• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3 Results [October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Lol, it seems like everyone likes my Smashtag and my choice of Pichu as a secondary. My last message was riddled with errors since I quickly wrote it on my phone while I was getting off my school bus.

Oh yeah, facing Hax was really fun. When he saw that I picked Pichu I think he thought I meant to go for Fox. When I confirmed that I was playing Pichu, he sort of looked at me and said "Pichu? Really?" as if he were a disappointed father. After the first match I put my nickname as "SAX$" and he let out a little chuckle. He's a cool dude, and his Falcon is no joke. It can definitely overcome the wrath that is Pichu.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh yeah, facing Hax was really fun. When he saw that I picked Pichu I think he thought I meant to go for Fox. When I confirmed that I was playing Pichu, he sort of looked at me and said "Pichu? Really?" as if he were a disappointed father.
LOL this gets funnier every time I read it.

idea

Smash Master
Idea: you have my favorite smash tag ever. completely honest.

Haha, really? Cool, thanks. I came up with it by sitting down and thinking "I need to come up with a good name because I'll probably have it for years...but I can't think of any ideas..........yeah, that'll do."

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Hype hopes go out to Big House IV being a thing. This event was the biggest event I've gone to and it was mad hype. I got to meet so many new people and play against so many people. It was a grand time.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
This weekend was incredible, and I think it's time I give my shout outs.

MIOM | JuggleGuy: This tournament was absolutely amazing in so many ways. Fantastic job, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. Best ever.

GimR/VGBootcamp: For providing one of the best live streams I have ever seen, you guys are incredible.

Mew2King: It was so damn cool watching you play the way you did during top 8, especially after hearing in the post-tourney interview how you went in with a completely mindset from before. Congratulations! Also I lost count of how many up throw -> up airs you landed. 2gud

Hungrybox: I've never realized just how intimidating and fast your puff is until playing it in pools. It's insane. And I'm glad to see you went ness against my mario in game 2, that was great fun. Also, when you put your music on and started rocking out during top 6, I died laughing. So thanks for that.

MIOM | Scar: What can I say, you're a hella cool guy and great public figure for the community. Your commentary is wonderfully entertaining, and I had a blast during our couple friendlies. And I can tell you as someone who gets bodied by Hanky regularly, it was nice to see you get your revenge (especially that double dip first game). Stay fresh with that Falcon.

PewPewU & SFAT: When you guys team, it's a work of art. By far my favorite doubles team to watch, your performance this tournament and just overall synergy is unreal. Pew, it was cool getting to talk with you during bracket, you're super chill. SFAT, when you pulled of that shine -> bair -> cloud taunt against PP on yoshi's that absolutely made the tournament for me. Keep it real you guys, you're both beyond good.

PGH Carroll: So after all the talk from Abu and Hanky, I finally get to meet the man himself. You're an absolute blast to hang with dude, I couldn't stop laughing half the time you were around. And our friendlies were great, that fox is looking really solid. You're definitely becoming a prominent figure in the community, hope you continue to grow in that aspect. Also, nice job making it into bracket.

Wife: It was amazing getting to talk with you for a bit first day, your insight into the community's history is incredible, not to mention your commentary is what got me playing competitively. It's so cool seeing such an old school legend staying active in the community, and your performance was pretty great in bracket as well. Hope to see more of you at future tournaments.

OXY | The CrimsonBlur: You're a really cool guy, it was great getting to meet you and talk with you and Pew a bit during bracket. You've got great commentary and are definitely becoming another noticeable figure in the community, best of luck to you. Also, I'm sure that now you know what percent marth kills marth with up throw on fd haha

Green Ranger: Playing you in pools was great, I never thought I'd have so much fun getting bodied by dk. Glad we got to play out the classic mario vs dk rivalry in our second game. You're a cool guy and solid smasher, keep it up.

Hanky Panky: You're the one; you make smash time so much fun! But seriously, when are you going to get a canes sponsorship? nice job in bracket, it's a shame you had to face Abu. And you better believe I'm back in this game son, prepare yourself. I'll play friendlies any time. And thanks for giving us those wonderful sets against Scar and Hax. Stay free against those falcon mains.

Prince Abu: Good job reppin' Ohio with that 13th place finish, you make us proud. Keep workin' that puff.

Kalamazhu: Thanks for housing man, it was awesome getting to meet you. You've got a really solid peach too, way to give Hanky a run for his money. If you ever feel like coming down to Ohio sometime, we'd love to have you.

Corkus: It's hard to believe that a year ago we were even; that falco is looking mad fresh now. You absolutely would have made it out of any other pool, and I'm confident you'll continue to grow as a player while giving everyone the corkscrew. Also serious props for driving us to Ann Arbor, you really are the man.

Blacktician: Thanks for keeping things fresh with your blacktics. Despite the fact that you don't play this game, you're gonna be big some day. Looking forward to many blacktivities with you in the future.

I'll edit this if I remember any more. 10/10, best tournament I've ever been to.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
I normally don't write shoutouts but I felt obligated to say something about this great tournament

Rob: Amazing jobthis weekend. Everything was perfect. Your staff was extremely well trained and everyone took care of the players. I look forward to coming to BH4

Mew2King: Congrats <3

PP: You'll get em next time. Don't beat yourself up so much about losses. It can really effect a lot of things about future gameplay. In my opinion, the best thing to do after a match-- even if it's a win, is to constantly look to the future to be that much better. YOU GOT DIS

Aziz: The year is 20XX lmfao. It was sick finally gettingto kick it with you at a tourney.

Project M Staff: Keep it up :) you guys are doing great things. I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of PM, but after I saw how big of a deal it is in the Midwest I've decided I'm definitely going to give it another try. Also, LEVITATING WITH MEW2?!?!?!! :OOOO

Gravy: Best shield drops on this planet. You're gonna be a really good player dude just keep it up. Don't be afraid to mix reads into your game.

Frootloop: Still surprised at your skill. Very very impressed

KJH and Moose: You both are mad good and I had never even heard of either of you before the tournament. Keepit up!

Midwest Melee Community: You guys are all great. So supportive and overall just great people. I made so many pals this weekend! It was comforting after my loss against Nintendude (GOOD SH*T MIKEEEE) when you all clapped and someone told me that it was nice to have me at BH3. That made my trip so worth it to get such good reception from you guys. I'll be back :)

10/10 tourney. My only complaint is how many matches I had to play on the livestream. Dammit Juggleguy, putting 4 of my 7 matches of pools on the livestream! It was hella unnerving, but it also helped me learn to keep my cool. GREATTOURNAMENT. CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
How big of an upset was m2k vs. hbox? Well I'm watching the live miom ep now and I'd like to quote their opinions. First up, scar. *fart noises*
Juggle guy? "90-10 match up"
Zoso, "can we just have a collective eye roll for their sets?"

-Chad-

Slackerator

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I forgot to say something about the King himself. M2K, I only got to face you in Project M (I wish I could have faced you in Melee), and you are so god damn good. You were beating the **** out of me while laying back in your chair with your feet propped up on the table while I had my back arched up with my face in the screen trying to get a chance to get back on the stage. I'm not sure if you heard me during our matches but Nova told me to tell you that he said hi! Congrats on winning TBH3, too!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I forgot to say something about the King himself. M2K, I only got to face you in Project M (I wish I could have faced you in Melee), and you are so god damn good. You were beating the **** out of me while laying back in your chair with your feet propped up on the table while I had my back arched up with my face in the screen trying to get a chance to get back on the stage. I'm not sure if you heard me during our matches but Nova told me to tell you that he said hi! Congrats on winning TBH3, too!
The stream monsters ended up calling that the mega mewtwo y playing position lol. You were like his good luck charm throughout top 4 it seemed.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
There's so much I want to say. There's so many people I've engaged with this past weekend, and every single moment of it was amazing. I can say this with absolute certainty. This tournament was truly, monumental. I saw myself improve so much these past three days, and I've seen some players go above and beyond from what I remember them being. The icing on the cake was the smash documentary to top it all off. It, mixed with everything that has happened those three days, has truly inspired me to become so much better. I wanted to dip my feet back into smash after being out of the game for 5 months or so, only going to a few tourneys in between and doing sub par with little care for the consequences that followed. After this weekend, I found myself jumping in with a full force cannonball.

This tournament has truly shown that I still have the hunger, probably now more than ever to strive at the game I love, and I can honestly say, even though I had only a small part in it, that I will be stepping down as staff from further events and focusing on my game more than anything else. I'll be going to as many tournaments and smashfests as I possibly can so that I can climb my way to the top and play among the best. I'm ready.

See you all at Apex.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
What an odd, emotional week it has been. The tournament - a fantastic ride for me. I haven't gone to a tournament since FC Legacy, where I barely got to play. Here, I didn't have to do anything but play. I have not had that experience often, if ever. The documentary - another matter entirely that will require a separate post from me.

I appreciate Juggleguy's amazing hospitality and willingness to be such a fantastic host. Seriously, you guys have no idea what you have here in the Midwest. Thank him. Often. Appreciate his contributions. People like Juggleguy keep the community strong with integrity more than anyone realizes. Same to other guys like Crimson Blur and more. Their contributions go well beyond the tournaments.

Dr Peepee - Actually glad that match got recorded. I don't understand why you couldn't throw me a bone and go to Brinstar, though.
Hax$ - Great seeing you again as always - hope you heal up soon and well!
Nintendude - Nice meeting you, and thanks for the teams warmup!
Montross+Dope+Wife+Trail+luigi master tae - Old schoooooooool. You know.
Duck+Moose - Best teams match of the tournament for us! Way to pull it out at the end.
Hanky Panky - Thanks for the friendlies! I didn't play on Sunday much so I was glad I could slip some in before everyone started watching.
Shaeden - Really fun set - love playing against your Falco. It's a really fun stylistic matchup w/Jiggs.
Kalamazhu - I did not have much of an answer for you...sorry for the boring match.
VaNz - That was one of the most fun matches of my tournament
Christian - Sorry for the pressure during our match. :/ Not every day I get to fight a serious Link!
PGH Carroll - Never did remember what I was going to ask you
ORLY - SCARDUZIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wait why didn't I make you and Scar play the card game together?
Mew2King - Hey we finally played, albeit in PM. That...was quick. But expectedly so. Congrats on the win!
Scythe - Fun PM set...was great to pull out the Puff. I think I've played Puff like 20 matches before in PM and I still probably did better that I would've with anyone else. lol
moogle - How did we only find each other at the end? Tragic.
Mundungu - I miss playing against unique Foxes more than anything else.
KishPrime - Scrub
Kage+Rusty Shacklefurd - Canada
Spife - Never had anyone actually challenge me to run out the clock. I really should've done it in round 1. :)
.Dempt - Keeping things locked down
Scar - Great work on the stream; I actually have seen some of it now. You had me cracking up throughout the entire postgame.
Oracle - Fun PM friendlies!
Hyuga - I hit that rest maybe 1 out of 100 times. Otherwise, I'm fairly sure you go on to win that set.
VGBC | GimR - Gimmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yeah buddy. Nice meeting Somiyah as well - really neat how you can work together on this stuff.
Bowyer - I'm sure Michigan will do fine the rest of the way. Thanks for being a good sport at the bar.
Lordy - Thanks for the match and hope you heal up soon too!
Shibbypod - Thanks for the fun match in PM!
Dirac - Never did get in those matches later
The CrimsonBlur - Dang dude we needed to find some time to hang out. My fault - should've planned my attendance much better and earlier
C_Naught - Hope you continue to enjoy the scene!
heysuess - hey...that was a crazy PM set. Congrats on clutching it out! I really thought it was mine a couple times.
Tesla Coil - I hate Wario passionately in a deep, personal way. You have enhanced that feeling.
Rizner - Awesome set. Every match could've gone either way very easily. I play Zelda myself a lot and really enjoyed how you used her.
Strong Bad - Keep on keeping on. Great work across the board running things. Good man. Plus, we finally played!!

I was really, genuinely sad when I had to sneak out of the venue at 4 PM on Sunday without being able to give too many goodbyes. I have no idea when or if I'll be able to attend one of these amazing events again. I'm in a weird phase right now with 100% unknowns as to where I will be in a few months, plus, as I've mentioned through every social outlet I know, I have a daughter on the way! I try not to pretend like I'm 22 anymore, and I really appreciate everyone who made me feel welcome by honoring me with a match or a friendly throughout the event. The community is still really cool, and I love - love - to see it continue to flourish and play nice together more than 5 years after I thought it was dead.

Doing commentary for the first time other than one MLG match was awesome and amazing. I wish I could've got in with a few more partners and gotten to learn how to do it better. If anyone was listening and has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I would greatly enjoy doing it again.

I can't decide whether to be happy or depressed that I got 41st at an FC3-sized national when at my presumed best I was only 15-20 spots higher. What?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I accidently took someone's memory card. if you think it's yours or someone you know's. PM me

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
This was one of the best tournies I've ever been to. Maybe even the best...
Thank you to everyone who made this possible.
The venue was epic, free coffee, tea, and whatever those oatmeal bars were...divine.
The 12 hour drive each was was 100% worth it. I would do it again until this tournament series is no longer.
Pennsylvania is ass. Ohio is pretty much ass. Michigan is legit.
There was so much hype and emotion generated by/during this tourney that I literally came out of it a new man.
THANK YOU!!!!

ZoSo - Mountain of *****...something about playing Fox...lasagna...20xx...a whole bunch of other stuff we'll eventually remember. Thank you for having enough Jazz on your MP3 player to keep me alive. (literally) Thank you for driving. Thank you for teaching me all that you have taught me in Melee. Thank you for having a crazy awesome mental connection with me. Thank you for always bringing me back down to Earth when I float away to nonsense land. Thank you for sometimes joining me in nonsense land. Thank you for being awesome and amazing at guitar. See you soon. <3

Cort - Thank you for being a great giver of advice and ruthlessly criticizing my gameplay and person. You're an ass when you're drunk, but it's just funny enough to be ok. Deflated jigglypuff, effecting smash DI, turn the music down x 2000. Courtney (Was that her name? Waffle house.) was a stupid ***** for sure. (Suck it, Dave and Matt). Only waffle blowjobs though.

MDZ | MattDotZeb - You're very good at Melee, but you're bad at emotional control. At least you're getting better though, as am I. It's a tough road. Thanks for helping with the driving and for showing me that cool music. We had many laughs that I cannot recall immediately. I appreciate your company, and hope to spend more time with oyu in the future! RoM and Apex ahoy!

Chrlz - Good. Times.
Good talks, good P:M, good DDR.
You're an awesome dude, and you're super multi talented. Your progress is scary, and your Ivysaur is "fierce".
You're always serving that honest, outgoing realness.
I want those sunglasses for keepsies.
Apex will be a hell of a time, keep your energy in check, and I look forward to us motivating eachother!
(Oh, and thank you for driving, it meant a ton. Your car is amazing.)

Spife - <3333333333333333333333333333 so much love...but where's your wallet?

Hax$ - AZIIIIIZZZZ!!! Dude, it's always great hanging out with you. You're awesome, and your Falcon is mind bogglingly good. It is pretty much what leads up to 20xx if you think about it. I'll see you in NY soon. I can't wait to see that fully developed Fox.

BLiu - It was great catching up! You're an awesome dude, we should play friendlies next time though. Thanks for all you did to help make the tourney run, too.

Kanye Rest - Every tourney you go to is so much more hype. Good seeing you man, I hope to see you again soon so we can hype the crowd up again. That Falcon though...haha

OXY | The CrimsonBlur - THE CRIMSON BLUR. Great to see you as always. You're super legit for traveling as much as you do for this game, and I always enjoy interacting with you...but WTF?? What's the weather like down here? I mean in 129th place...where you don't belong.

.Dempt - You play THUG. Enough said...good job running our pool too, even though people made it tough by being elsewhere.

VGBC | GimR - Good to see you again GimR. Thank you for doing all you did for the tournament. I am hype for a highlight video if you're making one. It was great meeting your girlfriend, too. She is awesome. Hopefully we meet again in tourney; I'm sure I'll see you again soon!

Mew2King - Good job!! I'm so happy for you man. It was great to see you so excited and proud of yourself. Keep up the good work, you're back!!! (Thanks for the money too btw!)

Hungrybox - Thanks for dumpstering me in pools, congrats on 2nd...You're something else man.

MIOM | Scar - We didn't interact much, but thanks for everything you do to make our world thrive.

Idea - Your Falco was extremely unique. I appreciate your style and understanding. GGs

Kels - It was good meeting you man, your Fox is awesome. Next time we have to get a few games in.

Dio Brando - 13th!!! Nice! Good to meet you man; GGs in P:M, and hopefully I'll see you at another tourney.

Moose - We didn't play at all, but it was good to catch up with you. See you at Apex or RoM, I assume.

Hanky Panky - GGs in friendlies! Too bad our set got cut short. See you at Apex hopefully!

Europhoria - Fun set in pools, your Marth is awesome. GGs

PGH Carroll - Salt. GGs though. Hopefully see you again at RoM or Apex.

Ripple - Good games in pools. Watch those charge shots lol

MIOM | Juggleguy - ...dude...Amazing tournament. Great job overall. Thank you for EVERYTHING, and see you next year hopefully!

Cheato - Salty...We both ****ed up, but GGs anyway!

Gravy - Duuuuude! It's awesome chilling with you. Our matches are great. I will see you at RoM/Apex if you're going; we definitely have to play more. Claw style.

ShroudedOne - GGs in friendlies, those were fun matches.

Gooeybanana - GGs in friendlies! Your Falcon is cool.

Rat - Dat Samus...Dat effective Samus...

Asylum - Sick Falco, let's play sometime soon, we live somewhat close to each other.

BlackPanther - GGs in friendlies man, that claw style!

Machiavelli - Some friendlies were played...GGs!

BigWenz - GGs in pools...I ban FD in advance.

Blacktician - GGs in friendlies! I figured you would place way better than this, though. Your Fox is legit.

PseudoTurtle - GGs in the small amount of friendlies we played.

Pizzaman - ...

Until next time!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This was a very well-run tourney. Juggleguy is a very impressive TO, hats off to him =)

Max Berger- <33333

Anna- LMFAOOOOO amazing games

Dempt- <3

Pichu I camped- made my tourney lmao. Thanks for being such a good sport!

Toph- fun friendlies! Shineguards lol =p

KJH- keep playing dude you were doin some good stuff!

NC homies who came- tyyyyyy good stuff

Competition- grr

Steak N Shake- takin care of me all over

All I played- Thanks and I hope to play you again!

See you all at Apex hopefully =)

j00t

Smash Champion
I told you to doodie on them and you didn't doodie on all of them.

Sadness.

kalindih

Smash Cadet
Alright 1st time doing shoutouts lol.
1st off shout outs to juggleguy for the amazing tourney
M2k- Didnt get a chance to play you but congrats on winning, you definitely make me wanna get more efficient with my fox.
Hbox- Lol i had fun in our set. super salty about the last phantom hit
PP- It was cool to finally meet you and play friendlies with you and thanks for all the advice and encouragement
Sfat- Your fox is crazy, learned alot from our friendlies and thanks for the advice
PPU- Thanks for making a combo video out of me lol, too determined to learn the marth matchup now.
Hax- Watching you play on youtube and actually playing are so different, I never thought falcon can move that damn fast i was scared out my mind in our set lol
Green Ranger- Everyone thought you were gonna beat me and i can see why lol you're really good Glad we made it out of pools this year.
Moose- By far the best set me and you have ever played.
Toph- I still think your fox is amazing, it was good seeing you and great commentary.
Tremor- U suck
Hiv+- U suck
Slayer- U suck
Crow- Ur a god
kjh- lol I finally made it out of pools

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
I choked bad :(

But thanks for the s/o great playing you too =] hopefully we'll meet again

Do you remember how corkus (falco probably a red falco) played vs you? He's one of my columbus homies
Yeah I remember him. He was pretty good, but he was a bit timid, and he didn't follow up as well as he could have. He needs to use back air more to kill and learn to tech chase better, as well as figure out comboing a bit more efficiently. His pressure was pretty good, his lasers were fine, and his approaches weren't bad. His defense with shines was good, but like I said, he didn't really follow up all that well most of the time. there were a few times where he would get first hit, and I'd just get out of the combo really quick and dumpster him. He was pretty good at standing his ground and spacing, though. I don't really know what else.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I had an amazing first tournament. Unfortunately, I did a really long write-up that's just too long for Smashboards.
You can find it HERE, and be warned, it's a long one.

Thanks to all the people in my pool for showing me a good time and teaching me a lot, especially KishPrime and Dope, for encouraging me and giving me pointers.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Pichu I camped- made my tourney lmao. Thanks for being such a good sport!
Lmao, that was probably the my favorite part of the whole tourney, weirdly enough. Next time you come to Michigan we have to do something like that again, or have a for real friendlies match, that'd be super fun.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Excellenty ran tourney - one of my favorite ^_^

Juggleguy - Thank you for hosting a tourney of this magnitude very smoothly - Mission comprete =3 Will be interested in a followup tourney!
Hax - The man from the futureeeeeeeee
Hbox - Good job on eliminating Dr. PP. Was fun playing you in pools, wish my Falcon coulda edged it out last stock against that Falco tho ;P
zbet - Dude you ****in look like Orlando Bloom! Closest set in pools by far hahaha, good **** on getting the W!
Oracle - Thank god I got to play a ****in' Luigi in my pool - GGs, specially on getting out of pools!
Anther - Thank god I got to play a ****in' Pikachu in my pool - I wanted you to get out of pools :(
DFU - So...we're 1-1 in sets now? SOON.
Professor Chromegay - Came outta nowhere and took me getting out of pools away from me ;(
Green Ranger - You basically did the same thing as ^ BUT, you used DK so you still have a soul and can be loved <3 We didn't get any friendlies in! Next time, I #NEED that DK practice!!
Coffeemug & Ferriswheel - fun pools matches guys :D
C_Naught - Exciting matches, keep up the good work!
Kappy - Thank you for letting me turn up the volume for MAX hype during the last 30 seconds of our match. I will ignore the fact that it only made Metaknight's approach that much more scary. Looking at the bracket image now, I hate you for beating me because I could've played Kishprime for the nostalgias D= I'll ignore I just looked at that image too.
Scythe - SCYTHEEEE!!!!
Mundungu - Was nice talking and had a fun time in doubles bracket. I'm sure I'll see you around!
Stif & Jono - thanks for keeping it close!
Rat - Man, I know I said we play in tourney against each other a lot...but let's keep it to Melee next time ;) Still learning that Samus MU and THEN I'll work on a M2K bodying-Wolf playstyle. Funpoolsmatchesyayablahblah
Super - Fun MM, man you were Jones'in for my $3 after watching my MM ;P Next time let's keep it to Melee characters and see who Sheik accompanies in that bodybag ;) You made me quit playing Ivysaur LMAO ;_; I don't wanna do that to people!
Dude I MM'd for $1 before Super(luigi master tae...? I forget, I was admittedly pretty baked and names like Super are just easier to remember =/ No johns) - Ah, Sheik vs. Falcon. Good times, good times. Thanks for challenging me to a MM man, I don't get approached for those ever so it was exciting ^.^
Shaeden - part of me wants to say GG because you just bodied the balls out of me, part of me wants to say why'd you have to make me look so bad on stream xP Regardless, nice job on the placing and next time I'll shorten the gaps in stock, EH :V!
Ripple - YOU SAID HE PLAYED WUIGIIIIIIIIII - One day, I'm going to have a better Samus than you and trash talk YOUR Samus while Joe is punching it in the face
Proskater - thanks for the friendlies man, needed some other Foxes to get used to the playstyle more. Things get a little hectic when you got mad aggro Black Panther on your heels all the time :p
ORLY - Part of me wants to say hush during your matches, the other says FUGG IT MELEE. GOT EM! Thanks for being a great source of entertainment and someone easy to talk to throughout the weekend.
Fruitloop - Good job on the placings! Keep dat busy head :p!
Dope - You positive mother ****** LOL.
Yakal - I'm glad I could get the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference! Hope it made your tourney :3 WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
al cheato & The Good Doctor - no pics no proof LMAOOOOO GG NO RE ~ Srsly tho, thanks for housing me
Spife - Thanks for including me in the housing! Although I never got to show you that my Sheik has moves like Jaggar.
Black Panther - I swear man, you were about to marry that water. I'll be looking forward to the prototype you've created when I come over next week lololol
JoedoTurtle - Thanks for the carpool AGAIN! 8 hour trip = not **** after that Vegas trip. Life changing stuff.
Lady smashers - Thank you!! My friends asked how my sausage fest was and I told them there were AT LEAST 4 girls here!! Shoutouts to Kels' gf's Marth, lookin better than Dart LOL
Stupid ass carpet the Hilton uses - **** you and your stupid indented circles all over the place. I can't sleep on that. WHERE THE **** IS THE CONDITIONER!? +karmanobible

I'm sleepy, see shoutout # 18 for johns on why I might have forgot your shoutout. Loved the tourney and the TOs who didn't spike my drink and all the fun and alcohol I had and the wedding receptions oddly going on at the same time and people cussing everywhere LOL man, you can't get enough of Smash tourneys <3 Probably going to request Apex off meow, yheyyyyy

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Juggleguy - You, my friend, are one of the best TOs our community has ever had. Just about everything about how this event was run was perfect. You should already consider me confirmed for your next major tournament.

Staff - Of course it wouldn't be right to speak so highly of Juggleguy without giving a shoutout to all of the staff that ensured that the event ran as he had planned. You guys did great.

GIMR and Somiyah - Amazing job with the stream all weekend. You're really bringing us back to near MLG levels of production quality. Simply the best.

CTL - Thanks a million for the housing and for your work behind the scenes. Come back to MD/VA plz.

Wife - You made this roadtrip possible for me. The hours in the car really flew by as you shared so much insight on Smash and the history of the community. I'm really looking forward to our next Smash roadtrip.

PGH guys - You are all so funny, and I'm glad I was able to help you guys out with the rides. Big shoutouts to Taki for doing like 8 hours of driving.

PP - you really blew me up in bracket. I really thought I'd be able to keep it closer than that. Thanks for reminding me that I still have a long journey ahead of me.

That's all, folks. Not gonna give an individual shoutout to everyone I met and played but just know that I really had a blast this weekend and it's thanks to each and every one of you.

corkus711

Smash Rookie
Yeah I remember him. He was pretty good, but he was a bit timid, and he didn't follow up as well as he could have. He needs to use back air more to kill and learn to tech chase better, as well as figure out comboing a bit more efficiently. His pressure was pretty good, his lasers were fine, and his approaches weren't bad. His defense with shines was good, but like I said, he didn't really follow up all that well most of the time. there were a few times where he would get first hit, and I'd just get out of the combo really quick and dumpster him. He was pretty good at standing his ground and spacing, though. I don't really know what else.

Are you talking about friendlies or tourny

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I had an amazing first tournament. Unfortunately, I did a really long write-up that's just too long for Smashboards.
Thanks so much for this, Jon. Seeing what you wrote from the perspective of a first-time tourneygoer really makes all the effort worth it on my end.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare

Thanks to all the people in my pool for showing me a good time and teaching me a lot, especially KishPrime and Dope, for encouraging me and giving me pointers.

hey thanks for getting my good side!

gravy

Smash Ace
Pro skater I hope we keep up our streak of playing at every tourny, salty I got bodied in teams, but good ****!

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
That just means you got carried scrub
You have a crazy good Falco, Scythe. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening to my character when I played you.

Well you pretty much made my character into your character, rofl.

Top Bottom