• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bayonetta "I was wrong" thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was wrong

But Ben doing some thinking

I'm glad I was wrong

She looks fun and I am believing if she's the most voted for she is a loved character.

Thank you sakurai

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
i didn't really want her as a character because i don't like her as a character, but i never thought she didn't have a chance. that being said, i thought sakurai wanted the game to be kid friendly or whatnot. although he did call smash 4 a competitive game to maybe things are changing

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Exactly. Ryu is the second Capcom rep. Granted, Bayonetta's a weird category, since the publisher was Sega for the first game and Nintendo for the second, so if you think about it, Bayonetta's more of a second party character.
Actually Sega does still own her IP, so she's still 3rd party.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Huh? When did he say he hated smash? There were too many fans that asked if Bayo would be in the next smash game, he eventually got fed up and started blocking people who ask him about it. Here's the tweet he made when Bayo was announced.

As for my doubts, it was mainly guns and maturity, especially the latter. Kinda worries me how folks will react to her inclusion, but we'll cross those waters when we get there.
I like your Stan pic, very mature
Just her guns, really. Especially after everything they did to my raygun.

She's definitely giving Samus a run for her money when it comes to hottest lady in Smash... Guess they'll just have to... SETTLE IT
They don't need to settle an already won war. Bayo is the Best In The World(insert CM Punk references everywhere)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think she's fine.... though her final smash may scare young children
Based on the seductive look on her face in her official artwork and the fact that she's still pretty sexualized despite being toned down, I doubt any parents are going to let their young kids see Bayonetta in Smash.

Unless they're one of those parents who don't care about what their child sees and buys their 11-year-old the new Call of Duty game just because they wanted it.

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
I thought this would never happen but goes to show you anything possible

Also what shocking is how viable she looks

High tier for sure.

BB_Quest

Smash Rookie
I didn't think I wanted her, and I didn't think it would happen, but then I saw the trailer and realized how wrong I was on both those fronts.

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
No one can possibly know how good she might be, tier list placings, match up ratios, etc. until people have had some time to play the character.

Regardless, I'm super surprised to see her in smash. I used my solo vote on her, but I really did think it was a longshot due to her sexuality, guns, etc. Now I'm thinking the most non-pg part about her inclusion is her final smash. That thing chomps.

Maining her whether she's s-tier or garbage. Can't be worse than zelda.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Bayonetta's existence was a wicked (No pun intended) swerve. Good job on Sakurai and Kamiya (Reluctantly, I'd believe) for letting the European voters' wishes come true, among others.

And if she has enough surprises for me to care...

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Actually Sega does still own her IP, so she's still 3rd party.
Ah, alright. I didn't know the situation for that since Bayonetta 2 was published by Nintendo. But if Sega still holds the rights, I guess she's the second Sega character along with Sonic.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Good job on Sakurai and Kamiya (Reluctantly, I'd believe) for letting the European voters' wishes come true, among others.
I doubt it was reluctant on Kamiya's part. He was fully open to the idea of Bayonetta in Smash Bros, he just hated when people asked him about it.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I didn't think Bayonetta would be possible for Smash because many people considered her too lewd and inappropriate for a Nintendo game as well as using guns. There was also that thing about Tharja's trophy being removed as well as something that had to do with Palutena to fit the rating. However, that doesn't matter anymore. Congratulations to Bayonetta fans for winning the Ballot! It must be a huge honor. I really look forward to playing as her in a couple of months!

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Is it bad I never considered the lewdness and guns the problem?

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Is it bad I never considered the lewdness and guns the problem?
I honestly didn't. When it came down to it, I just thought that her inclusion would make the game a T rating (and seeing the ratings at the start of the trailer, I might not be wrong), but I didn't think that harmed her chances.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Huh? When did he say he hated smash? There were too many fans that asked if Bayo would be in the next smash game, he eventually got fed up and started blocking people who ask him about it. Here's the tweet he made when Bayo was announced.

As for my doubts, it was mainly guns and maturity, especially the latter. Kinda worries me how folks will react to her inclusion, but we'll cross those waters when we get there.
He posted a few tweets before he started blocking people saying he hated the game, usually in regards to being asked what character he liked in it.

And if you note in that tweet, he's still insulting his fans that also like smash. Kinda defeats the purpose of saying you love them if you insult them at the same time.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
He posted a few tweets before he started blocking people saying he hated the game, usually in regards to being asked what character he liked in it.

And if you note in that tweet, he's still insulting his fans that also like smash. Kinda defeats the purpose of saying you love them if you insult them at the same time.
He's just angry that people have been asking him the same bloody questions too many times.

Give the man some space when he asks for it. He's as happy as anyone else.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
He's just angry that people have been asking him the same bloody questions too many times.

Give the man some space when he asks for it. He's as happy as anyone else.
Kamiya is a known asshole. He's constantly blocking people for stupid stuff and implying that he has carnal knowledge of their mothers.

He's an asshole that can make good games, but an asshole none the less.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
As a huge platinum fan, I found it hard to get my hopes up, even with Bayo 2 on Wii U. I was certain that (especially in the west), sex being considered more mature than violence would keep her out.

Very shocked and pleased that merely toning down the nudity and swearing made her possible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd be annoyed to if I was in Kamiyu's position

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Again, I thought she wouldn't make it in due to the guns. But damn, I was so surprised.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I advocated against Bayo for awhile here, so I guess I should speak up.

I just didn't think it would happen because, in addition to the nudity/gun thing, I didn't think Bayonetta was a big enough franchise to warrant an inclusion in Smash Bros. Every other third party in Smash has been a highly iconic gaming mascot of sorts, ranging from Pac-Man to even Solid Snake. As good as Bayonetta's games are, in terms of impact and fame, they're kind of small time in comparison to Sonic The Hedgehog, Final Fantasy, and so on.

But, I do understand why she got in, and that being because she was apparently the most realistic popular choice from the ballot. Quite frankly I didn't even know they were gonna take that thing seriously at all lol. But I digress. Overall, congrats to the Bayonetta fans out there. She wouldn't of been my first pick but she does look really fun and interesting, and sometimes I guess that's all that matters.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Bayonetta was the original pipe dream character for me. I thought she would be perfect for Smash, but thought her guns and sexual nature would hold her back.

I'm so glad I was wrong. Bayonetta looks so much fun and I can't wait to play as her. The stage and music is what has also gotten me excited. I'm so glad this ballot happeed. :)

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Based on the seductive look on her face in her official artwork and the fact that she's still pretty sexualized despite being toned down, I doubt any parents are going to let their young kids see Bayonetta in Smash.

Unless they're one of those parents who don't care about what their child sees and buys their 11-year-old the new Call of Duty game just because they wanted it.
"Okay little Timmy. You can pick any character you want, except Bayonetta. We don't allow Bayonetta in our household!"

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As a huge platinum fan, I found it hard to get my hopes up, even with Bayo 2 on Wii U. I was certain that (especially in the west), sex being considered more mature than violence would keep her out.
As someone who tried to study as much as possible the ESRB, PEGI and CERO ratings even before the release of the game, I think that ESRB would be the "toughest" rating for Bayonetta's inclusion, while PEGI would be totally okay.

I mean, PEGI once rated one Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball game with a "12+" rating... :awesome:

David Viran

Smash Lord
As someone who tried to study as much as possible the ESRB, PEGI and CERO ratings even before the release of the game, I think that ESRB would be the "toughest" rating for Bayonetta's inclusion, while PEGI would be totally okay.

I mean, PEGI once rated one Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball game with a "12+" rating... :awesome:
Didn't at the beginning of the smash direct it said the ratings are RP - T? Smash is rated E10+ and the direct was only smash. Can they just change the rating like that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't expect her but I also wasn't against her being included and think she looks cool now that she is here.

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
She came right outta left field for me, I honestly did not see it coming at all :p

I'll admit, I've never played a Bayonetta game. So I'm not quite used to her and don't know much about her really. Here's hoping I can warm up to her in Smash!

Top Bottom