• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beach House 7 Results - 5/4 - Michigan - 58 entrants

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
The Beach House 7 - Michigan Melee Circuit Event #1
May 3rd, 2014
Howell, Michigan

What a great tournament! I want to start out by thanking everyone who attended and everyone who helped out. You guys brought in over 20 setups and we had 58 singles entrants! The community has come so far and I'm pretty proud and really thankful for you all. I definitely learned a lot from hosting this one and will be prepared to host even better events in the future now. There's talk of an even bigger better venue. Details to come.

Now for the shoutouts to all those that helped make this tournament a success. Huge thanks to those below. Also, I keep finding out things people did to help that I wasn't even aware of, so if I miss you I apologize but thank you for your help! Means a lot.

The Stream Team (Roki, 401k, Ant) - For doing an amazing job (I think) running the stream all day. You guys provided something that I can't even think about worrying about and did a really good job. Thanks a ton.
Rob (Juggleguy) - for help in spots where I needed it such as making pools balanced extremely fast, for helping make sure things ran well, and for aiding me with answers to any questions I had. Thanks man, definitely would've been tough without you.
Miles (The Oak)- Thanks for carrying the pop and keeping the water full all day and just managing a ton of things in general. You were very self-sufficient and did so much. Greatly appreciated. and good work in bracket, keep it up man
Sam (Severest) - For a ton of help as well whenever I needed it such as writing the pool sheets, setting up setups, and staying on top of pools
Brayden - for keeping the fire going all day!
TangitRell/Rawrimonster - for arriving early and helping me set up. You guys really helped me to start on time and I appreciate it. Without you I would've been running all over even more
Duck/Moose - if you guys helped making pools, I appreciate it!
Richard (BuddyJoker) - for marinating chicken the night before and spending an hour cooking it. Thanks a lot man, that was reallly good and helpful
Facebook Dominic - for running the challonge and finding people and helping push things along without even being asked to do so.
Unsung Challonge/Stream heroes - to everyone that pushed the bracket, updated the bracket, and updated the stream! I don't know who you all are, but thanks
Matt - for bringing 10+ chairs which REALLY helped.
& to everyone that brought a setup that allowed this tournament to be the success it was. The setups are just as important as any TOing I can ever do, and I saw some of you walking with GIANT TV's all around . That was awesome, thanks guys!

The Beach House 7
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Duck
$192.00
2nd
Kalamazhu
$96.00
3rd
moose
$32.00
4th
Juggleguy
5th
SonuvaBeach
5th
KJH
7th
Blake
7th
Ray Quaza
9th
Ginger
9th
1der
9th
Hellsing
9th
tm
13th
Roki
13th
Zbet
13th
Severest
13th
DDRboi007
17th
Hova
17th
Scotu
17th
Tran
17th
Solo
17th
Montross
17th
Fatz
17th
The Oak
17th
Identity Crisis
25th
D++
25th
Artificial Flavor
25th
Enigma
25th
LuigiMasterTae
25th
Treetz
25th
25th
Ant
25th
Rh1thmz

Singles Full Results - 58 entrants - $10 entry
1st: Duck
2nd: Kalamazhu
3rd: moose
4th: Juggleguy
5th: SonuvaBeach
5th: KJH
7th: Blake
7th: Ray Quaza
9th: Ginger
9th: 1der
9th: Hellsing
9th: tm
13th: Roki
13th: zBet
13th: Severest
13th: DDRboi007
17th: Hova
17th: Scotu
17th: Tran
17th: Solo
17th: Montross
17th: Fatz
17th: The Oak
17th: Identity Crisis
25th: D++
25th: Artificial Flavor
25th: Enigma
25th: LuigiMasterTae
25th: Treetz
25th: 401k
25th: Ant
25th: Rh1thmz
33: Napkin
33: GoatCat
33: Turbo
33: RawriMaMonster
33: MaitLand
33: RabitHabits
33: Egg
33: Rasto
41: XP
41: PizzaWeinasaur
41: Tang It Rell
41: Nutsack
41: BigDadMan
41: Jace
41: Klub
41: Mordicon
49: Rodohk
49: Veggies
49: Hamer
49: Paper
49: Facebook Dominic
49: Hess
49: Fendrick Lamar
57: SHF
57: BeanieBaby

Doubles Results - 15 teams - $5 entry
1: Shady/Kalamazhu (Shady/Kalamazhu)
2: DuckDuckMoose (Duck/Moose)
3: KJBEACH (KJH/BEACH)
4: A Ray of Hellsing (Ray/Hellsing)
5: Solo/BuddyJoker
5: Ginger/Tran (Ginger/Tran)
7: SeverOak (Severest/Oak)
7: GoatCat/Fatz (GoatCat/Fatz)
9: Ant++ (D + /ANt)
9: TangItRell/RawriMaMonster (TangItRell/RawriMaMonster)
9: Jace/Pizza (Jace/Pizza)
9: XP/401K (XP/401K)
13: Treetz/Identity Crisis (Treetz/Identity Crisis)
13: Egg/Rodohk (Egg/Rodohk)
13: HamerTae (Hamer/Tae)

I'll post specific shoutouts later today or tomorrow! Thanks again everyone and see you at the next event! Below are the links to some of the regional groups, make sure to join and follow them if you're interested in attending more and being more active in the community.
Michigan Melee
MSU Smash
West Michigan Smash
NEOH/PA Melee
Chicago-Land Melee

Last edited:

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to everyone I played friendlies with and the better players who gave advice, I had a lotta fun and learned a lotta the stuff I was doing wrong. I hope I can improve by next time I play people. Hopefully me and rell will be a better team next time as well, we got a lot to work on. I'll definitely try to get out to more MI tournaments from now on.

Specific shoutouts though

Josh and his family for hosting a great tournament, you're awesome.

Juggle: It was really great talking to you about the community and such. Also playin rell as much as you did will just give him good experience so i'm happy for that, cuz he's my training partner as of last week. Hoping to get him better fast.

Hellsing: Thanks for the MU advice.

TJ: We had a lotta fun friendlies, MOAR YOSHI DITTOS!

Luigi master: The low tier mu's were fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom