• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best player(s) for every character.(28.08.15)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
M2K definitely has the best Sheik .He 6-0'd Plup at SnS. His Sheik is much better. I agree that Plup's sheik is extremely good, but nothing compared to Mew2King. You could probably mention MacD as well for Peach. Although MacD isn't nearly as good, he's still a great Peach player. At SSC and PAX he played very well. As far as Marth I think it's very close between PPMD and M2K. They've gone back and forth. PP might be better right now, but it's close. M2K is at least better on FD. Also, M2K's fox may better than Leffen's once he gets his hand healed. He beat him in game one at PAX with Fox dittoes, and he SD'd twice. I know it was just once and only a single game, but still, it may be something to consider. Armada's Fox is definitely the best right now in my opinion. Just my two cents, I know some of my opinions can be unpopular. Feel free to criticize.
Let me know when m2k beats leffen and mango's foxes in the same day with sheik.

He's fully capable but "much better" is a stretch and the head to head doesn't matter that much.

Last edited:

Happenin' Falcon

Smash Rookie
Let me know when m2k beats leffen and mango's foxes in the same day with sheik.

He's fully capable but "much better" is a stretch and the head to head doesn't matter that much.
I love Plup, don't get me wrong, he just doesn't have the experience Jason has. He definitely has the 2nd best sheik, I'll give you that much. His Samus is amazing, though. Nevertheless, I think we'll be seeing another Return of the King soon. Jason looked pretty dominant at PAX, and he hasn't practiced much at all recently with his hand. Still, we'll see how he does playing against the rest of the gods.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Yeah I question this too. HBox recently did a top 10 on his stream, and he put Plup over M2K because although M2K may beat Plup in the ditto, M2K is not going to be beating Mango or Leffen any time soon. So basically, M2K might win the head to head but Plup has the better potential to actually take tournaments. A lot of people were upset by that opinion, but I think it makes perfect sense.
I stand corrected

Although I guess I don't know how much Sheik he used

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yeah I question this too. HBox recently did a top 10 on his stream, and he put Plup over M2K because although M2K may beat Plup in the ditto, M2K is not going to be beating Mango or Leffen any time soon. So basically, M2K might win the head to head but Plup has the better potential to actually take tournaments. A lot of people were upset by that opinion, but I think it makes perfect sense.
Ouch yea d00der this is why it's not wise to ever make such bold statements. M2K's 6-0 destruction on Leffen @ PAX was the complete opposite of this.

The top players are Humans and so are the Gods, their skill and performance comes and goes.

Last edited:

Happenin' Falcon

Smash Rookie
Ouch yea d00der this is why it's not wise to ever make such bold statements. M2K's 6-0 destruction on Leffen @ PAX was the complete opposite of this.

The top players are Humans and so are the Gods, their skill and performance comes and goes.
Yeah, I agree.Plup'scareer didn't even start until 2012, and he's never won a big tournament. Meanwhile, M2K got his first major win in 2007 and has won countless tournaments since. You really can't compare them.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
During the Bladewise vs M2K hand-warmers....

Vish - "Mew2King was running train on us earlier, it was hard just to not get 3 stocked"
Leffen - ಠ_ಠ .......

Vish - haha what?....c'mon man it's not that easy for us...
Leffen - I meannnnn....it's hard for me to NOT 3 stock Mew2King :smirk:

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

RIP in PEACE
LEFFEN​
1994 - 2015
0 - 6
:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
So the fact that Bizz isn't the Ganon king makes me upset. Sure he lost to Kage but mirror matches means that one player is better at that matchup. Bizz has shown dozens of times why he is an amazing Ganon.

As for a really weak argument, Bizz has a GRSmash video

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Bizz losing to Kage isn't even a factor really, and I don't think anyone who is smart enough to evaluate a player's skill would consider it that heavily. Dittos rarely mean anything unless it's a very common MU that will occur in top 16 situations a lot (e.g. Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco dittos).

Kage just flat out has better results since the dawn of competitive Melee, and still gets similar results.

Bizz doesn't play to win, he plays for the people. It would seem that this isn't a popularity contest (judging by the other entries), so I would think all that matters is results and technical proficiency. In those 2 aspects there are actually more Ganons (even lesser known ones) that outperform Bizz.

Last edited:

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
I can def see Blea being third best, sounds like you're sleeping on him tho. Blea is better vs floaties imo and certain spacies' playstyles. The ditto as well, not that it matters.
I'm a Luigi main, I love Blea and he's definitely third, but there's no way he could beat Hax's Falcon in his prime or take multiple games off of Mango's Falco.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Westballz loses to Luigis everywhere fairly often, hell, Westballz loses fairly often.
But your anecdotal "evidence" stands? Lol.

