• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bethesda Theory

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wow, that all sounds fascinating. So, what's your theory?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Vergeben has mentioned none of these characters and this guy doesn't mention Incineroar or Ken. And I doubt that we would be getting two new Namco reps. I think these are just this guy's personal opinions and not inside information.

LifelessCorpse

Smash Rookie
Wow, that all sounds fascinating. So, what's your theory?
That a Bethesda employee is "leaking" new fighters through "predictions"!!

Vergeben has mentioned none of these characters and this guy doesn't mention Incineroar or Ken. And I doubt that we would be getting two new Namco reps. I think these are just this guy's personal opinions and not inside information.
He only posted five so maybe he just didn't include everyone. Why would Namco not get two new reps, Konami has three and they're not even developing Ultimate like Namco is.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying one of the most respected heads in gaming (Pete Hines) had a non-disclosed conversation about what newcomers are being added into one of Bethesda's largest professional business partner's (Nintendo) upcoming video game and has decided to risk their companies relationship to tongue-in-cheekily spoil one of the most protected marketing campaigns Nintendo runs...

No offense, but this might be one of the illogical theories I have ever seen.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying one of the most respected heads in gaming (Pete Hines) had a non-disclosed conversation about what newcomers are being added into one of Bethesda's largest professional business partner's (Nintendo) upcoming video game and has decided to risk their companies relationship to tongue-in-cheekily spoil one of the most protected marketing campaigns Nintendo runs...

No offense, but this might be one of the illogical theories I have ever seen.
Agreed, non-disclosed conversation is the key term here. Nobody in their right mind would agree to a NDA and then publicly leak stuff, even less if you are Pete Hines. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure there are considerable legal consequences.

It's still an amusing coincidence though.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
This feels almost too obvious to actually mean anything more than Pete Hine's personal predictions, that are possibly influenced by a meeting with Nintendo about getting content in Smash Bros letting him better know the criteria or expectations to be in the game. Deletes the account because he doesn't want to be hounded by fans over his thoughts, especially if anyone of those predictions is right.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is such a dumb theory. Next we’ll be seeing claims that Sakurai himself is leaking the roster.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
This feels almost too obvious to actually mean anything more than Pete Hine's personal predictions, that are possibly influenced by a meeting with Nintendo about getting content in Smash Bros letting him better know the criteria or expectations to be in the game. Deletes the account because he doesn't want to be hounded by fans over his thoughts, especially if anyone of those predictions is right.
This is what my money is on.

Top Bottom