• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beach House 8 - 7/12 - Michigan - 64 entrants

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
The Beach House 8 - Feat. Vaccine, KJH
July 12th, 2014
Howell, Michigan

https://www.facebook.com/events/723286294413897/
Wow, what a tournament! This was the biggest Beach House yet with 64 singles entrants and 20 teams. Huge thanks to everyone that helped out, you guys are what help to make these great events. You guys continue to impress me and are what allow me to continue to learn and improve these tournaments!

The Beach House 8
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Vaccine
$160.00
2nd
KJH
$64.00
3rd
Ryejew
$44.80
4th
Beach
$28.80
5th
Blake
$11.20
5th
DarkLouis
$11.20
7th
Hellsing
7th
Zbet
9th
NIKE | DRE
9th
MB Smash
9th
General Heinz
9th
Roki
13th
GG | 2shadez
13th
BertEast
13th
Severest
13th
Machete
17th
Toadster
17th
Fatz
17th
Rasto
17th
The Oak
17th
Identity Crisis
17th
Kinglit
17th
Nutsack
17th
Montross
25th
Mules
25th
Jono
25th
BigPoppa
25th
Russ
25th
GG | XP
25th
Napkin
25th
Butch G
25th
Treetz

Singles Full Results - 64 entrants - $10 entry
1st: Vaccine
2nd: KJH
3rd: Ryejew
4th: SonuvaBeach
5th: Blake
5th: DarkLouis
7th: Hellsing
7th: Zbet
9th: NIKE | DRE
9th: MB Smash
9th: General Heinz
9th: Roki
13th: GG | 2shadez
13th: BertEast
13th: Severest
13th: Machete
17th: Toadster
17th: Fatz
17th: Rasto
17th: The Oak
17th: Identity Crisis
17th: Kinglit
17th: Nutsack
17th: Montross
25th: Mules
25th: Jono
25th: BigPoppa
25th: Russ
25th: GG | XP
25th: Napkin
25th: Butch G
25th: Treetz
33: Will
33: Daschmied
33: HyperCrasher
33: LRG
33: Prism
33: Scumpy
33: Chicken Chaser
33: Sasha
41: Rosey
41: Maitland
41: Tang it Rell
41: Jorb
41: Turbo
41: ProfMcguck
41: Xtrooper
41: rodohk
49: Wittig
49: Floxion
49: HeartStrings
49: Klub
49: Oscrguydude
49: Jac
49: Ace
49: Lange
57: Bandit
57: Moonpuncher
57: Neato
57: Fendrick Lamar
57: Mr Toad
57: Wolololo
57: GodSlyr
57: Rugr0
Notable pools results:
Beach > Roki
Hellsing > Oak
MB-Smash > Hellsing
Oak > MB-Smash
General Heinz > Dre
Dark Louis > Dre
Butch G > zBet

Melee Doubles - 20 teams - $5 entry
1st: kjh/vaccine
2nd: SonuvaBeach/Blake
3rd: MB-Smash/DarkLouis
4th: The Oak/ Severest
5th: Montross/NIKE l Dre
5th: Ryejew/Machete
7th: Hellsing/Fatz
7th: ButchG/Jono
9th: zbet/roki
9th: Toadster/luigimastertae
9th: tang it rell/Klub
9th: Russ/Will
13th: Heartstrings/Lange
13th: jorb/ace
13th: Rugr0/Godslayr
13th: Napkin/Rodohk
17th: Nutsack/GG I XP
17th: Bandit/Floxian
17th: LRG/Oscarguydude
17th: Wololo/Maitland

Specific shoutouts to come in the morning! I apologize for the food being late and the tournament running late, ending at 10:30 p.m. I will make sure that the next one will be back to the usual ways with no issues. Thanks to those who brought setups, chairs, helped clean up, and everyone who helped in any way! See you guys at an even better Beach House 9. Below are the links to some of the regional groups, make sure to join and follow them if you're interested in attending more and being more active in the community.
Michigan Melee
MSU Smash
West Michigan Smash
NEOH/PA Melee
Chicago-Land Melee

Last edited:

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
This tournament was stacked! Thanks Beach for providing the venue, and the pizza!

Shoutouts to Ryejew for Banjo Kazooie talk and taking 3rd.
Shoutouts to Heinz for showing up and kicking moderate ass.
Shoutouts to zbet for putting me out of bracket again. I need to play with ya'll in Portage.
Shoutouts to Sasha and everyone the wanted to mm me, despite me not actually having money.
Final shoutouts to everyone who came. Michigan has a lot of good people that I didn't know about, and it came clear that I definitely need to start practicing a lot more

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to y'all eating all the pizza before someone got even one of their three slices #6slicemagee

Mulelish

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to 2shadez, Blake, and Toadster for some fun pool sets (Toadster MM? =D ).

Also doubles grand finals was hype as ****, that 2v1 comeback from James was sick.

Thanks for the great tourny Beach!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Dubs:
MB-Smash: We make an AMAZING team. Our synergy was great in some key matches and we had moments where we carried each other. Let's keep it going and scare tm and 1der at Shatter. ;)
Team Bleach: GG's. We should've closed it out game 4. :shaker:

Singles:
Turbo: Your Zelda's sick. Almost came out with the upset, man.
General Heinz: I like your Falcon. Very patient.
Dre: Good sets. Your gimp game is very solid.
Hellsing: It's been so long since we've played. 'Gratz on top 8.
Ryejew: Looks like you upset quite a few people. Gettin' that PR spot!
zbet & Oak: Congrats on beating MB-Smash!
Beach: Fun tournament! I will return to the next Beach House if I can.
Russ: You've got an awesome Marth. Scared me so bad when you were ahead game 1. Hope to see you at future tournaments!
Bert: Thanks for the Puff friendlies. Wish we could've gotten more in.
Kinglit: Solid Peach!

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
yo this tourney was mad fun. always a treat to kick it with some of the coolest people around for a day and just play a bunch of melee.

also was a nice improvement for me after my laughable performance at midland LOL

first time i've done proper shoutouts in a while so i'ma go hard

vaccine for not getting too riled up about everyone referring to him as a venereal disease all day. promise to stick to your new tag from now on.

kjh for a really fun set in winners. it was a concise defeat but i feel i've improved a level where i grasp a lot better the reasons why i'm losing, so it was exciting to play you and be able to appreciate just how far you've come as a player too. looking forward to our next set.

rye for hanging out all day and talking some srs theorybros. mad props for taking 3rd man. i feel you've come a long way mentally as a player and were especially able to overcome your shortcomings that day and most of all face YOURSELF and put up an amazing fight. had to root for my homey at the time but your set vs. blake was clean and i'm disappointed i missed your set vs. beach. keep it up!

beach for running the best house tourneys michigan has ever seen. we never seem to play though and i need to make a point of changing that, because i need hella experience in the matchup and need to take it seriously and really try to learn. looking forward to the next installment as always.

blake for bringing the hype to EL as usual and just in general always being supportive. you tell me the things i least want to hear but most NEED to hear, and i think every smasher needs that. as for you, i'm sure you'll take home the gold next time ;)

darklouis for representing toledo hardcore. ours was one of the most enjoyable tourney sets i've probably ever had. and the compliment means a lot to me, because on the whole i consider myself a very impatient and impulsive player and have been trying hard to change that, so i'm glad you thought i played at least somewhat admirably in that respect. i'll be ten times as patient next time!

hellsing for proving undeniably to me that patience is what i need above all. with just a few impulsive choices i gave you the opportunity to open me up several times, and your punish game was so on point that just a few was all you needed. i was disappointed to lose, especially what i consider to be my best MU, but i'm comfortable in the knowledge that i simply got outplayed and just have to remember that i know how to be patient and WAIT for those grabs so that next time i can do it. ggs as always dude, we need to play more.

zbet for scrubbing out to gamero then proving he can still wreck everyone's **** in losers :p and for driving. and like blake, your moral support is more important than you know. you two have challenged the gentlemen's club to reach heights that would never have been possible if we hadn't started playing together, and for that me and rh1thmz and AF owe you a lot.

dre for an INTENSE pools set. you wrecked my **** game 2 and i had to really give it my all game 3. always glad to see you come out for the OG msu crew hype lol. also out of curiosity, why did you ban yoshi's against me rather than dreamland? i know you mentioned you were considering switching chars--were you trying to bait me into picking dreamland? just curious. either way ggs, hope we play again.

roki for putting up with that 6slicemagee bull****. a lesser man would have rightfully gone on a rampage lol. always good to see you dude, hope we play next time.

2shadez for being...2shadez lol. and good **** beating brayden. good thing that **** wasn't recorded cuz i don't even know what it would look like LMAO. keep going strong with the club next year man, they really need you. you've improved immensely in the short time you've been playing, so just keep it up.

berteast for giving me that puff practice early in the day and honestly reading my ballz off LOL. i only kept my mouth shut cuz i was salty haha. you've gotten ridiculously better and if andrew has improved anywhere near as much as you then the mattawan crew could become a legitimate force in the near future. don't you give up, and don't you let him give up! i didn't get him obsessed with smash for nothing lol.

severest for ggs in losers. i don't wanna say ggs because you'll wanna say bgs lol, but if you would just ****ing WOBBLE me when wobbling is LEGAL then maybe you could convert on like the four grabs that i gave you in our set. i know the MU is bad, but i've honestly seen you pull off **** with ICs that make me sure that you're much better than how you played in our set and i wanna see you really go for it. alternatively, CP falco and don't sideb off the stage LOL

toadster for the dk hype. didn't get to play but you wrecked me the night before at miles's so it's probably better that way :p always good to chill with an old smash mentor of mine.

fatz for ggs first round. you definitely have a more aggressive style for a puff, similar to miles, but i think if you improved your ground game that strategy would work a lot better, esp vs falcon who can just wreck you with uairs as soon as you leave the ground. i'm telling you just crouch > rest everything it works every time ;( (like not really but it's so ****ing scary)

rasto for driving bert! we didn't play or talk much but thanks for doing that cuz the mattawan crew really has potential and it's nice to see them get a chance to show it like this. hope andrew can join in the future.

the oak for...well, you remember what happened miles :p

montross for just coming out. you're a real nice guy and i enjoyed our last round of falcon dittos, so hopefully we'll play more.

jono for being THE homey and letting me use his housemate's EXCELLENT controller for the day even when he had to leave earlier. i can't thank you enough man, that was super awesome of you. it's these kinds of acts of generosity that make me just cry manly tears of joy when i think about the smash community and mi melee in particular. hope we get to actually play a few games next time.

russ for bustin out the zelda on me in pools. gotta get that practice somehow if i'ma beat cosmo someday :p

xp for chillin out all day. always good to see you mike, kick blue's ass for me if he ****s up with that girl from family video LOL

butchg for forfeiting for whatever reason and making the bracket a whole lot more free because of it :p good **** vs zbet too, that **** was so close. hope we play next time.

and finally shoutouts to prism for playing a shockingly good marth against me in pools for someone who has only ever practiced on dolphin O.O keep practicing man and you'll be a threat in no time.

anyway sorry that was all ****ing long and drawn out, especially for all you folks who wouldn't have read it anyway :p i guess in-depth shoutouts are sort of pointless when you know most of the attendees fairly well, since most of what was said has already been said, but for this tourney in particular i wanted to thank some people and give credit where credit was due because i had a great time and felt it was a big learning experience for me at a time when i had previously been in quite the slump. not to mention, like...after what happened with goatcat, i always want you guys to know that you're all my homeys even though we might only know each other through melee, and that i appreciate all the positive vibes that you all give me and want to extend my own support in return. this community is really something special and has done a lot for me in a lot of ways, and all you guys are amongst the most respectable, trustworthy people i know (except 6slicemagee--that guy is a ****ing douche).

it wasn't the most stacked tourney michigan's ever seen, but it was hella hype and i'm really looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom