• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3 Results [October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI]

strawhats

Smash Master
Hey everyone,
This was an amazing tournament experience and I’m really glad I came all the way from Toronto for it! It was really cool to travel to the US and be able to watch the pros in person. I do regret being too shy to approach a lot of people for friendlies but it was still a blast to watch people play.

Shoutouts to Juggleguy & crew and VGBC for the incredibly well-run tournament and live-stream. I was impressed with how smoothly the stream was run so that there were interesting matches to watch at all times. I also thought the venue was a good choice; it was conveniently located, spacious, and had free coffee/tea!

Tr3MoR – Thanks so much for the awesome housing, we really appreciate it! I want to thank your parents for their amazing hospitality. Also your dog is such a cutie!
Hanky Panky – Your peach is awesome and fun to watch! I also think you look like a cross between Armada and Idea which is why you may or may not have noticed me staring at you. GGs in pools.
Darkatma – I never talked to you, but I really enjoyed watching your sheik as a sheik main. Very impressive!
Hax$ - Thanks for being nice to me in pools and dropping your combos so I could hit you. J
M2K – Congrats on your win! I’m really happy for you and thanks for the picture!
HIV + - I’m sorry I did not meet your pools expectationsL. GGs in friendlies, you’re the superior STD by far.

Everyone else in my pool: Good games to all. I got a long way to go but I’m definitely aiming to make it out next time. Also shoutouts to SaxophoneOfTime for taking on Hax$ with Pichu lol.

Wow, no shoutouts to Syphilis for driving everyone home from the US border. Disrespect.
lol holy **** that was too funny.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
wanna ask the expert to make sure. Yeezus, of all the STD's Kim has given you which one is your favorite? take your time, you must have several to choose from...

CTL17

Smash Lord
I needed a good reason to get off 1337 posts, and I think this is a great opportunity. Then I can post here again.

This was the first time I was part of running a national and it was quite tiring. A few avoidable bumps here and there, miscommunication or disagreements within the staff, players getting contradicting directions, starting Sunday late… but I had a good time. Except catching some disease that just manifested.

Staff:
Robinguy for letting me have some pretty important jobs. You had so much faith in me despite just getting me unconfused with dkuo last March. I'll be happy to help again if grad school doesn't get too rough.
Chad for being so helpful with rides to and from my place AND driving Wenz to DTW. If you weren't there for MD/VA, things would have been a lot more troublesome. I really have to repay you somehow. Also I hope you learned how I play friendlies.
Roki for running UMSmash and learning why I play friendlies the way I do.
Brian for driving a few of us home on Friday and not getting lost.
Richard for that Chipotle catering order and taking PewFAT to DTW at 2am.
Chi for finishing Sunday just on time and advising Rob so that we didn't finish at 1am.
Matt.dempt for being the last one to finish wave 1. Probably wasn't your fault.
Other Chris for manning the check-in almost all the time. You probably had a pretty uneventful job. But you just watched LoL. Stop that.
Wenz for always helping me out even when you weren't obligated to in every single TOing job since I started. Also for the easiest 17th place in teams despite me trying to tauntspike Scar and Naka.
StrongBadam for not letting me break your back again.
Apasher for showing up.
Jon for helping out last minute. Hope your TOing career is successful.
Eric... we didn't talk much but glad to meet you and thanks for organizing DTW trips.
All pool captains for helping me get stream matches from your pools. My job was made much easier with that.

Pertaining to doubles:
17th in both games. Just as planned. (No not really)
Wenz#2 for putting up with my terrible performance
Calabrel for not getting too angry for all the team kills, but without me doing 720˙ Falcon Punches on you, it would be uncharacteristic of me.
Chase, Noah: When you offered me to 2v1 you... that's kind of what BigWenz did since I did very little.
Scar, Hyuga, Naka, Lake: Sorry I didn't really play so seriously, going for offstage rests and tauntspikes and all.
Kappy, Zwarm: Uhh this memory is kind of fuzzy. What happened again?
Kirk, Scythe: Wouldn't have predicted you two getting 3rd. I thought we were doing... OK against you.
Buttzone, KanyeRest: GGs I guess?
DirtyDeeds, M(why do you have this name): I know you got DQed before we got to play, and part of that was my doing. Looking back on it, I do believe I was a little hasty, and we could have unDQed you and played since our match after yours wasn't ready yet. Argh stupid me
Dope, Rat: The only time I was actually playing seriously. A little salty about not getting that comeback.

MD/VA:
Everyone for coming up in terrible driving situations (except Wenz) and accepting floorspace. We owe Chad a big one.
Wenz#3 for that bacon cheddar cheeseburger pizza. And corrupting the MI staff with puns.
JCaesar for more BWW.
cmart for registering as Susan and trolling many people there.
Nintendude for beating (a frankly poor performance) PewPewU and for saving Taki from yet another Pittsburgh car situation.
Wife for commentating like the old times and doing some extra training apparently.
Antishoutout to Crimson for being in NorCal. Come back and host in MD/VA again.
GiMR for the successful stream; hope I gave you great matches. (Also only taking 2 stocks off Duck)
Somiyah for helping GiMR. Hope you stay around. And get Calvin to sleep more. (People reading this, clean up your thoughts.)
See all of you (except Crimson) 12/23-1/7

Various uncategorized:
Small (insincere) apology to Yakal, Nakamaru, Lake, and KJH for blowing your covers by never using your registered names
Apology#2 to Scar for thinking you were told four times to play and then not playing.
Antishoutouts to the four DDD's in wave 2 PM pools for taking so much time on UMSmash stream
Oro, Rat, Toast: Finally met you guys in person. SDing and Falcon Punching my teammate is not just something I do on stream at MD.
M2K for fulfilling my plan where I forced you to a setup near the stream so you were very easy to track.
JCaesar, Super, heysuess, Flan~, Gibby, burnsy, +8 others for Streetpassing
MI and OH players I played either in Slayer's garage or Masonfest (Slayer, KJH, Shibby, Blake, HIV+, Dre, SDY) : We didn't get to play, but it's not hard to get that opportunity again.
The three people that came to TV#0 to play with the TOs for some change in scenery.
Everyone else for being cooperative. Sort of.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to...

GENERAL
Kzhu -- Thanks for housing all of us. You have a lovely couch. I learned a lot of things about the Peach ditto from the friendlies we played. I wish you, me, and Abu could have actually played some poker because I wanted to take you to school but, meh, what can you do?

Moose -- That was a really fun hour of friendlies that we played. Your Falco is so smooth. Turnaround u-tilt during combos is amazing. Sucks that you dropped that set to Idea because of the game 3 SD, but you've got it next time.

Carroll -- Your commentary's hilarious and your personality's awesome. Nice job getting into bracket.

Green Ranger -- I heard you had some sick matches in pools. Not sure how you finished at the bottom of your 2nd round pool though - you're way better than that.

Naka Razor -- Sorry I kept doing that thing. I'm gonna work on it in the future.

Taki -- Dunno why we didn't do any friendlies, but gj on not dying in the death pool.

Stro -- No, seriously, how did you eat that poptart without anyone noticing?

ShroudedOne -- Congrats on beating Abu on Yoshi's. If it's okay with you, I'm gonna hold that over his head for a while.

Trail -- You should have given me some more Ganon practice. Nice placement.

ORLY -- We had some really fun games at the end of day two. Your Falcon's so fast, man. I wonder if our friendlies were recorded anywhere.

Moogle -- Your Sheik really took me by surprise, but the games we played helped me understand the MU a little more. I hope it was suitable practice for your win against Kzhu. Keep it up.

Gravy -- I don't think I ever talked to you directly but your Falcon is insanely good. That set vs. Abu was so tight.

ZoSo - Your shield drops are orgasmic.

Max Berger -- Your Zelda got so much better. I remember we were just wrecking Sweet and Green Ranger in doubles friendlies.

Juggleguy -- For somehow hosting an even better tournament than last year. If anyone here had half the organizational skills you have, OSU Melee would be gigantic by now.

ROUND ONE POOLS
Scythe -- Your falcon's really good. Sucks that we had to play on stream so early when we weren't really warmed up because you had that second game in the bag. I was getting outplayed all over the place.

Hax -- I thought I prepared my anus but I had no idea. Your Falcon made me realize that I don't have any idea about the combo DI game. Gonna have to look into it. Congrats on doing so well in the tournament.

Sweet -- Nice to finally meet you. Sucks that you didn't get out of round 1 pools because I thought you had it against Quaz, but you're not bad at the Peach MU. Your Sheik is gonna be scary once you start to bait more things out of Peach in the neutral game.

Quaz -- Don't be discouraged about your own Peach. We had some super close dittos, and I wish I had gotten to play you more in friendlies. Although I didn't really catch what happened to you in round two, good job getting out of round one pools.

Syphilis -- I totally called who you were during my friendlies with Naka Razor! I took your Sheik for granted at first, but you have some really tight fair spacing that gave me trouble when we played in pools.

Noah / Saxophone -- I hope you guys had fun at your first tournament. I honestly don't think there's a better way to get your feet wet than a national like this.

401k / Alco -- Good sets in pools!

ROUND TWO POOLS
Scar -- You got your revenge. That double stomp on Dreamland was so gratuitous but daaaaaamn if it wasn't cool. Well played, and nice job outplaying Abu and me in teams. Your better watch your back for Big House 4, though.

Kage -- I have no idea how you bait out roll so well. You either have sick reflexes or know that standing just out of Peach's oos nair range is scary for Peach. I enjoyed the set; congrats on getting 1st in our pool.

Wake -- Wow! That Peach ditto was insane! If more Peaches played like you in the ditto, it might not be the worst MU in the world. It really sucks that the set wasn't recorded. Good **** getting out of round two pools; I really hope we see each other at a Midwest tournament in the future.

Lake -- I wish I could say I got payback from Fight Pitt, but I'm pretty sure your Zelda would have trounced me if you had decided to pull it out. I guess we'll have to see at Fight Pitt III, right?

Dempt -- It kinda sucks that we were paired up again since we already played at WTCA2, but your Marth can be kinda scary when you've got the momentum. It took me a long time to adjust to it. Keep at it, man.

Rusty / HammerTime -- I would have liked to play your guys' ICs, but I guess the Peach v. ICs MU isn't something you guys like to do. I was impressed by the quality of your Sheiks.

BRACKET
Froot -- Although I'm still waiting for you to tell me I'm good at BtT, I'm happy I finally met you off of AiB. Once you get familiar with the Peach MU, you're gonna destroy Peaches in the future. You had some amazing sets this tournament.

SFAT -- Well, I did better this year, right? Last year was a 3-stock and 2-stock; this year was a 2-stock and 1-stock.... Maybe I'll take a game in 2014. Your Fox is unbelievable.

Abu -- YEAH, WHATEVER.

OSU MELEE
Corkus -- You would have gotten out of any other pool. You've gotten a whole tier better over the summer, though, so I really hope you can keep improving. You're not that far away from being able to make a strong showing in the future.

Ferris -- I really wish you would get back into the game. You have a great mindset for it, but if you want to stay with your Pokemon I guess I understand.

Blacktician -- I know you don't even play this game, but you're a fraud good a fraud. My Marth couldn't handle your blacktics, though. I'll give you that.

Garzal -- Didn't talk to you much, but it was cool to see you around. Best facial hair 2013.

Abu (2) -- Well, ****. Why did we have to play each other in a national? You know both Peach and me way too well. Nice job getting 13th, nonetheless. You can beat Idea once you learn the MU. It's just that, well, no one here plays Puff except for you. Maybe you can enlist the help of Lagoon's friend.

Achilles -- For cheering on the sideline. You missed out, man, and you're gonna have to come to some of the future tournaments we all go too. Fight Pitt III is right around the corner. So is Shuffle.

I know I definitely forgot a few people, so I'l likely edit this when I remember.

Housewife

Smash Cadet
What a great tournament! I had so much fun and I'm super bummed that it's over now, haha.

Shoutouts to:

Juggleguy for being best TO NA
Everyone who asked me if I was actually a housewife
Blake for putting up with my johns after our set, sorry man. You played well
Kanye Rest, just kidding, no shout outs. MM me at the next tourney, I'll win
Yakal for all the friendlies. GGs, and it was great to meet you! We'll be teaming at Apex, right?
Shibbypod for 3-stocking me and then saying I was good
PGH Carroll for letting me carry him in teams and for letting me wear PGH green in friendlies <3 xoxo
Max Berger for being the prettiest girl in the venue. Really sad that I'm not going to get to see you much anymore...
Hellsing for being the tallest vampire (ggs, thanks for approaching me about friendlies, I'm so anxious about talking to people)
Hanky Panky + Quaz because you two talking about peach stuff during your matches was like, the cutest thing ever
Hbox + Strongbad for recognizing me from the internet. I hope I wasn't too much of a disappointment irl
PPU + Hax for that amazing set during which 0 people played friendlies.
Dempt for being loud
Orly, always fun playing you, see you at IMDB?
OXY | Crimson Blur, thanks for the friendlies that first day, and apparently you said I was pretty good on stream. What a nice guy!
PP for being the nicest guy ever. Thanks for much for friendlies! Sorry I wasn't the best student, but I'll work on it, you'll see.
M2k for being gaaaaaaaaaaay. Nice job taking the tournament tho
Rob Taylor, stay free ;D
Taki for having only one flaw
PGH for letting me sit with them at Steak n Shake. Love you guys.

To everyone else I didn't mention, ggs, hope to see you all again sometime! Maybe I'll be able to short hop then.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
****ing bowser

amazing tournament though

main shoutout would be to Christian (zoro) for being the best link ever and almost three stocking PP at one point

and to Butch G for the rides to and from the airport

and to Ben Button for the housing and the good times (lol)

and to Robin for being gdlk

and m2k for winning and carrying me in teams (well i got some clutch rests but yeah)

and strong bad + pm staff for making PM better and better and hyper

and kanye rest (eli schoop) for his amazing taste in music and being the best motivator ever

and kanye west for showing his divine presence in the first four tracks of yeezus + blood on the leaves
hungrybox aka the bacon man best qoute try this bacon that's good bacon lol

Rizner

Smash Ace
OK, let's see how this goes.

First, thanks a ton to the TO staff for putting this together and running it throughout the weekend. It was a great time and I definitely appreciate how everything went. Looking forward to more tournaments like this in the future.

Now for specific shout-outs -- sorry for those who I don't include or names I may not remember. I'm terrible at that. So, now that that's out of the way, let's see..

1: Kirk ($594) :bowser2: - congrats on the tournament win, and gg in pools. Hopefully we can play again some time

7: Scythe :wolf: - good match in bracket. Made me realize I have to figure out how to deal with shield pressure and fast characters better.

17: heyseuss :dedede: - yo, next time we definitely need to go out and do something. Let me know when you think you're up to travel again (probably when you're out in December?)

17: Rizner :zelda: - Greetings

17: JCaesar :rob: - Had fun with friendlies that one morning.

25: mudkyp :ivysaur: -- was fun playing you, and thanks for showing me how bad I DI against Ivysaurs who up-b

25: KishPrime :ike: :ivysaur: :zelda: - very good set. Hope to find the videos uploaded somewhere, was good fun.

33: Calabrel :ness2: - Nice meeting you. Too bad we didn't meet up at all when I lived in AZ.

33: Lordy :ike: - Enjoyed the money match. Was hoping to do some when I went out so happy that we did that. Also, good match in doubles (pretty sure it was you guys who we played?)

33: ORLY :bowser2: :falcon: - Enjoyed our set - sorry to bring you back to the bad luck TV.

33: Storm - good matches in pools.

49: Master - I don't think you use smash boards..... k

49: Deep C. Squid - Enjoyed our matches

49: Burnsy - you gotta stay calm at tournaments... you get yourself too worked up about individual matches. Other than that, was good seeing you again and let me know the next time you're traveling to something.

65: Village Mascot - Again, don't think you use smash boards but thanks for driving and coming out to these things. We'll practice more singles next time.

65: clowsui (DQ'd himself) - Had fun with the friendlies we played. gl in grad school and enjoy yourself. If you're back in Ohio for the summer, we should have some smash fest or tournament type things.

Also to that guy who hung out at steak and shake -- nice talking to you and thanks for joining us. Too bad that other table didn't crew battle us. If only they knew about it...

To the guys that were hanging out by the hotel bar on Friday (Roy, and... uhh... ) -- was good hanging out

I know I'm forgetting a ton and would say I'll come back and edit later, but likely this is it. Great tournament, had fun, placed around what I thought I would so that's nice (goal was for 9-13, but expected 17-25, and I'm pretty happy with how I played so can't really be upset, especially with such a large turnout), got to meet some new people, got to hang out with people I hadn't seen in a good while, was good times.

Until next time,
-Rizner

Good **** to you, Rizner

You're around some really good names at 17th.

oh hi, thank you very much. We need to play more. Might try to come to Columbus for another smashfest at some point (would probably bring some people with me, too, if that's alright) -- let me know what you guys are doing and when would be a good time.

gravy

Smash Ace
Alright, this tournament was a blast, and it's shoutout time!

First off, even though I've never played/talked to him, juggleman deserves the biggest shoutouts for making this all happen.TOs are the real champions of melee and I'm super grateful for your contribution to the community.

GIMR/VGbootcamp for providing the selfless entertainment for those at home

As for people I played against, I had a ton of amazing sets/friendlies

Scar, thanks for taking the second set off me in our set count so far, it's too bad you only killed yourself once, that's not fair

SUPER! Dude you are awesome, it was fun playing you in pools, you were the happiest salty person I've ever seen and I'm sorry our pools were so hard.

Oro, I wish I had got to play you more but our set in pools was amazing.

Metroid, I'm glad we got to play in both games, even though you're WAY better than me at P:M

Windrose, it was awesome how many friendlies we got to play, and it's rough we had so many falcons in our pool.... Brush up on that falcon matchup and stomp some kids out next time!

Hax, I saw you use that new technology against Moogle, and ima stomp out your scrubby fox next time I see you.

J00t, I was kind of salty you went G&W but I guess you take that character seriously so it's alright. GG's

MDZ, sorry you lost your controller, I'm glad we got to play though, you've got those cute wavelands

Pikachad, I REALLY wanted to beat you in pools but I'm happy with my performance anyways, your pikachu is great (way better than pikapikas) I wish I had played against your falco!

PPMD, I have never struggled that much against anyone, not even close actually. I like that you always try your hardest, even against no name scrubs

Abu..... Not losing to that scrubby bull**** next time :D GG's though, I hope I never run into you in tourny again.

Moogle, it was fun playing against you, you were the best sheik I played friendlies against. Great heart driving from Alabama.

Yakal, yoooo you're the homie and our friendlies on stream were mad tight. I'm hunting you down at the next national.

Pewpewu! Dude our friendlies were the most helpful out of all my sets, I'm really glad you say down and helped me! Hopefully I can level up and whoop on that princess Martha next time :D

Sfat, your fox is tight, way too hard to beat! I'm glad I made you laugh with the shield drops though! I'm about to show up at your house in like a month, I gotta figure out how far it is from Vegas!

Charles.... You're ridiculous. Your Facebook persona needs to calm down. I'm glad you dragged Zach to this tourny!

Blacktician, keep it up dude your fox is going to be hella good. Good job not spoydodging on wake up! Sorry usmash is so cheese.

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry, but I had a great time and enjoyed playing everyone! Awesome tournament

