• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a remixed theme with various parts of different Crash music, like they usually do with other series.
Obviously I would like the bonus theme from Warped to become a medley with a few songs from Wrath of Cortex added into the mix.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Nintendo and Activision made a agreement to put 2 Nintendo characters in Skylanders.
Maybe the agreement was to put 2 Activision characters in a Nintendo Game in return?
Crash and Spyro in Smash maybe.

capa.jpg

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Considering Isabelle's reveal was followed by an animal crossing game reveal, this kinds of gives me hope that they might follow this pattern and reveal Crash and Spyro later as DLC along with the Reignited Trilogy Switch version and maybe a 2019 Crash game. A man can dream.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hello everyone! I've made my own character screen for Crash, and using AustarusIV AustarusIV 's Series Icon, I've made it slightly more authentic:

I'm better at 2D art so I did this in that style; also I put his character number at 96 as a nod to his debut year. That way, I don't have to worry about him getting a character number that an official fighter will take.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Man, can you guys just imagine! These three chaps reuniting! No longer bitter enemies (*cough* "Plumber Boy"). Extra Kudos if we get a story mode. These guys gotta be on the same expedition team for a story segment!

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
I think it’s because most people think he’s more likely as DLC. Just watch, crash support is gonna shoot up once the game comes out

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So recently, the topic of Totaku figures came up, since there are plans for ones of Banjo-Kazooie and Conker. Apparently, they were made to compete with the amiibo line, but have no functionality whatsoever. In spite of that, some assume this might cause problems if B-K is to be in Smash.

Where am I going with this? Crash also has a Totaku figure. With a gold variant, too.

My stance on this issue is that it won't actually affect anything. Smash amiibos are designed specifically around Smash-specific versions of the characters' designs, whereas Totaku figures are generally direct emulations of the characters' original designs, so plagiarism would be limited. Both can co-exist, so long as the Totaku figures are not designed to work with any game.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I had this one argument on Twitter stating that the whole "mascot console rivalry" was the same argument for Master Chair, and even then, it was only for like five years. Like at the very least, is it correct to say MC isn't that same kind of mascot or is it not? Also by the years logic, Banjo would have only been a Nintendo relevant star for like, four years?

There's also the idea that because of the existence of the N Sane Switch port being "because some employee managed to do get it running when they weren't thinking bout it", that Activision doesn't have as strong a bond to Nintendo? Though they did have the Spyro crossover years ago and, even so, considering the success of N Sane's Switch port in markets like the UK, they might just take a little interest in the Switch as a "money talks" business (not to mention the Switch licensed controller).

schavira

Smash Journeyman
People really need to start campaigning, or else Crash will continue to be ignored and the DLC will never happen.

D

Deleted member

Count me as a supporter.

I want to see him with Donkey Kong for the second time and with Samus for the first time.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
With Crashs Japanese N Sane Trilogy Switch release coming this Thursday, I'm hoping it does as well as it's done in other territories so the Japanese also gets the idea of putting Crash in Smash. The initial PS4 release didn't do the best over there (was it bad marketing?) despite Japan having an affinity for Crash in the past.

D

Deleted member

With Crashs Japanese N Sane Trilogy Switch release coming this Thursday, I'm hoping it does as well as it's done in other territories so the Japanese also gets the idea of putting Crash in Smash. The initial PS4 release didn't do the best over there (was it bad marketing?) despite Japan having an affinity for Crash in the past.

He is huge in Japan.

Before Spider-Man PS4, Crash Warped was the Western videogame with the biggest sales in Japan.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Not to mention they had at least one Japan made game, as low quality as it was, Crash Boom Bang.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Something I've wanted since I was a kid, if crash gets in you can label me a happy boy

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Considering Activision let SEGA publish the game in Japan, I imagine they're trying to do a better job to attract the Japanese audience for the Switch version of the game.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm doing a video on arguments about Crash's and Rayman's inclusion in Ultimate. This is probably releasing a bit closer to release, since my scenario are these characters being DLC at this point;

But since I took so long to do that piece in particular, I wanted to share if you guys.. I replicated the Versus Screen of Smash Ultimate; would be a pity if anybody that decided to not watch a video of 30 minutes or so passed would miss to see that:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Rayman I kinda put in the "maybe" section; his appearance in Brawlhala could have just been because Ubisoft owned the game and threw him in, and considering they're probably not IDENTICAL games with different spreads of console audiences, maybe they could still see him as viable to put in Smash?
(if not, aleast it gives Crash less competition to work with... :/)

I'd like to see what the general reaction for Crash is upon the announcement of Ultimate DLC, that "Crash Bandicoot Racing" thing mentioned on a Sony survey or, again, the Japanese Switch launch on Thursday. Not thought of four years ago, Crash is now totally a popular video gaming icon with great sales and critical reception, with Activision having a five year plan for him as well as giving his pal Spyro the same remaster treatment. Ergo, if his success continues, he may be a great and fitting candidate for high selling DLC if all the buzz at the idea of putting him in Smash since Ultimate's announcement, where all the Smash wanted newcomer videos and others were bringing him up, is anything to go by.

Though I hope Crash's design is tweaked a lil from the "realistic" N Sane look at least in the eyes, which are too baggy and squinty to be appealing and properly feel like "Crash" maybe. Perhaps we'll see that in Crash Bandicoot Racing had they took from Toys For Bob's direction with the Spyro remaster, which was more cartoony.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't think Crash and Rayman are particularly competing for the same spot XP.. at this point, I think both could be very well DLC.. since the appeal to selling each character individually should be big, and nothing better than impactful 3rd Party guest fighters!

On the matter of the visuals, I'm not expecting Crash to look any different than his N. Sane Trilogy look. They'll tweak a thing or two, like fur textures to match other characters like Fox and Donkey Kong and color saturation. But aside of Mega Man and Simon Belmont (and one of those we know was redesigned by their owners), all the 3rd Party characters are pretty faithful of their traditional designs, since Sakurai and their team probably doesn't have that much of a creativity freedom with them.

D

Deleted member

I will never not support the Bandicoot, or Rayman for that matter!

D

Deleted member

"Awkward platforming"
Uh what?
To play Devil's Advocate, I felt like the N.Sane Trilogy made some elements of the original Crash Bandicoot harder, like how you couldn't use the ropes as platforms in the two bridge stages, and had to rely on using forward momentum and turtle placement to advance.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
This would be amazing if Crash made it into Smash. Especially since the N Sane Trilogy is now on the Switch.

Top Bottom