The Bandicoot Returns - The Crash for Smash Thread

3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I liked how the director knowingly chuckled right before confirming. Yay, we're getting new racers! It makes me wonder if Crunch's debut Wrath of Cortex may get rebuilt from the ground up at some point.

Also, I find it ironic that they removed anti-gravity from the CNK tracks, in a time where Mario Kart incorporated it.
I have a feeling it may be a mixture of Wrath of Cortex and Crash Nitro Kart

Ridrool64

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Wrath and Twinsanity music tracks would be a tragedy, considering that their soundtracks are (to my tastes) the best Crash has ever had. In particular, I can single out the Evil Twins' battle theme from Twinsanity as the single best song in the game, but hey if Crash is in beggars can't be choosers.

Dude, they've gotta add the Warp Room theme from Crash Warped. Its practically Crash's theme song for certain fans.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I'd love for Crash to get a cinematic final smash that takes his opponents to the result screen from Crash1 and have them bombarded with dozens of crates ending with a Nitro crate.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Dude, they've gotta add the Warp Room theme from Crash Warped. Its practically Crash's theme song for certain fans.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I'd love for Crash to get a cinematic final smash that takes his opponents to the result screen from Crash1 and have them bombarded with dozens of crates ending with a Nitro crate.
I was shocked to know that the Warp theme was not the original theme, it's my Crash theme lol.

Perkilator

Smash Apprentice

Dude.

Sakurai’s gotta hier you. That’s brilliant.

Some other ideas for Crash's FS:

-Some kind of giant Nitro/TNT chained crate explosion
-"Time Trial Run" - Crash grabs a golden clock and performs a rapid combo of shooting the opponent with his bazooka, sliding into them, tornado spinning into them upwards and jumping off of them, to replicate the experience of doing an extreme time trial run of a Crash level that involves successive skidding, crate bouncing-off-of and tornado spinning across crevices.

Also here's some fanart from a Japanese fan that wants Crash in...

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Journeyman

More new skins for Crash, Cortex and Coco! (And no one else.) This time, it's a pre-order bonus for every platform.
Hmmmm, I mean they're neat and all, but it's hard to top the PS1 skins.

Personally I'm hoping we get cameo racers. I want Spyro, or maybe Mario for the Switch version

Being the new character added to Smash Ultimate.
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Okay, but would Japan get bonus Western skins in return? That's what I'm unsure about.
Nah.
They are skins for them too. Maybe just with the difference of the skins being unlocked from the start in the japanese version, but not much else.

3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Thinking about these costumes being added to CTR Nitro Fueled, I started asking myself something...

What if we got japanese skins for Crash, Cortex, Coco and Fake Crash?
Would be nice if we can get them for not just those four. I get CCC are the trios of the series, but sounds like they're ignoring everyone else too

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
If Crash is going to be a playable character, you might as well have items from the Crash universe thrown in too, like the TNT and nitro crates for example. The TNT crate can be jumped on as well as can be thrown but after doing so starts its recognizable countdown before exploding. They also instantly explode upon hitting a player. Nitro crates due to their unstable nature will instantly explode upon a player coming into contact with it. There might also be Aku-Aku and Uka-Uka boxes depending on the character, and breaking one dons players with an Aku-Aku or Uka-Uka mask with temporary invincibility for a short time.

3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Any chance of Crash and Spyro together as a pack?
Would be a hell of a way for Activision to market its DLC as the best.
Plus, Crash and Spyro are just an inseparable pair.

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW 0351 1523 9047
Any chance of Crash and Spyro together as a pack?
Would be a hell of a way for Activision to market its DLC as the best.
Plus, Crash and Spyro are just an inseparable pair.
Considering that DLC is so limited (as far as we know, it's just going to be the six characters that have already been announced - Piranha Plant and the five from the fighter's pass), it doesn't seem likely. With only four spots left, three if you count the leaked character, it seems unrealistic that Activision will get two of them.

Plus, from what I've seen, Crash seems to be significantly more popular than Spyro.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
NNID
NapoleonPlays
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

CTR was my second game. It's a shame that N sanity trilogy almost certainly isn't coming to switch. I would love to play it AND it would be a huge boost in Crash's chances for smash.

Any moveset that doesn't involve the Wumpa bazooka is wrong.

Firstly, I'm a big supporter of Crash.

Secondly, to the person I quoted- I'm just curious how you feel, to have been given the NSane Trilogy?

Considering that DLC is so limited (as far as we know, it's just going to be the six characters that have already been announced - Piranha Plant and the five from the fighter's pass), it doesn't seem likely. With only four spots left, three if you count the leaked character, it seems unrealistic that Activision will get two of them.

Plus, from what I've seen, Crash seems to be significantly more popular than Spyro.
In Japan at least, right?