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

-M2K: Good job winning. Also, thanks for all the friendlies. I still enjoyed my super troll kick I got on your Fox. :p
-PP: Kevin, Thanks so much, man. We didn't get to play which sucks, but I think the awesome time we had hanging out and talking definitely made up for it. Homies <3
-Sfat: I had fun playing you. I also enjoy how much you hate Zelda. Never hitting down B, bro.
-Hax: Had hella fun chillin' with you and playing that set against your Fox. I hope to see some sick things from your Fox in the near future, Aziz.
-Nintendude: You still give me so much trouble, but it's okay because it only makes me more determined to find a way around your good defense. Also, good stuff in your set against PewPewU!
-Atma: I enjoyed our set. Thanks for going Peach for me, haha. I'll get you next time!
-PewPewU: Easily one of the most challenging players I've ever played against. I typically don't like watching or playing against Marths, but I can honestly say I don't feel that way when it comes your Marth. It was super sick, dude.
-Scar: I didn't get to talk to you much or even play you except for that one friendly, but it's always good to see you, Bobby. Thanks for letting us chill in your room on the last night.
-Pikachad: Good job beating Kelly, and good job with your placing in PM. You made me want to start maining Mario, too.
-Kage: So awesome to see you again, man. I can't believe it's really been 2 years. I really enjoyed our teams set. Easily the most violent teams play I've ever been apart of. GGs!
-Trail: Good to see you as always, Roy. Thanks for getting me the free drink at the bar, haha.
-Yakal: So fun hanging out with you again. We were cracking up to so much dumb **** lmao. My dude. <3
-Frootloop, Alex, Mundungu: Good hanging out with the Wisconsin crew as always. Thanks for letting us stay in your room for the weekend.
-Hanky Panky: Good job, man! I really enjoy watching your Peach, and I had a ton of fun in doubles friendlies. Peach and Zelda is too fun.
-Vanz: It's a shame that you couldn't stay, but it was really nice to meet you. You were super friendly and easy to talk to. I enjoyed our team set and watching you play in PM. :)
-Zoso: It was nice to meet you. I liked talking about the comparisons between Marvel 2 and Melee, haha. I hope we can play again at the next Big House.
-Wake: Thanks for traveling to this with me. I wouldn't have gone if you didn't come with. I agree, we really should make this a tradition to attend this tournament series. Good job making bracket!
-Christian: I've never played against a good Link, and you really impressed me. I tried to watch as many of your sets as I could. Good stuff, man!
-Slayer: It was nice meeting you, and I'm really excited to start being able to play you soon.
-Orly: I didn't get to play you, but I always enjoy hanging out with you. Hope to see you at our tournament next month!
-Nakamaru: You made me wish I had gone Falco against you in tournament instead. Might be something I'll have to note for any future sets we have. All that practice against Aaron gives you way too much of an edge against me. Still had an awesome time playing with you though.
-Shrouded One: Really nice meeting you. Sucks we didn't get to play, but I enjoyed hanging out with you for sure.
-TheLake: Sorry we didn't get any friendlies, but it was awesome to finally meet you. Zelda power!
-Good Doctor: I'm not Zack. It's Max. Thanks.
-Green Ranger: I loved your DK, man. So awesome. Thanks for all the friendlies.
-MDZ: I'm glad we got to play in another tournament set. Don't be so hard on yourself though. You're way better than that, Matt.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Fantastic tournament juggleguy, well ran, plenty of set ups and a fantatsic viewing experience, there was never a need to watch a hype match over someone's shoulders and on the off chance there was a pretty cool match going on off stream, it was on a recording set up. First national and I honestly loved it, really excited for the next Big House. And a fantastic job to gimr and vgbc, honestly just being there was worth it. Although not being able to hear the commentary does make me feel like I'm missing something, not sure if that could ever be a possibility but whatever, carrol and random crowd one-liners made up for it.

Shout outs to everyone I guess, especially Tremor for the cozy square of carpet underneath the pool table lol. Random shout outs to moogle, pikachad and nintendude, I was mad impressed.

And in respone to wake, yeah I don't really have a clue against peach, I really wanted to make it out of my pool but I lost to three peaches =/ the others were close though while you were the hardest so I'm definitely going to work on that and maybe we'll play again one day. too lazy to make full shout outs, if we played then good games, I remember most names and had a lot of fun.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
OK, let's see how this goes.

First, thanks a ton to the TO staff for putting this together and running it throughout the weekend. It was a great time and I definitely appreciate how everything went. Looking forward to more tournaments like this in the future.

Now for specific shout-outs -- sorry for those who I don't include or names I may not remember. I'm terrible at that. So, now that that's out of the way, let's see..

1: Kirk ($594) :bowser2: - congrats on the tournament win, and gg in pools. Hopefully we can play again some time

7: Scythe :wolf: - good match in bracket. Made me realize I have to figure out how to deal with shield pressure and fast characters better.

17: heyseuss :dedede: - yo, next time we definitely need to go out and do something. Let me know when you think you're up to travel again (probably when you're out in December?)

17: Rizner :zelda: - Greetings

17: JCaesar :rob: - Had fun with friendlies that one morning.

25: mudkyp :ivysaur: -- was fun playing you, and thanks for showing me how bad I DI against Ivysaurs who up-b

25: KishPrime :ike: :ivysaur: :zelda: - very good set. Hope to find the videos uploaded somewhere, was good fun.

33: Calabrel :ness2: - Nice meeting you. Too bad we didn't meet up at all when I lived in AZ.

33: Lordy :ike: - Enjoyed the money match. Was hoping to do some when I went out so happy that we did that. Also, good match in doubles (pretty sure it was you guys who we played?)

33: ORLY :bowser2: :falcon: - Enjoyed our set - sorry to bring you back to the bad luck TV.

33: Storm - good matches in pools.

49: Master - I don't think you use smash boards..... k

49: Deep C. Squid - Enjoyed our matches

49: Burnsy - you gotta stay calm at tournaments... you get yourself too worked up about individual matches. Other than that, was good seeing you again and let me know the next time you're traveling to something.

65: Village Mascot - Again, don't think you use smash boards but thanks for driving and coming out to these things. We'll practice more singles next time.

65: clowsui (DQ'd himself) - Had fun with the friendlies we played. gl in grad school and enjoy yourself. If you're back in Ohio for the summer, we should have some smash fest or tournament type things.

Also to that guy who hung out at steak and shake -- nice talking to you and thanks for joining us. Too bad that other table didn't crew battle us. If only they knew about it...

To the guys that were hanging out by the hotel bar on Friday (Roy, and... uhh... ) -- was good hanging out

I know I'm forgetting a ton and would say I'll come back and edit later, but likely this is it. Great tournament, had fun, placed around what I thought I would so that's nice (goal was for 9-13, but expected 17-25, and I'm pretty happy with how I played so can't really be upset, especially with such a large turnout), got to meet some new people, got to hang out with people I hadn't seen in a good while, was good times.

Until next time,
-Rizner

oh hi, thank you very much. We need to play more. Might try to come to Columbus for another smashfest at some point (would probably bring some people with me, too, if that's alright) -- let me know what you guys are doing and when would be a good time.
was fun hanging at the bar with you too man ggs

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
5: Hax$ ($120) :falconmelee:: good stuff at this, espec vs PPU, thanks for spanking me in friendlies was fun as ***

7: darkatma ($60) :sheikmelee: rly good placement at this i am impressed

9: Kage the Warrior :ganondorfmelee: ggs in bracket, the warrior beat the troll this time
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee:: u r a **** fraud im going to spank u so badly next time nublet. gj getting top 10
13: Trail :icsmelee: :ur weak

17: Hanky Panky :peachmelee:: easy 2-0 get good baddie. gj destroying frootloop

17: Kalamazhu :peachmelee:: thanks for housing me osu. even though hanky is a much better player than u, u will always be #1 bad peach in my heart

25: ZoSo :marthmelee:: ggs in pools and bracket, playing u rly taught me a lot about the marth matchup. lookin forward to nxt time

25: Wake :peachmelee:: lol

25: PGH Carroll :foxmelee: : how did u make bracket nublet (gj)

33: ORLY: sorry for planking u

41: MIOM | Juggleguy :thanks for hosting

49: The Good Doctor: nowhere to be found on day 2, ill take ur money next time i guess
49: Gravy: ur actually rly good, i was nervous as **** playing u. lookin forward to nxt time if we ever play again. sorry for planking u
81: CORKUS: hard pool but keep practicing and u will be giving ppl the cork all the time. i believe in u

113: Blacktician: u suck

129: Ferriswheel32: always fun to have u around

129: OXY | The CrimsonBlur: thanks for picking me for ur fantasy bracket

145: Garzal: good seeing u again tubbs

Spife

Smash Master
weak shout outs

trails: you're bad we hardly talked let's get drunk soon!
kanye rest: great to see you again, too bad it's only once a year :(
hellsing: you too, forgot to add you on fb qq, we didn't play this year
wake: *what ever sounds a giraff makes*
maximum burger: good job wrecking mattdotzeb
mattdotzeb: lol
the lake: i'm mad that I was close to beating you this time but then didn't win :(
hammertime: uuuuuuu that first game
shroudedone: that stitch
kishprime (i think it was prime): that set was to much fun
scar: always a pleasure seeing you, sadface no games
saxophone of time: such a dope name
toph: great seeing you, stop losing to people though
atma: we didn't talk but GOOT **** AT 7TH
cute girl at the teavana: you can sample me any day bby
metroid: it made me happy that as I was trying to figure out how to go through the crowd and say hi, you made eye contact and smiled this big smile and waved.
Slartibartfast42: wanna enter doubles next time legit? We'll get it eventually
dempt: we didn't play/hardly hung out, sadface. I'll have to make it out to a tourny or you'll have to come out here some time
Handsome Skater Joe Pro: awwww yeeeee can't wait for apex for sa'mora dat hot hot joe
Charles: you are such a *****, can't wait to teach you melee in december :3
Alco: it was cool talking with you, I don't think I saw you without a smile on your face once (even while you were sleeping)
Rat: i'm going to beat you soon, mark my words
ZoSo: good **** not getting dumpstered
Cheato/Good doctor: thanks for coming out with me, driving, keeping everyone awake and entertained, lol at my sunglasses
Pseudo turtle: yooo thanks for supplying half the bodies in our hotel room and keeping those costs down, it was chill laughing at south park with you
Christian: sorry i'm not sorry I forced that link ditto
Cort: OMG CORT OMG I never thought I'd see you again, not that we like have ever played more than once, but it was cool to see you again
orly: thanks for the warm up friendlies earlier that week, really set me straight
crimson blur: that 2v1 was 22222good
lanceinthepants: thanks for not showing up and making round 2 pools a possibility :bee:
mundungu: i don't know if those friendlies helped or not (lol) but they were fun as hell, hope to see you cats at imdb
nakamaru: R-A-Z-O-R! HOW HARD IS THAT TO REMEMBER?!
Europhoria: it was cool seeing you again too man, glad you didn't get me sick :p

the rest of the chicago peeps I forgot to shout out: yall are ass and lose to kels anyway
steak and shake run: those u-turns doe

m2k: MEW TWO KINNNNNNNNG
Juggle guy: fantastic tournament as always.
GIMR/VGBootCamp: I caught the end of the tournament via stream from my apartment, thanks so much for streaming it!

I'm sorry if I forgot you but I'm honestly just one spife, JUST ONE SPIIIIFE

almost forgot!
yakal: dude you're the funnest to hang out with but why Why WHY THE **** DIDN'T WE PLAY!?

Rikana

Smash Champion
GimR! Upload the reaction video from the crowd of Mewtwo's unveiling! I wanna see it!!

Rob, you're a fantastic TO. Keep up the great work. I didn't come but the tournament ran super smoothly and the stream was very enjoyable from my end.

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to...

Syphilis -- I totally called who you were during my friendlies with Naka Razor! I took your Sheik for granted at first, but you have some really tight fair spacing that gave me trouble when we played in pools.

What gave it away? >.>
Shoutouts to KirbyKaze for teaching me #datbackfliptho

idea

Smash Master
Alright, I haven't done long-form shoutouts in a while but this tourney deserves them.

Melee Singles (172 entrants)
1: Mew2King ($960) :marthmelee: :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - return of the king ;) fun/silly jigglypuff ditto in bracket. my apologies for making you fail to time me out.
2: Hungrybox ($480) :jigglypuffmelee: - didn't really talk to you much. very good job on getting 2nd at a national even when you were sick or whatever it was. my car left before you apparently started rapping during grand finals, hope it was recorded lol
3: Dr Peepee ($360) :falcomelee: - poor sfat :( also, cool marth.
4: SFAT ($240) :foxmelee: - poor sfat :( [also we should have hung out more] [also your fox was amazing vs. hax]
5: Hax$ ($120) :falconmelee: - awesome set with pewpewu. you're really fun to play against :)
5: Nintendude ($120) :icsmelee: - haha, ggs man, you definitely had my number in bracket. but i know what i did wrong, so watch out next time ;) i'm actually kind of glad i lost because that made your crazy set with pewpewu possible.
7: darkatma ($60) :sheikmelee: - huh, i went this whole tourney without playing you at all. oh well, next time. ann arbor is so close to toronto <3
7: PewPewU ($60) :marthmelee: - ridiculously good marthery, as always. i couldn't hit you at all in teams lol.
9: MIOM | Scar :falconmelee: - O__O
9: PikaChad :pikachumelee: - really nice Link. (and other characters of course, but I didn't even know you had a Link :p)
9: Kage the Warrior :ganondorfmelee: - fun weekend :D not much to say since i already talked with you the whole time.
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee: - probably my best placing at a tournament, relative to the overall skill level/# of entrants.
13: Trail :icsmelee: - lol @ all those callouts on facebook
13: Kels :foxmelee: - yup, you definitely learned the matchup.
13: Dio Brando :falcomelee: - sup yakal :) too bad we live in the same country and michigan is still closer to both of us lol
13: Prince Abu :jigglypuffmelee: - fun matches, already talked to you a bunch, good job in general. though i don't approve of your pools set with orly...
17: Wife :peachmelee: - damn, good job getting 17th, i didn't even know you still played this game. looking forward to watching new matches with the oldest of old school commentary.
17: Duck :samusmelee: - man, how did i miss so many michiganians in friendlies/hanging out?
17: Moose :falcomelee: - :(
17: Frootloop :foxmelee: - aha, definitely needed to play with you more, i wanted to avenge myself in friendlies.
17: Hanky Panky :peachmelee: - couldn't hit you in teams either <_< fun talking to you throughout the tourney. (also, kage has been playing with vwins for years, very good peach if you haven't heard of him)
17: Shaeden :falcomelee: - yeah, i dunno. you had me, then jigglypuff happened or something.
17: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: - thanks for predicting me not making it out of 1st round pools ;)
17: Europhoria :marthmelee: - didn't really see your bracket matches, but good **** on beating atma's sheik in pools
25: j00t :falconmelee: - ridiculous set vs. scar :p
25: VaNz :peachmelee: (withdrawal) - too bad you weren't feeling well, you're probably my favourite peach player and it would've been cool to watch you tear through the bracket
25: ZoSo :marthmelee: - hoping you got some sets recorded
25: KJH :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - i think you beat me in pools at the big house 2...
25: Wake :peachmelee: - huh, didn't really see you much at the venue
25: Christian :linkmelee: - ohh, you're zoro. i know that name from...youtube. i think. i missed your set with pp, hope it was recorded.
25: PGH Carroll :foxmelee: - you're one of the best at yelling random hilarious **** during hype matches.
33: Ripple - was great teaming with you, i think we did pretty well and it was lots of fun. looool i wish i'd reacted in time and rested pewfat.
33: ORLY - # 28347459 on my list of people i really wish i'd had time to hang out and play friendlies with
33: Dope - didn't see any of your matches :/
33: T-Bone - the OCEAN. come to canada sometime.
33: moogle - fun set. so you play falcon in 64 but not in melee?
33: Toph - lol i'm so curious what you and scar said during me vs. frootloop, but i refuse to watch match 2
33: Mundungu - funny, i told you during big house 2 that i was gonna main falco, then big house 3 i went almost all jigglypuff. my first round pool was mostly falco, though. i guess i still like both characters under the right circumstances.
41: KishPrime - still enjoying melee? :)
41: Izek - are there any other good RPGs i still need to play?
41: MIOM | Juggleguy - great tourney as usual, organized, ran on time, and you weren't afraid to put yourself in one of the hardest round 2 pools :p
41: HammerTime - hope you got some PM matches recorded.
41: Coffeeblack - oh my god though
41: Taki - i don't think i ever saw you not smiling.
41: Cheato - fun friendlies on day 1
49: Proskater - good job making it out of our hard-ass pool
49: Rusty Shacklefurd - say hi to B.C. for me
49: Razor - next time we play hopefully you'll have more motivation :p
49: ShroudedOne - don't think i talked to you either :/
57: Green Ranger - i wanna play that DK :O
57: Tremor - great housing as usual <3 your dog really really likes being pet.
65: MIOM | Hyuga - dang, what happened :/ also wanted to play you again
65: Rat - haha, that set was too much fun, we're definitely playing more next time
65: MDZ | MattDotZeb - hope you find your controller.
65: VGBC | GimR - pro equipment station, pro stream, nice edited videos uploaded the same night. great stuff as always :) let's do some falco dittos next time
65: Blake - hmm guess i should have played you guys on the first night
65: Windrose - hentai
65: BlackPanther - fun doubles set
81: Bernal - you picked a good tourney to be your 2nd out-of-country one
81: CORKUS - You were the only person I played before bracket on day 2, so thanks for being my sole source of warmups :) fun talking to you too. next time we meet at a tourney i can go puff if you want :p
81: Syphilis - so what are you going to do with that m2k picture...
97: Shibbypod - pretty good doc, dude. sorry about those suicides :p
113: BigWenz - guess i'll see you on stream at the next xanadu...which i guess would have been today if not for
113: CAPS LOCKE - nice name.
129: OXY | The CrimsonBlur - don't really have anything to say, but, sup?
129: Kanye Rest - also still a good name.
145: Coffeemug - have you met CoffeeBlack?
145: SaxophoneofTime - see above ^
145: Nutffles - lol who were you again?
145: Krisp - your first national just happened to be one of the best tournaments in years haha
145: Cort (DQ'd) - i remember playing puff vs. your marth in friendlies at ROM 1. it did not go well for me.

Edit: Also, guy who told me I was the first person he ever played in a tournament. I forget your tag. Hi.
Edit 2: Thanks to all the non-Juggleguy T.O. staff as well for all your hard work.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Snuggleguy: You know how much love I have for you. Again, it was an honour to attend a tournament run by you and your staff. The level of organization and professionalism which this was conducted with was unreal. Even though I was aggravatingly sick all weekend this was probably my favourite tournament in 6 and a half years of playing this game. Allowing me to have water at the venue probably saved me xD Thank you so much for the experience. If you keep hosting I will do my best to keep coming.

Tournament Staff: Everything that was said above applies to you guys too.

Tremor: You and your family were so accommodating again. The pancakes, the coffee, the dog, the sleeping gear, showers... just everything. It's hands down the most amazing housing out there. Tell your parents thank you again for me; we didn't really get the chance given how early we had to leave. You might want to thoroughly wash that blanket I was sleeping under though >_> If you ever need the favour return you're always welcome at my place. Ggs in pools and sorry we didn't play more. I was pretty out of it all weekend.

GIMR: I couldn't believe everything was uploaded by the time I got home. The content you provide is better then anything I've ever seen from the FGC. You are a tank and 1 of the biggest assets this community has. Also watching your expressions during some of PP's games was hilarious. That's what we need to put a camera on xD

Toronto Car: Was fun traveling with you all. Big shout outs to Krisp's GPS not staying up, Tom for tanking most of the driving and to Jenny for not crashing into anything.

Everyone else: It was good to see a lot of people again and to meet people for the first time. I really hope I gave everyone good matches when I played them. I hope I'll see everyone at least at Apex. >_> Also I hope not too many of you got sick from me. #bighousevirus

corkus711

Smash Rookie
SFAT + PewPewU: Watching you guys in teams is incredible. It's such a work of art. You guys are such an inspiration, good luck in the teams battle. Norcal fighting!

MIOM | Scar: Good job ****** hanky-panky. Having a personality such as yours in the community is such a breath of fresh air. Keep up the comedic and enthusiasm filled commentary. It's amazing.

Idea: Thanks for the friendlies, and good job on getting so far in bracket. I really enjoy watching your style of play.

Trail: Thanks for the beer, we bak. You gotta come to Columbus to see the cocaine cowboys, and to give me some tips on the icies MU. You are one of the coolest and down to earth guys in the community. Stay juicy boi.

Prince Abu: When will it be mine turn? Good job getting so far into bracket, your hard work will pay off and we are all going to make it bro (not including blacktician). Your match against zoso was really incredible to watch.

Wife: We haven't met in person but it is really motivating to see legends like you staying active in the community. Often all I hear from old schools are stories about the "golden days of smash", and being a new schooler it can be depressing to think I picked up the game too late, but you sticking around and maintaining a fire for the game/community is awesome. Love the commentary as well, hope to see more in the future. (Sorry to hear about the set in bracket).

Moose: Your falco has so much control, that SD realllllllly sucked, props on not raging.

Hanky Panky: It's unfortunate that you met abu so soon in bracket. You are a great player, and we're lucky to have peach practice in columbus (not that it helps me). You're getting better at smash but you gotta learn to eat a balanced diet LOL chicken and coke is not going to help you reach #1 in the midwest.

Kalamazhu: Thanks for housing. Your peach is ****, your taste in food is ****, you and abhi conversing makes me LOL, your driving is questionable at best (not being stereotypical here I promise). My home is always open, so I hope to see you at shffl. Bring me a strawberry shake from mr Spotts.

PGH Carroll: Amazing results man, you are becoming an incredible player. Aside from that you are also becoming such a prominent figure in the community. Hope to see you implement that skill somehow (commentary or something). See you at fight Pitt III, and get the pittsburgh green down to CBUS.

Dope: you are a chill as dude, good luck in the sales, and remember ALWAYS BE CLOSING.

moogle: I didn't know about you before this tourney (i'm new here), but your sheik is ****. (is this word on the way out?)

Taki: Fortunately for me I got to play you when you weren't quite warmed up. Even so I really enjoyed our set in pools. You seem like a really chill dude, see you at fight pitt III.

Proskater: LOL at UP-B to upsmash. Your fox caught me off guard with it's bag of tricks. It was a pleasure playing you, but I wish I saw some of that Bob Burnquist. Goodjob getting into second round.

Gravy: Coming from a rager, I can't believe you had such grace in your defeat against abu. Good luck on your endeavors in Vegas, it's a crazy city. There are some great places off the strip that me and my friends went to avoid the tourists and take advantage of some great gambling spots, let me know how it goes.

Green Ranger: You are a cool mother ******, it wasn't fun getting ***** by your dk but i'll get you next time lol. See you at fight pitt III?

.Dempt: … well you certainly have improved. Thanks for the friendlies man, hopefully i'll see you up near Cleveland at cloverleaf.

Blacktician: I definitely underestimated you. You have incredible skills for not playing this game (natural)?

Ferriswheel32: You have such a great outlook on the game which I could learn from. I hope you stick to your word on staying more active, it's awesome having you around the crew and I know i'm not the only one to think that.

OXY | The CrimsonBlur: Thanks for coming all the way to midwest, your commentary is great and you're becoming quite the prominent figure. Keep up the good work.

Garzal: Glad u lived so close so it was easy for you to make it out, and thanks for the beer. Hope to see you at tournaments in Cbus, you've always got a place to stay at my abode.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I don't normally bother with shout outs, but this was incredible, so time to go ham!

MIOM | JuggleGuy:
THIS WAS AMAZING! Job well done, many thanks, all that jazz.
I almost had you in our pool 1 set, but then I was like "he might DQ if I beat him..." but before I could even finish that thought you had already beaten me by being a skilled player or something janky like that.

Hungrybox:
Thank you so much for playing one of the most entertaining sets I've ever seen. I will never forget How H-Box Got His Groove Back. You're great!

M2K:
Congrats, champ. Live it up, you've earned it.

SFAT:
DAAAAAAAAAAMN! I can't help but feel you were looking to redeem yourself after Canada cup. You were playing crazy good. I am most definitely thoroughly impressed.

Nintendude:
I like to think I know ICs pretty well, but whenever I watch you play somehow I just get totally lost with everything you manage to throw out. I am not worthy.

MIOM | Scar:
You were the only guy to get a 4 stock on me all weekend. Mind you it was my last game of the night and I had been up for over 40 hours (JOOOOOHNS! YOU SUCK, RUSTY!). I kid, you're awesome and it was great to get a chance to play you in tourney.

Kage the Warrior:
Next time I won't go easy on you. You're going down.

GG

No re

Idea:
I met you briefly and we played a few friendlies at the start of the first day. That was nice. Congrats on your placing!

Trail:
You are very good at this game. I lost to you because you are very good. Why you gotta be so very good?

Dio Brando:
Who the hell is Dio Brando?

Hanky Panky/Wake:
So yeah, I was really sleep deprived and irritable and may have come of as a little bit of a **** while playing you guys, and if that was the case, I'm sorry. That said, you guys are both really good peach players (especially Hanky Panky who bodied me) and it was fun playing you even if my demeanor at the time suggested otherwise.

Ripple:
It was great getting to play you. You got quite a fine Dedede if I do say so myself. GGs.

ORLY:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lake:
Yes! I got you to switch to a secondary! I still lost, but yesssss! GGs.

Toph:
ONLY PLAYER TO TAKE A SET OFF M2K AT THIS TOURNEY! INCREDIBLE! Also you killed it on the commentary!

KishPrime:
How dare you out place me by one spot! Do you think this is funny? Do you think this is some sort of game? How dare you!
On a side note, FC Legacy 10R Platinum Heart Gold Edition Plus was a really great tourney. Just figured I'd thank you again for that.

HammerTime:
Why do I get the IC pools? Was fun playing you and learning just how bad I am when I have to play against the character that I play as all the time. Also you're really good. That probably helped a bit.

Montross:
I see you made it out of pools after all! Congrats! What happened with Cort? Anywho, was great playing you, I can see why so many people predicted you making it out over me.

Rusty Shacklefurd:
Nope.

Dempt:
Awwww maaaaaaan, you totally should have beaten me! Falco on FD is my favourite matchup and stage combination, you gotta have faith in your Marth; it's good.

Gooeybanana:
I just really like your name. I don't know if I met you.

MDZ:
THUNDER!

BlackPanther:
As I said with Montross and will most likely say to Machiavelli, GGs, I can totally see why people had all three of you over me in pool predictions. Unfortunately you all play Fox and I play janky squared PopoNana that can do dumb stuff to spacies.

Violence:
Great seeing you again as always. It's a shame that the results were entered wrong, as somebody clearly forgot to factor in that you're better than me.

metroid:
So great to finally get to meet and play you, especially in Ike dittos (and I won one! WOOOOO!). That said, you and everyone else are all terrible human beings for not maining Ike. This is a travesty!!!

Machiavelli:
It was great playing you in pools/friendlies. Maybe look into the IC matchup a bit, there's definitely a lot of tricks out there for making it more manageable. One thing I learned this tournament is Pokemon Stadium is definitely not a good counterpick, as every Fox that counterpicked me there (See: Every Fox I played) did substantially worse on it. Gotta learn to love that high center platform on other stages.

0Prz:
Was fun teaming with you. Probably could've had that first set if we had maybe met each other at some point before hand. Oh well, live and learn!

CPS LOCKE:
Nice photos, TOO BAD I HAD TO GO AND RUIN ONE!

OXY | The CrimsonBlur:
#TooHeavyToCarry

Kanye Rest:
I know it's been said, but BEST NAME EVER

Soggy Rush:
Nevermind, now THIS is the BEST NAME EVER

SaxophoneofTime:
Scratch that, SaxophoneofTime is the BEST NAME EVER

Cort (DQ'd):
Yoooooo, what happened? It was fun playing you, GGs, but how did you get DQ'd?

Zwarm:
Squirtle Squirt!

INSANE CRAZY GUY:
Dang, didn't even run into you. How carzy is that?

Kirk:
Nerf Bowser. JK, you're really good. So glad I got the opportunity to lose to you on stream!

PM | Strong Bad:
You are simply garbage.

Nah, you da bess. Keep up the great work with PM!

JCaesar:
Nerf ROB.

... no seriously, nerf ROB.

Susan:
Sorry I got 2-0'd by you, I know how disappointing I can be. At least I got to OUT PLACE YOU IN BRACKET! MWUAHAHAHAHAAA!

Money Match Mike:
Most fun I've ever had playing against a Squirtle (eat it Zwarm! (no, don't eat it, I was joking!)). GGs!

Housewife:
Was fun playing you. You and Yakal got some decent team synergy going on.

Damn, I just spent like half an hour on this and I'm still pretty sure I'm still forgetting some people. So to the rest of you all:
'TWAS FUN!!!

