• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
It's not that bad, I had to stop midway because of phone call (sorry about that).

If you're still up for it, I can join your room.
Sorry, i'm playing with someone else now.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Anyone up for some dittos? I feel bad asking people to spend their time with a ****ty player but oh well.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's good to be confident with Ganon, but Bizzaro's beeing a bit too confident in those games - wiffing stuff here and there.
It worked out good in the first game, but the Peach-player adapted to it as the match kept going.
Nontheless, it was a pretty enjoyable set.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
User name: Zhouten
In-Game name: Zhouten/Wario
3DS Friend Code: 1907-9439-1280
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Zhouten
Country of Residence: Florida, US
Palette Colour: Original

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Anyone up for Dittos sometime later today (past 8:00 central)?
Also I found this. It does contain profanity but the description sums it up pretty well.
"Some times Ganondorf is stupid."

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
8 AM or PM? All that is still confusing to me. Oh well I'm free right now for around 1h30-2h.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
8 AM or PM? All that is still confusing to me. Oh well I'm free right now for around 1h30-2h.
Most of us I would assume probably mean 8PM, given the average gamer tends to hate waking up early in the morning.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for Dittos sometime later today (past 8:00 central)?
Also I found this. It does contain profanity but the description sums it up pretty well.
"Some times Ganondorf is stupid."
I could play later. But which console? And are customs allowed?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Anyone want some matches? Feel like playing some different people.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm terrible at 3DS. But I could give it a shot. My Friend code's 0920-2859-0176.
It's your call. If you feel like you won't be able to perform the way you'd like and therefore won't have a whole lot of fun, you're by no means obligated. :p

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It's your call. If you feel like you won't be able to perform the way you'd like and therefore won't have a whole lot of fun, you're by no means obligated. :p
I guess I'm not as bad as I think I am, but I'm not as good as on Wii U. You'll wreck me either way, so I might as well give it a shot and get some pointers.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Fair enough, sir.

I'll get a room up in a minute.

Edit: K, it's up. My tag's Bridger.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You can call me Shulk because I'm really feeling that beating. Any advice you can give?

Haha. GGs, Heavy!

But yes, I think there're a few things I have for you that might help a bit.

Your strengths:

-Good at mixing up your recoveries/jumps and general movement
-In general, you have good awareness of your own movement
-Your spacing is good, too.

As for the blindspots that could use some work, the biggest things I was able to snag you on were when you attacked my shield, I was able to keep you in your shield so I could land with empty jump > grab, and your punishes sometimes came out too late. In essence, I think shieldind/dealing with shields would be a good area of focus right now. I noticed you started using Aerudo and grabbing more in our latter matches, so I'm guessing you picked up on this as well. :p

Next most important would be getting in in general. Most movements you made were paired with offense, which let me reliably predict when to PS, etc. You don't <have> to play passive-aggressive as Ganon, but in my opinion, it's one of the better MOs as him. You may have noticed I did a lot of empty movement, which is generally good for Ganon. You did, too, but a majority of the time, you were on the offense, e.g. if I saw you running away from me, I generally knew a flame choke was coming, so I ran away then punished. This made it so I didn't have to guess what you were doing, but generally knew. That's why passive movement is really important as Ganon, since it obliged the opponent to act one way or the other, and once you get a handle on their pattern, you can appropriately capitalize.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that making the most out of your hits is a good place to keep an eye out for, too. For instance, you got me with a lot of DTilts, but I was able to generally get away after only one hit. So, I suppose you could call that area working on set-ups.

Anyway, hopefully that's at least somewhat helpful. GGs, again, dude!

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I will make a room if you dont mind.
Joining now

I will make a room if you dont mind.
Crikey, King of Murder I have no idea what's with me today. I usually have no problems with 3ds controls but today... argh. Petty excuses aside, you have some very good ledge reads and you use Wizard's Dropkick + Flame Choke really well. Good games!

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
GGs. I think we're pretty evenly matched. You do know more about Ganon's customs than I do. I usually wind up playing half customs on, half off. You're good though.
Edit: How about more matches later once replay sharing goes live? Many combo video highlights could be made.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
GGs. I think we're pretty evenly matched. You do know more about Ganon's customs than I do. I usually wind up playing half customs on, half off. You're good though.
Edit: How about more matches later once replay sharing goes live? Many combo video highlights could be made.
Good Games Heavy! We are fairly evenly matched, so the only advice I can really give is to use U-air offstage more and vary your defense a bit more.

U-air is basically Ganon's big bad aerial trump card. It's a great way to force an airdodge, which you can land a D-air on.

You were shielding a lot, and that allowed me to get a lot of grabs in and to use safe-on-block moves a lot. Use jumps, jab, spotdodge, rolls, running away and pivoting, anything.

With that said, you yourself are very good at punishing defensive options. I generally had a hard time getting momentum back once I lost it since I just couldn't get back into neutral. It wasn't necessarily chains or combos, I just couldn't get a defense against you.

Last edited:

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Hey Ganondorf mains, I've made a for-glory highlight video with Ganondorf. (As such, the opponent skill varies immensly.) I tried to branch out a little from some of the other combo videos I've seen, where I could, so hopefully you see some things you've never seen before. I had a fun time making it, and I think you'll enjoy it!

mgleed

Last edited:
Top Bottom