ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'll be on the boards I mod: Greninja, King DeDeDe, Lucina, Marth, Megaman, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda, adding Meta Knight to the list when if he gets revealed.

Competitively tho, Greninja and Rosalina aren't filling my expectations, maybe I'll just hang there and infract people.

Shaya

「chase you」 
GRimer
Rankings Team
NNID
ShayaJP
I may still not post this publicly yet, I don't know if I can dedicate the time/love I intended for this thread at the moment, but I really wanted to get this "out there" in some capacity so it's progression isn't all waiting on me. Hopefully people can prepare responses (I'll be passing this draft to multiple private places). For those who don't know what this is/about, I'll be trying to host weekly discussions in the general areas with an iron fist moderation policy (I will literally ban people until someone higher up tells me not to if they continue to try to **** up the thread(s) when asked not to participate).

~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening, good afternoon, good morning, good night, good evening (in that order)

Welcome to Super Smash Interesting where we delve into some of the scarier or more engaging topics that haunt the competitive scene. I am Shaya, your host, judge, jury and executioner. Assisting me this evening are former and current backroomers alike, such as @Overswarm and @Ishieymoro; I may have sold my soul for their patronage, please respect them just as much as I do! :D

I have specific goals to this thread and if they're successful will lead to multiple others. I will act by any means available to me to maintain the standards I expect in this thread. By posting in this thread you agree to accept and respect my decisions and understand the intent of this thread to not contain generic or otherwise poor posts. Multiple attempts at wording what I/others will do leaves much to be desired, but hopefully it'll become obvious as we progress.

These discussions intend to be educational and posts which are most prized are ones that do not express opinions but rather acknowledges issues, considers mutiple sides/perspectives and the varied advantages/disadvantages to solutions ("objectivity"). If you fear you cannot contribute with these notions in mind, you should not post.

<Purposely left Blank>​

Topics will be aimed to last one week, and hopefully conclusions can be drawn/summarised. Helping/contributing positively to these topics in anyway will be looked at with admiration.

The theme for these threads will concern "The Beginning of Smash 4 Competitively".
Discussion #1 - "How we play Smash Competitively"
Things of relevance: Singles, doubles, set structure, tournament formats, winning conditions.
Things which should not be covered (yet): Characters, Stages, Player conduct

Feel free to privately forward any questions or comments. If you are uncertain/lack confidence I want it to be known that I wish to promote a culture of individuals being responsible for privately discussing with anyone their comments (within reason), I'm sure many would be more than glad to clarify anything they've said.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
GRimer
Rankings Team
NNID
ShayaJP
I was thinking of tagging maybe up to 4 people each topic perhaps. Different people for each thread~
They can perhaps have permission to give a personal introduction or something.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm totally ready for the topics we'll inevitably have to discuss.

Discussion #10 - "Is Bowser Really That Good, Or Are We Just Bad?"

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Can we just get a quick sticky on every board for videos, MUs, General, and Social thread?

Otherwise we get 15 per board.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I might be willing to participate in some stuff too, though I don't know how much I can take from these kids :D

Kel

Smash Master
I want to play Sonic, but he seems just as bad/ not fun as he was in Brawl. Even if Sonic was bad, but at least fun, I would play him. But he's just not fun to play at all. All of his moves feel like Rob's Nair.

I get most excited about Rosalina and Mac. I don't have a particular affinity for either of these characters but they're fresh and seem like a lot of fun. Mac is gonna be able to have the hardest of reads ever with moves like Jolt Haymaker and his OHKO. Rosalina looks like a sleeper character that has tons of potential. At the same time, I really wanna play Mega Man because he means just as much to my childhood as Sonic did. Mega Man doesn't seem like a bad character, but his moves aren't anything particularly new and exciting.

Most people are gonna play the newcomers when the game first comes out. It's just how things are. Later, other characters will filter in.

Also, how Hype are Mac dittos gonna be? Getting the first KO will be huge as Mac's KO meter resets upon death. If you can take a stock off the opponent without dying, get a couple of hits on him, and then hit with the OHKO, you essentially gain two stocks advantage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
GRimer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I had an interest in Sonic until I realized I actually just wanted another Sheik.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you didn't brave through 2004-2007, then you've never had an interest in Sonic. :applejack:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
GRimer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
On actual Sonic games I'm still not a fan of 3D gameplay lol. I think I get more enjoyment out if Generations 3DS than console.

Kel

Smash Master
Speaking of Sheik, she looks like Melee Sheik in smash 4.

Also, Generations was the first acceptable Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

Edit: I'm not sure if Colors was after Generations, but that wasn't bad either.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
GRimer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Colors was so slow. : \

I just really like the whole process of finding better routes through a stage, then playing it over and over to optimize the entire run, repeat. And managing Boost the whole time. 3D gameplay under that sort of approach just feels messy to me, though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The only Sonic games past Adventure 2 I didn't like at all were Sonic 2006, and I like that now too cause the speedrun is hilarious to watch with all the game-breaking glitches - plus it had Omega as playable and I like Silver (sans visual design).
And Sonic Chronicles. That one was just awful.
Beyond that, I was able to enjoy every Sonic game I played. Granted I haven't played any new ones, except for the kart racers, since the one that was before Unleashed or Black Knights (whichever came first).

Last edited:

Cassio

Smash Master
Last post on this account, Ive been wanting to switch to my older Tagxy account for awhile since I cant combine them, so thisll finally give me the chance. Also I like that Im right below 3000 posts, lol
Also:
Which one of you anti-ban folks wants to volunteer to tell Overswarm he was right?
No, and actually I'm a bit bothered with the strawmen created by certain strong pro-ban advocates on the position. The only thing Ill say is I have supported regions that want him banned to do so, as I know some have. Otherwise I dont feel its worth getting into now, but at some point I might write something publicly as a sort of "why I was against a blanket ban" sort of thing, since it seems to confuse people and comes up often enough (admittedly most anti-banners either had bad reasons or communicated them poorly).

Funny though. I talk to casual smashers frequently and the only thing they know about competitive brawl was MK being banned, which consequently was something advertised greatly in many gaming news sites and articles outside smashboards. Reminded me how important advertisement like that is, which Brawl did a bad job of compared to say PM's dev team which certainly assisted them greatly.

@ Shaya Shaya Pikachu and Little Mac for me. Maybe more once I play them.
@ Marc Marc I do plan to get the 3DS + Wii U game first day, and am very willing to write up on it. Feel like Ive already been doing a lot of that on the sm4sh boards.

Last edited:

Marc

Relic of the Past
GRimer
Europe has still never had an MK problem moreso than a Marth problem. I also still feel you are delusional if you think that Brawl's sudden death in the US was due to MK rather than Brawl not being picked up by MLG/EVO + American top players jumping ship + PM gaining momentum + the US scene being extremely negative/cancerous.

I'll make the room read-only for a few days before archival. The people who expressed interest in working on SSB4 content have been noted. I'll see you on the other side. :)

Top Bottom