• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
trolled a good ike

crashed a 3v1 party with an ******* black sonic and a ness that wanted to 1v1.

Sorry but cheap shots are something i dont welcome, espeically final smashes from your friends
You should record yourself actually crashing a 1v3 taunt party and post it as a new vid. Haven't seen one from you in a while, and your videos are quite entertaining, really. :cool: Just a thought.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Thanks, sorry about that.

Back on topic: Today I fought a good black/white Ice Climbers. For some reason the IC's had a couple items on which retracted from the fight and may have chosen some questionable stages, but otherwise he was good. If he's on here I'll definitely fight him again, I was mainly red kirby, but also red marth, olimar, and jiggs (all red).

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
Had some fun with a Fox and C. Falcon who tried to team me, generally with bad consequences. Spammed Lucas' PK fire and thunder especially. The CF had some idea that I was open when using PK thunder, he ran into it every time.

Zulo

Smash Ace
You know how in that thread mentioned earlier, people were saying stuff about going Marth and doing dancing blade to convey FCs? Well while that's a little complicated, I think we should still have some kind of signal that we're from Smashboards. Instead of crouching, maybe tapping shield a few times. Pretty simple and unusual.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
You know how in that thread mentioned earlier, people were saying stuff about going Marth and doing dancing blade to convey FCs? Well while that's a little complicated, I think we should still have some kind of signal that we're from Smashboards. Instead of crouching, maybe tapping shield a few times. Pretty simple and unusual.
Hmmm... You mean like tapping the shield a certain number of times, then pause, to indicate a number in a FC (then repeat the process for the next number)? Taunts could also work (whichever the character's shortest one is). I just imagine it'd be this whole confusing thing, though, if the person giving out the FC accidentally made a mistake or error. Then there should be something made up/designed to mean "start over" (maybe that being the taunt?). Would be a cool idea, nevertheless.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I just mean tapping sheild a few times, then if the person does it in response post here and see who it is. That's why the thread's here lol.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I just mean tapping sheild a few times, then if the person does it in response post here and see who it is. That's why the thread's here lol.
Hey, you gotta admit, though, I had a pretty creative plan going on there (granted, it would've been the harder way of obtaining someone's FC). Lol.

Zulo

Smash Ace
You mean where you're stuck in run animation but aren't moving?

I am so bad at that.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Short hop with backflips
I do this with Ike. Da bess.

RetroX- The point's not to give them your FC, it's to stand out as a frequenter of this thread.

FB71- Everybody short hops. Tapping shield doesn't break it.

I mean you guys can do whatever you want. If you see someone tapping shield at you though, it's me. xD

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Nah I think up tilts would really work best, maybe with down tilts for dashes in the FC?
Yes, lets stale our killing move, which so much of the cast rely on using :glare:

How about we do the edgeguard thing where you just slide down the ledge to grab it a couple times.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Maybe the shield thing is the best method.

Actually, maybe we should assign each person a number:

FB71 - 1
Zulo - 2
David - 3
Personally Dair - 4
Dabreast - 5
AV - 6
FIREL - 7
Dyclone - 8
SZ7 - 9
Darktoon - 11 ( we can't have zeros )
Clownbaby - 12
Retro - 13
Dark E - 14
CaptainK - 15

If I'm missing anyone, LMK.

Assigning a number to each person would be much easier than FCs. Maybe I should make a thread listing these?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Uh. No offense but you guys are over complicating this. The dancing blade thing failed pretty quickly.

Lol @ David Wonn.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713

FB71 - 1
Zulo - 2
David - 3
Personally Dair - 4
Dabreast - 5
AV - 6
FIREL - 7
Dyclone - 8
SZ7 - 9
Clownbaby - 12
Retro - 13
Dark E - 14
CaptainK - 15

Assigning a number to each person would be much easier than FCs. Maybe I should make a thread listing these?
What do these numbers mean if BB/TB.
And whats wrong with my system, most people on BB can't edgeguard for their lives. It would be extremely flashy and we would know that whoever is doing that is pro.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's useless in TB.

Edgeguarding is not flashy.

This is much more practical and easy.

Or, if you object, you could always DACUS count. :troll:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Yes it is flashy, it looks sexy gimping marth.
What do the numbers stand for.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
How many times you flash your shield.

My number fits me perfectly ( #1, of course. )

If people don't get it, pause and do it again/

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
12 taps on the shield? I guess, I'm easy to identify anyway, purple toons are rare.

I think we are just trying to identify smash board members right? so shouldn't it just be a few shield taps for anybody who reads this, then go check the board for a message?

I'm pretty sure this is going to get appropriated by the taunters though, they will think its some new tp signal and it will spread

:phone:

Zulo

Smash Ace
12 taps on the shield? I guess, I'm easy to identify anyway, purple toons are rare.

I think we are just trying to identify smash board members right? so shouldn't it just be a few shield taps for anybody who reads this, then go check the board for a message?

I'm pretty sure this is going to get appropriated by the taunters though, they will think its some new tp signal and it will spread

:phone:
Yes, that's how I meant it when I said it. I'm not memorizing that number thing, if I see you tapping your shield I'll just post in here asking who it was.

Eh maybe. That'd be cool though if we had that much influence. :awesome:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

FB71 - 1
Zulo - 2
David - 3
Personally Dair - 4
Dabreast - 5
AV - 6
FIREL - 7
Dyclone - 8
SZ7 - 9
Clownbaby - 12
Retro - 13
Dark E - 14
CaptainK - 15

Well... of course I get the longest number. Lol.

I kinda like your idea of a thread, though, by the way. Maybe we could each, ourselves, assign a way to show that it's us in a room (and list it in the thread)? Like each of us come up with our own signal. Like, for example, one person's can be "down taunt two times, then side taunt once," etc. I think that'd be a pretty good idea (your shield is fine, too, though; just a thought).

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, it would be like the taunter signal. If you recognize it, repeat it back.

And CK, that would be ****ed over by ****** taunters just spamming.

Zulo

Smash Ace
-20 posts later- Sure that sounds good.

@Dyclone: By tap shield, I mean you press shield for half a second and let go. Not tapping someone else's shield. Just flash your shield a few times.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Well, it would be like the taunter signal. If you recognize it, repeat it back.

And CK, that would be ****ed over by ****** taunters just spamming.
Your probably right, actually. :ohwell: Plus, it'd be easier to forget a signal if everyone had their own. I vote for just tapping your shield five times (goes for everyone).

FIREL

Smash Ace
It's not too hard to recognize me anyways. I'll mostly be FIRELuigi when there are other good players. I'll most likely be doing random crap. Most of the time, it'll be Short Hop Backflip, Airdodge, Turn Around, repeat. Though i could also be Bluchu, Red Toonlink or Black DK.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Yeah, but memorizing stuff like that for everyone who posts here would be even harder than memorizing the number things. Though I could probably recognize some of the most frequent posters by now, there're just too many people to remember /all of you/. Dx

Top Bottom