• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - The Big House 4 2014 The Big House 4 Equipment Guidelines

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
The Big House 4 Equipment Guidelines

Please check here for the committed equipment list:
http://smashboards.com/data/news/articles/tbh4_pools_093014.pdf

A lot of attendees have asked about TBH4′s policy on committed equipment. Here’s some more detailed information on how it works:

Each full setup brought on Friday evening is eligible for a $10 discount.
Each full setup brought on Saturday morning is eligible for a $5 discount.

All setups must meet the following requirements to qualify for a discount:

Full Melee setup:
15+ inch CRT TV
GameCube + Melee disc (no Wiis)
Fully unlocked memory card
Arrives by 10am Saturday at the latest
Stays until end of tournament on Sunday

Full PM setup:
15+ inch CRT TV
Wii + PM v3.02 essentials
No stage/character textures
Arrives by 10am Saturday at the latest
Stays until end of tournament on Sunday

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the committed equipment list?
https://meleeitonme.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/tbh4_equipment_092914.pdf

Can setup discounts stack if I bring more than one full setup?
Yes, as long as each full setup meets all the requirements. You have the option to put down 2+ CRT TVs or GameCube/Melees or Wii/PMs on the registration page.

If I can bring a full setup that meets most requirements but not all, should I still bring it?
No. Leave it at home and do not list any committed equipment during registration. Setups are the most essential piece to the successful running of a tournament, and these numbers must be accurate while planning.

Is there a discount for bringing a partial setup, such as a GameCube + Melee disc or a Wii + PM v3.02?
No. Setup discounts are given only to full setups, which includes a 15+ inch CRT TV.

Can I collaborate with a friend to bring my full setup?
Yes, but the setup discount will only go to the owner of the 15+ inch CRT TV. Label all your equipment before bringing it to the tournament.

Can I bring a Wii + Melee disc as part of my full Melee setup?
No. We are only accepting GameCubes + Melee discs as part of a full Melee setup. Do not bring a Wii + Melee disc.

Can I have stage/character/music textures or modifications as part of my full PM setup?
No. Anything different from the vanilla build is potentially distracting and cannot be used in a tournament setting. Remove any stage/character/music modifications from your PM setup before arriving. The TO staff reserves the right to refuse a setup discount to anyone who fails to do this.

What happens if I commit equipment during registration, but forget to bring it on tournament weekend?
You would have to pay a $20 penalty charge during check-in. Please understand why this penalty charge exists: the TO staff plans the entire schedule, format, and logistics of the tournament based on not only the turnout, but the amount of committed equipment by attendees. Failure to bring committed equipment directly hurts the tournament and there must be a penalty for such.

I don’t remember what equipment I committed during registration. How do I check?
Look at the committed equipment PDF at the top and bottom of this post.

I committed equipment during registration but can no longer bring it. How do I notify the TO staff?
Send an email to michigansmash@gmail.com by September 30th. Make sure to mention your gamertag and updated equipment totals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom