• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
I kinda think Crash is high in the running now. He's popular in both America and Japan, and is one of the few remaining "big name" mascots that hasn't gotten into Smash yet.

I'd say it's a race between Crash, Spyro and Master Chief, but I'd like to see them all.
Considering Spyro's games flopped horribly in Japan and Master Chief was deconfirmed by a Microsoft employee, I think it's just Crash really.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, I went through the Crash Soundtracks, and here's what I came up with for the songs I would go for.

Warp Room/Title Medley
Cortex Medley
Bonus Room Medley
N Sanity Beach
Hog Wild
Heavy Machinery
Snow Go
Sewer or Later
Hang Eight
Bone Yard
Dingodile

D

Deleted member

So, I went through the Crash Soundtracks, and here's what I came up with for the songs I would go for.

Warp Room/Title Medley
Cortex Medley
Bonus Room Medley
N Sanity Beach
Hog Wild
Heavy Machinery
Snow Go
Sewer or Later
Hang Eight
Bone Yard
Dingodile
I would add some Twinsanity tunes like the MechaBandicoot theme.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think that the trailer should instead feature Crash and Sonic.

Maybe even with a racing theme due to the popularity of Mario Kart, Sonic All Stars Racing and Crash Team Racing.
Yes that’s a lot better trailer

And now hearing the color theory

Crash is orange

And for blue Ryu Hayabusa is the best idea I can come up with since that’s was the color of the ninja suit back on the new

By the way banjo is definately yellow since his shorts are yellow

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Where do these colours for this colour theory come from?

Eh, gets some stuff right so far but said Erdrick instead of Luminary specifically.
Color theory comes from the website and the background colors for each newcomer on the tap section.

As for the name, even Vergeben got that wrong and he clearly had info on that for a while.

zferolie

Smash Hero
One fun thing of note is this old "leak" I saw circulating around Gamefaqs. Odds of it being legit are not high but it has Crash and it has been right so far so whatever

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973
The only thing I don't like about that is no female characters. Call me shallow but I love playing as girls and kicking boys asses haha. And yes I know Kazooie is a girl but still.

If Crash has a Coco alt I would be fine. Love the tales series so I wouldn't mind Lloyd

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The only thing I don't like about that is no female characters. Call me shallow but I love playing as girls and kicking boys ***** haha. And yes I know Kazooie is a girl but still.

If Crash has a Coco alt I would be fine. Love the tales series so I wouldn't mind Lloyd
I also would love a Coco alt/Echo fighter/whatever. TBH I prefer playing her to Crash in N. Sane because she just seems happier to be there. Like she is just so happy to be in the game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I also would love a Coco alt/Echo fighter/whatever. TBH I prefer playing her to Crash in N. Sane because she just seems happier to be there. Like she is just so happy to be in the game.
Yeah, thats one reason I started likeing her so much, since I am basically a noob crash fan haha

StormC

Smash Hero
Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie were the Simon Belmont and King K. Rool of this DLC cycle: one was reliably leaked and the other was a highly anticipated fan favorite character. If you didn't put them on your fake leak nobody would believe you.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Pick up CTR Nitro Fueled. It will give you your Crash Fix ^_^.
Already have it preordered for switch. excited to just kick everyones butts with coco, and looking forward to baby coco, as I was a daisy main in mario cart and sometimes I used baby daisy for the lulz

Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie were the Simon Belmont and King K. Rool of this DLC cycle: one was reliably leaked and the other was a highly anticipated fan favorite character. If you didn't put them on your fake leak nobody would believe you.
Banjo was a 50/50 with steve. it was a good guess.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo was a 50/50 with steve. it was a good guess.
I knew there was never going to be a (first) Microsoft character that isn't Banjo-Kazooie. Nintendo and Sakurai were well aware of the fan demand and the chance to revive a classic Nintendo IP in Smash would be a huge publicity boon for both of them. Any leak with Steve always felt contrarian to me.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I knew there was never going to be a (first) Microsoft character that isn't Banjo-Kazooie. Nintendo and Sakurai were well aware of the fan demand and the chance to revive a classic Nintendo IP in Smash would be a huge publicity boon for both of them. Any leak with Steve always felt contrarian to me.
I felt banjo was more likely too, but still wasnt counting steve fully out

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say that an additional season with CTTR-related characters is looking likely, between what's said on the stream and the implication of the Spyro Grand Prix tossing in his friends.

What I'm uncertain about is if they'd do Twinsanity characters alongside the rest of the NG stragglers. Evil Crash and Evil Coco seem like a no-brainer, at least.

Edit: Hot-diggity-dog, it looks like I may have gotten my answer.

Also, on the topic of console-exclusive characters:

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Considering Spyro's games flopped horribly in Japan and Master Chief was deconfirmed by a Microsoft employee, I think it's just Crash really.
It was Frank O'Connor who "deconfirmed" him but he's known for constantly trolling the Halo community. Sometimes he just outright lies.

Reignited Trilogy got released over there but I'm not sure how well it did.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Now that Banjo-Kazooie are in, Crash is no longer tied for my #1 most desired newcomer.
I know that LaxChris is a joke, but he occasionally reports on decent things:
https://youtu.be/ZU6A-xnLhGA
Assuming these two extra slots are not a mistake (and that it's not completely fabricated), Crash and Spyro would be the best 2-character pack outside of the Fighter's Pass.

PsychoJosh

Now that Banjo-Kazooie are in, Crash is no longer tied for my #1 most desired newcomer.
I know that LaxChris is a joke, but he occasionally reports on decent things:
https://youtu.be/ZU6A-xnLhGA
Assuming these two extra slots are not a mistake (and that it's not completely fabricated), Crash and Spyro would be the best 2-character pack outside of the Fighter's Pass.
I'm pretty sure that's just a mistake. They added Banjo-Kazooie and DQ Hero and forgot to remove two of the "?" tiles to compensate for it.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The only thing I don't like about that is no female characters. Call me shallow but I love playing as girls and kicking boys ***** haha. And yes I know Kazooie is a girl but still.

Eh, I'm not really sure if going through their choices for the DLC, they'd specifically wanted to shoot down or bring up a character because they were a female fighter, instead of more significant reasons like if they were iconic/marketable/whatever.

I'd like a Coco alt too, but are we sure there'd be no issues with putting their different skeletons over the same body/animations, considering Coco has a neck? I mean there wasn't with differently proportioned male/female human characters, but between that and making animations suitable for the both of them like the idle and spin ones, I wonder if maybe they'd just make an echo fighter at that point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bandibros, I forgot to mention, I did manage to find a Twitter account that retweets fan art from other ones.

https://twitter.com/TheWumpaGem

Also, this is the best number theory I've seen so far:

I'd like a Coco alt too, but are we sure there'd be no issues with putting their different skeletons over the same body/animations, considering Coco has a neck? I mean there wasn't with differently proportioned male/female human characters, but between that and making animations suitable for the both of them like the idle and spin ones, I wonder if maybe they'd just make an echo fighter at that point.
It is an issue to consider. We still don't know if DLC Echoes are on the table, since the current pass focuses on uniques only.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The most important reason for Crash to get in is the fact that one of his games was published by Konami once. It's only proper that he finally gets to meet his former coworkers. :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake: This totally isn't a shameless plug for me to wish seeing Wrath of Cortex being remade next.

Everything can’t be a clue for Smash people.
Besides, no one can really tell who's telling the truth anymore, considering that Kirkhope was in on the whole thing. We can only wait and see.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The most important reason for Crash to get in is the fact that one of his games was published by Konami once. It's only proper that he finally gets to meet his former coworkers. :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:This totally isn't a shameless plug for me to wish seeing Wrath of Cortex being remade next.
I would rather see Wrath of Cortex reimagined if you would. The plot was ehhhhh. Some levels were good but many were not. I would love to see it reimagined (with crunch of course).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would rather see Wrath of Cortex reimagined if you would. The plot was ehhhhh. Some levels were good but many were not. I would love to see it reimagined (with crunch of course).
That's the plan. Coco in particular would certainly get a complete gameplay overhaul, the music has to be improved massively, and it wouldn't take 5 hours just to load a level.

Sadly, we can't have R. Lee Ermey doing Wa-Wa again (RIP), but thankfully I think Mark Hamill would be readily available for Py-Ro.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I think that the trailer should instead feature Crash and Sonic.

Maybe even with a racing theme due to the popularity of Mario Kart, Sonic All Stars Racing and Crash Team Racing.
I could see them doing that, Wouldn't be the first time because Smash 4 had Rosalina's trailer feature Mario Kart (with Kirby). And then there was a MK8 trailer right after that confirmed Rosalina's appearance in that game!

Not saying I think Mario & Sonic could appear in Crash racing....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I could see them doing that, Wouldn't be the first time because Smash 4 had Rosalina's trailer feature Mario Kart (with Kirby). And then there was a MK8 trailer right after that confirmed Rosalina's appearance in that game!

