• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 2 Results [October 6-7, 2012 - Ann Arbor, MI]

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MattDotZeb - you are simultaneously the best and worst falco ever. good stuff against unknown. keep your mindset resilient to losses though.
I wish you weren't right. :urg: I'm working on it.

Also I'll be giving full shoutouts soon to everyone. <3

Soloist

Smash Ace
The stream was smooth sailing this past weekend. I really enjoyed watching it. What made the experience for me though, was Wobbles. His commentary combined a healthy blend of e-Sports, FGC, Smash, and humor. It was professional and informative, but not so clean cut that it would put anyone to sleep. He served as an excellent bridge between the action and the audience.

And:

*Please do not image quote.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm atleast going to do some shout outs, they're going to be lame tho so sorry

mattdotass: **** falco
wobbles: it was really great actually talking to you and hanging out (rather than calling you out on strategizing on the 4's crew at fc), also your voices and brain are entertaining, hope you get over the loss of your wisdom teeth though, it's k, you'll find other parts of your body to bestow knowledge on.
metroid: THE SAVOIR! Thanks for spying and returning my wallet, and for getting the housing, and good **** getting first in pm
maxberger: i forgot to tell you that your beard is impressive
wake: kit srsly too goot
moose: awwwwwww yeah those were some weird games
strong bad: i just wanted to camp you with needles and bair >:
momma doh: welp, I mean, I didn't think I'd do good, but I thought I'd do better...also always a blast talking to you, way to much fun :D
hellsing: "no, my penis doesn't have a turtle neck". G. G. ps ur marhts goog c:
bieber: always a pleasure hanging out with you and camping you and fox dittoing you
hart: i'm super glad we met at fc, kinda mad we didn't play at all though >:
swag: dis guy, going jiggs wasn't cool :( But glad you finding the game fun again man, taking breaks is good
unknown: great seeing you again man, get a new controller though EH EH?!
europhoria: doubly for you big guy, thought you quit or fell into the sun or something crazy
kk: kk stands for kute kute, play me some time and tell me why i'm bad
little england: see you at a purdue tournament soon! fun friendlies
nakamaru: sorry for doing gay sheik stuff in friendlies, i had to warm up though :(
DEMPT: yo I'm sad we wont get to doubles again for a while, good **** carrying me to like, what ever place we got
scar: best of 2 mm, game 1 on jungle japes (we are from the same time period, you're right :D ), for a chucky cheese coin. Part of me is afraid that you don't save these things i give you, but part of me knows you have a special carved wooden box where you keep all of my tokens. It's probably next to your Arnold shrine.
ORLY: GETHIMGETHIMGETHIMGETHIMGETHIMGETHIM
Oro: I suck, but it's k, we gotta play soon, thanks for listening to me ***** lolol
Kanye rest: best. tag. ever. ggs in dat money match
Bolt/slox/codfish joe: ****ing stop drinking the ct water, I think they put growth hormones and steroids in that ****, or you guys been chowing on rare candies CAUSE **** ALL M8S! (@handsome joe: mm?)
kira: thank you (and thank you 2.0)
sleep deprivation: **** youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

if i forgot you: sorry let's play more melee next time, and or mm?

Moooose

Smash Champion
one more thing i forgot to say. in my four years of playing smash in michigan, i've never heard a single controller john. our controllers must be pretty beast

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
one more thing i forgot to say. in my four years of playing smash in michigan, i've never heard a single controller john. our controllers must be pretty beast
its kuz its a stupid john, if ur gonna go a long distance for a smash tournament, make sure u got a good one. dont make us listen to that same john the whole time.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
or the midwest just plays super laaaaaaaame :awesome:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
First, huge thanks and congrats to Juggleguy and his staff (including VGBC) for organizing this amazing event. It's one of the best tournaments I've ever been to and I met a ton of awesome people. I also really appreciate how everything ran on time with plenty of time for spectating and playing friendlies / MMs.

MD/VA people (Chillin, DoH, Wenbo):
it was fun traveling with you guys. Thanks to Chillin for doing a bulk of the driving. Landon, I may suck at this game for getting rested and losing to Bieber but at least I made it out of pools haha. Seriously though, it sucks you were kinda off during the 2nd round. Happens to everyone at some point though and you still managed to put in work in the doubles losers bracket.
Wenbo - stop SDing with Fox LOL

Tutu - I never really got a chance to say this in person, but thanks a million for housing MD/VA and CT.

Other ICs players:
Fly - it was great to meet you and chat throughout the weekend. You're such a smart analytical player (I expected no less from a math PhD student!) and I learned a lot from you. We made a pretty good team too. I hope to see you again a Apex, but if not, hopefully there will be a Genesis 3.
Trail - you're a really cool dude. Meeting you in person only makes your boards personality even more hilarious. ggs all around and good **** beating Scar in bracket. I hope to see you come to the EC some time.
Wobbles - beast commentator. Probably the best the community has ever had imo, even on no sleep! In both singles and doubles I lost to advice you gave to my opponents:(

Kels - ggs in pools. I would have been really frustrated if you pulled off the comeback lol

Unknown - you are hands down the best Fox player vs. ICs when you are on point. sucks you had controller problems:(

CT people - SloX, BolT, Joe:
Good seeing you guys again. See you at ROM5?

Dempt - good times at Steak and Shake. Your stories are hilarious. ggs in pools too.

Mango - you wrecked me, not that I was actually expecting you not to or anything... Watching you repeatedly beat Hbox with ease is awesome.

SFAT - I think we played for like....1 stock lol. Good seeing you again.

Duck - Man I was so close to beating you in bracket. I was kind of salty too because I totally would have plowed through Frootloop and Westballz right afterwards to claim a spot in the top-12:p ggs and good job beating unknown in pools.

Silentswag - ggs. I was surprised you didn't go Sheik.

Vudujin - your presence makes every tournament more enjoyable. Whether it's teaming with level 9 Luigi, putting in work vs. top players, or rocking out on the piano, you always give me something awesome to remember.

KirbyKaze - you wrecked me worse than I thought you would. I gotta watch your set with Fly and take notes.

HankyPanky - I never met you but damn you did more in your 2nd tournament than most people have in their entire Smash careers. I want to see you become a top player around here. You got the talent to do it.

Sung - I'm glad we got our MM in. You're a lot smarter than most Falcos out there.

metroid - congrats on winning PM and thoroughly impressing me. You're such a friendly and humble guy and I wish I played you a bit more.

ORLY - ggs in both brackets, though it was kind of off-putting that you just got up and left after our Melee match. I can understand the frustration of being chaingrabbed though.

darkatma - Good meeting you and thanks for helping me warm up:)

Renth - good **** in the Ganon challenge LOL

Cunning - good meeting you and I wish we got to play. I was really impressed by your gameplay.

Moose - I don't think I even got to meet you:( Not sure how that happened.

kalamazhu - damn we never really got to play besides like those 2 stocks. Good meeting you though.

Everyone else I played - ggs
I bet I forgot a few people but if I think of anyone else I'll put it here.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Sfat: Great Stuff in pools! I just loved the pace of the fight. You're a great opponent to play. Upload that piano vid, mah doo!!!

Hungrybox: Great stuff in bracket, man! So good to see you, and we must continue to do sing-a-longs as a tourney tradition. TOOO GOOOD!!!

Kanye Rest: Same goes to you!! And Thanks for rooting for me all the time!

Metroid: Your playing was quite beautiful, and congrats on PM.

Unknown: Ryan, you never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work.

KirbyKaze: You dominated me in pools. Thank you for all the advice. I will be much more of a threat the next time we meet at the screen. ;)

Wake: Nice playing you in pools!

Sung666: Very good set, dude. That Falco has some nasty ground control.

Max Berger: LOVED playing you, Max. Wonderful Zelda you got there.

RyeJew: Really solid work in pools. Your shine game is superb.

Gibby: You really impressed me this tournament. I haven't been shooken up like that in tourney for awhile. Great stuff, man.

Nintendude: Nice to see you again. I wish we got to do some friendlies.

SilentSwag: Good stuff in bracket! Hopefully this doesn't happen again at a big tourney.

Lovage: Very cool getting to chill with you though I seldom spoke. We gotta fix that and play a bunch of friendlies next time we meet.

Wobbles: Excellent commentating, sir. I learned so many simple yet effective things after listening to my matches. I hope you continue to persue this sort of professionalism in the commentating communtiy.

Mango: Awesome getting to see you again! Congrats on 1st. You pretty much redefined pillaring with Falco. That **** against KK was intense.

Crimson Blur: Those friendlies were so much fun!

Orly: Your Falcon is BEAST!!!!

Little England: GG's in bracket. I'll get you next time!

Kalamazhu: You look like you've improved since we last played. Keep it up!

Bidwell: Don't sweat the small stuf, mah doo!! Just take it one step at a time.

Juggleguy: I'm so sorry. :luigi: Thank you for hosting. You are the best TO.

Abu: I'm even more sorry. :luigi:

Slox: I love your diversity! We have to do a character crew battle next time.

Bolt: GG's in pools.

Froot Loops: Also GG's in pools. . . so many spacies

Duck: Nice seeing you again!

Renth: Awesome work in teams!

Scar: I was so mad we didn't get to play friendlies. We definitely gotta play next time I see you. The team stream on Friday night was sick. Dat 6 stock!!!

WestBallz (NorthNutz/EastTesteez/SouthSac): I love your name. Very fun hanging out with you!! GG's in teams.

HIV & Dope: GG's in teams as well. Very clutch set.

Shoutouts to anyone I may have missed!!

If anyone recorded the piano cover of radio/video, please post that shiz!!! I must see it.

ORLY

Smash Master
@nintendude: yeah i was a bit frustrated after our set. sorry about gettin' up and walking away, but i look forward to playing you again! i thought i had you dead to rights at the end of game 1. ;D

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
LOOOOOL FROOTLOOP RUNNING TRAIN ON SOCAL

GET wr3cked oscar and weston dennis

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Spife

Smash Master
Yo guys lay off the call outs on controller johns. While I know our community loves to ride "no johns" till the last stop (even though it's been ad nauseam since god knows when) getting a new controller isn't easy.

Also, try playing this game some time with actual miss-inputs (rather than just making mistakes). It's one thing to get shield stabbed while you're holding shield, it's something else completely different when you press shield in anticipation and nothing happens. I had a bum controller for a few weeks, I know how it is, and it's frustrating.

v2.x

Smash Rookie
I have to say, Juggleguy this tournament was amazing.
Shoutouts to everyone I met from Chicago, you guys were amazing and I appreciate the friendlies.
Shoutouts to Cpt. Clevland for the Falcon tips and the friendlies, I hope the next time I see you is in the top 16.
It was a really awesome tournament and I love the community that much more after it.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yo guys lay off the call outs on controller johns. While I know our community loves to ride "no johns" till the last stop (even though it's been ad nauseam since god knows when) getting a new controller isn't easy.

Also, try playing this game some time with actual miss-inputs (rather than just making mistakes). It's one thing to get shield stabbed while you're holding shield, it's something else completely different when you press shield in anticipation and nothing happens. I had a bum controller for a few weeks, I know how it is, and it's frustrating.
..... what kind of man are you?

Shoutouts to MD/VA and CT for being awesome people, I was like super sick that weekend so I kind of hid in the basement, got to play CT a bit before they left, it was really fun. I almost want to play melee lol. **** learning stuff tho.

Juggleguy: I've heard nothing but praises, your tournament was ****ing awesome, and you are legit the best TO in the country.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I wish people who have routinely awful controllers would just talk to Cactuar and/or Lovage (and whoever else has a history of controller maintenance & repair knowledge) at length and learn how to tinker with, adjust, and take care of their controller so they don't have to deal with it. I think controller repair, tinkering, and maintenance isn't understood or known by enough people and Cactuar's helped me repair a few controllers just by talking on AIM so... yeah, I dunno. I think people should take more responsibility for their hardware in general.

Now, with that said, having your controller break the day of or right before the tournament is terrible but if you go in knowing that your controller sucks and play with it anyway... I dunno. Seems like you made a silly decision from the get-go. They're not exactly expensive and breaking one in within two months or so is reasonable, especially if you know how to tweak them and/or play a space animal.

My thoughts. You can agree, disagree, hate on me, etc.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Updated the results with exact payouts. I'll start PayPal'ing tomorrow and mailing checks early next week.

Still waiting on a PM from: Fly Amanita, SFAT, KirbyKaze, Unknown522

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament, easily the most fun I've had since FC.

Juggleguy - Awesome job running this thing. Like everyone said, this was really well run. Definitely an improvement on the venue too. Hopefully I'll still be playing for the next one.
Frootloop - Nice job at this tourney, we still gotta teach you some jank matchups though. Just gotta learn icies and peach as far as I know (and maybe luigi).
Gibby - You're pretty good at this game, def one of the better shieks out there now. You just need to win close games more.
Chexr - It was fun teaming with you, even if we did john out. That first game with 8 gimps was funny. So many buildings.
Max Berger - Those were fun games at the hotel. I hope to see you next weekend!
Wake - It was awesome playing you at the hotel the night before. You were definitely one of the top peach players there. I'm usually terrible vs peach, but it helped a ton to play you.
ORLY - Good job at this tourney, regardless of the bracket matches. You were playing well, I'm glad you stuck with falcon.
Packerdude829 - It was fun playing you in both tourneys. It's really refreshing to play vs aggressive spacies, I wish I could play like that. Your wolf is really scary too.
Trail - Awesome job at this, the fundamentals are strong. I haven't played your icies in a long time, maybe next time I'm in chicago.
CunningKitsune - You're still too good at this game. You did well in the fox gauntlet. I don't think I've ever played your fox lol, next time for sure.
Scar - It was awesome to finally play you. Good **** running the tournament mode tourney at the hotel.
Dope - GGs, you've got a great attitude towards the game. I like how chill you were in tourney, I gotta play like that more.
Little England - Nice job at this, and ggs at the hotel. Hopefully we'll play at the next Chicago tourney.
Sung - Awesome friendlies at the hotel. Your falco pressure is really solid, definitely better than what I'm used to. I couldn't get a single up smash off. I really gotta learn to shine oos.
Crimson Blur - Really fun pools set, its too bad we didn't get to play more. I love playing vs marth with just about everyone. Hope to see you at the next major.
Renth - GGs Mark, your ganon is one of the originals that inspired me to play him in the first place. Casual dittos are some of the best matches in the game. Shout out to Charles for me.
voorhese - Awesome job at this, I feel like you got kind of shafted with the placings. We should play more next IL tourney, I really gotta learn the ditto better.
Strong Bad - Good to see you again, your DK was looking pretty good in PM. We should play some sober melee matches next time. Are you going to AGDQ?
Idea - Huge props for dropping that pink piece of crap and picking up a real character. Your falco is pretty solid, it just needs some tourney experience. GGs in pools.
Scythe - Really fun PM matches. You Chicago guys make me want to play that game more. I really just wish they would get rid of that stupid input buffer ASAP.
Bidwell - Fun games at the hotel. I don't know how long we played for, but there were a lot of funny games. That was perfect for 5 AM smash. Hope to see you at more tourneys.
Hoefler - Good seeing you again. I'll get Rick and Richie to come to a random Madison tourney if you guys show up to one.
Spife - It was good playing you at this, those were really fun friendlies. We'll play more at the next Chicago tourney.
Wobbles - It was awesome playing you in the hotel on Friday night. You're a funny guy, it's refreshing to see someone hate peach more than I do. Too bad you couldn't enter, but we got great commentary in exchange.

P:M
Metroid - Good **** winning PM1 It has been a long time since the midwest has won anything at a major, and you brought it home with ease. Your charizard is too good.
Vro - Good stuff in the tourney, you've still got the flashiest style. Sometimes you're a little too flashy, and then you get forward tilted. Thanks for the advice as usual.
Rat - That sonic is too good. You should have had mango, you just missed a lot of finishers. I can't imagine what you're sonic is going to look like without a frame of lag.
Kirk - Best bowser in the midwest? We gotta play PM next time, I have no idea how you beat Ikes wit that character.

Top Bottom