• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Probably not me.I'm just picking up Toon Link. =P

Also,LOL @ this Arrow spamming Link.What's the matter? Need your girlfriend Zelda and the Ice Climbers just to fight my scrubby TL? That's you get for starting crap. =P

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Also,LOL @ this Arrow spamming Link.What's the matter? Need your girlfriend Zelda and the Ice Climbers just to fight my scrubby TL? That's you get for starting crap. =P
There weren't any IC's or Zelda, and he was throwing more than just arrows, it was bombs, boomerangs and his grapple hook too, while he used aerials and camped by the edge. Once I closed in on him he wasn't too hard to fight though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Successfully crashed a bunch of ****ty players in a FFA. They were all noobs. I don't like to just crash because I know it's a TP, but I was angry because every single TP sucked before this one.

A variety of characters were chosen. Kirby, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Falco, Zelda, etc. And guess what they did? The all used the most ridiculous moves ever that could be spammed. You guys probably knew this already.

After showing off my luxurious skillz wit ROB, they all left.

FIREL

Smash Ace
GGs to this green tl, red yoshi, sonic, falco.
Your toon link is sex.

Too bad we cant get a 1 on 1 going because of the other noobs

link2702

Smash Champion
just trolled a bunch of players using metaknight snake and falco

one match got 11 KO's on the opponenets :troll: they were actually trying.

link2702

Smash Champion
unfortuantly no

DX i also got a funny match last night where i faced a hacker who started as giga bowser, i happened to get the smash ball from him despite his best efforts, and i was link, after i used links' final smash on him, he got stuck in the T stance for the rest of the match, unfortuantly despite my best efforts i couldn't meet or beat the KO score he got on the other two within the remaining time limit.

but man i'm sure he was pissed cuz he was stuck in T stance the whole time and couldn't do anything :troll:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
unfortuantly no

DX i also got a funny match last night where i faced a hacker who started as giga bowser, i happened to get the smash ball from him despite his best efforts, and i was link, after i used links' final smash on him, he got stuck in the T stance for the rest of the match, unfortuantly despite my best efforts i couldn't meet or beat the KO score he got on the other two within the remaining time limit.

but man i'm sure he was pissed cuz he was stuck in T stance the whole time and couldn't do anything :troll:
LMAO. I actually remember that happening with one Giga Bowser hacker I fought before, too, though I don't think he got into the t-stance by Link's final smash, but I could be wrong. I forgot how exactly it happened, but it was hilarious when it did. We all started beating up on his immovable body just for kicks afterward. :troll: Bwa ha ha. And if I can remember correctly, aren't they also stuck like that when the victory screen comes up too? I sorta remember so, anyway.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I always try to appease hackers as much as possible, usually by following them around like a pet, xD.

Or, just put them in t-stance.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was just in a taunt party that was very different. P3 used Ike and Fox. P4 used Fox, Toon link, Lucas, Olimar, Kirby and Zelda. P4 kept fighting every new person that came in to the room. P3 and P4 worked as a team fighting the crashers and did not let me do anything. I didn't mind that they didn't let me fight the crashers because my controller was not working. It kept going up or down with out me moving it. The TP lasted about 2 hours I think. I got bored and decided to end it with the baseball stage. After the first hour and a half, a new player came in that was very good who used Sheik. P4 forced him to do 1 vs 1's. P4 kept losing to him so he got P3 to give him free KO's. I was not able to do fighting with my broken controller so I just watched.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Had an awesome 1vs1 ggs i could tell you knew your spacing way better than me i was a red marth,peach,zelda and i think one time i chose a blue chu but anyway i was sad when you left hope we can go again :)

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The Basic Brawl Friend Finder doesn't work if you don't describe the players, xD.

On a totally unrelated note, found one of the many MKs that seem to be spawning. I taught him it wasn't wise to try to smash spam an Ike.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Wow, some taunters are ********. Seriously. I was just in a room with a Pikachu/Toon Link, a Link, and another Kirby, and the Kirby immediately starts attacking me as soon as the match starts while the other two do that whole "ducking" session thing with each other far off in the corner of Temple, and as I'm obviously protecting myself through self-defense, they come over and act like both of us are the party crashers, when the other Kirby was the one who clearly started it and I was provoked. This isn't the first time this has happened either. I think all of the taunting is getting to their heads... They can't decipher or see what's right or wrong anymore and when someone clearly had something coming to them.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
MuttonBasher and I are the reason this thread exists

Did anyone ever find someone that they played on this thread?
When MuttonBasher described a Team Battle that my Ganon was in, I went out of lurking and signed up for SmashBoards. The original title of this thread included both Basic Brawl and Team Battle, btw.

I would later also run into Zulo as a result of this very thread. It's also possible I have run into others, but I can only 100% confirm the encounters with MuttonBasher and Zulo.

Others have met as a result of this thread as well, so it continues to serve its purpose, even if it only happens on occasion.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I've run into a few people actually, aside from David. That one green Marth, whose name I should remember (Sephy?), and Dark 3nergy at least twice I think. And there's a good chance I've faced a lot of other people here without noticing..

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I am sure I ran into 3 people, Sephy95, AV and someone else within the last month, forgot since he doesn't post here much

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If you haven't looked at it yet, you really need to skip to 8:27 on the first vid. Holy ****, I laughed so much I almost pissed myself.

Poor little noob knew nothing of how hitlag frames, DI, and Momentum Canceling worked, xD.

5:35 second vid: Bad scrub! My KO b***h! Bad scrub! Bad!

global-wolf

Smash Champion
@David Wonn: I'm pretty sure this thread exists because I made a thread on signals to use in basic brawl, then we were all like "nope not gonna work" and Sato made this thread.

If only it existed when I still played team battle a lot :x lol.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Yesterday night I played for over 2 hours with the same Zelda. we just played around with items and such because the same people were in the taunt party again and again. But we made it fun. And then we played friendly 1 on 1 matches. Until some n00b got confused and attacked us, so we double teamed him lmao. That Zelda was really good... It was a blonde one.

Zulo

Smash Ace
If you haven't looked at it yet, you really need to skip to 8:27 on the first vid. Holy ****, I laughed so much I almost pissed myself.

Poor little noob knew nothing of how hitlag frames, DI, and Momentum Canceling worked, xD.

5:35 second vid: Bad scrub! My KO b***h! Bad scrub! Bad!
Actually I do that a lot in sudden death. Hit them with moves/throws I know won't kill, to taunt them. xD

BZ: That would be the best hack ever.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
@David Wonn: I'm pretty sure this thread exists because I made a thread on signals to use in basic brawl, then we were all like "nope not gonna work" and Sato made this thread.

If only it existed when I still played team battle a lot :x lol.
Does the origin really matter that much?

Yesterday night I played for over 2 hours with the same Zelda. we just played around with items and such because the same people were in the taunt party again and again. But we made it fun. And then we played friendly 1 on 1 matches. Until some n00b got confused and attacked us, so we double teamed him lmao. That Zelda was really good... It was a blonde one.
Way too many Zeldas these days... I go ape**** on all that I see, xD.

Just owned a TP with Falco. It was a Ganon, Mario, and Wario, and they all sucked as much as their respective tiers. Won 4-1.

Fought some ****ty Failcon earlier. You could tell he was pretty shocked to get ledge spiked by Sonic's spring. Won 6-1.

Was going to **** a taunter group consisting of Kirby and Pika, but the CPU MK beat me to the task. I just watched him **** them, and occasionally had to kick his *** over to the noobs for another round. LMFAO.

And yes they're old, but BZ asked if anyone had every found someone on this thread.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Perhaps I should have said "partially"

I meant to put in that we were partially the reason for the genesis of this thread. And yes, it did stem from the BB/TB signals thread, as seen from my first link. So you could say there were at least a few of us responsible in making this happen.

Someone should make a hack that does not allow any items in BB.
I would be all for that especially if it could work in Team Battle too. Or at the very least, make only the most useless items spawn, like Goldeens (or better yet, Munchlaxes) from Pokéballs and perhaps Mr. Resetti to "assist." Or maybe make every item the opponents choose turn into Sandbags or something. I just can't stick around item-fests when I want serious matches. My tolerance can be quite low at times regarding overpowered items. I mean, stopwatches... in matches that already lag? That will surely make me disconnect a group.

parrish

Smash Rookie
First In a room with me GREEN DK, a NOOB green Mario and two links, that was funny :awesome:

Second intense match again a green G&W on PictoChat, if these G&W are reading this i would like play a 1 vs 1 match.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Totally just double teamed a Snake with an Ike friend. we had perfect battle chemistry, I don't think we hit each other once. Love matches like these.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
To do that, just duck a few times near the person you want to team up with, and fight the other two people and maybe that person will join you.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I hope y'all appreciate me for my codes I gave. Have fun.

From 2 pages back: maybe you people know this but to get someone out of a T-stance you have to hit them. (It's funnier if you don't.)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
trolled a good ike

crashed a 3v1 party with an ******* black sonic and a ness that wanted to 1v1.

Sorry but cheap shots are something i dont welcome, espeically final smashes from your friends

Top Bottom