• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Samus Player in the Country.

strawhats

Smash Master
I knew there was a reason he was giving colbol a run for his money on livestream.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
According to Hugs's blog, he mentions he's almost done with the game.

Plup or IHSB for next Samus!

Pi

Smash Hero
there are matches of him vs. col bol up on various channels, they've fought before many times and plup always manages to either take a set off of him or it's a very close fight though he's never been able to seal the deal in GF or LF, he's beaten him in WF the past like 3 tournies they've fought LOL

plup and colin are both so ****in good man, def. next level players, they just haven't got enough OoS or major tourney experience (col bol has some but not enough!, everyone in FL knows he's beast but idk, not enough matchup experience and not enough chances to play high level players =\, he's stuck playing us scrubs)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Any recent videos of Plup out there? I only managed to come across a ton from 2010, which were already very impressive.

Walt

Smash Ace
Everyone just move to cali where the weather isn't ballstastic most of the year. snow sucks ****.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think Plup also almost beat Shiz a few months ago.

Pi

Smash Hero
yea, it was last stock last game, he's itching for a re-match
he also had a close set with darkrain when he was down here a year ago for CEO

Pi

Smash Hero
DJN's samus is also not to be trifled with

rat is also notable, and i think it's cyr? from overseas is also pretty impressive to watch

and of course the samus poster child, spaceballs

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I don't know man, Plup is REALLY good, and very consistent.
III (knihT) is also coming alongside really good as well.

I know there's DJ Nintendo, , HugS, IHaveSpaceBalls, Rat, Duck, and Darrell.

But Plup? Mannn!

Zodiac

Smash Master
just have hugs and space balls mm, then we'll see who is the best. hint...its gonna be hugs

HugS™

Smash Lord
Lol you made a thread to say this Hbox?

There is no doubt that he is good, but I think you're largely basing this on how you do vs me compared to how he does vs you and the rest of Florida.
Leave a motivated Huggies in that state long enough, and you'll see me get ranked 2nd, at minimum, like you saw me do here in Socal during Lucky and Zhu's prime.

Plup, in my opinion, is the future of Samus.
But right now, I'm the past and the present, and I will remain so up until my retirement, which is very soon, if not now. ( Sorry Mike G :( )

You can't take the "Samus throne" away from a guy who's held on to it for 6 years just by claiming it on a thread's OP. Shame on you :p

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Here we go again

Wow I'm gone for a while and this is what I see? Ok now why are you people already just calling plup the best so fast? he hasnt been to BIG TOURNAMENTS yet or played more notable players in the country, hugs did He is still the CURRENT BEST SAMUS. Now thats settled Hugs your are the present best samus I was the past best samus and I can call myself the best samus of all time, because I paved the way for all of you, and dont deny that I'm the Jordan of samus and your the Kobe of Samus. With that being said I shall return and take back what was my title in the past. The different between basketball is that age puts a toll on your performance luckily this isnt the case. All i would like to say is good job to all the Samus players that have been holding it down for all this long, thanks for holding the torch for me including you Hugs. It's time to hand it back to it rightful owner.

P.S Hugs you didnt hold it down for 6 yrs make that about 3 yrs i guess your mistaking yourself for the amount of yrs I held it down with Samus, but I understand that you just " want to be like Mike".

P.S2 I will not be doing Samus Dittos to determine whos best Samus thats the silliest thing I have ever heard of that determines who is the best with a character. Also how is everyone forgetting Ihavespaceball. And one more thing the dude that is hating saying " this is like a battle on who has the smartest penguin" seems like you arent that good in the game, that's why you probably put up a post as bitter as you did. Its all good guess everyone has a role to play on these message boards you are definitely assuming the position.

Anyways see you guys on the battlefield.

Yours truly,
DALEGENDARY SAMUS

strawhats

Smash Master
Ohh ****tt...is da wes coming outta retirement for apex 2012???!!!!!!! I guess when D1 said there might be a possible DA sighting at the next No Johns, he meant u.

@Hugs please don't retire b4 Apex 2012 bro! I'm sure mango would at least love that company from his mentor, along with the usual Lucky/Milktea. Even if you don't

enter. Plus I wanna play you. You too Darrell.

We live out here. 2005 **** talk!!

Also seriously people be sleeping on IHSB...that guy is not just tech skill, He's good for a reason.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Ihavespaceballs ignore the bashes at your penguin post. I thought it was someone else. But still dont be bitter dude she can do it. I will show you how. Your a good player.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jack (IHSB) is my favorite Samus player. He doesn't have as much experience as HugS, but I'm sure if he did he'd be placing at nationals too.
never give up, my fellow brony.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Also how is everyone forgetting Ihavespaceball. And one more thing the dude that is hating saying " this is like a battle on who has the smartest penguin" seems like you arent that good in the game, that's why you probably put up a post as bitter as you did.
Haha...oh man. Is Wes really going to play again? Would love to see some old school.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOL Wes, your time was up in 2005. You're lucky I even gave you 2004 after I mauled you @ GS2 ;)

You got me in that FC3 crew battle though :(

And you're right, you were the father of Samus, but if we compare our environments and accomplishments, you're more like the Wilt Chamberlain of Samus, not MJ. You pioneered, you dominated your time, but I came after, did it better and longer, and with better competition.

@ Himynameisruss, my reason for retiring is simple. I don't want it like these up-and-comers want it.

You've probably heard the phrase before; if you you REALLY want to succeed, you have to want it as much as you want to breathe. I'm at a point where I've experienced enough and been in practically every kind of position I can think of with this game, and multiple times. I've done this for a very long time, and I did this in a successful manner longer than anyone out there right now. I'm gassed out, and these newcomers are hungry.

I can compete with talent and skill till the end of time. But if I'm not hungry, then I can't compete with hunger.

It's the plain truth. After reaching success in competition, without proper motivation, you start to play just to not lose, and that's when you know it's time to hang it up. You gotta do it if you want to bow out respectfully and maintain your dignity/pride/legacy.

It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to consider, and it's partly why I'm not willing to say I'm 100% on it yet. I do know it's my time though, and it does make me sad.

Top Bottom