The less a player travels, the more ignorant the masses are to their skill/achievements.

Blea has had some really close MM's with PPMD's falco FYI, but oh yeah, only tournament sets count right? :smash:

Also weston is still the best Falco in the world that doesn't dual main. Playing down his level is comical. Spare yourself.

Last edited:

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Blea has had some really close MM's with PPMD's falco FYI, but oh yeah, only tournament sets count right? :smash:
Of course only tournament sets count. Being able to stay composed in a truly competitive environment is part of being a skilled player.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Of course only tournament sets count. Being able to stay composed in a truly competitive environment is part of being a skilled player.
MM's and serious matches count to me. But since there's no way to gauge seriousness I'll really only count sober MM's. Sorry but if you lose a MM there's no johns, you chose to accept.

Last edited:

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Placings look great on paper, don't they?

http://youtu.be/6POvfsHZ0uw
so chudat beat laudandus, silentwolf (who btw almost beat armada that day), westzballz, and hugs in 1 day alone. Then, takes mango to 1 stock in both games to almost advance passed 7th. Yea placings aren't everything, but chudat's bracket wasn't anywhere close to a cakewalk.

edit: sorry for double post. didn't see the other reply til a few minutes after I replied.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Lol @ people who think Bizzaro is the best Ganondorf just because he styles on people.
Based on tournament results, Kage and probably Eikelmann are both better than he is.

As for what matches should count when considering skill, I agree with @ -ACE- -ACE- that MMs and serious friendlies should count. Obviously not as much as a big tournament match, but it definitely still deserves recognition.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Bizz did just have a killer comeback on fly last weekend. I think he's got his drive back!

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I love Bizz. Regardless of his perceived skill he's a great role model for Melee; always about having fun, somehow comes off extremely respectable/humble while at the same time having WWE levels of disrespect and showmanship, and he has a deep passion for the game (you can see him getting choked up when he loses a set he really wanted to win).

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I love Bizz. Regardless of his perceived skill he's a great role model for Melee; always about having fun, somehow comes off extremely respectable/humble while at the same time having WWE levels of disrespect and showmanship, and he has a deep passion for the game (you can see him getting choked up when he loses a set he really wanted to win).
Oh absolutely, I couldn't agree enough. Bizz is one of my favorite smashers. However, that doesn't necessarily make him any better.
Bizz did just have a kill comeback on fly last weekend. I think he's got his drive back!
I hope so, he's a great player to watch!

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
I don't get it, you said no IC's but Chu has made top eight at Evo, but Wobbles got second at 2013
i said after everyone figured out how to play ics at top level, chu has been the only one to make it to top 8 evo. Wobbles made it to evo top 8 and got second, but the top players really didn't fully understand how to play ics yet at that level.

Topic of ganondorf: kage 5-0ed bizz. nuf said.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
i said after everyone figured out how to play ics at top level, chu has been the only one to make it to top 8 evo. Wobbles made it to evo top 8 and got second, but the top players really didn't fully understand how to play ics yet at that level.
Lmao what are you talking about? Chudat pretty much made ICs what they are today a long time ago, so to say that top players didn't understand ICs is simply incorrect. And then Wobbles came along and made them even better, and did even better.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Lmao what are you talking about? Chudat pretty much made ICs what they are today a long time ago, so to say that top players didn't understand ICs is simply incorrect. And then Wobbles came along and made them even better, and did even better.
chudat made ics viable, but wobbles took them to the higher level of play. However, after the top players found out how to play against them when they are that good, ics haven't made it to top 8 evo since then....except for.......you guessed it. CHUDAT

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
chudat made ics viable, but wobbles took them to the higher level of play. However, after the top players found out how to play against them when they are that good, ics haven't made it to top 8 evo since then....except for.......you guessed it. CHUDAT
Wobbles made it to evo top 8 and got second
And that was in 2013, people definitely knew how to play against ICs then
Also Chu got 8th. 2nd is a bigger deal

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Um Chudat got fifth at Evo 2007, IC's have been a threat for as long as Evo has had Melee.

And besides, Chudat doesn't have consistent placings. Nintendude and Wobbles and Fly probably have better overall placings, it's just Chu had one breakout tournament that created a lot of buzz. At SmashCon Chu lost to Mike Haze. That's not consistent top level play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom