosplay on Saturday. GGs everyone. I could have placed better than I did. There's always next time. Incredibly fun tournament and amazing time.

Also, shoutouts to the 500 people I streetpassed all weekend on my 3DS. That was insane. All of the top players I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with seemed to very sociable and humble which was great.
I was very proud of the Midwest for showing that we are definitely no joke and that we are discredited at times for no valid reasoning.

Last but not least shoutouts to Armada for pulling out the Action Replay in the set vs Darkrain where he pulled 3 stitch faces and a beam sword in the set. I'm only kidding about the Action Replay, but my God, the RNG gods were surely on Armada's side.
Yeah, the triple stitch thing was ludicrous. I made so much noise watching that set. Definitely very entertaining, but very bad luck on behalf of Darkrain.

cemo

white walker
If I could only go to one tournament a year, it would be this one.

shoutouts to pools homies:

KJH - The realest. i thought i had you, but you brought it back. ggs.
Seibrik - Next time I'll try to remember that rolling is pretty awful to get around jigglypuff. Still, it was a good choice and lets you play to your strengths as a player more. i admire the ability to play through the hype crowd of whatever was on stage at the time.
Goodin - I am sorry I don't travel enough to be seeded, there are definitely pools you could have made it out of.
iBMoney - when I first saw your name I thought you were IB from Toronto
Nutffles - we should play some friendlies sometimes, melee/pm or whatever when i'm in toronto.
montross - i should have played you in some friendlies after since I didn't get to play you in pools. next time 8)

ggs to the rest (:

bracket: pool:

big wenz - you exposed my skillset with that doc switch, omg.
the lake - i was definitely scared to play you, good games. it was fun and you seemed super nice.

people i gave money to:

eikelmann - i got #rekt. i played you on battlefield and stadium (ice climbers). ggs, I'll get my 5$ back next time I see you 8) (apex?)
zanguzen - you are the nicest player, congratulations on making it into the bracket.
milkman - thanks for the mm when i came to talk to you and redd, your fox is definitely very good.

friendlies:

wake & mundungu : i would've stayed longer but we were leaving soon and I wanted to get a few more matches in.
gravy : your falcon is pretty sick, i was scared to lose neutral. fun games with you/windrose/sled
cactuar : you still wreck me, I'd love to see you get really far in bracket. you're a very fundamentals oriented player and i appreciate that a lot.
peach that was also playing with cactuar: good games, sorry i don't remember your tag.
pyro and the kid playing with pyro : haha, you guys were pretty fun to play friendlies with, i needed to relax a bit and that helped. i will play you with my ICs another time, there should be a tournament in montreal coming up too if you're interested.
captain snips (?) : how did you end up doing? you seemed pretty good from the friendlies we played beforehand.

doubles:

kk & abate : you guys adapted well game 2 and had a better gameplan than us. how did you end up doing?
m@v & yoshi guy : we were scared to 2 v 1 yoshi after seeing him make the comeback in your last set, ggs (:
emodinosaur & peanutphobia: what cool tags, good games
inertia/diego: pay more attention to stage control/position

special thanks:

juggleguy & TO staff - this was an amazingly run tournament. only problem i can think of were the setups where pool 13~ and 16, running singles there was pretty cozy. you might have managed to outgrow this new venue in one event, which is a great problem.
sean thugz #1 NE - you seemed like a pretty cool guy, didn't see you much after though. thanks!
ontario - for being cool
Vrud - for driving and making it out of phase 1 pools
kalamazhu - for being amazing, even if i didn't talk to you
kels - for ruining my BH4 draft with his stellar play
toph & scar - for having super entertaining commentary during top 8 on our drive back

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
eikelmann - i got #rekt. i played you on battlefield and stadium (ice climbers). ggs, I'll get my 5$ back next time I see you 8) (apex?)
ggs. might go to apex. also, stop using side b so much on stage lol i killed you multiple times for that

-Eikelmann for crushing me with his Ganon and other characters in MMs.
ggs. it was fun. didn't know you were from WA. say hi to @Gimpyfish62 for me :bee:

Eikelmann- Had fun in our MM. I wish I had a Ganon main here to play against too. I think the MU is very fun.
ggs. a shame you didn't watch my money match with @kalamazhu. you might have learned a thing or two.

@ Juggleguy Juggleguy if you go to apex, we should money match.

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to all the guys I played in PM pools, especially @HomeMadeWaffles @Blackulon @Senpai♥ , you guys are awesome.
Shoutouts to @Rat for rooting for me during pools and saying a certain phrase over the mic.

I said it during the feedback thread, but thanks @ Juggleguy Juggleguy and the TO staff for letting me captain. Got to meet some amazing people and I'm always happy to help.

Thanks everyone for having your 3DS's, especially since Smash 4 came out. I got so many streetpasses over the weekend. Finished almost 3 panels and I even forgot to check for 6 hours on Saturday.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Hey @ Juggleguy Juggleguy , can I get that poolsheet template you used? It's so legit that I feel like I have to ask for it.

Also fantastic tournament. Shoutouts to you first and foremost. I wanted to come up and see you work and you didn't disappoint, showing you're a beacon to all TOs out there. I think you're the best TO that I've seen around hands down, so keep it up. You are (somehow) the best kept secret even though everyone generally comes away with a huge positive experience.

Shoutouts to BH4 Staff. I didn't know a lot of you, but you guys really had the least fun job. I don't think you guys got enough hype for the thankless (almost literally) job that you did to support the tournament. I hope you guys got to relax, drink, play friendlies or something at some point. Oh and get paid or something.

Shoutouts to Strong_Bad for doing what he did in a major way. Unfortunate about the pools situation, but sometimes you gotta make choices that are hard. I'm glad to have been of service to you and hope that you're (still) finally resting a bit from the long weekend. Not too much though 'cause ***** you got some work to be doing. : )

Shoutouts to the TLoc Crew. Infinity, Oracle, bec. You guys were fantastic and very patient with me trying to get pools matches to you/steal Oracle for his own pool. Glad I got to sit down and play some friendlies with you, bec, they were hella fun. You guys are amazing.

Shoutouts to GimR, being rock solid as usual and a cool person to boot. Glad that you're able to come out and support so many events. You're one of the hardest working guys in the biz and hope that you continue to be appreciated as such.

Shoutouts to West MI for taking my money. I'll see you guys soon, so I can get that money back. Also good job to Solharath and I was rooting for you, Lordy (just not against Freze). Keep at it, all of you guys are so talented!

Shoutouts to the Ohio University Smash Group. You guys came out in full force and it was a pleasure to meet you guys. Show up to more things north of Athens, we'd love to have you! Also good **** to Freze!

Shoutouts to Alpha Dash. You and I played a lot on Sunday and it was so much fun. I hope that my random comments weren't too annoying. I got into a festive mood when playing casuals.

Shoutouts to all of the PM Volunteers. Pools captains, people who helped put the bracket together, people who took pictures. Anyone who helped out. You all are great!

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. Already gave my local shoutouts/PMBR shoutouts I think on other mediums.

Special additional shoutout to Leffen for making me money. Thanks homie!

EDIT: Also, S A D B O Y S shoutout to the fact that my name isn't on the shirt even though I'm sure I was registered in time. : (

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
This was the biggest tourney I've ever been to, and it was so much hype. I wished I placed higher in P:M because I know I can, but that was such fantastic weekend regardless. If there's a BH5, I hope I can make it to that, too.

- Shoutouts to all of the guys I got to play in some quick friendlies of P:M & Smash 4.

- Shoutouts to everyone I faced within the tourney, including Super & Ripple (I WILL defeat your DDD next time).

- Shoutouts to all of the announcers, pool managers, and commentators for their support.

- Shoutouts to SoulPech & Juushichi for once again being such chill dudes to hang out and travel with, and shoutouts to Dro for joining us 3 on our road trip for the first time.

- Shoutouts to all the Ohio players that came out to show what our state is made of, as well as every other state not named Ohio or Michigan.

- Anti-shoutouts to whoever somehow marked my tag # in the placings as "492" instead of "493"...

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to everyone I played, and props to the Ann Arbor TO staff for this awesome tournament.

I still have not had any luck finding my setup after the tournament. The whole thing went MIA after the end of the event, so please PM me if you accidentally took it by mistake. The setup is a silver gamecube with melee (labelled with a Mundungu tag) and a black memory card with an SSBM sticker on it. It had a 15" TV with it.

I'd rather not throw out another $100 on missing smash setups. I already lost out on the setup discount since I couldn't check out with the setup, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
A list of recent tournaments I've attended and how well I did in them.
It's not a program or web-format thing, I just type it all out and update it.

For example:
7 - 141012 - UM Biweekly 3 ------ 03/04: 36% [DE2], 33 / 51: 37% - 37%
Is the equivalent of the following:
My 7th tournament was on Oct. 12, 2014: the UM Biweekly 3. I won 3 games and lost 4, a rating of 36%. I was knocked out in the 2nd round of a double elimination tournament, placing 33rd out of 51 participants: I made it through 37% of the tournament. My overall score for this tournament is a 37%.
The overall score is the equivalent of a score on a test: so 37% is a big fat 'F'. :p
I want to get at a point where I start scoring above 60% consistently: a 'D' or better.

This is just a way for me to keep track of where I've been and how well I'm doing. :)

Last edited:

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
Oh, awesome! I guess I'll have to calculate my placement by hand. Oh well!
Thank you again, Juggleguy!

Kulprit

Smash Cadet
I know this isn't the right post to comment for my concern (if anyone knows of one that can link me to it, that'd be awesome; haven't had any luck finding it so far) but I wanna know how I can change the stage layout on first & second page for PM. Thanks!

- Kulprit

Top Bottom