• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I liked how the director knowingly chuckled right before confirming. Yay, we're getting new racers! It makes me wonder if Crunch's debut Wrath of Cortex may get rebuilt from the ground up at some point.

Also, I find it ironic that they removed anti-gravity from the CNK tracks, in a time where Mario Kart incorporated it.
I have a feeling it may be a mixture of Wrath of Cortex and Crash Nitro Kart

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The lack of Wrath and Twinsanity music tracks would be a tragedy, considering that their soundtracks are (to my tastes) the best Crash has ever had. In particular, I can single out the Evil Twins' battle theme from Twinsanity as the single best song in the game, but hey if Crash is in beggars can't be choosers.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The MechaBandicoot theme would be ****ing sweet to add into the soundtracks!

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
How would you all feel?

View attachment 204411
Dude, they've gotta add the Warp Room theme from Crash Warped. Its practically Crash's theme song for certain fans.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I'd love for Crash to get a cinematic final smash that takes his opponents to the result screen from Crash1 and have them bombarded with dozens of crates ending with a Nitro crate.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Dude, they've gotta add the Warp Room theme from Crash Warped. Its practically Crash's theme song for certain fans.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I'd love for Crash to get a cinematic final smash that takes his opponents to the result screen from Crash1 and have them bombarded with dozens of crates ending with a Nitro crate.
I was shocked to know that the Warp theme was not the original theme, it's my Crash theme lol.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Dude.

Sakurai’s gotta hier you. That’s brilliant.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I just beat the first Crash game the other day for the first time ever and holy crap I love this series. The first game was hard as hell (Native Fortress and Slippery Climb are the bane of my existence) but it was a total blast.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Some other ideas for Crash's FS:

-Some kind of giant Nitro/TNT chained crate explosion
-"Time Trial Run" - Crash grabs a golden clock and performs a rapid combo of shooting the opponent with his bazooka, sliding into them, tornado spinning into them upwards and jumping off of them, to replicate the experience of doing an extreme time trial run of a Crash level that involves successive skidding, crate bouncing-off-of and tornado spinning across crevices.

Also here's some fanart from a Japanese fan that wants Crash in...

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Crash would make a fun addition to Smash. I support.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

More new skins for Crash, Cortex and Coco! (And no one else.) This time, it's a pre-order bonus for every platform.
Hmmmm, I mean they're neat and all, but it's hard to top the PS1 skins.

Personally I'm hoping we get cameo racers. I want Spyro, or maybe Mario for the Switch version

D

Deleted member

Thinking about these costumes being added to CTR Nitro Fueled, I started asking myself something...

What if we got japanese skins for Crash, Cortex, Coco and Fake Crash?

D

Deleted member

Okay, but would Japan get bonus Western skins in return? That's what I'm unsure about.
Nah.
They are skins for them too. Maybe just with the difference of the skins being unlocked from the start in the japanese version, but not much else.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Thinking about these costumes being added to CTR Nitro Fueled, I started asking myself something...

What if we got japanese skins for Crash, Cortex, Coco and Fake Crash?
Would be nice if we can get them for not just those four. I get CCC are the trios of the series, but sounds like they're ignoring everyone else too

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
If Crash is going to be a playable character, you might as well have items from the Crash universe thrown in too, like the TNT and nitro crates for example. The TNT crate can be jumped on as well as can be thrown but after doing so starts its recognizable countdown before exploding. They also instantly explode upon hitting a player. Nitro crates due to their unstable nature will instantly explode upon a player coming into contact with it. There might also be Aku-Aku and Uka-Uka boxes depending on the character, and breaking one dons players with an Aku-Aku or Uka-Uka mask with temporary invincibility for a short time.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Any chance of Crash and Spyro together as a pack?
Would be a hell of a way for Activision to market its DLC as the best.
Plus, Crash and Spyro are just an inseparable pair.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Considering that DLC is so limited (as far as we know, it's just going to be the six characters that have already been announced - Piranha Plant and the five from the fighter's pass), it doesn't seem likely. With only four spots left, three if you count the leaked character, it seems unrealistic that Activision will get two of them.

Plus, from what I've seen, Crash seems to be significantly more popular than Spyro.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

CTR was my second game. It's a shame that N sanity trilogy almost certainly isn't coming to switch. I would love to play it AND it would be a huge boost in Crash's chances for smash.

Any moveset that doesn't involve the Wumpa bazooka is wrong.

Firstly, I'm a big supporter of Crash.

Secondly, to the person I quoted- I'm just curious how you feel, to have been given the NSane Trilogy?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Considering that DLC is so limited (as far as we know, it's just going to be the six characters that have already been announced - Piranha Plant and the five from the fighter's pass), it doesn't seem likely. With only four spots left, three if you count the leaked character, it seems unrealistic that Activision will get two of them.

Plus, from what I've seen, Crash seems to be significantly more popular than Spyro.
In Japan at least, right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking of DLC, now we know how it works for Ultimate,

We can expect 11 tracks, at least 8 spirit battles and a Kirby hat.

The obvious Kirby hat would be the top of Crash's head but I think the much funnier one would be if he does a Polar cosplay and has Crash's pants on his head.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thinking of DLC, now we know how it works for Ultimate,

We can expect 11 tracks, at least 8 spirit battles and a Kirby hat.

The obvious Kirby hat would be the top of Crash's head but I think the much funnier one would be if he does a Polar cosplay and has Crash's pants on his head.
I feel like the 11 tracks is probably nearing the upper limit, though; Bayonetta got that many in Smash 4, and we could get situations like Cloud where we only get two or three.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Exactly what I would say, except on the limited nature of DLC. I currently am of the opinion we are getting a season 2. Ultimate is on track to be the best selling game on the Switch, with it selling over 12 million units in two months. If only 10% of that install base got the fighters pass, it would make 30 million dollars. That is a lot of money which I feel Nintendo will go for at least for a season 2.

Then again Nintendo does dumb stuff so who knows?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Some interesting news came up today. More info on the deluxe edition of CTR came up and Crunch is back!

crunch.jpg

Here's the tweet for those interested:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Kinda odd to not see N Trance and Velo in there yet then, even though Velos track and MOON are present

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some interesting news came up today. More info on the deluxe edition of CTR came up and Crunch is back!

View attachment 212156

Here's the tweet for those interested:

Also, Zam and Zem.

Not that anyone really asked for them, but they're here, I guess.

How would you all feel?

View attachment 204411
Nearly perfect :p

Needs more Dingodile(Warped) and N Gin(Crash 2) themes though.

Also...please add me to the supporters list!

Crash's wacky personality, frenetic demeanor and style, along with his potential diverse moveset would be a perfect fit for Smash!

Loved Crash 2,3,CTR and liked Twinsanity. Spent a ton of time with those games and have a lot of time for the franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of skins, are the retro PS4 exclusive skins going to stay exclusive or are they timed exclusives?
I think that they will be stuck as PS4 exclusives.

And while I wish I could take both, that is the reason why I can´t decide between the Switch or PS4 version.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think that they will be stuck as PS4 exclusives.

And while I wish I could take both, that is the reason why I can´t decide between the Switch or PS4 version.
I guess it's not the end of the world but it's a bit disappointing.

Seems kinda pointless getting the extra skins with the Oxide edition if you can't get everything eventually.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I got bored so I thought of some Crash related spirit battles. Assume all stages are hazardless:
  • Dr. Cortex: Either Dr. Mario (yellow alt) or Wario (yellow overalls) on Halberd (I couldn't decide which of the two would better represent Cortex). Has a jetpack and a ray gun equipped. [VS. Cortex (Crash 1)]
  • Nitrus Brio: A giant DK (green alt) on Hyrule Castle 64. You first fight some green Kirbys and then a giant green DK appears. [VS. N Brio (Crash 1)]
  • N. Gin: Olimar (grey alt) on Lylat Cruise. A giant R.O.B. appears as his ally and apples will also spawn. Defeat R.O.B. to win. [VS. N Gin (Crash 2)]
  • N. Tropy: Ganondorf (blue skinned alt) on Frigate Orpheon. Timer item has a high chance of spawning. [VS. N Tropy (Crash 3)]
  • Crunch: Incineroar (default alt) on Spear Pillar. POW block, Freezie, Fire flower, and Gust Bellows have a high chance of spawning. [Crunch Time]
  • Rusty Walrus: K. Rool (blue alt) on Summit. Stamina battle where the player has 10% and K. Rool moves very fast and deals extra damage. To win you must stay alive for 1 minute. [Rusty Walrus]
  • Nina Cortex: Isabelle (grey alt) on Luigi's Mansion. Likes to use fishing rod a lot. [Rooftop Rampage]
  • Victor and Moritz: Two small Falcos (blue and green) on Venom. A giant grey Dark Samus appears as an enemy while yellow Dr. Mario (or Wario) and grey Isabelle appear as allies. To win you must defeat Dark Samus but you'll lose if any of your allies are defeated. [VS Evil Twins]

Top Bottom