Not saying I think Mario & Sonic could appear in Crash racing....
If they do console-exclusive guests, I could see Mario show up. What I'm unsure about is who the others would go with. Like, would Sony take the obvious route of Ratchet & Clank, or pay tribute to Naughty Dog with Jak & Daxter?

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
If they do console-exclusive guests, I could see Mario show up. What I'm unsure about is who the others would go with. Like, would Sony take the obvious route of Ratchet & Clank, or pay tribute to Naughty Dog with Jak & Daxter?
Would be crazy if they did both (and ultimately gave each version 2 exclusive characters, so Nintendo's would likely be Mario & Link).

Can someone lay out easily for me the total playable characters available day 1 and the DLC roadmap for me? I'm not getting the game day 1, but if I do decide to get it, it would probably be during the holidays, along with the Crash & Spyro trilogies. Likely all on Switch.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Imagine a Crash reveal, starting as if it were a Crash Team Racing trailer. On the starting line however, to his right, Sonic pulls up on his car. Crash looks surprised as Sonic looks back. To Crash's left, Mario pulls up on his kart, and Crash looks way more surprised (almost to the point of going WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!). The three face forward looking at the starting lights as they change from red, to green. At the mark they start off the race and the shenanigans begin. In the midst of the chaotic race, Mario throws out three Red Shells (one manages to hit Sonic), and the other two are closing in on Crash. Crash looks back, and puts out a grin as he tosses a TNT box to break the shells. The blast was close to his kart and as it catches air, "Crash Bandicoot: Crashes the competition!" transitions into the SSBU reveal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, here's a drawing that sums up all the current Nitro-Fueled character wishes (prior to June 11, of course).

Although Mega-Mix would be a huge stretch. *badum-psh*

Would be crazy if they did both (and ultimately gave each version 2 exclusive characters, so Nintendo's would likely be Mario & Link).

Can someone lay out easily for me the total playable characters available day 1 and the DLC roadmap for me? I'm not getting the game day 1, but if I do decide to get it, it would probably be during the holidays, along with the Crash & Spyro trilogies. Likely all on Switch.
Okay, so on July 3 it'll start with the Nitro Tour Grand Prix with the Nitro Squad, consisting of Tawna, Isabella, Ami, Liz and Megumi. No idea when the other two DLC packs come, but the second, Back N. Time Grand Prix has Baby T, Baby Crash and Baby Coco, and that will be followed by the Spyro Grand Prix (AKA Spyro and Friends), whose amount of characters is unknown. That being said…

https://gamerant.com/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-spyro/

I love the implication that there's even more coming after those, according to the article writer.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Warp Room/Title Medley
Cortex Medley
Bonus Room Medley
N Sanity Beach
Hog Wild
Heavy Machinery
Snow Go
Sewer or Later
Hang Eight
Bone Yard
Dingodile
How about music from CTR? I'd maybe add Crash Cove or Coco Park and the boss race music.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crash is coming. I feel it in my special parts.
Oh my.

Well if Crash is coming, we must be louder and more vocal. Us Crash supporters need to make Crash a known presence in the field as a top seed. Be loud. Be proud. Fight the good fight. Will it change anything? No. Will it be good to help get Crash to the front of everyone’s mind? Yes.

D

Deleted member

Oh my.

Well if Crash is coming, we must be louder and more vocal. Us Crash supporters need to make Crash a known presence in the field as a top seed. Be loud. Be proud. Fight the good fight. Will it change anything? No. Will it be good to help get Crash to the front of everyone’s mind? Yes.
Crash is not only relatively highly requested, he's extremely relevant, even more so than Banjo and perhaps even the Hero.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Alright, here's a drawing that sums up all the current Nitro-Fueled character wishes (prior to June 11, of course).

Although Mega-Mix would be a huge stretch. *badum-psh*

Okay, so on July 3 it'll start with the Nitro Tour Grand Prix with the Nitro Squad, consisting of Tawna, Isabella, Ami, Liz and Megumi. No idea when the other two DLC packs come, but the second, Back N. Time Grand Prix has Baby T, Baby Crash and Baby Coco, and that will be followed by the Spyro Grand Prix (AKA Spyro and Friends), whose amount of characters is unknown. That being said…

https://gamerant.com/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-spyro/

I love the implication that there's even more coming after those, according to the article writer.
thats a lot of characters.... but as a noob i don't know any of them. Some look like the trophy girls though....

Top Bottom