• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
i feel like they both would utilize Aku Aku. And if they included Polar someway, Coco can have Pura!

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Coco would be lighter, but her attack power would be nearly the same for most attacks, some physical attacks being slightly stronger or weaker, while her tech packs a punch substituting Crash's Wumpa Bazooka for a Lazer Canon.

Both Crash and Coco would be able to use Dr. Cortex's Noggin as a Twin Hammer in one of their attacks. A button or Special it doesn't matter.
Crash's slide should definitely be a dash attack or Smash Attack though... some of this guys original attack ideas are a little dated, or off key.
Granted I love the TNT Jump attack, lets make that a damaging taunt though Crash Jumps on a TNT crate, explodes with 4% damage to nearby players Crash disintegrates, and then reappears in the box position by teleporting to the checkpoint box underneath the TNT crate.
It's an awesome taunt, like Greninja's water fountain and Luigi's Screaming Kick to the shin/groin

i feel like they both would utilize Aku Aku. And if they included Polar someway, Coco can have Pura!
if you check out my post in activision forums it'll show you that Aku Aku would appear in their shield animation.

https://community.activision.com/t5...sh-Ultimate-Echo-Characters/m-p/10794538#M612
Activision only pays attention to their own forum, Nintendo has their eye on here.

I would absolutely LOVE the idea of Coco being an Echo, but how would she work with Final Smash? She'll be a quicker but weaker version of Crash for sure
I think Crash and Coco's final Smash could involve the Airplane bit, or Twinsanity based, or death animation cinematic cutscene after a spin attack.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crash4Smash Crash4Smash : if you want to quote multiple people, either use the +Quote button (it's to the left of "Reply" and allows you to quote multiple people at once) or edit your original post. Double (or, in this case, triple) posting is frowned upon.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Do yall agree on the idea that Crash can only be in Smash with Spyro in there too or something? Like yeah they're sister franchises but Spyro never went outside Nintendo's building with a megaphone talking about the PlayStation.
I don't know why ppl think we'll get both. They're forgetting how fierce the competition is for the remaining few fighters to be added. Crash's odds are good. Not great, just good. Having an iconic past doesn't absolve you of the lowered odds that come with diminished popularity over the years (and the Crash series has been rotting for nearly 2 decades). Judging by Japanese polls, there's about a dozen other characters who could get in before Crash. We all know Crash "should" get in based on iconic status, but Bomberman also "should" have gotten in (he didn't). K. Rool "should" have gotten in Brawl, or at least Smash 4 (he didn't). Sakurai just adds who he wants (usually Fire Emblem). Now let's look at Spyro, a character who did not have the same iconic status as Crash nor caused a frenzy in Japan as Crash did, a character whose legacy has been dragged through the mud at least as much as Crash's, a character who struggles to be relevant with the younger generation of gamers as much as Crash does. It's safe to say his odds are less than good. Now imagine the odds that, of the very few remaining fighters to be revealed, two of them just happen to be Crash AND Spyro. Very, very unlikely. Even with DLC accounted for, it's unlikely we'll get both. My apologies to Spyro fans, I just don't see it happening.

(and I'm still exploding in my mind over Bomb being AT instead of playable)
Same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note (can't double post), some good news (not that I think it's a good idea to get our hopes up). Crash scored in the top 10 on three polls (one of which was Japanese) and in the top 5 on two others.
1533779581270.jpg 1533776509505.jpg

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Crash4Smash Crash4Smash : if you want to quote multiple people, either use the +Quote button (it's to the left of "Reply" and allows you to quote multiple people at once) or edit your original post. Double (or, in this case, triple) posting is frowned upon.
I didn't intend to quote multiple people at once, this is the first time I'm seeing my post. It looks weird because I think I would've noticed that.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why ppl think we'll get both. They're forgetting how fierce the competition is for the remaining few fighters to be added. Crash's odds are good. Not great, just good. Having an iconic past doesn't absolve you of the lowered odds that come with diminished popularity over the years (and the Crash series has been rotting for nearly 2 decades). Judging by Japanese polls, there's about a dozen other characters who could get in before Crash. We all know Crash "should" get in based on iconic status, but Bomberman also "should" have gotten in (he didn't). K. Rool is finally in Smash. Sakurai just adds who he wants (like Chrom).
Now let's look at Spyro, a character who did not have the same iconic status as Crash nor caused a frenzy in Japan as Crash did, a character who struggles to be relevant with the younger generation of gamers as much as Crash does. It's safe to say his odds are less than good. Now imagine the odds that, of the very few remaining fighters to be revealed, two of them just happen to be Crash AND Spyro. Very, very unlikely. Even with DLC accounted for, it's unlikely we'll get both. My apologies to Spyro fans, I just don't see it happening.

Same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good news (not that I think it's a good idea to get our hopes up). Crash scored in the top 10 on three polls (one of which was Japanese) and in the top 5 on two others.
Now let's ignore Spyro, Spyro doesn't have to get in. However, What if Crash had Coco as an Echo Fighter.

And just like that, Crash gains Coco's sweep kick from Wrath of Cortex, just like Simon and Richter Belmont.

I say Coco Bandicoot has a higher chance of being Crash's Echo Fighter than Spyro has a chance of Being playable, however, I think Spyro would make an Excellent Assist trophy, besides, Spyro sold more copies in Japan on Gameboy Advanced than he ever did on his only two console games there. Honestly, I think Spyro's fate of being DLC or an assist trophy hangs on the Japanese success of Reignited Trilogy in September. But Spyro's still not historically relevant enough in Japan to be any more than an assist trophy, besides, Sakurai loves making obscure characters like Spyro into assist trophies.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let us give thanks to Richter and Chrom for making Echo discussions more exciting.

In my mind, Coco's only maor mechanical difference needs to be replacing the traditional Crash spin with a N-Sane Trilogy spin-kick with has a lower hitbox.

What would be even better is if she always has her laptop with her, maybe even holding it in her teeth when carrying a crate.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I didn't intend to quote multiple people at once, this is the first time I'm seeing my post. It looks weird because I think I would've noticed that.
I merged your posts together since you had three in a row that were quoting separate people. Triple posting is frowned upon for various reasons, so I figured I should let you know.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now let's ignore Spyro, Spyro doesn't have to get in. However, What if Crash had Coco as an Echo Fighter.

And just like that, Crash gains Coco's sweep kick from Wrath of Cortex, just like Simon and Richter Belmont.

I say Coco Bandicoot has a higher chance of being Crash's Echo Fighter than Spyro has a chance of Being playable, however, I think Spyro would make an Excellent Assist trophy, besides, Spyro sold more copies in Japan on Gameboy Advanced than he ever did on his only two console games there. Honestly, I think Spyro's fate of being DLC or an assist trophy hangs on the Japanese success of Reignited Trilogy in September. But Spyro's still not historically relevant enough in Japan to be any more than an assist trophy, besides, Sakurai loves making obscure characters like Spyro into assist trophies.
Agree with all of those points. For Spyro to leave an impression, getting the Shovel Knight treatment would be the most logical course of action.

Both Crash and Coco would be able to use Dr. Cortex's Noggin as a Twin Hammer in one of their attacks.
Man, if that somehow happened, Toad fans would have no reason to complain about him being used as a human shield before. :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Let us give thanks to Richter and Chrom for making Echo discussions more exciting.

In my mind, Coco's only maor mechanical difference needs to be replacing the traditional Crash spin with a N-Sane Trilogy spin-kick with has a lower hitbox.

What would be even better is if she always has her laptop with her, maybe even holding it in her teeth when carrying a crate.
Who knew that Echo fighter discussions would become exciting? LOL

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman

Coco as a Crash echo is doable, but Crash alone is honestly enough for me. We'd have to listen to a lot of people complain if Coco gets in as a second Crash rep. It's too soon for two Crash reps IMO. I'd much rather see other peoples beloved characters get in before Coco. Spyro as an assist trophy would be cool though.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Coco as a Crash echo is doable, but Crash alone is honestly enough for me. We'd have to listen to a lot of people complain if Coco gets in as a second Crash rep. It's too soon for two Crash reps IMO. I'd much rather see other peoples beloved characters get in before Coco. Spyro as an assist trophy would be cool though.
Other People's beloved characters have gotten in, just ask the 1st Party character, Dark Samus, the 2nd Party Characters Chrom and K. Rool, and the 3rd Party Castlevania reps Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont, Castlevania has Two reps. Honestly, no more Capcom Fighters in the game unless a new 3rd Party company gets a rep, in particular prehaps the most well known multiplatform developer, famous for the CoD series, Spyro the Dragon, Skylanders, Tony Hawk, and Crash Bandicoot games.

Castlevania already has two reps, both being echo fighters of each other, eight costumes each too. I can't see why Crash can't get the same treatment, besides, I really like playing as Coco. If they have to do a DLC pack, I want to be able to download Crash and Coco at the same time.

Spyro, however, can be an assist trophy, or DLC based on how well Spyro Reignited Trilogy sells in Japan, in order to promote the Nintendo Switch version of Spyro Reignted Trilogy.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
You know you can't have him in without one of his taunts be Crash grabbing a megaphone and re-enact the entirety of that one commercial.
You know the one.

"Hey, plumber boy, mustache man, your worst nightmare has arrived."

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
There's no reason to complain about echo fighters when we know that they barely take any time to develop and for that reason don't really take spots of other characters, no matter if they're Ritcher, Shadow (even though i'm not really fond of this character), Daisy, or even Coco if she gets in as an Echo of Crash.

I honestly doubt that the possibility of people complaining about Coco joining the roster as an echo of Crash would affect Sakurai's decision whatever it would be.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would rather have Tails or Blaze as a Sonic echo fighter, Blaze has been signifigantly popular in multiplayer Sonic games in the Wii era, Tails could be the same as Sonic, but with three jumps instead of two. That being said, I would rather have Crash and Coco as Crash's echo fighter, there's so many attack possibilities, it'd be easier to come up with a moveset for them than it would for K. Rool.

Coco would be slightly lighter, but slightly faster with her attacks, although running speed will be similar to Crashes, walking speed will be slightly faster, attacks will vary in strength, but Coco's tech based attacks will be more powerful. Aku Aku will be used in their sheild, and could allow a perfect sheild to be slightly off it's timing on the first attempt in the match, for each life at least. Unless that's overpowered.

I just hope Mii fighters can have the same treatment as echo fighters when it comes to menu placement.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Other People's beloved characters have gotten in, just ask the 1st Party character, Dark Samus, the 2nd Party Characters Chrom and K. Rool, and the 3rd Party Castlevania reps Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont, Castlevania has Two reps. Honestly, no more Capcom Fighters in the game unless a new 3rd Party company gets a rep, in particular prehaps the most well known multiplatform developer, famous for the CoD series, Spyro the Dragon, Skylanders, Tony Hawk, and Crash Bandicoot games.

Castlevania already has two reps, both being echo fighters of each other, eight costumes each too. I can't see why Crash can't get the same treatment, besides, I really like playing as Coco. If they have to do a DLC pack, I want to be able to download Crash and Coco at the same time.

Spyro, however, can be an assist trophy, or DLC based on how well Spyro Reignited Trilogy sells in Japan, in order to promote the Nintendo Switch version of Spyro Reignted Trilogy.
Just saying, but Chrom and K. Rool are first party characters, as they're 100% owned by Nintendo. The only "second party" series playable in Smash is Pokémon, due to the complicated licensing that series has in comparison to others (Nintendo, GameFreak, and Creature Inc all own a third of it).

That and Castlevania is Konami, not Capcom. :p

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don't know why ppl think we'll get both. They're forgetting how fierce the competition is for the remaining few fighters to be added. Crash's odds are good. Not great, just good. Having an iconic past doesn't absolve you of the lowered odds that come with diminished popularity over the years (and the Crash series has been rotting for nearly 2 decades). Judging by Japanese polls, there's about a dozen other characters who could get in before Crash. We all know Crash "should" get in based on iconic status, but Bomberman also "should" have gotten in (he didn't). K. Rool "should" have gotten in Brawl, or at least Smash 4 (he didn't). Sakurai just adds who he wants (usually Fire Emblem). Now let's look at Spyro, a character who did not have the same iconic status as Crash nor caused a frenzy in Japan as Crash did, a character whose legacy has been dragged through the mud at least as much as Crash's, a character who struggles to be relevant with the younger generation of gamers as much as Crash does. It's safe to say his odds are less than good. Now imagine the odds that, of the very few remaining fighters to be revealed, two of them just happen to be Crash AND Spyro. Very, very unlikely. Even with DLC accounted for, it's unlikely we'll get both. My apologies to Spyro fans, I just don't see it happening.
Are you sure about that? I thought N Sane did pretty well in sales on PS4 and Switch.

I was talking about Crash in Smash with someone, and he brought up other third parties having more of a "iconic" place in gaming. Whilst that's fair, the recent direct has been shattering expected standards for newcomers (Two technically western characters, 3rd party franchise getting two reps, a character that hasn't been seen in a decade and really relevant for even longer, oh and we got an indie character as an assist also). If Crash's original Sega-esque rivalry with Nintendo holds true, that gives him more of a Nintendo connection to be included despite being third party and less popular ala Banjo Kazooie or Bayonetta. Plus if she can get in off of "popular European demand" or at least some demand in the ballot, there's been popular western demand for Crash since the day Ultimate was announced!

Klimax

Smash Ace
While i don't see him ending up in Smash Ultimate, i guess Crash Bandicoot could be likely for the next one (or DLC, who knows ?)

I would love to see him, he's one of my dream characters. He would fit so well...

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm hoping for DLC (whatever next Smash game may have to be a step down from Ultimate, assuming Sakurai would still be involved). There's already a noticeable demand for him.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure about that? I thought N Sane did pretty well in sales on PS4 and Switch.

I was talking about Crash in Smash with someone, and he brought up other third parties having more of a "iconic" place in gaming. Whilst that's fair, the recent direct has been shattering expected standards for newcomers (Two technically western characters, 3rd party franchise getting two reps, a character that hasn't been seen in a decade and really relevant for even longer, oh and we got an indie character as an assist also). If Crash's original Sega-esque rivalry with Nintendo holds true, that gives him more of a Nintendo connection to be included despite being third party and less popular ala Banjo Kazooie or Bayonetta. Plus if she can get in off of "popular European demand" or at least some demand in the ballot, there's been popular western demand for Crash since the day Ultimate was announced!
I don't think Crash is a shoe-in. I don't think he's currently as big in Japan as he is in the West. On this list, Crash is not even in the top 50 (although you could point out that Simon isn't in the top 50 here either). I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Activision did a pretty good job on destroying this character in the past, unfortunately.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don't think Crash is a shoe-in. I don't think he's currently as big in Japan as he is in the West. On this list, Crash is not even in the top 50 (although you could point out that Simon isn't in the top 50 here either). I'm not getting my hopes up.
That was pre-N. Sane Trilogy though

