• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3 Results [October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI]

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey Smashers! I haven't posted in a very long time, but per Robin's request I'd like to briefly do so.

This tournament was not only extremely enjoyable, it was somewhat emotional for me as well. It was my first national in a while, I drove through the night there and back, and watching the documentary the next day - all together it mixed me up inside, for sure.

This is both obvious and obligatory, but I'd like to just the same thank JuggleGuy and Gimr/VGBootcamp. Between the two of you, I think you created something this past weekend that approached MLG in some ways, and surpassed it on other ways. I would like to not only thank you for your hard work, but invite each of you to reach out to old Wifey if there's ever anything I can do to help further your efforts. I still believe in the smash scene.

I'm not gonna do a long list of shoutouts, but a few very briefly:
Pitt guys - It was great getting to hang out and play with all of you. Taki thanks for driving 8 hours, especially. Hope to see you all soon.
Insanecarzyguy - You are the best teams player I have ever seen in Melee, relative to your individual skill. Good on you.
Chad - For being a terrific pool captain and loaning me a controller, you improved my tournament experience more than any other individual. Thank you.
Toph - Thank you for making me look good on the mic. I think that was the single easiest time I ever had commentating matches.

Yeah I've really gotta get back to other stuff so that's it. But honestly, every single person who showed up I feel indebted to. It was a great tourny.

See everyone soon,

Wife
I'll take you up on that offer!

-GimR

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah exposed :( sorry, I just haven't had enough time to complete the production yet. It's about 80% done right now.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Top 32 vid will be posted on Sunday. If I don't meet this deadline, I will juggle hacky sacks on stream at Kings of Cali 3.

CTL17

Smash Lord
If he gets it done before 7am, it would be considered "Sunday on some part of the world." (No one lives in that timezone)

Top Bottom