• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
In game model crash.
I agree it'll likely be the in-game model Crash, although it'd be cool to have Crash's Motorcycle jacket, Evil Crash, Fake Crash, and Carbon Crash as alt. outfits, with Coco getting an Evil Coco with white hair and a black nightshade flower, red shirt and black overalls and mad scientist goggles, and one where Coco has scientist goggles in her hair like in MoM.
But definitely, we'd be getting in-game model Crash, if not for any other reason, just because it takes less development time, and the Bandicoot games used the same character model, aside from Crash Boom Bang and CTTR. Granted, Crash Bandicoot's eyes may be redesigned in some animations and taunts to have a slightly friendlier appearance. But I don't think it'd be as drastic due to Smash being a T-rated game again.

it would most certainy be both. But I'm pretty sure the ingame model for trilogy isn't much different
Ashley is a very big demand, especially when Mona is still more popular in Japan

I'm pretty confident crash with coco echo will be dlc
Especially with the character select screen allowing you to customize it every time a new character gets unlocked.

I'm hoping for DLC event matches and a few cutscenes in some event matches. You'd unlock Crash by playing an event match where Crash fights Crunch Bandicoot as a special stage boss character.
most past DLC stages would be Switch Paid service exclusive and would swap to the DLC menu by pressing a DLC stage icon, or by pressing a button. New ip stages could also unlockable in the Event match DLC packs as unlockables. Not to mention a Stage Builder with DLC parts.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Eh? I thought Ultimate was rated E10+ last I heard.
Much to my surprise, it is. I don't know if the newcomer trailers will be contained in the game itself, but I thought that with all the deaths, it'd be bumped up to a T if Bayo and Snake hadn't already.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Much to my surprise, it is. I don't know if the newcomer trailers will be contained in the game itself, but I thought that with all the deaths, it'd be bumped up to a T if Bayo and Snake hadn't already.

Solid Snake, and Princess Peach's undergarments were the primary cause of it being bumped to a T rating last time, honestly the only reason Bayonetta didn't bump the game's rating to a T in the previous game was because the ESRB doesn't rate DLC

Also, that image is fake, due to the fact that the actual videos for Ultimate do not contain a rating symbol.

You know if Issac got in, it'd be grown-up Issac from Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
definitely not. young Isaac is much more recognizable. Its the design they even used for his AT. They'd just use that one again
We'd want both designs, just like Ike, besides, Isaac's first 3D appearance was in Dark Dawn, and it's much more memorable, and that's how he'd appear in later games if they ever made more. Unless it was a remaster of the GBA titles.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did these for other confirmed and potential newcomers and here’s palette swaps for Crash.

07ABE67A-EA83-421A-91E2-B94B1B78FCBC.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ashley is a very big demand, especially when Mona is still more popular in Japan
Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I approve.

Apparently, as long as there's no blood shown, it's safe enough for the kiddies.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Crash needs to be in this, at least as DLC. Would be hella fun to beat up Sonic and Mario with Crash (or the other way around). I'd say he's popular enough to be in, regarding all the support he gets here. Would be cool if Spyro joined, too.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
A Coco Echo Fighter would be pretty neat.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I did these for other confirmed and potential newcomers and here’s palette swaps for Crash.

View attachment 160724
I would focus either on his retro PS1/Gamecube era appearance, or his N. Sane remaster. Rather than a less modern, less relevant version of the character.
Though I must say, an alternate outfit that resembles his pants, fur pattern, and shoes from his Twinsanity artwork (the one where his shoes are yellow) wouldn't be out of the question.

Love the idea for a Tiny Tiger version of Crash though... wasn't a big fan of Tiny Tiger changing species from a Thylacine to a Bengal tiger. Technically, Tiny Tiger was a Thylacine, also known as a Tasmanian Tiger due to their stripes and saborteeth, or a Tasmanian Wolf, due to their canine appearance. It completely ignores the fact that Tiny Tiger was mutated from an extinct Australian mammal.

I do like Carbon Crash, I'm just wondering why you didn't give us an "Evil Crash" design. Deffinitely one where he's wearing his badsass motorcycle outfit, it's the closest thing to conbining badsass with cute

Love the Cameo pants, I think a Crunch Bandicoot themed outfit is a good plan. I never would have thought of it.

A Coco Echo Fighter would be pretty neat.
I think it'd be the perfect opportunity to see an E rated redesign of the character Evil Coco Bandicoot, rather than the e10+ version that Travelers Tales envisioned.
I imagine Evil Coco would appear very much like Evil Jimmy (from the tv series) or Jimmy Negatron (from the Gameboy advanced)

Crash needs to be in this, at least as DLC. Would be hella fun to beat up Sonic and Mario with Crash (or the other way around). I'd say he's popular enough to be in, regarding all the support he gets here. Would be cool if Spyro joined, too.
Spyro would be cool in this, even as an assist Trophy and multiple trophies, he'd be cool to see in Smash, at least Japanese players would be able to recognize him.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would focus either on his retro PS1/Gamecube era appearance, or his N. Sane remaster. Rather than a less modern, less relevant version of the character.
Though I must say, an alternate outfit that resembles his pants, fur pattern, and shoes from his Twinsanity artwork (the one where his shoes are yellow) wouldn't be out of the question.

Love the idea for a Tiny Tiger version of Crash though... wasn't a big fan of Tiny Tiger changing species from a Thylacine to a Bengal tiger. Technically, Tiny Tiger was a Thylacine, also known as a Tasmanian Tiger due to their stripes and saborteeth, or a Tasmanian Wolf, due to their canine appearance. It completely ignores the fact that Tiny Tiger was mutated from an extinct Australian mammal.

I do like Carbon Crash, I'm just wondering why you didn't give us an "Evil Crash" design. Deffinitely one where he's wearing his badsass motorcycle outfit, it's the closest thing to conbining badsass with cute

Love the Cameo pants, I think a Crunch Bandicoot themed outfit is a good plan. I never would have thought of it.

I think it'd be the perfect opportunity to see an E rated redesign of the character Evil Coco Bandicoot, rather than the e10+ version that Travelers Tales envisioned.
I imagine Evil Coco would appear very much like Evil Jimmy (from the tv series) or Jimmy Negatron (from the Gameboy advanced)

Spyro would be cool in this, even as an assist Trophy and multiple trophies, he'd be cool to see in Smash, at least Japanese players would be able to recognize him.
I admit I don’t know much about Crash and made the swaps after some preliminary research into the games. I will elaborate later what each swap is based on. I didn’t include any swaps that drastically changes the characters appearance as i ain’t got time for that.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I admit I don’t know much about Crash and made the swaps after some preliminary research into the games. I will elaborate later what each swap is based on. I didn’t include any swaps that drastically changes the characters appearance as i ain’t got time for that.
The Tiny Tiger character design you saw from Crash of the Titans official character artwork, is considered non-canon by most enthusiasts of the game. Carbon Crash is really the only acceptable outfit from the two Titans games, aside from maybe allowing Coco to wear her googles from MoM and the Airplane levels in Warped.

N. Sane Trilogy, The Wrath of Cortex, (and to some extent Twinsanity) are what most fans consider canon. Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant are considered to be spin-offs.

There's also the GBA games Crash Bandicoot XS/Crash Bandicoot The Huge Adventure (Tiny Tiger's bathing shorts would be cool); and Crash Bandicoot 2 N-Tranced; The Gameboy Advanced games are considered to be an alternate timeline where Dr. N. Tropy goes back in Time to stop the Bandicoots before they become experienced enough to stop him. (except for Titans which blatantly provides a "port version" of the other game's title and story)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No problem fam! I can probably help a bit:

not sure on the top 3 after default
Crunch
Fake Crash
Carbon Crash
Tiny the Tiger Crash

View attachment 160724

The more I think about it, I think a Coco and Cortex color swap would be interesting to do considering they're also a primary focus on the N.Sane Triology

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice

Crunch
Fake Crash
Carbon Crash
Tiny the Tiger Crash

The more I think about it, I think a Coco and Cortex color swap would be interesting to do considering they're also a primary focus on the N.Sane Triology
I'm thinking that would be better done with an echo. But If you're referring to palette swaps of Coco and Cortex should they ever get in Smash like Simon and Richter, I'm all for it.

But we do need Green/Blue/Yellow team swaps, however, Crash's default skin would be used for red team. I think Cyan colored fur. Yellow Team Swap can be Crash's Twinsanity fur pattern with yellow shoes and green pants though, which could work for both Green or Yellow.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm thinking that would be better done with an echo. But If you're referring to palette swaps of Coco and Cortex should they ever get in Smash like Simon and Richter, I'm all for it.

But we do need Green/Blue/Yellow team swaps, however, Crash's default skin would be used for red team. I think Cyan colored fur.
Except that some characters don't have the red/blue/green/yellow combo anymore. After Wii U's new mode where they only highlight your characters in colors, the purpose of wearing the team skin is done

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Except that some characters don't have the red/blue/green/yellow combo anymore. After Wii U's new mode where they only highlight your characters in colors, the purpose of wearing the team skin is done
I would say the tinting of the outfit color is needed in addition to the glowing barrier, just like in past games where characters were tinted different shades of light and dark if two people chose the same character and the same outfit, except instead they should now be tinted in their team color as well.

yes, white fur (carbon crash) cyan fur with green pants (just because) and purple fur with a red tint and black pants, (evil Crash) red-orange fur with cameo jeans (Crunch bandicoot) Motorcycle Jacket (from Warped in N. Sane trilogy) Fake Crash (that's a funny variant of Crash) pink shoes, baby blue jeans and blonde fur, (Coco) Indiana Crash (from CTTR akin to the boulder chase levels) and possibly tiger stripes with Tiny Tiger's swimtrunks from Crash Bandicoot XS
granted, that makes 9 alternate skins.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Crunch
Fake Crash
Carbon Crash
Tiny the Tiger Crash

That’s what the top two are after Crash. The fourth is a simple green one based on the Crash clones.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
That’s what the top two are after Crash. The fourth is a simple green one based on the Crash clones.
excuse me, but by Crash Clones, what do you mean? The Crash Clones, also known as "Fake Crash" are summoned by Papu Papu in the first game, appear in select spots in Crash Bandicoot 3 due to Time malfunctioning, is a playable character in the Japanese version of Crash Bash, Crash CTR, Crash Nitro Kart, and has a legitimate role in the story of Crash Bandicoot 2-N-Tranced for Gameboy advanced.

However, the only difference is really that Fake Crash has a unibrow and an overbite, and is slightly more mischeivious than Crash, Fake Crash isn't really green. I'm at a loss to which character you would be refering to.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
All the fake completed rosters without Crash I keep seeing is dispiriting.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think they should be requesting Shadow Knight and Banjo-Kazooie without putting Crash in there.
I haven't seen Shadow Knight really (I don't even know who that is). Banjo has higher priority over Crash due his history with Nintendo. Crash may be a bigger icon, but Banjo seems far more popular with the Nintendo audience. Definitely anything with Rayman or any other 3rd party should have Crash in it though.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen Shadow Knight really (I don't even know who that is). Banjo has higher priority over Crash due his history with Nintendo. Crash may be a bigger icon, but Banjo seems far more popular with the Nintendo audience. Definitely anything with Rayman or any other 3rd party should have Crash in it though.
Banjo may have higher priority over Crash according to the fans, but according to copyright law, Crash would be more realistic, due to Crash having a Gameboy history with Nintendo and not purposely avoiding Nintendo consoles. I mean Microsoft would probably insist that Nintendo start making games for the XboxOne as part of the deal.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
excuse me, but by Crash Clones, what do you mean? The Crash Clones, also known as "Fake Crash" are summoned by Papu Papu in the first game, appear in select spots in Crash Bandicoot 3 due to Time malfunctioning, is a playable character in the Japanese version of Crash Bash, Crash CTR, Crash Nitro Kart, and has a legitimate role in the story of Crash Bandicoot 2-N-Tranced for Gameboy advanced.

However, the only difference is really that Fake Crash has a unibrow and an overbite, and is slightly more mischeivious than Crash, Fake Crash isn't really green. I'm at a loss to which character you would be refering to.
The various colored Crash clones seen in Crash of the Titans. Honestly, I was just looking for a useable green palette as usually a green one is included.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why not just have both? One on the base roster and the other on DLC

Everyone wins

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Why not just have both? One on the base roster and the other on DLC

Everyone wins
That would be nice. Adding 2 more 3rd parties shouldn't be a big hurdle. But ideally, I'd prefer 3 or 4 more 3rd parties since Rayman could get picked over Crash. Also, Bomberman should've made it. What is Sakurai smokin'?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That would be nice. Adding 2 more 3rd parties shouldn't be a big hurdle. But ideally, I'd prefer 3 or 4 more 3rd parties since Rayman could get picked over Crash. Also, Bomberman should've made it. What is Sakurai smokin'?
Bomber seems to be on the "can't think of anything good for him until further notice" pile, like with Little Mac and (to some extent) Dark Samus.

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
Hello.
Crash is my most wanted character. I've made a moveset for him (I've posted it on another site but not on this one), so I'd like to share it here.
Jab: Light attack combo from Crash of the Titans. (yeah, i know, i don't like the game either, but it's only two moves.)
Forward Tilt: Weakly punches in front of himself.
Up Tilt: Tosses a wumpa fruit above his head before it falls back down and covers him in purple juice. If anyone is near when it splats on Crash they have damage dealt to them but no knockback, and if they get hit while Crash throws it up and while it’s in the air they have damage and knockback dealt to them.
Down Tilt: Kicks at the ground.
Forward Smash: Heavy attack from Crash of the Titants.
Up Smash: Grabs his yo-yo and attempts to do a trick, but accidentally spins it around himself, getting stuck with the string wrapped around him. Small hitbox, hits multiple times, and traps enemies in the attack making it easier to land all hits.
Down Smash: An atlasphere appears around crash, then he rocks it forward and backwards quickly before it disappears.
Dash Attack: Uses his slide attack.
Neutral Aerial: Crash does a spin that is shorter and less powerful than his neutral special.
Forward Aerial: Crash slaps in front of him.
Up Aerial: Crash waves his hands above him.
Backwards Aerial: Crash kicks behind him.
Down aerial: Crash uses his belly flop. It’s a stall-then-fall*.
B: Does his signature spin attack. Can be held to use it for longer. Stalls in the air, and can give you horizontal recovery if you move while using it.
Side B: Shoots his fruit bazooka. Can be aimed, with a line showing where it will shoot at.
Up B: Crash gets on his biplane. You have total control of where he flies, but it will crash (no pun intended) after a while.
Down B: Crash places down TNT with a 3 second countdown before it explodes. Holding the button down will use nitro instead, immediately exploding before he can place it down dealing damage to Crash as well but also dealing more damage and knockback than TNT to an enemy if they manage to get hit as well.
Final Smash: Crash spins, and anyone near him gets knocked onto an area resembling a level from Crash Bandicoot before a boulder rolls over them, dealing major damage.
Taunts:
Does his dance. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5kMoYcTSs)
Performs a yo-yo trick, this time successfully.
Aku Aku appears and Crash grabs a wumpa fruit, throwing it at him. Aku Aku hits it back, covering him in purple juice.

*https://www.ssbwiki.com/Stall-then-fall

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
As one of the most vocal supporters of Spyro's inclusion, I have decided to turn my attention towards supporting Crash Bandicoot instead.

Let's face it, Crash Bandicoot is by far and away the most popular of the two Activision-adopted PS1 mascots, especially in Japan. As a realist, I consider it a waste of energy to support Spyro when we can't even consider Crash a shoe-in yet. So, here I am.

But hey, if Crash does make it into the roster, I would bet my Green & Pink Joy-Con that support for Spyro would absolutely skyrocket.

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
As one of the most vocal supporters of Spyro's inclusion, I have decided to turn my attention towards supporting Crash Bandicoot instead.

Let's face it, Crash Bandicoot is by far and away the most popular of the two Activision-adopted PS1 mascots, especially in Japan. As a realist, I consider it a waste of energy to support Spyro when we can't even consider Crash a shoe-in yet. So, here I am.

But hey, if Crash does make it into the roster, I would bet my Green & Pink Joy-Con that support for Spyro would absolutely skyrocket.
If we get Crash, it's pretty likely we'd also get Spyro in the same game. It would feel kinda weird if we didn't.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
If we get Crash, it's pretty likely we'd also get Spyro in the same game. It would feel kinda weird if we didn't.
I know, right? There are so many parallels between these two:
  • A trilogy of genre-defining PS1 releases
  • A handful of GBA games, including their only major crossovers so far, which were with each other
  • A critically panned PS2 debut, followed up by a stylistically different, yet well-received, open-world adventure
  • A hard reboot with a shift towards beat-em-up gameplay that alienated long time fans
  • Nearly a decade of total absence from the gaming landscape following their failed reboot (don't correct me on this)
  • A ground-up remastering of their original trilogy, just over twenty years since their debut.
It's no wonder that the Spyro fanbase's favourite pastime is clamouring for Spyro's version of whatever just happened to Crash.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I know, right? There are so many parallels between these two:
  • A trilogy of genre-defining PS1 releases
  • A handful of GBA games, including their only major crossovers so far, which were with each other
  • A critically panned PS2 debut, followed up by a stylistically different, yet well-received, open-world adventure
  • A hard reboot with a shift towards beat-em-up gameplay that alienated long time fans
  • Nearly a decade of total absence from the gaming landscape following their failed reboot (don't correct me on this)
  • A ground-up remastering of their original trilogy, just over twenty years since their debut.
It's no wonder that the Spyro fanbase's favourite pastime is clamouring for Spyro's version of whatever just happened to Crash.
Crash and Spyro will always be brothers.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I am very, very doubtful about this leak. It looks like a full roster, but Crash is the only new character there? That's pretty dumb.

Also, if Crash was part of the Ultimate roster, I feel like he'd be fighter #69. Honestly, who else would be goofy enough to want such a number?

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
>blurry as all h***
>just happens to be the only non-revealed character in that character selection
>is called "Crash B." instead of "Crash" or "Crash Bandicoot"
>is less zoomed in than the rest of the characters

Definitely legit.

Fake leaks with Crash are still exciting at least. I'll give you that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom