• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

link2702

Smash Champion
well well well i think i might of actually ran into someone here....

a red kirby, me, a jigglypuff and some random lucas.

i caught out of the corner of my eye i belive it was the red kirby mashing the shield button constantly at the start(both the jiggly and the kirby weren't attacking me, everyone just kinda ganged up on the lucas while i glide tossed fans all over the place.)....so i very well might of ran into someone here...

kaazers

Smash Master
Now we're tapping the shield button? I think other players will just copy it out of play…Coincidentally, met a Dark Toon Link (who later stayed Red) who did that after one round of friendlies on BB…I copied him, lol. Sadly, he left after getting a few rounds of CPUs AND two new players. Caught him again on Skyworld just that next round but he quit instantly.

Also... WHO IS THIS BLACK MARTH? He's flashy and likes showing off -- mainly DACITs, Pivot Walks, going under Temple in every conceivable manner, doing this weird thing against walls and floors where he looks like he's falling, and Shieldbreaker'ing/nairing/DBing in a flashy manner among other things. He also never switches from black Marth. I think I saw him switch to Tan Ike once, but it was only for one round. I don't care about finding someone like that normally, but I've seen him about 5 times now. Five.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
well well well i think i might of actually ran into someone here....

a red kirby, me, a jigglypuff and some random lucas.

i caught out of the corner of my eye i belive it was the red kirby mashing the shield button constantly at the start(both the jiggly and the kirby weren't attacking me, everyone just kinda ganged up on the lucas while i glide tossed fans all over the place.)....so i very well might of ran into someone here...
Um... that red Kirby was me, yeah. xD I was just messing around the whole time. Lmao. You must've been the black Pit, then. Good job tearing that green Pit a new one. Was an entertaining watch. Rofl.

link2702

Smash Champion
well well well i guess we found a system that works. :p

that green pit was annoying, i had several matches before hand against him <.< item infested ike fests, despite my best efforts he was winning a lot then, sometimes the ikes, all because they weren't so much as fighting as just running constantly for the items, meanwhile it seemed i was getting screwed over every time as far as the itmes were concerned, i got a goldeen TWICE in a ROW from the pokeballs, meanwhile he got a deoxy's and an ike happened to knock me into it.

it was nice to finally get away from that and get in a 1v1 against him, no gimmicks, no others getting in the way, and soon as it happened i'm sure i destroyed that cocky attitude of his real quick.

anyway, i think actually using this shield idea might be good, but instead of giving everyone a set number, just make it a few quick presses on the shield; give everyone set numbers and some will be so large that eventually the others in basic brawl might think this is some new fad or something(in a way it "kinda" is....) as long as we see the constant shield drop and put up a few times we'll know its someone from here.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
well well well i guess we found a system that works. :p

that green pit was annoying, i had several matches before hand against him <.< item infested ike fests, despite my best efforts he was winning a lot then, sometimes the ikes, all because they weren't so much as fighting as just running constantly for the items, meanwhile it seemed i was getting screwed over every time as far as the itmes were concerned, i got a goldeen TWICE in a ROW from the pokeballs, meanwhile he got a deoxy's and an ike happened to knock me into it.

it was nice to finally get away from that and get in a 1v1 against him, no gimmicks, no others getting in the way, and soon as it happened i'm sure i destroyed that cocky attitude of his real quick.

anyway, i think actually using this shield idea might be good, but instead of giving everyone a set number, just make it a few quick presses on the shield; give everyone set numbers and some will be so large that eventually the others in basic brawl might think this is some new fad or something(in a way it "kinda" is....) as long as we see the constant shield drop and put up a few times we'll know its someone from here.
Yeah, at first I couldn't tell if you were mad at him from any matches before, or if you just picked him/her out of the three of us to fight (considering he or she was another Pit). Could almost tell you had a personal vendetta against the person, though. Good job walloping him or her, anyway; you can tell the guy was a spammy-ish Pit, too. And that Zelda/Shiek, Pikachu, etc., was hilarious... I'm not entirely sure why, either. Lol. Probably because it's really late and everything's just lulzy for me at this time of night...

Yep. The shielding process should work just fine. And even if I forget to do it some time, you'll probably recognize me when I'm there, anyways. Red is the least likely alt. color you'll ever find a Kirby player using. I hardly ever see any other red kirbys online (though don't automatically assume it's me if you see one—I'm just sayin'...).

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Ikes who short-hop are just as srubby as Snakes constantly using DACUS.

Oh you Ike/Dark Toon Link, why did you have to be in a couples with that wretched Dark Zelda/Red Peach? We could have had a good time.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Now we're tapping the shield button? I think other players will just copy it out of play…Coincidentally, met a Dark Toon Link (who later stayed Red) who did that after one round of friendlies on BB…I copied him, lol. Sadly, he left after getting a few rounds of CPUs AND two new players. Caught him again on Skyworld just that next round but he quit instantly.

Also... WHO IS THIS BLACK MARTH? He's flashy and likes showing off -- mainly DACITs, Pivot Walks, going under Temple in every conceivable manner, doing this weird thing against walls and floors where he looks like he's falling, and Shieldbreaker'ing/nairing/DBing in a flashy manner among other things. He also never switches from black Marth. I think I saw him switch to Tan Ike once, but it was only for one round. I don't care about finding someone like that normally, but I've seen him about 5 times now. Five.
Whoever he is, he's played against me. xD I'd never seen a Marth do that thing with the wall on Temple before I discovered it and started showing it to other Marths. The rest of the description sounds like me too, so maybe one of those other five times it was actually me. It wasn't me this time, though.

And mwahaha my system works. >3

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

I know exactly what your talking about. I ran into that Marth A LOT and he was very flashy and was definitely good at handling any opponent that crashed or tried to fight him. When I play nights I tend to run into him. He enjoyed catching my turnips and watching my ATs also we would allow each other to handle an opponent without interference. We also teamed to take out crashers and a random that just would fight anyone.

:phone:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
I like the backflipping method the most. If I start tapping my shield everyone else follows along.
That's what I was thinking, if you tap shield a lot other people will start tapping shield too. That's when you up tilt. Or if you're Ganon you can up smash, just some sort of waving action.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I think we are going with the shield tap, atleast until something goes wrong. C.kirby already met up with link2702

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Had some Ganon fun with a few FFAers.

Ended a 12-2 epic win.

Reminds me of Blurred Vision or whatever his name was.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Fun team battles to the Marth

I had fun fighting a Marth with my Ganon and other low tiers in Team Battle about half an hour ago. Unfortunately items started creeping in from one of the other players. I know for certain it wasn't you, Marth. I put up with it for a few matches, but then it was ruining the matches. I would like to battle with you again.

link2702

Smash Champion
Wow O_O

i just had the weirdest BB match in history......

after i fnished ****** some folks with meta knight, the next match, i guess one of em had a hack on that let items appear like mad out of nowhere, i mean it was literally raining em at the start of the match, it was on spear pillar.

they were flying out SO much that the game froze

there were like 6 smart bombs going off, 3 hotheads there, 5 assist trophies, etc, eventually there were so many they started to disappear but right after that the game froze.

weirdest hack i've seen in BB so far. O_o

David Wonn

Smash Ace
When none is more and more is less.

^

I wish more people would go with the "or none" part. Then again, maybe some out there are and I just can't tell.

As long as they keep the item rain insanity confined to Basic Brawl, then it's hitting a more appropriate and appreciative audience there. Hopefully some are taking my advice.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought a Snake and Ike/Link yesterday with Wolf/MK. First match, lost by one or two, but proved my power.

Next round, I used my MK. Nothing more needs to be said. 3-1.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman

Im that black marth lmfao

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Wow O_O

i just had the weirdest BB match in history......

after i fnished ****** some folks with meta knight, the next match, i guess one of em had a hack on that let items appear like mad out of nowhere, i mean it was literally raining em at the start of the match, it was on spear pillar.

they were flying out SO much that the game froze

there were like 6 smart bombs going off, 3 hotheads there, 5 assist trophies, etc, eventually there were so many they started to disappear but right after that the game froze.

weirdest hack i've seen in BB so far. O_o
you my friend are not alone. Wonn and i experienced this too. And everything that happened to you happened to me

Zulo

Smash Ace
I got a hacked room today too. Just a MK who sent us to Target Smash 1 a couple times. I think I've seen this MK before, he's actually not annoying.

kaazers

Smash Master
Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. We can finally close the book on this one.

It's so distracting running into you -- if you at all recall a Red/Leopard Print Snake in the last two weeks just standing there staring round after round, it was me. That was the first time I ever saw a Marth FLY using a shell.

x

Green or Black Fox from last night: Remember the friendly one on ones you had with a Red Ike on FD? I'd always jump off at the end of the round to even the score? You, me, Zelda and Sonic were all nice and friendly? Remember, I left after a few rounds? And then a Snake entered the room after that and all three of you attacked him for no reason? Yeah. That was me. Boy did I see the ugly side of you guys, lol.

Also, you were really salty.

For some reason.

They were friendlies.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought with a hacker Snake vs. various ****ty crashers. Eventually tired of the gayness and DC'd.

He was actually a pretty good player.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Playing this really good person right now. We're going roughly even, but he's using many more characters than me so I guess I could say he's better than me. Most of these are awesome 1v1s without much interference except that Luigi who just sneaked a kill on me. >3> Also good stages without lag or items. Awesome.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the DK in TB

Just want to say good games to the DK and others in Team Battle for over an hour just now. It was refreshing having an itemless group at last. I picked a wide variety of characters, with some being more successful than others. Once that bad Sonic player left, then the matches had more balance to them. At one point near the end, the two others picked Captain Falcon, and I joined in as a 3rd one. I was hoping the DK would switch so we'd have an all-Falcon battle, but alas, he never switched once. Anyway, good games everyone.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Anyone notice a giant amount of gay players?

I haven't seen a whole lot for a week or so. Today, one good example was some red and white wolf, extremely gay, total f@gg0t.
At least he got planked a lot.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just now? I may have been in that group, there was a group with a Fox and a spammy Wolf. Oh and I was planking. :3

Don't remember if it was teams or BB but I was on Marth, green if BB.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Oh. I played an Ike 1v1 today once but I guess that wasn't you because I was still Marth.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
busy week

lets see what munchkins we have on tonight

******* red DK and chill red DDD in dis room

staying so hard

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Noobs stop being so noobish.

Jigg's jab1 does not kill and only gives you +3%. But to compensate your +3% you're going to KO me?! GTFO.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Fought alongside a great Fox/Sonic/Mk main. Whether we were ****** ****ty crashers, or just ****** taunters in 2v2s started by Yours Truly, we made a great team and I enjoyed myself. GG's, bro.

P.S. - If you're reading this, I DCd the ****** taunters, who I felt already got their share of ****. LMFAO at those 2v2s.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Have you guys ever had it automatically drop you out of a group without DCing when you said to continue? Yeah, me too.

Have you guys ever had it do that when in a group you didn't really like? Yeah, me neither.

Salt.

Also, ggs to that Kirby/Peach player. Wish I didn't get booted. We made a good team. ;D (In Team Battle)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Anyone notice a giant amount of gay players?

I haven't seen a whole lot for a week or so. Today, one good example was some red and white wolf, extremely gay, total f@gg0t.
At least he got planked a lot.
Mmm, yep... Met up with a group today where I was fighting these two who were gangin' up on me, and when my percentage was down low enough, the third guy, who had been hiding in the corner of Temple the whole time, finally came out just to try and K.O. me alone. >_>

Top Bottom