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made an updated Supporter List, Opossum Opossum .
  1. Opossum
  2. Planet Zeb(es)~
  3. Schnee117
  4. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  5. Oasis Dealer
  6. TCT~Phantom
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Guybrush20X6
  9. Mario & Sonic Guy
  10. Freduardo
  11. MatgSy
  12. ryuu seika
  13. BirthNote
  14. Xeno610
  15. Nu~
  16. nirvanafan
  17. smashkirby
  18. PsychoJosh
  19. Ben Holt
  20. Kirbeh
  21. n8han11
  22. Mrrgle
  23. Zem-raj
  24. FunAtParties
  25. Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
  26. AustarusIV
  27. Wario Wario Wario
  28. Crap-Zapper
  29. CrusherMania1592
  30. Lukingodex
  31. Lampy
  32. KeybladeSmasher
  33. -Master-
  34. ~ Valkyrie ~
  35. Megadoomer
  36. Darkraid
  37. SmashingDoug
  38. Altais
  39. pupNapoleon
  40. Rosalina suporter
  41. Tonydrake
  42. Geno Boost
  43. Sir Ridley XII
  44. Z25
  45. Hypercat-Z
  46. skylanders fan
  47. WaddleKing
  48. Graizen
  49. The Animator
  50. Sponge
  51. DNeon
  52. BlazGreen
  53. Zeox
  54. ZRoy
  55. Ghirahilda
  56. LunarDistortion
  57. Big-Cat
  58. Johnknight1
  59. Dirty Duck
  60. Aetheri
  61. Robertman2
  62. TheAnvil
  63. Ura
  64. Drclaw411
  65. Morbi
  66. Yokta
  67. 8-peacock-8
  68. Kevandre
  69. Aurora Jenny
  70. smashoperatingbuddy123
  71. Jave
  72. WhiteEaglePL
  73. Ascended
  74. Brother AJ
  75. SonicSmasher1
  76. CyberWolfJV TheGuy07
  77. StupendousMike
  78. PrinceGal3n
  79. MasterWarlord
  80. SonicMario
  81. SchAlternate
  82. ErenJager
  83. WonderOne
  84. Nintenzilla *Reboot*
  85. Godzillathewonderdog
  86. TooBadWaluigiTime
  87. Tord the Red Leader
  88. Sean Wheeler
  89. Sheng Long
  90. Staarih
  91. FlareHabanero
  92. Llort A. Ton
  93. MoonlitIllusion
  94. SegaGameBoy
  95. TMNTSSB4
  96. ThoughtfulWanderer
  97. Shyy_Guy595
  98. Questionmark222
  99. Blips
  100. Ed-boy
  101. Groomer
  102. schavira
  103. smash puffle
  104. Gemini-Gene
  105. ShinyLegendary
  106. Door Key Pig
  107. Nintendotard
  108. karl childers
  109. GravelerChamp60
  110. Isaac: Venus Adept
  111. Red Hood
  112. Pakky
  113. Lucas Storey
  114. Kirbyworshipper2465
  115. KMDP
  116. BluePikmin11
  117. SmashingDoug
  118. lukingordex
  119. Bonafidefella
Might have missed some people.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Made an updated Supporter List, Opossum Opossum .
  1. Opossum
  2. Planet Zeb(es)~
  3. Schnee117
  4. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  5. Oasis Dealer
  6. TCT~Phantom
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Guybrush20X6
  9. Mario & Sonic Guy
  10. Freduardo
  11. MatgSy
  12. ryuu seika
  13. BirthNote
  14. Xeno610
  15. Nu~
  16. nirvanafan
  17. smashkirby
  18. PsychoJosh
  19. Ben Holt
  20. Kirbeh
  21. n8han11
  22. Mrrgle
  23. Zem-raj
  24. FunAtParties
  25. Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
  26. AustarusIV
  27. Wario Wario Wario
  28. Crap-Zapper
  29. CrusherMania1592
  30. Lukingodex
  31. Lampy
  32. KeybladeSmasher
  33. -Master-
  34. ~ Valkyrie ~
  35. Megadoomer
  36. Darkraid
  37. SmashingDoug
  38. Altais
  39. pupNapoleon
  40. Rosalina suporter
  41. Tonydrake
  42. Geno Boost
  43. Sir Ridley XII
  44. Z25
  45. Hypercat-Z
  46. skylanders fan
  47. WaddleKing
  48. Graizen
  49. The Animator
  50. Sponge
  51. DNeon
  52. BlazGreen
  53. Zeox
  54. ZRoy
  55. Ghirahilda
  56. LunarDistortion
  57. Big-Cat
  58. Johnknight1
  59. Dirty Duck
  60. Aetheri
  61. Robertman2
  62. TheAnvil
  63. Ura
  64. Drclaw411
  65. Morbi
  66. Yokta
  67. 8-peacock-8
  68. Kevandre
  69. Aurora Jenny
  70. smashoperatingbuddy123
  71. Jave
  72. WhiteEaglePL
  73. Ascended
  74. Brother AJ
  75. SonicSmasher1
  76. CyberWolfJV TheGuy07
  77. StupendousMike
  78. PrinceGal3n
  79. MasterWarlord
  80. SonicMario
  81. SchAlternate
  82. ErenJager
  83. WonderOne
  84. Nintenzilla *Reboot*
  85. Godzillathewonderdog
  86. TooBadWaluigiTime
  87. Tord the Red Leader
  88. Sean Wheeler
  89. Sheng Long
  90. Staarih
  91. FlareHabanero
  92. Llort A. Ton
  93. MoonlitIllusion
  94. SegaGameBoy
  95. TMNTSSB4
  96. ThoughtfulWanderer
  97. Shyy_Guy595
  98. Questionmark222
  99. Blips
  100. Ed-boy
  101. Groomer
  102. schavira
  103. smash puffle
  104. Gemini-Gene
  105. ShinyLegendary
  106. Door Key Pig
  107. Nintendotard
  108. karl childers
  109. GravelerChamp60
  110. Isaac: Venus Adept
  111. Red Hood
  112. Pakky
  113. Lucas Storey
  114. Kirbyworshipper2465
  115. KMDP
  116. BluePikmin11
  117. SmashingDoug
  118. lukingordex
  119. Bonafidefella
Might have missed some people.
This one doesn't have anyone on it who doesn't support Crash, like the last one did, right? :p Haha.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Okay, I've only just discovered this thread, and I'm gonna contribute, dammit!

The original Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 is the first video game I ever played, and it would mean the actual world to me to see him in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm such a Crash dork that I've worked on not only a moveset for Crash, but a way to incorporate the Crash series into the game on almost every level. Check it out:

Moveset

Neutral Special: Tornado Spin. Mashing the special attack button allows Crash to perform his trademark spin attack. Pressing the button once is a regular spin, but pressing it repeatedly activates his Death Tornado Spin, which lasts longer and, when used in the air, can be used to slow Crash's descent. Mashing the button too much, however, can make Crash dizzy and easily susceptible to attacks.

Side Special: Slide. Crash quickly slides forward, just like he does in the games. At the end of the slide, if Crash jumps, he is given more height than his regular ground jump, and can jump once more in the air for even more height/distance.

Up Special: Jetpack. Crash pulls out his jetpack from Crash 2 and flies it until it runs out of juice. He can travel in any direction, and pressing the attack button in this state allows Crash to spin attack once.

Down Special: Fruit Bazooka. Crash pulls out his Fruit Bazooka and aims it in front of him initially, but can manoeuvre the reticule all around the stage using the joystick. Pressing the special attack button again fires a Wumpa Fruit which deals high damage and knockback, but also triggers a small explosion of Wumpa juice that also deals damage.

Final Smash: Boulder Dash. A cutscene-style Final Smash. Crash initally spin attacks his opponents, sending them to a Boulder level from the first Crash Bandicoot game. While Crash outruns the boulder, anyone caught in the initial attack of the Final Smash is unable to, and take extremely high damage and knockback.

Victory Poses

1- Crash does his victory dance.
2- Crash exits a spin attack and stands upright.
3- Crash is playing with his yo-yo, but gets all tangled up in it.

Echo Fighter
Coco- Coco has all the same attacks as Crash but is a little faster and lighter.

Victory Poses

1- Coco does her victory dance.
2- Coco is typing on her laptop, then closes it, stands up and waves at the camera.
3- Coco does her idle animation from N. Sane Trilogy where she takes a selfie.

Victory Theme
A section from the original Crash Bandicoot theme, or the N. Sanity Beach Exterior theme.

Stage
Time Twister:
The stage begins on one of the warp areas from Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Every so often, some buttons appear, and when a fighter jumps on one, a time portal appears, and the stage begins to transform into an area from the Crash series. After about 30 seconds on that area, another time portal appears, and the fighters return to the Time Twister Machine. Areas the fighters can warp to include:
N. Sanity Island- The first level from Crash 1. A flat beach, with crates that act as breakable platforms, and rarely turtles will appear that act as trampolines
The Eel Deal- Based on the level of the same name from Crash 2. A series of platforms floating in sewer water. Intermittently, the water becomes electrified, and causes damage to any fighter who touches it.
Future Frenzy- A future level from Crash 3. There are enemies that shoot lasers downwards that appear, as well as the fact that the terrain is made up of a series of conveyor belts leading to bottomless pits.
Oxide Station- The final track from Crash Team Racing. There are speedboost pads that send the fighters forward with tremendous acceleration, and making contact with a fighter in this state deals damage and knockback. Also, The racers from that game can appear in the background, and if they make contact with anyone as they drive into the foreground, they will deal damage and knockback.
Cortex's Blimp- The final boss fight from Crash 1. Dr. Neo Cortex is in the background, firing his laser gun at the fighters. The purple shots are trained on a specific fighter, blue shots travel across the stage and green shots can be attacked back at Cortex. If he takes enough hits, he can be defeated, and will fall off his hoverboard.

Assist Trophy
Aku Aku- If a fighter summons Aku Aku, he appears on that fighter's face, granting them temporary immunity and enhanced speed. Making contact with the fighter in this state results in high damage and knockback.

Items
TNT Crates- Jumping on a TNT crate makes it count down to from 3 before exploding. Attacking it causes it to explode immediately.
Nitro Crates- Explode on contact. If a fighter has a projectile attack, they can shoot the crate to trigger it from a distance, potentially causing damage to other fighters. Otherwise, it will disappear if left unattended for long enough.

Music
Crash Bandicoot Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the main themes from the first 3 Crash games.
Dr. Neo Cortex Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the 3 Dr. Neo Cortex boss fight music from the first 3 games.
Dingodile (New Remix)- A remix of Dingodile's theme from Crash 3
Rock It (New Remix)- A remix of the Rock It theme from Crash 2
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped Theme (Crash Bandicoot: Warped)
Papu Papu (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Nitrus Brio (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Tiny Tiger (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy) (2nd game)
Warp Room Theme (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Bear It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dingodile (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot 3)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. N. Gin 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Boss Theme (Crash Team Racing)
Wizards & Lizards (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Crunch Time (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Main Theme (Crash Nitro Kart)
Slip-Slide Icecapades (Crash Twinsanity)
Main Theme (Crash Twinsanity)

Klimax

Smash Ace
Moveset

Neutral Special: Tornado Spin. Mashing the special attack button allows Crash to perform his trademark spin attack. Pressing the button once is a regular spin, but pressing it repeatedly activates his Death Tornado Spin, which lasts longer and, when used in the air, can be used to slow Crash's descent. Mashing the button too much, however, can make Crash dizzy and easily susceptible to attacks.

Side Special: Slide. Crash quickly slides forward, just like he does in the games. At the end of the slide, if Crash jumps, he is given more height than his regular ground jump, and can jump once more in the air for even more height/distance.

Up Special: Jetpack. Crash pulls out his jetpack from Crash 2 and flies it until it runs out of juice. He can travel in any direction, and pressing the attack button in this state allows Crash to spin attack once.

Down Special: Fruit Bazooka. Crash pulls out his Fruit Bazooka and aims it in front of him initially, but can manoeuvre the reticule all around the stage using the joystick. Pressing the special attack button again fires a Wumpa Fruit which deals high damage and knockback, but also triggers a small explosion of Wumpa juice that also deals damage.

Final Smash: Boulder Dash. A cutscene-style Final Smash. Crash initally spin attacks his opponents, sending them to a Boulder level from the first Crash Bandicoot game. While Crash outruns the boulder, anyone caught in the initial attack of the Final Smash is unable to, and take extremely high damage and knockback.
Very good moveset, if i had to make one, i would change this: As a down special, i would have Aku Aku to make a spin around Crash (just like he does in Crash Team Racing), it makes some damages and counters projectiles.
And i would take the fruit bazooka as the final smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Activision did a pretty good job on destroying this character in the past, unfortunately.
That was Radical Entertainment's fault, before Activision even published Mind Over Mutant on their behalf. Those "Radical" hacks turned Tiny into a Bengal tiger that is a feeble satire of Mike Tyson, in Crash of the Titans, and that's the tip of the iceberg. The less said about Crash Tag Team Racing, the better.

If anything, Activision wisely put the IP out of its misery before Radical continued to ruin the cast even further (although granted it was mainly because Radical didn't plan to put out one Crash game a year), and they gutted out Radical and kicked them upstairs after Prototype 2 bombed.

Mixed blessing, yes, but as a long-time player of most Crash games, I sadly got to see his downfall on a personal level.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Honestly, Activision came in after the Radical Entertainment era. When they bought Vivendi they took a look at Crash and decided to shut him down, since he wasn't a cash cow anymore and the industry was in its FPS phase.

I don't like Activision's business policies, but they're not responsible for Crash's decay. They're just the ones who put him to sleep after some other developers wrecked his popularity.

EDIT: KirbyWorshipper beat me to it.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Okay, I've only just discovered this thread, and I'm gonna contribute, dammit!

The original Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 is the first video game I ever played, and it would mean the actual world to me to see him in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm such a Crash dork that I've worked on not only a moveset for Crash, but a way to incorporate the Crash series into the game on almost every level. Check it out:

Moveset

Victory Poses

1- Crash does his victory dance.
2- Crash exits a spin attack and stands upright.
3- Crash is playing with his yo-yo, but gets all tangled up in it.

Echo Fighter
Coco- Coco has all the same attacks as Crash but is a little faster and lighter.

Victory Poses

1- Coco does her victory dance.
2- Coco is typing on her laptop, then closes it, stands up and waves at the camera.
3- Coco does her idle animation from N. Sane Trilogy where she takes a selfie.

Victory Theme
A section from the original Crash Bandicoot theme, or the N. Sanity Beach Exterior theme.

Stage
Time Twister:
The stage begins on one of the warp areas from Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Every so often, some buttons appear, and when a fighter jumps on one, a time portal appears, and the stage begins to transform into an area from the Crash series. After about 30 seconds on that area, another time portal appears, and the fighters return to the Time Twister Machine. Areas the fighters can warp to include:
N. Sanity Island- The first level from Crash 1. A flat beach, with crates that act as breakable platforms, and rarely turtles will appear that act as trampolines
The Eel Deal- Based on the level of the same name from Crash 2. A series of platforms floating in sewer water. Intermittently, the water becomes electrified, and causes damage to any fighter who touches it.
Future Frenzy- A future level from Crash 3. There are enemies that shoot lasers downwards that appear, as well as the fact that the terrain is made up of a series of conveyor belts leading to bottomless pits.
Oxide Station- The final track from Crash Team Racing. There are speedboost pads that send the fighters forward with tremendous acceleration, and making contact with a fighter in this state deals damage and knockback. Also, The racers from that game can appear in the background, and if they make contact with anyone as they drive into the foreground, they will deal damage and knockback.
Cortex's Blimp- The final boss fight from Crash 1. Dr. Neo Cortex is in the background, firing his laser gun at the fighters. The purple shots are trained on a specific fighter, blue shots travel across the stage and green shots can be attacked back at Cortex. If he takes enough hits, he can be defeated, and will fall off his hoverboard.

Assist Trophy
Aku Aku- If a fighter summons Aku Aku, he appears on that fighter's face, granting them temporary immunity and enhanced speed. Making contact with the fighter in this state results in high damage and knockback.

Items
TNT Crates- Jumping on a TNT crate makes it count down to from 3 before exploding. Attacking it causes it to explode immediately.
Nitro Crates- Explode on contact. If a fighter has a projectile attack, they can shoot the crate to trigger it from a distance, potentially causing damage to other fighters. Otherwise, it will disappear if left unattended for long enough.

Music
Crash Bandicoot Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the main themes from the first 3 Crash games.
Dr. Neo Cortex Theme (New Remix)- A remix of the 3 Dr. Neo Cortex boss fight music from the first 3 games.
Dingodile (New Remix)- A remix of Dingodile's theme from Crash 3
Rock It (New Remix)- A remix of the Rock It theme from Crash 2
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
Crash Bandicoot Theme (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped Theme (Crash Bandicoot: Warped)
Papu Papu (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Nitrus Brio (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Dr. Neo Cortex 2 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Tiny Tiger (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy) (2nd game)
Warp Room Theme (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Bear It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot 2)
Rock It (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dingodile (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot 3)
Dr. Neo Cortex 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Dr. N. Gin 3 (Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy)
Boss Theme (Crash Team Racing)
Wizards & Lizards (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Crunch Time (Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex)
Main Theme (Crash Nitro Kart)
Slip-Slide Icecapades (Crash Twinsanity)
Main Theme (Crash Twinsanity)
Good stuff! I'd argue the slide would be more appropriate for the dash attack though, maybe replace it with him throwing crates like Nitro.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Just saying, but Chrom and K. Rool are first party characters, as they're 100% owned by Nintendo. The only "second party" series playable in Smash is Pokémon, due to the complicated licensing that series has in comparison to others (Nintendo, GameFreak, and Creature Inc all own a third of it).

That and Castlevania is Konami, not Capcom. :p
XD Sorry, anyways Konami also made Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex for PS2 and Xbox and Gamecube, and Super Bomberman R

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff! I'd argue the slide would be more appropriate for the dash attack though, maybe replace it with him throwing crates like Nitro.
That's Awesome, Boulderdash is an Excellent Final Smash for Crash and Coco, They could run past characters with a giant boulder behind them, it wouldn't even have to be cinematic, but if it was, I'd want a Sliding Spin attack to bounce the characters into the cutscene where Tiny Tinger or N. Gin launches a boulder at your opponents. (Just in Case an extra branch of adventure mode involving DLC characters includes Dr. Cortex as a boss)

Also, Crash's A neutral should be a normal spin then a kick then a punch like the deleted attack from twinsanity. His dash attack should be a slide, his up smash could be jumping on a TNT crate (must run away immediately) his neutral special can be the cyclone spin, and the side special can be a sliding jump spin. Down Special could be a TNT Crate Crash's up smash should be a diagonal Wumpa fruit canon, side smash a horizontal fruit canon. Sliding kick is both Crash and Coco's crouch attack, and Crash and Coco's wumpa canon have a different number of wumpa fruit and a different pattern and total damage is similar. Crouching Sweep kick has better launch/knockback distance when Coco uses it. Coco is also about 3% or 4% lighter than Crash, but it's almost negligible.

What if Konami worked with Activision's feedback on Crash and Coco as echo fighters? Nah, we'd get sexism if Konami did it. Konami's a facial hair salon waiting to happen.

Correction, Wrath of Cortex was made by Traveller's Tales, Konami was just the publisher for it in Japan.
they published the gamecube version in America and Europe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom