• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beautiful Beast: Pheromosa/UB-02 Beauty (with a "twist")

Thoughts about the cockroach queen?

• She deserves a unique moveset

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a Bayonetta clone? (Read below)

• Gimme a different Sun/Moon Pokemon!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
DISCLAIMER: Before responding to what I'm about to suggest, please note that although I'm not a fan of Bayonetta personally, and I'm still a little salty that she won the smash ballot, I don't want this to be an anti-Bayo thread or any type of suggestion that she won't be in the new games. As much as I dislike where she comes from, even I have to admit that Bayonetta's concept and moveset is amazing and she is one of the coolest characters to watch in tournaments.

Pokemon needs at least one Sun and Moon rep - idk how popular the Ultra Beasts are but 01 and the 02s were pretty hyped in the previews. An easy way to get an extra Pokemon in there (not saying the only Sun/Moon mon by the way) would be to make Pheromosa basically a palette swap of Bayonetta.

Here's my reasoning. Nintendo probably wants to keep Smash 4 as an E10+ game on the Switch to remain consistent and not get into a scuffle with parents. Bayonetta, despite how popular she is, probably has to remain DLC-only for this reason. Between the nature of her games, however toned down they may be, and the name of at least one of the songs on the Umbra Clock Tower stage (Let's Hit The Climax), the ESRB could bump this up to T. I'm not sure exactly how the rating system works (there's that "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" stuff at the beginning of a lot of games), but worth noting that in the Final Smash Direct they had a "this content has not been rated yet but might be rated T" at the very beginning.

So how can they make it so everybody, whether they buy the DLC or not, can use this amazing playstyle? By palette swapping her with another character, and Pheromosa seems like the closest fit. Instead of the Wicked Weave, when Pheromosa charges for a smash attack a portal from Ultra Space could open and a giant Buzzwole arm could come out instead of Madame Butterfly. For the final smash it could either be changed slightly (since Smash Balls aren't used in tournament) or simply put Guzzlord over Gomorrah. I'm still not sure how to work around the guns but I'm sure they could come up with something. A lot of Pokemon have moves in Smash Bros that they don't get in their home games so maybe they could give her Bullet Seed....I miss Ivysaur :p

In addition, if they wanted to put a port of Umbra Clock Tower in they could just make it Ultra Space. Its chaotic nature seems easy to swap in and out.

If anyone here thinks of a better moveset for Pheromosa feel free to add it :) Again, I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Bayonetta or anything, I just think this could be something Nintendo might realistically do. I remember speaking with a Nintendo rep and him saying that because of the M-rating they didn't pretend Bayonetta 2 didn't exist on the Wii U, but they didn't promote them very heavily either, at least in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom