• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beauty of Ultra Beasts - Pheromosa

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pheromosa

Introduction
Pheromosa is a Pokemon from the 7th generation of the Pokemon franchise. It is classified as an Ultra Beast, which is a brand new Pokemon category in the franchise.

In the Pokemon franchise, Pheromosa is a Bug/Fighting-type, who strongly excels on offense and speed, while having poor defenses. It is exclusive to Pokemon Moon, while its counterpart, Buzzwole, is exclusive to Pokemon Sun.

Why Pheromosa?
The 7th generation doesn't have too many choices for a possible new Pokemon representative, or at least any that would be different from the Pokemon veterans. The Ultra Beasts do offer something more interesting to try out, especially with their unique ability, Beast Boost. However, of all the Ultra Beasts that exist, Pheromosa and Buzzwole seem to be the best possible choices for playable contenders.

How would Pheromosa work?
Pheromosa would be like a glass cannon, much like in the Pokemon franchise. It would be a super fast fighter who outspeeds practically everyone, except Sonic the Hedgehog and Wario-Man. It would also be very lightweight, which adds to the glass cannon archetype. As for Pheromosa's height, it would rival Palutena's height.

In regards to Pheromosa's moveset, it would primarily focus on leg-based attacks. For some ideas on how that would work out, here are some examples...

Standard Attack - Triple Kick: Pheromosa would perform up to three kicks. The first two kicks have fixed knockback, while the third kick's knockback increases as opponents take damage. The third kick's knockback is on the strong side, as it would start to make KOs on Mario once his current damage goes over 150%.

Down Tilt - Low Sweep: Pheromosa does a low kick that has a high chance of tripping opponents who get hit. Its knockback isn't very impressive, but it can be repeatedly spammed with very little ending lag.

Down Special - High Jump Kick: Pheromosa dives down with its leg extended to damage opponents. It deals high damage and knockback, but Pheromosa will take 10% damage if it comes into contact with the ground. When used on the ground, Pheromosa will jump before executing the attack.

As for the Final Smash...

Final Smash - Beast Boost: Pheromosa's attacks will have their damage multiplied by 1.5x, and it becomes impervious to flinching for 20 seconds. Pheromosa also becomes immune to grab attacks, but it will still take damage. An aura will surround Pheromosa to let players know that Beast Boost is in effect. Once the aura vanishes, Pheromosa returns to normal.

As for Pheromosa's attributes, here are my personal thoughts...
  • Walk Initial Velocity: 0.2
  • Walk Acceleration: 0.1
  • Walk Speed: 1.45
  • Traction: 0.04
  • Dash Initial Velocity: 2.5
  • Dash Acceleration 1: 0.15
  • Dash Acceleration 2: 0.04
  • Run Speed: 3.25
  • Jump Height: 51
  • Hop Height: 17.5
  • Air Jump Height: 51
  • Air Acceleration: 0.08
  • Air Deceleration: 0.05
  • Air Speed: 1.25
  • Air Friction: 0.01
  • Gravity: 0.18
  • Falling Speed: 1.85
  • Gravity 2: 0.01
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.96
  • Weight: 80
Moveset Contributions
This section is reserved for those who have made moveset contributions for Pheromosa. It will be updated whenever possible.

Other Notes
Be sure to follow the forum rules, and keep all discussions civil. If you have any contributions to show, you're free to contribute them right here.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The 7th generation doesn't exactly have very many choices for a possible new Pokemon representative, or at least any that are different from the other Pokemon veterans. The Ultra Beasts pretty much offer something more interesting to try out, especially with their unique ability, Beast Boost. However, Pheromosa and Buzzwole are pretty much the only Ultra Beasts who could potentially work as playable characters.

wat
Nothing against Pheromosa btw, but that statement just doesn't make sense to me. Every generation of Pokemon has dozens of choices that could offer something unique to bring to the table. Picking from those many choices is no easy task of course, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say no other Gen 7 Pokemon could offer something that would stand out among the other Pokemon characters. Even among the remaining Ultra Beasts, you could still do plenty with Xurkitree, Kartana, Nihilego, etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When compared to Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Incineroar, and Mimikyu, Pokémon from the seventh generation who IMO have a reasonable shot, I can't see Pheromosa getting in.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I can't really see Pheromosa getting a slot at all; however I wouldn't count her out entirely when it comes to joining Smash.

Herself as a playable character is something I really cannot see, but if the Smash port included extra content like new items and stages (as well as newcomers) I can see them including her in a Beast Ball, which would be a new form of Pokeball. Heck, maybe if they included a new stage from the Sun/Moon game she, along with the other Ultra Beasts can be Stage Hazards or make various appearances on said stage. That would be the only way I can see her belonging in Smash sadly enough.

She would probably have a better chance in Pokken Tournament.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
While it might be on the unlikely side of things, I'll still support it for being such a neat idea and moveset potential.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Out of all the Ultra Beasts, this one has the most potential for a moveset in Smash in my opinion. I could see it happen alongside the other popular picks like Eevee and Decidueye.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ok now that's a Pokémon that I support. I know that chances are really low, and I hope to at least see it in a Pokéball, but just imagine how it would stand out compared to the other pokémons.

+ Bug type. So much potential of uniqueness with this.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'm expecting a seventh-gen Pokemon in this game. I'm not going to try and guess which one of the many Pokemon could possibly make the cut, but if it was up to me, it'd be Pheromosa. Sign me up as a supporter!

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Hey who’s to say a whole generation needs to be represented by one fighter right? Pheromosa could represent the Ultra Beasts and be a really cool rush down character with a variety of kicks in her moveset.

Count me as a supporter!

Top Bottom