• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's fair, there's like 50+ characters in this anyways.

That said, maybe it's me, but I can't help but feel that the redesigned Nitro Kart tracks have a bit of a Ratchet & Clank flair to them. The Teknee ones, especially.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That's fair, there's like 50+ characters in this anyways.

That said, maybe it's me, but I can't help but feel that the redesigned Nitro Kart tracks have a bit of a Ratchet & Clank flair to them. The Teknee ones, especially.
They certainly do. When I played Android Alley I could've sworn I visited that place in an R&C game.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I’ve heard a lot of people saying that Android Alley is basically Metropolis.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So you all saw the news?
For those unaware:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What gets me is that some neophytes are acting like Crash will only get mobile games from now on, even though plans for the PS5 are currently treated as a big deal and Vicarious Visions have been quiet since 2017 until the tester recruitment tweet they did.

I mean, it's not like mobile games can be spin-offs releasing alongside a major entry, or anything. :4pacman:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'll be real, I actually kinda dig the sudden new model, if only because it's more stylized than the N. Sane Trilogy Crash (apart from that freaky double thumbs-up image...yeesh). And yeah, I'm almost positive this isn't the big new title, more like a side thing. C'mon, these guys aren't Ubisoft...

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
People are overreacting so much over the mobile game. We are probably still getting a new console game soon and this could be a fun distraction to tide us over until then. Other big video game icons all have their own mobile games, what's the crime in Crash having one

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I like N. Sane's design more, because it makes him look crazy. This mobile game makes him look cute???

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
To be more specific about N. Sane Crash, I do like the overall look & the emphasized lunacy of him, but he has some hyper-realistic(?) details like how his teeth are modeled & the way the fur's rendered, that I'm never been super keen on, & that applies to the artstyle for the trilogy as a whole IMHO. Whereas the new look is more akin to the artstyle for Spyro Reignited, which I feel better retains the classic colorful cartoon vibe the series was inspired by.

That's not to say Big C's new model is perfect, mind you. The eyes are too small/rounded, the hair & eyebrows too short/boxy, & maybe the jaw could be bigger? (And the off-lookin' thumbs up pose? I just noticed he's not winking) Its got it's flaws, but it does the job.
Hope this explains my stance better...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it seems that according to a leaked early list of companies attending E3, Activision will indeed be there.

The only question is what, if anything, will be revealed from them there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess we can rule MandyCan out for Crash as FP6.

Assuming FP6 still happens at E3 maybe Crash could still be the first in the pass.

D

Deleted member

I've ask this in several boards and just for fun, which Activision characters (other than characters from Crash and Spyro) should be in the game as an assist trophy?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Aside from Crash and Spyro, Call of Duty is pretty much the only significant Activision franchise at the moment, but I don't think it would be appropriate to pick up an assist trophy and hear "tactical nuke incoming." I guess it depends on those new remakes Activision have planned.

Maybe something based on their classic Atari games, like Barnstorming or Pitfall?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aside from Crash and Spyro, Call of Duty is pretty much the only significant Activision franchise at the moment, but I don't think it would be appropriate to pick up an assist trophy and hear "tactical nuke incoming." I guess it depends on those new remakes Activision have planned.

Maybe something based on their classic Atari games, like Barnstorming or Pitfall?
I could see Pitfall Harry. Maybe involving having to survive those crocodiles above a river.

Guess we can rule MandyCan out for Crash as FP6.

Assuming FP6 still happens at E3 maybe Crash could still be the first in the pass.
However, there is still that odd shield glitch related to :ultbayonetta:, seemingly pointing to her being used as a base for a forthcoming character.

If Crash is coming at E3 at this point, it would have to be in a dual reveal with FP6 or FP8 (assuming FP6 comes before E3).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess we can also count Blizzard characters too if we're running out ideas for any Activision characters as assist trophy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reminder that Crash and Spyro are like brothers.

I guess we can also count Blizzard characters too if we're running out ideas for any Activision characters as assist trophy.
I call dibs on Junkrat!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The next Grand Prix for Nitro-Fueled will be the final one:

https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...or-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueleds-Grand-Prix

It's been a fun ride. I'm thankful for all of the content we've gotten over the months but in a way I'm sort of relieved I won't have to devote myself to Grand Prix's anymore.

