• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Simply fantastic. A kart racer, but with emphasis on character. If only Nintendo would take note of this for future Mario Karts (to say nothing of better rosters/an adventure mode, of course)

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Been keeping up with Nitro fueled a lot lately. Speculation for this game has reminded me a lot of Smash speculation lol.

There's a lot I'm hoping for. Tawna, Brio, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, Baby T, Nina, Pasadena, Rilla Roo, Spyro...

Although we definitely don't have that many racers left, especially since Fake Velo and Penta Penguin are obviously in.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Been keeping up with Nitro fueled a lot lately. Speculation for this game has reminded me a lot of Smash speculation lol.

There's a lot I'm hoping for. Tawna, Brio, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, Baby T, Nina, Pasadena, Rilla Roo, Spyro...

Although we definitely don't have that many racers left, especially since Fake Velo and Penta Penguin are obviously in.
Assuming we'll get any more casual racer reveals. :ohwell:

Maybe E3 can surprise us, who knows.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
If we didn't get anything else I'd be more than okay with that haha. This game is more than I ever expected it to be and I'm an optimistic person! That said, I'm hoping for the missing Naughty Dogs- Brio, Tawna, and Kong, as well as Nina.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm kinda glad the retro stage is just a reskin of Turbo Track because now I don't feel like I'm losing anything by having the Switch version of the game.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Crash has a lot of personality, I'm just now realizing. He's an exciting candidate, I want him in.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
Hmm yeah I'd blame him lol. I feel you Lurking on the retro track. Shame about the retro skins but it's fair. Is it safe to assume all of us here are on the Switch? I need guys to play with :201h::201y::201p::201e:

D

Deleted member

I'm picking the Switch port on Christmas while picking the PS4 one at launch.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey all!

Crash is being rated in the rate their Chances thread! Show your support!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hmm yeah I'd blame him lol. I feel you Lurking on the retro track. Shame about the retro skins but it's fair. Is it safe to assume all of us here are on the Switch? I need guys to play with :201h::201y::201p::201e:
I'm planning on double dipping on PS4/Switch for CTR-NF

Only a few days until we get all the final stuff for the game plus any information on Crash hitting the Smash roster

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, last night, I had a dream in which I came upon an article for an announcement that I've missed, about Tawna becoming playable in a Crash game (Remastered Trilogy?), accompanied by screenshots and a concept sketch of her throwing a punch. Then I woke up.

It just hurts, lads...

Well, in the meantime, at least there's been rumors about Spyro floating around.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So, last night, I had a dream in which I came upon an article for an announcement that I've missed, about Tawna becoming playable in a Crash game (Remastered Trilogy?), accompanied by screenshots and a concept sketch of her throwing a punch. Then I woke up.

It just hurts, lads...

Well, in the meantime, at least there's been rumors about Spyro floating around.
That alone would make sales go up higher than any Naughty Dogs character that's left lol

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
PENTA PENGUIN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED THROUGH THE OFFICIAL NITRO-FUELED STREAM!

1560113750583.png

I think the CSS also had a scroll bar meaning there could be more characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was a part of the Youtube at E3 stream. You can see the full Crash segment here.
Looks like they're still drip-feeding reveals then, especially considering that this time it's purely about Penta. We may not have seen everyone just yet.

Nice macaroni penguin skin tho.

Also, the mystery of Penguin Yay 1/2 is finally solved, Naughty Dog had ran outta time before finishing him.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Throwing Penta in is a nice surprise and long overdue! Now it's time to see what other characters are in and there's heavy rumors spreading around about one character

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm really surprised they decided to make Penta an Advanced class character, I thought he was going to be in the begginer class

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Did anyone LOL'd when they mentioned Penta had similar stats to Polar and Pura, yet he is an advanced character?

UserKev

Smash Champion
I hope Crash is the actual E3 Newcomer reveal. I just want something unpredictable.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I hope Crash is the actual E3 Newcomer reveal. I just want something unpredictable.
Banjo would make me hype

Crash would make me literally run around the house acting like a five year old and then running all over the neighborhood knowing that one character I've been wanting in Smash for 18 years finally made it in

Please don't jinx this Sakurai

D

Deleted member

My dream picks would be Crash Bandicoot and Eight for DQ8.

But Banjo and Erdrick will do for now honestly.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No matter who gets announced, we're probably going to be getting CrashBoards regardless.

Also, at this point, I'm not sure if anything is unpredictable - I feel like people have speculated about every possible (or at least reasonable) option, so no matter who gets revealed, someone will say that they called it.

D

Deleted member

Damn if tomorrow they revealed Crash and Erdrick for Smash, the F4 and Samus in UA3, a new 2D Metroid and a Godzilla game I would be nuts and crazy from the hype and joy.

And yes, maybe running around the house too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some people have already been datamining Nitro-Fueled since its available for preinstall on Switch. So far they just found a few voice lines and such so it shouldn't be too long until we know the final roster.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No matter who gets announced, we're probably going to be getting CrashBoards regardless.

Also, at this point, I'm not sure if anything is unpredictable - I feel like people have speculated about every possible (or at least reasonable) option, so no matter who gets revealed, someone will say that they called it.
Yeah, the definition of who's unpredictable has utterly been run into the ground by the fanbase ever since Reggie's quote at the VGAs. We have characters that people stopped expecting, only for them to be unexpected, and now we have characters that were unexpected since alleged leaks popped up months ago and people got resigned to expect them, but now they're unexpected because people aren't be sure to expect them anymore.

It's all a mess, really. :dizzy:

One thing for is, I agree that this is likely to happen to the server:

Some people have already been datamining Nitro-Fueled since its available for preinstall on Switch. So far they just found a few voice lines and such so it shouldn't be too long until we know the final roster.
I'll take any leaks for the game at this point, the suspense for waiting to see if anything else is coming is eating at me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for Tawna, Nina and Brio.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, speaking of crash team racing, still no word on Tawna yet huh? The game does need more female characters, only Coco is not enough(even though Coco is awesome)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, speaking of crash team racing, still no word on Tawna yet huh? The game does need more female characters, only Coco is not enough(even though Coco is awesome)
Yeah, nothing yet. It doesn't help that they seemingly cut out the trophy girls for no reason other than being too sexy. EVEN THOUGH THE E10+ RATING EXISTS. :hulk: What kind of backwards thinking decision is this in such a day and age?

Still, I just hope I'm worrying for nothing...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, nothing yet. It doesn't help that they seemingly cut out the trophy girls for no reason other than being too sexy. EVEN THOUGH THE E10+ RATING EXISTS. :hulk: What kind of backwards thinking decision is this in such a day and age?

Still, I just hope I'm worrying for nothing...
I saw a video that had a screenshot of crash team racing, and to the side there was a very female bandicoot like arm. Has anyone here seen that one? I think that means some sort of female bandicoots are in, maybe Tawna, maybe the trophy girls, maybe both

Top Bottom