• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best player(s) for every character.(28.08.15)

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
And that was in 2013, people definitely knew how to play against ICs then
Also Chu got 8th. 2nd is a bigger deal
Quit living in the past. How has wobbles done lately? Evo 2014 and 2015? Yep. Nonexistant

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Quit living in the past. How has wobbles done lately? Evo 2014 and 2015? Yep. Nonexistant
Wobbles went all Mario for EVO 2015 and got much further than any actual Mario main including KoopaTroopa

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Well with attitude we should just forget all about World Wars one and two because that's all in the past now right?
It's not a matter of how people do right now, it's a matter of consistency and skill over time, and Wobbles has consistently placed over Chudat with ICs.

Last edited:

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Wobbles destroyed M2K recently, when was the last time Chu did that?
he beat a guy with bad hands. Good job??

Well with attitude we should just forget all about World Wars one and two because that's all in the past now right?
It's not a matter of how people do right now, it's a matter of consistency and skill over time, and Wobbles has consistently placed over Chudat with ICs.
So you're saying that Germany is still a powerful and major threat in Europe because they were a threat in WWII? Wow, your analogies are on point today.

/s

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
First, if you are a non top 6 player and you beat a top 6 player that's always going to be at least a little impressive. Second, I don't know if you watched any of those two sets but it was pretty clear that it wasn't just hand pain.

And if Chu Dat is such a legendary Ice Climbers player then surely he would have done great at SmashCon. Since he made top eight at Evo, the largest smash tournament ever, he must have an easy path to at least top 4 or 5 at SmashCon. Oh, it looks like he got 17th at the same tournament where Nintendude got 9th.

But that's just one tournament, so let's look at some other stuff his year. Maybe he only does well at super majors which is okay since they matter the most, so let's look at Apex. Seems like he got 25th and Nintendude got 9th. Hm... Well he must've played well at CEO since he is unquestionably the best IC's main, so what did he get? 25th... Hm...

But hey, he has to be the best IC's because he got 7th at Evo right? You're right, that's all that matters and everything else is completely irrelevant.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
So you're saying that Germany is still a powerful and major threat in Europe because they were a threat in WWII? Wow, your analogies are on point today.

/s
No I just mean that the past should be taken into consideration, and that just because it happened in the past doesn't make it any less valid. @ Dolla Pills Dolla Pills explained it perfectly.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
he beat a guy with bad hands. Good job??
Maybe M2K isn't the only one that needs to go to the doctor lol.

Hard to say, after the US leveled up no one really wants to MM and it's been a long time since the last tournament.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
First, if you are a non top 6 player and you beat a top 6 player that's always going to be at least a little impressive. Second, I don't know if you watched any of those two sets but it was pretty clear that it wasn't just hand pain.

And if Chu Dat is such a legendary Ice Climbers player then surely he would have done great at SmashCon. Since he made top eight at Evo, the largest smash tournament ever, he must have an easy path to at least top 4 or 5 at SmashCon. Oh, it looks like he got 17th at the same tournament where Nintendude got 9th.

But that's just one tournament, so let's look at some other stuff his year. Maybe he only does well at super majors which is okay since they matter the most, so let's look at Apex. Seems like he got 25th and Nintendude got 9th. Hm... Well he must've played well at CEO since he is unquestionably the best IC's main, so what did he get? 25th... Hm...

But hey, he has to be the best IC's because he got 7th at Evo right? You're right, that's all that matters and everything else is completely irrelevant.
well atleast you understand that im right

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chu had one good tourney this year. It was a great run at evo 2015 so congrats to him. It was amazing. However, it was only ONE tourney. To say chu is the best IC's player based on one tourney is silly.

As someone pointed out, Wobbles did beat M2k, bad hands or not. I don't see Chu nor Fly beating any of the top 6 like Wobbles can. Wobbles has been a consistent force for a quite a long time, even in his "retired" state. To me, Wobbles is easily the best IC player, at least for now. Chu and Fly are way too inconsistent to put on top at the moment, IMO.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Fox - Armada
Falco - PPMD
Sheik - M2K
Peach - Armada
Puff - Hbox
Marth - PPMD
Samus - Plup
CF - Mango
Link - Lord HDL
Mario - Mango
Dr Mario - Shroomed
Young Link - Armada
Ganon - Kage
Ness - Hungrybox
Mew2 - Taj
DK - Green Ranger
Bowser - DJ Nintendo
Pikachu - Axe
Pichu - M2K
Yoshi - Amsa
Zelda - Cosmo
Roy - M2K

Idk about the rest

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Fox - Armada
Falco - PPMD
Sheik - M2K
Peach - Armada
Puff - Hbox
Marth - PPMD
Samus - Plup
CF - Mango
Link - Lord HDL
Mario - Mango
Dr Mario - Shroomed
Young Link - Armada
Ganon - Kage
Ness - Hungrybox
Mew2 - Taj
DK - Green Ranger
Bowser - DJ Nintendo
Pikachu - Axe
Pichu - M2K
Yoshi - Amsa
Zelda - Cosmo
Roy - M2K

Idk about the rest
You forgot about ChuDat for IC's, as you can see we have already proven him to be the best :upsidedown:

Other than that I don't think I would put Mango as the best Falcon, instead I'd go with s2j or wizzy. It's a shame there are no super good Falcons anymore though, may Hax Falcon rest in peace

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
You forgot about ChuDat for IC's, as you can see we have already proven him to be the best :upsidedown:

Other than that I don't think I would put Mango as the best Falcon, instead I'd go with s2j or wizzy. It's a shame there are no super good Falcons anymore though, may Hax Falcon rest in peace
If l had to choose from those 2 then I'll have to go with wizzy since S2J drops many edge guards.
I think Fly is more consistent than Chu but haven't seen him lately so I'm undecided.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
If l had to choose from those 2 then I'll have to go with wizzy since S2J drops many edge guards.
I think Fly is more consistent than Chu but haven't seen him lately so I'm undecided.
Yeah I can get behind Wizzy too. As for Chu that was a joke cause we had been discussing that earlier, but yeah I would put Fly above him and maybe even Nintendude since he's placed better at everything except for a really bad performance at Evo. And then everyone else thinks Wobbles is the best IC's so there's him too.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Yeah I can get behind Wizzy too. As for Chu that was a joke cause we had been discussing that earlier, but yeah I would put Fly above him and maybe even Nintendude since he's placed better at everything except for a really bad performance at Evo. And then everyone else thinks Wobbles is the best IC's so there's him too.
I wasn't counting on wobbles because he retired, didn't he?

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
So he beat a guy with bad hands, good job?

But seriously I think he has shown that he's still at that level, I'm just more comfortable going with people who play more often
You saw m2k 6-0 Leffen like 2 weeks ago at PAX, right? I don't know how much of an argument that is. Hands be damned, he's still one of the best players in the world.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
M2K definitely has the best Sheik .He 6-0'd Plup at SnS. His Sheik is much better. I agree that Plup's sheik is extremely good, but nothing compared to Mew2King. You could probably mention MacD as well for Peach. Although MacD isn't nearly as good, he's still a great Peach player. At SSC and PAX he played very well. As far as Marth I think it's very close between PPMD and M2K. They've gone back and forth. PP might be better right now, but it's close. M2K is at least better on FD. Also, M2K's fox may better than Leffen's once he gets his hand healed. He beat him in game one at PAX with Fox dittoes, and he SD'd twice. I know it was just once and only a single game, but still, it may be something to consider. Armada's Fox is definitely the best right now in my opinion. Just my two cents, I know some of my opinions can be unpopular. Feel free to criticize.
Umm... That just proves M2K is better at the mirror match. Both M2K and Plup's Sheik have beaten Mango before, so I honestly don't think it's that clear who is better between them.

For instance, Plup is way better at tech chases.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
One of the big differences between Plup and m2k for me is that m2k can't go solo Sheik. He needs Fox and Marth to deal with certain people, characters, and stages, whereas Plup stays almost entirely Sheik.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Please, you'd be stupid to compare Blea's bracket to Eddy's.
While pointing out the fact I did, I was also shedding light on how one good placement means very little. But Blea only lost to m2k and PPU, which was close. You're a fanboy and sleeping on him hard, just too stubborn to admit it lol.

Also no offense to eddy whatsoever, love that guy (met him at mlg) but he lost to bladewise (luigi slayer via ka-master training) and Blea didn't. That is just the tip of the iceberg, but just showing that hard facts support Blea being brought up in any discussion of top luigi(s), not just SFL bias. Immediately disregarding him is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
While pointing out the fact I did, I was also shedding light on how one good placement means very little. But Blea only lost to m2k and PPU, which was close. You're a fanboy and sleeping on him hard, just too stubborn to admit it lol.

Also no offense to eddy whatsoever, love that guy (met him at mlg) but he lost to bladewise (luigi slayer via ka-master training) and Blea didn't. That is just the tip of the iceberg, but just showing that hard facts support Blea being brought up in any discussion of top luigi(s), not just SFL bias. Immediately disregarding him is ridiculous.
Blea is great. As a Luigi main, he is one of my main idols and I love to see him play and root for him, but I really don't see how his wins other than Bladewise (which is a pretty good win), or placings outside of Paragon (He had to face Drunk Sloth in losers the same round that Eddy played Bladewise) can be compared to Abate and especially Eddy Mexico.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He's traveled less so his list of accomplishments will undoubtedly be smaller. Has his placings in nationals been comparable to eddy/abate since he started traveling? Yes.

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
One of the big differences between Plup and m2k for me is that m2k can't go solo Sheik. He needs Fox and Marth to deal with certain people, characters, and stages, whereas Plup stays almost entirely Sheik.
I don't think that's accurate at all, just as I don't think you can say that PP "needs" Marth to beat Peaches on Final Destination.

I do think that if M2K went solo Sheik, he would out-perform Plup, even if they both had brackets of IC's, Puffs, and spacies.

Last edited:

Audie

Smash Rookie
I'm still stuck on whether or not you can count Shroomed as a Doc. He was unquestionably the best when he played him, but the last time I saw that happen was like... pffffft.... TBH4 for a bit? Correct me if I'm wrong, I very well may be.

I can't really think of an active Doc of note near his level though, so I guess he's default best. Just seems kind of strange to put the guy as the best for a character we haven't seen him play in nearly a year.

But like I said, I could be way off on this one, I haven't watched every match of every tournament in the last year. Was just under the impression that Shroomed had permanently hung up his black lab coat.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Plup is definetly second to M2k with Sheik. Not tying though.

Top Bottom