• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I mean,.. would be kinda random having a Crash spirit or related there, right? any Activision IP would need to be part of Smash at first place. Rayman and the Rabbids at least got games published by Nintendo in the recent memory and Indies like Shantae and Shovel Knight a close relationship with the whole Nindies program..

but speaking about this! I spent my afternoon doing this! This is the hypothetical list of Spirits that Crash could bring with him as DLC fighter

I had to limit myself to reference all the titles in the franchise (barring some minor Mobile titles), so certain characters like Papu Pau didn't make in, but of course, this is just my list.. who knows if DLC are even getting Spirits, right? :p

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Something that I thought about right now is the fact that every dlc fighter will come with new music. I think that's an indicative that all of the characters that are coming might be from new series, which increases Crash's chances a lot

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean,.. would be kinda random having a Crash spirit or related there, right? any Activision IP would need to be part of Smash at first place. Rayman and the Rabbids at least got games published by Nintendo in the recent memory and Indies like Shantae and Shovel Knight a close relationship with the whole Nindies program..

but speaking about this! I spent my afternoon doing this! This is the hypothetical list of Spirits that Crash could bring with him as DLC fighter

I had to limit myself to reference all the titles in the franchise (barring some minor Mobile titles), so certain characters like Papu Pau didn't make in, but of course, this is just my list.. who knows if DLC are even getting Spirits, right? :p
Definitely food for thought. We could get anyone at this point, and depending on the series, this might be the case.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I had a dream which was a trailer of Spyro and Crash being announced for Smash. Spyro was flying breathing fire at Link and Crash was spinning at Mario's shield and managed to break it

D

Deleted member

I had a dream which was a trailer of Spyro and Crash being announced for Smash. Spyro was flying breathing fire at Link and Crash was spinning at Mario's shield and managed to break it
The Crash trailer that i dream with uses a cover of the japanese song for the Crash dance as the background music, and shows Crash arriving from a wormhole riding his motorcycle and wearing the biker costume. He would interrupt Mario and Sonic pulling an Akira on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Something that I thought about right now is the fact that every dlc fighter will come with new music. I think that's an indicative that all of the characters that are coming might be from new series, which increases Crash's chances a lot
on the subject of only new series added through DLC, I'm not really sure if the music selection will be any indicative. A new stage for Fire Emblem, for example (one I'm pretty certain will be part of the DLC selection), most certainly will have music from the game its based on, which weren't still represented in Ultimate.. in this case, I believe that will be the upcoming Three Houses. These tracks probably will also be avaiable in other FE stages, like when they added Corrin in Smash4.

-------------------------

I think we should always bring this thread up to relevancy, even by talking a little bit about other things Crash Bandicoot. I know not everyone got the time to put in practice things like I did to help illustrate Crash's inclusion in Smash, but we should at least show we're here and our demand exists.

So, let me bring a topic then.. what's your favorite character introduced after the Naughty Dog games? Personally, I really like Nina Cortex; she's just a cool addition for the evil side and even before talking in Tag Team (which by the way, I love her voice actress), how she plays in TwinSanity helps a lot to me to like the character.

Crunch is also cool.. he was a bit of the annoying side in The Wrath of Cortex, but after being put in the hero side as their heavyweight/powerhouse, he started becoming a bit more likable.

D

Deleted member

on the subject of only new series added through DLC, I'm not really sure if the music selection will be any indicative. A new stage for Fire Emblem, for example (one I'm pretty certain will be part of the DLC selection), most certainly will have music from the game its based on, which weren't still represented in Ultimate.. in this case, I believe that will be the upcoming Three Houses. These tracks probably will also be avaiable in other FE stages, like when they added Corrin in Smash4.

-------------------------

I think we should always bring this thread up to relevancy, even by talking a little bit about other things Crash Bandicoot. I know not everyone got the time to put in practice things like I did to help illustrate Crash's inclusion in Smash, but we should at least show we're here and our demand exists.

So, let me bring a topic then.. what's your favorite character introduced after the Naughty Dog games? Personally, I really like Nina Cortex; she's just a cool addition for the evil side and even before talking in Tag Team (which by the way, I love her voice actress), how she plays in TwinSanity helps a lot to me to like the character.

Crunch is also cool.. he was a bit of the annoying side in The Wrath of Cortex, but after being put in the hero side as their heavyweight/powerhouse, he started becoming a bit more likable.
I liked N.Trance, Crunch, Nina and the Evil Twins.

I also found the way they handled Fake Crash in N-Tranced for the GBA cool.

D

Deleted member

When I saw that tweet I was overflown by emotions. Aside from having Crash or Spyro in Smash, It's also a personal dream of mine to see a new crossover game between the two that is actually good
At the moment we have a bundle with both remakes available on certain stores.
Maybe it is closer than we could imagine.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I honestly don't mind Crash Purple and Spyro Orange.. they're not great games, for sure, but I think they're harmless compared to other things (the worst Crash game is definitely Crash of the Titans on GBA) and other attemps on the Party genre with Crash (Crash Bash and Boom Bang)...

I think Spyro Orange execution in the HUB world is way weaker than Crash Purple though, for the simply fact that Crash already had a stabilished sidescrolling experience back on the PS1 games that carried over to the Vicarious Visions games, but when comes to Spyro games on GBA, the isometric titles (Season of Ice and Season of Fire) were leagues better than that limited 2D view for him.

and despite liking Crash games way more than Spyro, I'd be down for a traditional platform crossover too (Mario & Sonic also are long overdue)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don't mind those games either, they're just... there.

But I want a good one now

Last edited:

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
The worst Crash game is definitely Crash of the Titans on GBA
What
Crash of the Titans is the best game of all time.
On PS2

Anyways, I could really do with a Crash game of any sort. As long as it mean't Crash is getting his rightful throne back :)
I think lotta peeps today know and prefer Spyro (which sucks imo), only because of Skylanders. I bet if Crash had the same type of treatment he wouldn't be so "unpopular" with the kids.

As for Smash, I just don't understand why does Crash have "low chances". The 4 dumbest arguments people use is
-"Crash is irrelevant" He just got a new game, plus a switch version. Also Crash is irrelevant, but Isaac isn't? "Hurr durr I'm talking about Nintendo relevance"
Explain Snake.

-"He doesn't fit" So 2 vampire hunters, A purple alien dragon hybrid, Crazy looking Mayor swinging around a axe, huge gold belled crocodile, demonic witch, elf-eared swordsman, yellow rat, alien-slave master, and A fitness trainer all belong in Smash, but not a australian marsupial?

-"Western" <-- The best argument, but Diddy Kong, K Rool, and Dark Samus are all considered western. Plus Banjo-Kazooie is western too.

-"Activision won't let them in lol" <-- The worst argument. There are so many reasons on why Activision would put him up for the game. Someone on here already said everything about it so

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What
Crash of the Titans is the best game of all time.
On PS2
there are 3 versions of Crash of Titans: the home console version (which, personally, it's not my cup of tea, although I'll say it's way more decent than Mind Over Mutant), the DS version.. which is closer to the original Crash Bandicoot formula with beat 'n up elements and the GBA version, which is by far the worst Crash game ever made XD (a dull and badly programmed sidescrolling).

But on the pro arguments for Crash I agree! .. actually, the more thought I put on it, the more I realize that Crash is probably the most likely western character not named Steve... in terms of impact, there's nothing alike him.

---------------------

btw, did you guys see this? In a public poll made by this known Japanese site called "Inside Games", Crash was among the top 5 requested characters as DLC for Smash Ultimate! So despite of the impact of N. Sane Trilogy there, he still pretty much on people's mind and recognized as a big icon.

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/2018/11/24/118908.html

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I remember Crash of the Titans on the DS being my first and only Crash game until last week where I got the Nsane Trilogy. Titans was a bit weird but also pretty cool in some way. Needless to say tho that the original trilogy is far better. Albeit I cursed dozens of times during the bridge levels lol.

Would honestly go insane if Crash got announced as a DLC character. He should take Spyro along too. Those buddies kinda belong together.

Ah and you can add me to the supporters' list.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I really didn't like Crash of the Titans the first time I played.. I personally don't approve drastic changes in franchises like that, especially in a formula that was working so well across the whole franchise. I do like some beat 'n ups and platform games that include sections like that.. but didn't had to be Crash Bandicoot. The redesigns didn't help, because I hated at first sight (I got used after a while, but I think TwinSanity and Tag Team Racing made a better job modernizing the classic characters while adding new members to the cast).

The DS version of Crash of the Titans, tho? I loved the very little I played in my sister's DS. I hope to get a copy for myself one day! I'm gathering all the Crash games I can for my collection (especially the ones in Nintendo systems), but currently I'm focusing in getting the home console games.. still missing the two Radical games and Nitro Kart.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
A chance at putting Mario, Sonic and Crash in the same fight?

That would be freaking amazing. Consider me a supporter.
Exactly why I've been waiting 17 years for this and I'm not giving up on it anytime soon

I, for one, would love to see a remake of Crash Team Racing, so this is great news to me.
Second that

Plus they may add a few new characters onto the game like Crunch and Nina

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I want a sequel to Nitro Kart (basically a second sequel to CTR) with a bigger roster of playable characters representing possibly the whole franchise. You just need to keep the core mechanics and the tight driving these games are known for.. of course, the best part of CTR over Nitro Kart was always the track designs, but I'd be down for a simple go-Kart game with that delightful gameplay.

------ In other news, I think you guys should vote on this:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I want a sequel to Nitro Kart (basically a second sequel to CTR) with a bigger roster of playable characters representing possibly the whole franchise. You just need to keep the core mechanics and the tight driving these games are known for.. of course, the best part of CTR over Nitro Kart was always the track designs, but I'd be down for a simple go-Kart game with that delightful gameplay.

------ In other news, I think you guys should vote on this:

Crash is leading so we are good ;)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
something, something misinformation or simply ignorance. For many Crash (and Spyro) is somehow owned by Sony despite never being actually the case (Universal were always the owners).

I think there's still people that thinks that K. Rool is a Rare character even after his inclusion in Smash Bros. lol. I don't get people sometimes.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Aye! I'm surprised this thread isn't poppin' over the potential CTR remake! I can hardly sit still just thinking about it. We will know in 2 days

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Aye! I'm surprised this thread isn't poppin' over the potential CTR remake! I can hardly sit still just thinking about it. We will know in 2 days
Are there rumors towards it? Would increase my hype for the VGA a lot.

D

Deleted member

Crash Team Racing and the Bandicoot in Smash during the Game Awards?

Please?

8AD23FCE-07CF-4DCE-8385-421AD207399B.png

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Crash becomes announced as the first DLC character?

I would cream myself

D

Deleted member

The Game Awards is going to have Crash Team Racing, Metroid Prime 4 and maybe Square’s Avengers project. Here are my wishes:

-Crash Team Racing being on Switch with new playable characters (including Spyro and Rypto).

-Metroid Prime 4 showing gameplay and being alongside the reveal of the complete Prime Trilogy on Switch.

-Doctor Doom, the Skrulls or literally anything related to the Fantastic Four getting a role in the Avengers project.

D

Deleted member

Hey, is this render fanmade or official? It looks like an modernized take on Crash's render in the cover of 'The Huge Adventure'.
A virtual friend on Twitter who is a Crash fan made custom remakes of some renders from classic Crash games using the model from the PC port of N.Sane Trilogy.

He made more of Crash, and also this:

156669E1-5D7A-49C5-9B21-F003294E5D48.jpeg

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Here's hoping for the CTR remaster to come to the Switch right away instead of that bull**** of crash and spyro games coming only 1 year later for the system.

Also hoping even more for a certain reveal...

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
In that case im probably not going to bother. Some subjectively curated vote list is just...why are you asking for my input if your judgement I say the final say?

I mean, I find it hilarious that people are still clutching their Nintendo pearls to say that's Smash is still Nintendo based because "Cloud just represents Final Fantasy, which used to be on Nintendo".
Technically there is no character in the game that hasn't had their series on a Nintendo console. But Sakurai has always been very strict about the characters having to have been videogames, and have some history with Nintendo. Ironically Cloud was supposed to be on the 3D shortly after the release of his DLC. But apparently the company had to completely cut ties with Sony, outside the Kingdom Hearts series. Which Disney has neglected to release since Square-Enix decided not to renew it's PS4 exclusive contract with Sony for multiple games.

Here's hoping for the CTR remaster to come to the Switch right away instead of that bull**** of crash and spyro games coming only 1 year later for the system.

Also hoping even more for a certain reveal...
I'm actually hoping for a brand new Crash Bandicoot Racing game, and a limited edition Activision edition PlayStation mini with four controller ports Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro One, CTR, Crash Bash, Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life and Tomb Raider.

I want Nitros Oxide to return in the new Racing game, and additional relay challenges LoL I have the perfect evil plan... Chris and Don wouldn't be able to induce such torture.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
to be perfectly honest, I'm hyped for the possibility of getting a new Crash kart racer, but I hope it's not a remake of CTR especifically; As I stated here I'd much prefer them to make a full blown sequel of Nitro Kart with more characters, tracks, missions, online play and all.

BTW, Vicarious Visions were the responsibles for Nitro Kart and I think they nailed the mechanics and driving in that game, it's pretty much faithful to CTR, so I trust them for the job of making this just as good.

But wathever be the case, I just hope the game is multiplatform from start.. I'm tired of having to wait to play (we've waited for N. Sane Trilogy, we're waiting for Reignited Trilogy...)

Top Bottom