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to juggleguy for an awesome tourney, definitely the best tournament ive ever been to. I'll definitely come back for the big house 4!!

Tremor: thanks again for the amazing housing, you were beyond hospitable. too ****in good

ggs everyone else, till next time

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
M2K WINS A NATIONAL THE SAME WEEK POKEMON X AND Y RELEASE, WHICH FEATURE MEWTWO MEGA EVOLVING

OMG I JUST FOUND OUT HOW MEW2KING WON THIS TOURNEY

I really hope no one else has said this already :(

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Also quick shoutouts to Yakal for being salty about Squirtle ;)

I heard you in the background when I was playing Rusty! Don't think I don't know!

But really facing you in pools was one of the most fun sets I had at this tournament minus the two stupid suicides at the end, sorry my character is dumb tho

Rusty: I know you don't like Squirtle either, but it seems picking swords works pretty well, eh? Just fight for your friends and stuff

My car (Oro?!, Kappy (SWAG TRAIN), Oracle): We suck, the other Chicago car did so much better than us. Get better, scrubs.

Dempt: Thanks for the words of encouragement after our pools set. I was really feeling down playing Melee, and talking to you kinda got me motivated to give it another shot, so I'm going into the lab with Falco. Be ready for next time!

Other Squirtle's: There were a lot of you, why is this terrible character played so often? And I didn't even get any dittos in. I am disappoint.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
More importantly

145. Zwarm

Like I'm the best
You didn't have any part of that so I left your name out lol
EDIT: Also thank you, I really appreciate it. I know it's frustrating, believe me, I've been there. I'm glad I could help you get motivated though. I'll be ready next time for ya, looking forward to it.

Also, I plan on posting shoutouts tomorrow. Along with a huge wall of text that no one will read, but it's something I've just gotta say.

strawhats

Smash Master
M2K WINS A NATIONAL THE SAME WEEK POKEMON X AND Y RELEASE, WHICH FEATURE MEWTWO MEGA EVOLVING

OMG I JUST FOUND OUT HOW MEW2KING WON THIS TOURNEY

I really hope no one else has said this already :(
better yet m2k wins a national at the very same event where historical documentary is released, old school legends make their return(cort and wife) and metaphorically speaking m2k got his fire back (with the revealing of M2 and Roy for Project M)

Oracle

Smash Master
shoutouts to kappy aka benjamin "swagtrain" button aka the mozzerella bandit aka tim hortons cockblocker aka the prince of character development

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oct 13 day of the mew2

plz tell them not to nerf mew2/roy if i win tourneys with them (even tho many other players will get to play them early and gimmick their way to victory before anyone learns the MU and I'm not one of those people with that power sadly)

roy/mewtwo are my fav chars in melee but they're completely unviable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvNwjRDu44 cept when u do that

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hanky to bait out rolls, I have visually cues I can see where I can automatically react to it whether it's subtle camera movement or the way your character moves but ya it's usually reactions and not anything planned, it's also your positioning where you would be most likely to roll away from pressure.

Venance

Smash Rookie
any chance an audio recorder was found at the venue? i think it fell out of my backpack... i really need it for school so if anyone found it let me know please ♥

amazing tournament beautiful xoxoxo

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Juggleguy and the other TOs for making this amazing tourney possible. I want to thank Hungrybox for showing me some Pichu skill and Dr. Peepee for playing me in the greatest friendlies ever, and of course everyone else for supporting and attending this awesome tourney. And of course, the VGBootcamp/Project M for Mewtwo/Roy hype and the amazing live streams. I wanted to go up and talk to GiMR and talk to him about his broadcasting setup since I'm in my school's broadcasting club, but notice he was hard at work. Anywho, I digress. I've said this a million times before, but this was the best way for me to enter the competitive Smash scene and I'm excited to become part of this awesome community.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
145: Coffeemug - have you met CoffeeBlack?
I did not, but I really wanted to play him haha. although I know I would have lost.

Anyways shoutouts and stuff:

Juggleguy: Thanks for hosting an awesome tournament. And I loved doing the pictures for it. I had so much fun. Also, your faces in them are probably the best thing ever.
Strong Bad: Thanks for running the PM tournament, it was my first one and some of my best (and worst) matches came out of it.
GimR: your stream set-up was crazy! And awesome job with the videos.

Top 32:

Hungrybox: I'll get you next time
Kage: thanks for re-inspiring my ganon. I'm not gonna give up on him
Hax: your falcon is unreal such a pleasure to watch
Idea: you have my favorite smash tag ever. completely honest.
everyone else: thanks for dealing with the bright/hot lights for the photoshoot. it was fun to do.

Pools (aka shoutouts to the 63 falcos I had to play, I hate you all):

Anther: the staff really wanted us to get close didn't they? anyways, your pikachu is legit and I loved playing it. Now that I've had some time to think, I am really salty I didn't stay wolf. That last match would have been so much closer.
DFU: ggs, I don't actually hate you haha
Ferriswheel32: No lie, when I saw your name I thought you were free. you really took me apart haha
Gooeybanana: I honestly can't really remember who you played, but I'm sure you were cool.
Green Ranger: nice to finally meet you, your DK is sick man. I'll see you at Fight Pitt 3 hopefully
Oracle: I have a feeling you were sandbagging me. I saw what you can do with luigi, good stuff.
Professor Chromeagay: Nice job making top 32. Also, great tag
zbet: Probably my closest match of pools. I had fun actually.

Other stuff:

PGH Housewife: Nice to finally meet you, I honestly didn't expect you to come out so hard in teams.
TM: Your ganon looks so good. we need to ditto one day, I'm coming for you!
Crimson blur, Carroll, People in the crowd near me: Thanks for hyping everything, you made everything so much fun to watch
Everybody: thanks for being not awkward with a camera around. I'll hopefully have the pictures done soon!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
fantastic tourney, juggleguy. looking forward to big house 4 and the melee year in review. i'll be making a video thread soonish

best of 1 tie breakers in pools whyyyyyyyyyy ;___;

rusty and yakal - it was great seeing you guys again! we didn't get any games in though :[

mudkyp - good stuff placing that high, i had no idea of your skill level, haha. steak n shake was super fun! go to apex or something so we can play and hang out

chase - nice lucas. had i not sd'd that second three way tie i'm sure i'd have gotten you. super salty about this and was looking around for you to mm lmao

luigi master tae - honestly you're better than i had thought. i think you should probably stick to like one character instead of using 3 or 4

jcaesar - we didn't get to play much :[

susan - sad that you placed lower than i had anticipated :/. scythe and yakal too strong

scythe - laser more w/ wolf

rat - you were out for blood at this. good ****

oro - good **** vs ppu. your zss is super fun to watch

zwarm - sad we didn't get many matches this time. i'll just go marth vs squirtle next time. i don't have anyone who uses squirtle so i can figure it out with sheik haha

CTL - friendlies were really great on friday. so many SDs

if i missed anyone i'm sorry. great tourney! i'll make it to bracket next time

Top Bottom