• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varist

Smash Lord
For me.

I love playing through a game and knowing that I'm not playing through it in the same way someone else has. When I take on the Role in the Playing Game, I want my Role to be unique. My character needs unique accessories and armor and weapons.

Don't care about the combat system, don't care about the story, don't care about the graphics.

Let me tell you what gets me high. Take Kingdom Hearts I. You had 3 accessory slots in that game. You could synthesize accessories, but there was no single accessory that beat all the rest. You could have Titan Chains or Crystal Crowns or whatever depending on what you needed, magic or strength or health, etc.

I like the number crunching, a slow optimization of my character. A huge cache of armor and weapons and accessories with stats that are well-balanced against each other is what makes a good RPG to me.

When I found out only Goofy got 4 accessory slots and Sora had to deal with 3, I was pissed beyond measure. That was customization I'd been robbed of.

If I could have slots for shoulders, helmets, boots, socks, each of the 10 damn rings that could fit on my fingers, then I'd be happy.

And challenge is required. What's the point of meticulously playing with stats if you can't barely scrape through some boss thanks to your calculations? The point is gay, blarghrgay.

If anyone knows of an RPG that offers a personalized grindy kind of deal, be a good Internet Samaritan and make one little boy from Texas the happiest kid for the next few weeks. ****, if it's one of those J-RPGS that lasts ten years then you just made him happier. But kid wants to fight **** and collect a ****ton of items and trinkets and armor with special effects and **** that he can try out.

Thanks (smash) bros!

editALSO I LOVE YOU

Varist

Smash Lord
....http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/dyn/items/

?!?!?!?!

IS THIS WHAT THAT GAME HAS?
DOES FINAL FANTASY 6 REALLY OFFER THIS?

and synthesized (whatever the **** that means), craftable, questable items for each slot numbering in the dozens of dozens up until level 99?

this game promises these things and delivers?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saying an FF MMO is better than the best game in the series is a joke, even if it has gameplay mechanics it doesn't offer

Varist

Smash Lord
wait, confused. just realized my link is ffxi online.

I don't understand the above post very well.

what exactly does FFXI have?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wait, confused. just realized my link is ffxi online.

I don't understand the above post very well.

what exactly does FFXI have?
I thought you knew. Your the one who linked it.

I assumed you were saying FF XI is better than VI.

I was disagreeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom