• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Crash won't be in the first year of DLC, but stay patient guy's! He's super likely eventually.

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
Not too shabby ''final'' roster for the time being, but I have a spark of hope for DLC.

Also, let's hope this is a skin for Piranha Plant. >:D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I have a feeling Crash won't be in the first year of DLC, but stay patient guy's! He's super likely eventually.
First year?

There’s only 5 characters based on the direct

And they said dlc will be finished by February 2020.

But sure crash is very possible for dlc regardless

The only iffy thing is Rex and Pyra not making it due to the game coming out too late (they were so close basically)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yo guys , made something for my DLC choices!
Hope you guys like it!

DLC.jpg

Klimax

Smash Ace
Crash Bandicoot coming to Smash Bros would be so cool, to be honest, I'm not sure if this is possible but I would love it !
And Coco as an echo would be cherry on the cake !

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
For an optimistic guy, you're very negative XD

but I wouldn't worry about Crash being among the DLC fighters, honestly. Again, we should keep doing our campaigns and show our demand with most respectable way possible, but I think they already know by now how Crash is a high requested character and how relevant/fitting would be to have him in the roster today.

Back when Sakurai made a poll for Melee, he was already up there with Sonic and Mega Man. Now things are just easier with Activision being so colaborative with Nintendo and the Switch version of N. Sane Trilogy being so well advertised.

And if they're telling the truth and they're really just starting DLC now (which, I'm sorry, I really doubt but even that isn't a deciding factor), Crash got way bigger chances than he'd get if they had planing middle development of Smash Ultimate.

onlysmashbros

Smash Rookie
I have read the fourms for a while, and I am dissapointed that there isn't as much support for Crash Bandicoot as there is for other characters. Crash Bandicoot is needed to complete the game. Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Snake, and Cloud are major mascots in video game history. If PC gaming were to get representation it shouldn't be minecraft. Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Games the creator of the unreal engine, which has been used to develop many games, should make it in.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys , not to "love leaks" more but!
Look here:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437813791

This guys posted this Crash image.
But i have played every single Crash Bandicoot game.
And thats the first time i see this model.
I searched for this image as well, and i can't find the source.

This looks like smash...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Welp, now that a certain western furry anthropomorphic pants wearing platforming character probably has no chance of getting in now (trust me, I ain’t getting my hopes up for the Fighters pass)

I’d like to now advocate for another certain western furry anthropomorphic pants wearing platforming character.

Crash Bandicoot! I remember when I used to support his inclusion for getting in at-least prior to E3 but since the Grinch leak sadly got debunked from the latest Direct, I’ve decided by then I’ll go for Crash.

I dunno why, but I have very good faith in him making it in, it’s weird that’s he actually isn’t that requested often despite one of the most iconic gaming mascots.

People probably thinks he’s better associated with PlayStation All Stars but Cloud and Snake would say otherwise.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's fake. That image was posted on twitter in 2016

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
OMG I would LOVE a Cortex Mii Gunner. The image of what his headpiece would have to look like to reshape the mii appropriately though is making me think the immitation might be more on the inkling side (those faces...:urg:)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
They didn't mention anything more than a stage and music tracks coming with each character, but I certainly wouldn't mind some Spirits and Mii Costumes coming with Crash; --Especially if they go beyond than just referencing N. Sane Trilogy.

Cortex definetly works as a Mii Gunner, Crunch could be a Brawler and I don't know exactly who could be a Swordfighter.. the only one that I think it could work is N. Tropy with his tuning fork xD.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The idea of Crash in Smash has been very popular for the public since the announcement of both coming to the Switch back in March. And Nintendo seems to at least be aware that he's a gaming icon, so maybe he was on the list. Maybe they'll once again mix their characters with Activision (Skylanders SuperChargers) to make a head-turning character reveal. I guess unless the "too late for consideration" Rex costume thing meant DLC in general and not just the base roster, but if the DLC was only just finalised, maybe he snuck his way in there?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The idea of Crash in Smash has been very popular for the public since the announcement of both coming to the Switch back in March. And Nintendo seems to at least be aware that he's a gaming icon, so maybe he was on the list. Maybe they'll once again mix their characters with Activision (Skylanders SuperChargers) to make a head-turning character reveal. I guess unless the "too late for consideration" Rex costume thing meant DLC in general and not just the base roster, but if the DLC was only just finalised, maybe he snuck his way in there?
In all fairness, Crash has been around since the mid-90s. He's not just some random guy who started showing up last year.

That alone already gives him better chances than Rex had.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In all fairness, Crash has been around since the mid-90s. He's not just some random guy who started showing up last year.

That alone already gives him better chances than Rex had.
Yeah but it was only 2016-2017 when he was getting relevant again, and 2018 Nintendo-wise.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah but it was only 2016-2017 when he was getting relevant again, and 2018 Nintendo-wise.
For some reason, I don't think being only relevant this year Nintendo-wise means anything. :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Or only relevant in recent years in general. :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultmegaman:

Basically, what I'm saying is that Crash is an icon, and that alone should be justification enough for him to have a shot, relevant or not. Especially when we have people like K. Rool who hadn't showed up outside of cameos in a decade.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...
This is actually very, very good for Crash! I'd trust Sakurai himself to pick the characters, including Crash, but with Nintendo solely in charge I'm sure they'd also want to promote popular 3rd Party titles on Switch and definetly N. Sane Trilogy is among of them. we see countless amount of effort to put the game always on relevancy, even months after the original release. I'm pretty confident!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I once contacted Charles Zembillas about Crash in Smash too! that was way back in the Ballot days for Smash4; he said he'd love to Crash in the game and gave his support.

if this is the same thread of before, it might have a print here somewhere. I commented in his personal blog about the subject

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about Crash Bandicoot music, a lot of things whenever they talk about Crash they play the Title theme of the original game.

It's a good theme but I think the theme of the 3rd game captures the series energy a lot better.

Original

N-Sane

Anyone else feel the same way?
I say play them both at the same time and overlap them. xD and have the openings and fanfare alternate.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Vote for your favorite Smash character.
Show your support and vote for up to 10 characters

To clarify you can vote for up to 10 characters before you send, and you can change your vote until September of next year.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
or you could suggest it to me... I purposely leave out characters I "have never heard of" I will look them up, and if they are too new, or not Nintendo relevant, I refuse to add them to the poll.

I have high standards for both diversity, and relevancy, If any KH characters get in they better have Final Fantasy roots.
I don't include Insomniac characters or Sora due to licensing issues. And the fact that Insomniac characters have never appeared on a Nintendo Console.
However, Spyro is included, as they are no longer owned by Insomniac, and Activision owns him.

If the character is new, it needs to be relevant; if the character is retro, it needs to have some sort of Nintendo Roots like Castlevania and Final Fantasy. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro's Multiplatform debut on Gameboy Advanced and DS. Yes, I consider the GBA games more of a deciding factor than console versions when it comes to multiplatform debuts. But even more important, is that there be at least one Nintendo Console exclusive title. I still don't consider CARS. To qualify. Which Reminds me, I need to mention that Mach Rider, appears to be a potential candidate for a Captain Falcon semi-echo fighter, with a Motorcycle attack added replacing Captain Falcon's signature Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
or you could suggest it to me... I purposely leave out characters I "have never heard of" I will look them up, and if they are too new, or not Nintendo relevant, I refuse to add them to the poll.

I have high standards for both diversity, and relevancy, If any KH characters get in they better have Final Fantasy roots.
I don't include Insomniac characters or Sora due to licensing issues. And the fact that Insomniac characters have never appeared on a Nintendo Console.
However, Spyro is included, as they are no longer owned by Insomniac, and Activision owns him.

If the character is new, it needs to be relevant; if the character is retro, it needs to have some sort of Nintendo Roots like Castlevania and Final Fantasy. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro's Multiplatform debut on Gameboy Advanced and DS. Yes, I consider the GBA games more of a deciding factor than console versions when it comes to multiplatform debuts. But even more important, is that there be at least one Nintendo Console exclusive title. I still don't consider CARS. To qualify. Which Reminds me, I need to mention that Mach Rider, appears to be a potential candidate for a Captain Falcon semi-echo fighter, with a Motorcycle attack added replacing Captain Falcon's signature Falcon Punch.
In that case im probably not going to bother. Some subjectively curated vote list is just...why are you asking for my input if your judgement I say the final say?

I mean, I find it hilarious that people are still clutching their Nintendo pearls to say that's Smash is still Nintendo based because "Cloud just represents Final Fantasy, which used to be on Nintendo".

IMO Master Chief is more likely than Doom Slayer due to the content and character of the latter, even if the former has no relation to Nintendo, because one of those categories doesn't seem to matter anymore (Bayo kept her sexiness but lost everything gory she did).

At the end of the day a "curated survey" is just a way of saying "inaccurate survey". You're just asking for answers you personally agree with.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In that case im probably not going to bother. Some subjectively curated vote list is just...why are you asking for my input if your judgement I say the final say?

I mean, I find it hilarious that people are still clutching their Nintendo pearls to say that's Smash is still Nintendo based because "Cloud just represents Final Fantasy, which used to be on Nintendo".

IMO Master Chief is more likely than Doom Slayer due to the content and character of the latter, even if the former has no relation to Nintendo, because one of those categories doesn't seem to matter anymore (Bayo kept her sexiness but lost everything gory she did).

At the end of the day a "curated survey" is just a way of saying "inaccurate survey". You're just asking for answers you personally agree with.
If they went with Metal Slug instead of Doom I'd be totes up for that.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly, the DLC time table is reasonably favorable to us. It is likely that DLC was decided in 2016, where Crash was getting his big revival announced. I could easily see Crash being a big DLC bombshell. His popularity in Japan helps him too. Having him be super popular in Japan makes him seem like such a more likely character I can't stress it enough.

Our best plan going forward is to be known. We got to make sure that Crash is someone that is considered when people are looking at smash dlc.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Though it must be noted that initially, N Sane Trilogy didn't sell too well in Japan in its PS4 release.

http://www.vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=150131

And the Switch port was announced in 2018, with the Japanese Sega release being announced later than that.

Though if the DLC list given by Nintendo that Sakurai chose five from was chosen in 2017-2018-ish, Crash would fair better.

What do you all think?

Top Bottom