• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bell Tolls for Prince Sable in Smash Ultimate?!?! (In Search of New Thread Owner)

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or is the quality of those ripped spirit art darker than usual?

I faced the Richard fight this afternoon. As soon as I saw him in World of Light, I immediately wanted him, got him, and instantly leveled up him to Lvl. 100.

At this point, it does not look like there will be any songs from the game, which is a big letdown, considering that even Goku's game got musical representation. :(
It is darker, actually! I've noticed a lot of spirits, if not all, are darker than the actual art. Unsure why.

Nice job getting Richard!

Yeah, I was pretty let down by that, as well, considering some songs could be remixed pretty well. I guess none of the composers working on this were inspired by this game. :< Wish there was a bit more music variety in general, but I'm not all around dissatisfied.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or is the quality of those ripped spirit art darker than usual?

I faced the Richard fight this afternoon. As soon as I saw him in World of Light, I immediately wanted him, got him, and instantly leveled up him to Lvl. 100.

At this point, it does not look like there will be any songs from the game, which is a big letdown, considering that even Goku's game got musical representation. :(
It is darker, actually! I've noticed a lot of spirits, if not all, are darker than the actual art. Unsure why.

Nice job getting Richard!

Yeah, I was pretty let down by that, as well, considering some songs could be remixed pretty well. I guess none of the composers working on this were inspired by this game. :< Wish there was a bit more music variety in general, but I'm not all around dissatisfied.
Yeah, I imagine the darkened artwork of almost every Spirit was simply a side effect of Nintendo having to sort of 'refresh' the artwork of such obscure IPs. Nice getting Prince Richard, BTW!

Say, have you gotten the Spirits of Prince Sable and his various forms, and does Prince Sable appear in WoL? Also, semi-unrelated question, but is the title of Prince Sable's game translated to English, or does Smash Ultimate keep the JP title?

Speaking of music, I was at least hoping for a Game Boy medley theme (where this game's main theme was included), like how there was a Famicom Medley theme...

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I imagine the darkened artwork of almost every Spirit was simply a side effect of Nintendo having to sort of 'refresh' the artwork of such obscure IPs. Nice getting Prince Richard, BTW!

Say, have you gotten the Spirits of Prince Sable and his various forms, and does Prince Sable appear in WoL? Also, semi-unrelated question, but is the title of Prince Sable's game translated to English, or does Smash Ultimate keep the JP title?

Speaking of music, I was at least hoping for a Game Boy medley theme (where this game's main theme was included), like how there was a Famicom Medley theme...
I know this is SUPER late, but I just got the game! So the series name is listed as Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru. And the Frog and Snake spirit are in Spirits Mode, but I haven't seen normal Sable yet.

And a gameboy medley theme would be awesome, the main theme would fit right into a medley like that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know this is SUPER late, but I just got the game! So the series name is listed as Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru. And the Frog and Snake spirit are in Spirits Mode, but I haven't seen normal Sable yet.

And a Game Boy medley theme would be awesome, the main theme would fit right into a medley like that.
Oh, don't worry! At least someone responded!

By the way, I may as well let you (and everyone else, for that matter) know this now... it seems that the Spirit of Prince Sable can ONLY be acquired by enhancing the Spirit of his Frog and Snake forms (which appear as a sort of 2-in-1 Spirit, no less).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just today I got Sable’s Spirit. I left the Frog and Snake Spirit in the gym yesterday and forgot about it, so now I got our boy (also enhanced Ray and Donbe & Hikari, and maxed out Geno)

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Oh, don't worry! At least someone responded!

By the way, I may as well let you (and everyone else, for that matter) know this now... it seems that the Spirit of Prince Sable can ONLY be acquired by enhancing the Spirit of his Frog and Snake forms (which appear as a sort of 2-in-1 Spirit, no less).
Thanks for letting me know! I figured he'd only be upgradeable from the Frog and Snake spirit, but wasn't sure. :]

Just today I got Sable’s Spirit. I left the Frog and Snake Spirit in the gym yesterday and forgot about it, so now I got our boy (also enhanced Ray and Donbe & Hikari, and maxed out Geno)
That's great! I haven't really been using my gyms, lol. I should level up more of my spirits!

Maraich

Smash Rookie
I love the thought of adding more retro characters into Smash. Count me in!
The transformation mechanic in the game would make an interesting fighter in Smash Bros.
I also love the thought of Richard being a possible echo fighter for Prince Sablé.

Maraich

Smash Rookie
I love the thought of adding more retro characters into Smash. Count me in!
The transformation mechanic in the game would make an interesting fighter in Smash Bros.
I also love the thought of Richard being a possible echo fighter for Prince Sablé.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So a Link's Awakening remake is in development, which means Prince Richard could likely return again, with a new musical composition of Richard's Villa.

You think this remake will encourage the development of a 3D remake of For the Frog the Bell Tolls?

Last edited:

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
I hope so! Richard has to be in the remake (Kanalet Castle was shown, and there was a bell marking on it? Not sure if that's absolute, but the bell is awfully suspicious...), and with that comes exposure to the character, and people getting curious in the game he is from.

I'd suspect something like an Oracle game remake is more likely, but it'd be really cool if they decided to remake Ftftbt instead! Excited to see whatever Ftftbt content can come from this, anyway.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Ooh, I hadn't thought about Link's Awakening possibly paving the way to a For the Frogs remake. I don't care much for the LA remake by itself but seeing FtF finally in English officially would be fantastic.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We have a potential engine already set for a remake, therefore making it somewhat of a budget title.

I say it’s not impossible.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

I am leaving sometime in late March or early April.

I think Nebelung Nebelung would suit the thread owner role the best IMO.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

It's too bad to see you go, but I wish you good luck with your goals! It's always great to follow one's dreams.

Nebelung

Smash Cadet

That is somber to hear, Bluepikmin11! But it is also very nice to hear that you have a clear goal ahead of you that you wish to focus on. I wish you the best!

That is very humbling to hear, also! I'm unsure if I'm qualified for the position, and haven't been particularly active on Smashboards as a whole, but if no one else wishes to take up the mantle I would be happy to take over to the best of my ability.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That is somber to hear, Bluepikmin11! But it is also very nice to hear that you have a clear goal ahead of you that you wish to focus on. I wish you the best!

That is very humbling to hear, also! I'm unsure if I'm qualified for the position, and haven't been particularly active on Smashboards as a whole, but if no one else wishes to take up the mantle I would be happy to take over to the best of my ability.
Just DM the mods, and they'll help you become the thread owner. Being a thread owner won't be hard, especially with Smashboards being quiet these days.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What's his final smash gonna be like?
There's a lot of possibilities. The sword from the end of the game, the mammoth, Richard's army turned frogmen. My personal favorite idea is the miner gang following you around and beating people up on contact.

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Just DM the mods, and they'll help you become the thread owner. Being a thread owner won't be hard, especially with Smashboards being quiet these days.
Okay! Do you know which moderator I should contact in particular?

What's his final smash gonna be like?
I don't work on the game, so I don't know! Hopefully it won't be something boring like the Prince slashing with his sword, though. I'd like it to be something from the game, like the giant robot from the final boss fight, as opposed to something more original to Smash.

I do feel like a lot of the options for his final smash is him calling upon someone else to do the work for him, though... which is kind of fitting, if contradictory to his character development!

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Hello! Sorry for the double post, but it's been about a month, so I figure it is okay!

Anyway, a friend and I recently made a For the Frog the Bell Tolls Discord! :) It's kinda small and isn't getting much traction, but I figure it could be a good place to bring together fans of the game. Plus, with Link's Awakening coming out, there's at least some upcoming stuff to chat about!

discord.gg/5s7B2RV

I figure I can also plug my Sable4Smash twitter account, which I try to keep up on! I mostly reblog fanart there but I like to post some original stuff, too.

https://twitter.com/Sable4Smash

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I am going to leave tonight, so I figured I would post here one last time.

Thank you smashkirby smashkirby Nebelung Nebelung GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Lisbon Mapping Lisbon Mapping for frequently discussing For the Frog the Bell Tolls, developments with FTFTBT's fanbase, and Sable's moveset potential with me.

I am so glad that I managed to give FTFTBT a new set of fans over the years from Smash 4 to Smash Ultimate speculation.

I dearly hope that Intelligent Systems revives the IP one day. I want to see the fanbase for this franchise grow bigger.

You guys take care. Keep loving Sable and For the Frog the Bell Tolls for me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I am going to leave tonight, so I figured I would post here one last time.

Thank you smashkirby smashkirby Nebelung Nebelung GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Lisbon Mapping Lisbon Mapping for frequently discussing For the Frog the Bell Tolls, developments with FTFTBT's fanbase, and Sable's moveset potential with me.

I am so glad that I managed to give FTFTBT a new set of fans over the years from Smash 4 to Smash Ultimate speculation.

I dearly hope that Intelligent Systems revives the IP one day. I want to see the fanbase for this franchise grow bigger.

You guys take care. Keep loving Sable and For the Frog the Bell Tolls for me.
Well, it's been nice knowing you, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . I really want to thank you for making the Prince Sable for Smash thread. Your thread, combined with the little prince himself appearing (in physical form, no less!) in Smash really rekindled my love for the little guy. Good luck to you and everything you do from here on out!

Emelie

Smash Cadet
Even if Prince Richard has little to no chance to make it into Smash it is still amazing that he has made and still makes so many cameos. I think I own at least four games on my Switch and Wii U in which he is referenced in which is pretty good for a minor character from a Japan-only game released the same year that I was born.

What is even more amazing is that these cameos aren't there because they are trying to promote something or sell you a fresh new product but because of Nintendo's genuine love for the character. I think Smash misses this nowadays because there is so much focus on what is popular right now and promoting new games.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
But eclair only looks ugly in hjer disguise Right?
Its her personality thats Crap not the Looks if this where the Case than Sable wouldnt be in This "stuation"

Hm how would a sequel work im pretty sure it would feture some sort of Actual combat maybe how Tingles Rosy Ruupeeland did it? would be funny if in this game there would be Link in a House with the Zelda Main Theme and Richard would break the 4th wall and said he appeard in his Dreams

Top Bottom