EDIT: I just reread it and although this is in fact the final GP, we will still be getting characters and skins afterwards which is fine with me.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thank god, looks like the character datamine theory is still alive after all. Pity that Turbo Track is never gonna be in a cup now. At least Megamix Mania and the next new track will keep it company.

Now that there's no longer any need for new tracks (after next week), this can allow the staff to focus their efforts on other areas, like new racers, karts, trying to work out the remaining kinks in the netcode, and such. Much less stressful.

One thing I still wonder though is about the reward for beating Beenox's times. Plus I don't know if the new content will follow a strict release schedule or not.

On a side note, Nitro-Fueled didn't win Best Racing Game of the Year for the DICE Awards...Mario Kart Tour did. I don't even. :drwtf:

Oh, and one more thing: CGE provided a vid that easily shows why Crash is such a big deal in Japan.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm hoping we can at least get a few more Twinsanity characters before they are completely done updating this game.

On a side note, Nitro-Fueled didn't win Best Racing Game of the Year for the DICE Awards...Mario Kart Tour did. I don't even. :drwtf:
Untitled Goose Game won GOTY over a ton of other bigger names. That award show was a joke.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm hoping we can at least get a few more Twinsanity characters before they are completely done updating this game.

Untitled Goose Game won GOTY over a ton of other bigger names. That award show was a joke.
I think that's a guarantee, seeing as Amberly, the Evil Twins, Rusty Walrus and MAYBE Evil Crash were all teased. They could even toss in Farmer Ernest for good measure (also, he'd fit right in with the Farmer N. Gin and Rustic Fake Crash skins).

Faso115

Smash Lord
I just want Geary skins.

And i wonder if every character from the PS1 trilogy could get spirits. I doubt the bosses from 1 will get anything but i can see Cortex, Coco, N. Gin, Tiny, Polar, Pura and Brio be both cameos and spirits.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another thing to consider: it's entirely possible that when news for the next Crash game drops, Beenox may include some sort of content in regards to that for synergy reasons, especially if it's a character coming with that unknown mask we've seen in that one PS4 ad.

I just want Geary skins.

And i wonder if every character from the PS1 trilogy could get spirits. I doubt the bosses from 1 will get anything but i can see Cortex, Coco, N. Gin, Tiny, Polar, Pura and Brio be both cameos and spirits.
Tawna and Pinstripe were part of the former love triangle that was pretty popular in Japan to the point that they got to come back in Boom Bang, so they'd definitely get something.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just want Geary skins.

Probably not every character, as the DLC Pack that included the most Spirits was Terry's at 11, and with how lenient SNK were I think it's probably an indication of the maximum any series can expect to get (unless we count Byleth's at 12, but that's only after upgrades, and it's a first party series anyway). However, it's a safe bet to say that most, if not all of Crash's Spirits would be from the original trilogy.

Coco, Cortex and Aku Aku would at least be guaranteed, while Brio, Polar, Tiny, Ripper Roo, N. Gin and Dingodile would also be very likely. If there are any more than that it'd probably be just a few out of N. Tropy, Pura, Tawna, Papu Papu and Uka Uka, with some longer shots maybe being Fake Crash, N. Oxide and Crunch.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
As for Crash Bandicoot sprirt board, I think something like this:

0) Coco (if she is not an alt of Crash)
1) Aku Aku
2) Dr Neo Cortex
3) Ripper Boo
4) Tiny Tiger
5) Dr Gin
6) Dr.Bio
7) Fake Crash
8) Koala Kong
9) Twana bandicoot
10) Spyro the Dragon

I hope that if Crash gets in, Spyro makes it too as a spirit and they ripped 1-3 tracks from their trilogy.

Or even more, the same week we get Crash, there is a spirit event of Spyro that includes him, Hunter, Gnasty Gnore and other character like Elora, Bianca, Sorceress, etc.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to throw this out there: If Sony were to announce a sequel PS All Stars tomorrow and Crash was one of the characters, it wouldn't preclude him from being in Smash too. Heihachi was considered for Smash Wii U/3DS and the only reason that didn't happen was because Sakurai couldn't think of a way to make his play style work for the game.

Source

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's some food for thought; is it still possible to get guest racers from each console even though we won't get new tracks anymore? Besides, there's more than enough spacey tracks for Ratchet and Clank to play around in.

Just wanted to throw this out there: If Sony were to announce a sequel PS All Stars tomorrow and Crash was one of the characters, it wouldn't preclude him from being in Smash too. Heihachi was considered for Smash Wii U/3DS and the only reason that didn't happen was because Sakurai couldn't think of a way to make his play style work for the game.

Source
Let's not forget that there is precedence for fighting game characters showing up as a guest more than once in the same timeframe, since :ult_terry: showed up in Fighting Ex Layer, too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty confident that Crash is going to be one of the E3 reveals this year because Nintendo is very deliberate in which characters they show at E3, especially if they're third party. They knew exactly what they were doing with Megaman and Pac-Man in Smash 4. The significance of them being revealed at E3 is largely self explanatory:

Megaman- Three year hiatus from gaming and Capcom absolutely loathed Inafune at the time. Seemed to deliberately nuke anything that Inafune had been actively involved with and cancelled multiple major Megaman projects. Megaman at E3 2013 was definitely a statement about not only Smash but Megaman's future too.

Pac-Man- A lot of people were concerned that Pac-Man was going to have his Ghostly Adventures look but thankfully Sakurai went with his classic look. Even if he wasn't the most wanted third party character, there's no denying he's a global icon and absolutely deserved his private showing.

Ryu- Once again, not the most wanted third party character but Mr. Fighting Games himself. This is why Ryu getting added was honestly a bigger deal overall than Cloud. Ryu is a crossover king, probably second only to Mario. Once again, absolutely deserving of an E3 reveal.

Hero- Dragon Quest is a big deal. Not only did it basically set in place most of the major tropes for JRPGs but it's a juggernaut in Japan. Beyond that, the series is kind of a liscensing nightmare and for Sakurai to work out a deal to include it in Smash is nothing short of a miracle.

Banjo- Similar story to Megaman. Big fan favorite, especially among Nintendo fans, that had been gone a long and worrying hiatus with multiple major projects canned, only to appear in Smash.

Crash is yet another character similar to Megaman and Banjo. Absolutely beloved character but fell from grace, took an almost decade long hiatus only to come back thanks to amazing remasters. Now the table is set for Crash to make a true comeback as a gaming star and what better way to celebrate that than Smash? Not a huge Crash fan personally but Crash deserves nothing less than an E3 or VGA reveal.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I can safely report that I just got the Rustland GP decal. Been a while since that kind of thing accidentally happened.

Also, Steve Blum isn't coming back to voice Velo, I pretty much saw that coming. I blame VA union legal nonsense for this one. So whoever does him better do the best impression ever.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Also, Steve Blum isn't coming back to voice Velo, I pretty much saw that coming. I blame VA union legal nonsense for this one. So whoever does him better do the best impression ever.
Ouch that stinks. I'm hoping Velo's new voice isn't mediocre. I wish this weren't a possibility but if Brio and Pasadena's Nitro-Fueled voices are anything to go by then it could actually happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depends on how many months of practice they've had, anyway. You can tell that Debi had more time to do Nina. Although I find her trying to sound Texan to be cute, don't judge me.

Also, I get the feeling that Maurice Lamarche is too expensive or busy to hire consistently these days, but it's not the first time Brio's VA's been swapped, so I'm used to this sort of thing as a Crash veteran.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Nah, notice how most of the VAs are already credited in the base game so that's why they constantly reusing them. The odd one is Gregg Berger who is in the game just not really voicing a playable one.

Gimme Ripto

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah, notice how most of the VAs are already credited in the base game so that's why they constantly reusing them. The odd one is Gregg Berger who is in the game just not really voicing a playable one.

Gimme Ripto
At least he'll be likelier now that they don't need to adhere to GP themes anymore. It's more accurate to say we have yet to hear Berger at all.

On a related note, which other characters do you think some of those present VAs can be casted to? Here are my theories...

Willie Wumpa Cheeks: Tom Kenny. Straight-up Spongebob, except he's a sour fruit.
Hog: Andrew Morgado, easy. The guy's practically a new Frank Welker.
Madame Amberly: Whoever it is that did the Sorceress (either Misty Lee or Cissy Jones). No idea if she can pull off a French accent though.
Rusty Walrus: Fred Tatasciore (even though Dwight Schultz is present). I mean, he's pretty much type-casted at this point...

Last edited:
Top Bottom