• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bewildering Bony Brawler - Dry Bowser for Smash 5!

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
So, before I start, I just want to say that I feel like Bowser and Dry Bowser should be a Mario - Luigi situation rather than a Mario - Doctor Mario situation. What I mean by that is I don't want him to be a clone. That is a waste of amazing character potential and a slot on the roster. (cough cough ganondorf cough) Anyway, I feel like he'd be a cool edition to smash. He could shoot blue fire, throw bones, and even have a counter where he falls into a pile of bones, and if attacked, he comes back to life and bites the opponent! I think he has a lot of potential. Let me know what you think!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think a Lazarus style character would be a lot of Fun.

That said, I don't think it should be Dry Bowser. It fits the character, but doesnt have much to do with greater embodiment of the Mario franchises as a whole.
Even if he were considered, Id put him well into triple digits of character options regarding little payoff.

Morbi

Scavenger
At this point, I do not trust Sakurai with heavy-weights at all. And a character that can so easily fall into the clone category is just a bit risky if he is the one designing move-sets, if you ask me. The concept is interesting, but he is definitely not someone that I am clamoring for. If he did happen to get in, with a unique move-set, I bet I would enjoy him. I just cannot imagine him getting to that stage.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
At this point, I do not trust Sakurai with heavy-weights at all. And a character that can so easily fall into the clone category is just a bit risky if he is the one designing move-sets, if you ask me. The concept is interesting, but he is definitely not someone that I am clamoring for. If he did happen to get in, with a unique move-set, I bet I would enjoy him. I just cannot imagine him getting to that stage.
OOF. You have a point. I did think the idea of dry bowser WAS a little far out there. Thanks for the feedback though, and I agree with your last 2 sentences. :bowser:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I've never actively supported Dry Bowser as a standalone character - very much as an alt, with perhaps aesthetic changes to his fire as well.

This said I wouldn't be upset to see him. A cool variant of an already cool character.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tbh, I feel like he would make a better Echo fighter than an original fighter. I would love to have him, and I'm in the minority of those who support his inclusion as an echo, but as a standalone in a Mario v Luigi style? Ehhhh... Still a supporter, but as an Echo

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
What I WILL say though, is that he is definitely the most underrated character with Echo Fighter potential. Can't believe he isn't talked about more...
I personally think he can use Bowser's original moveset from Melee. It would be more interesting than being a direct echo of Bowser and I suppose it gives something to people who don't like Bowsers' changes?

Top Bottom