• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

MattX20

Smash Hero
My personal feeling that given the very negative reception Byleth ultimately received, I don't think Nintendo can afford to wait 5 months for just 1 fighter to start this new wave of DLC off. I get the feeling we'll have one reveal before E3, and they need to convince people it's worth buying and not a disastrously poor sendoff all over again. Crash would certainly get people back on board.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering how the fanbase keeps crawling back every time after a roster ends on a wild card character, I really don't think it'll affect much. They know that we always go through the Seven Stages of Grief anyways. I mean, base roster this time ended on a heel and a plant.

new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png

Seriously though, I'm surprised nobody did a variant of this template for Smash fans yet.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Just gonna swooce on here to comment on the MandyCan situation. I don't know if I'm completely correct here, but I can say with some certainty that this account was completely manually deleted, not suspended due to a rule violation. All suspended accounts have "This account was suspended due to a violation of the Twitter rules" when you visit their page. MandyCanNot does not, it has a message saying the account never existed, which generally speaking means the account was nuked by the user.

I once knew someone who ran into the under-13 issue when setting up an RP account. I'll ask him about it but I'm pretty sure he was suspended, not deleted, and eventually got the account back. I'll update this post when I know for sure.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I know it'd be much easier to see him applaud his opponents, but you know what would be hilarious?

If whenever Crash didn't win, he just slept through his opponent's victory animation. Like in CTR and Nitro Fueled.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now here's a question that needs to be brought up. Since Spirit Boards for DLC characters will almost assuredly happen with these new 6 fighters as well as music tracks, the question ultimately becomes how many spirits do you think Crash will get/how many music tracks/remixes we will get? Unlike Mai Shiranui, I don't think getting Tawna to make a cameo will be a problem with her current design from the N. Sane trilogy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Now here's a question that needs to be brought up. Since Spirit Boards for DLC characters will almost assuredly happen with these new 6 fighters as well as music tracks, the question ultimately becomes how many spirits do you think Crash will get/how many music tracks/remixes we will get? Unlike Mai Shiranui, I don't think getting Tawna to make a cameo will be a problem with her current design from the N. Sane trilogy.
Yeah, it wouldn't be that different of using Krystal who BTW has the most revealing of her outfits as the one in Smash

She is fair game.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know it'd be much easier to see him applaud his opponents, but you know what would be hilarious?

If whenever Crash didn't win, he just slept through his opponent's victory animation. Like in CTR and Nitro Fueled.
That's genius! It's been a while since we got something series-appropriate, so I'd love to see that. :ulticeclimbers:

Yeah, it wouldn't be that different of using Krystal who BTW has the most revealing of her outfits as the one in Smash

She is fair game.
It feels to me like Beenox and VV did everything possible in terms of contingency, in the event that Crash gets to Smash.
>give pants to 2/5s of the Nitro Squad, shrink Isabella and Megumi's boobs, lengthen Liz's top and don't have them bounce at all anymore
>give shorts to Nina under her skirt
Sure, they're playing it safe, but it's pretty damn thorough for safety measures.

As for swag to come with, assuming Activision and co. aren't as generous as SNK, I think we could get at least somewhere around 15 to 20 spirits, and about 10 tracks. I could see them fit in as many stage cameos as possible, at least.

Of course, I could be proven wrong and they may go full-hog anyway (especially since Japan loves this series), so who knows I guess...

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Man I'd be my dream if the next two fighters were Crash & Ryu Hayabusa. I don't read to much into leaks, but the MandyCanNot person did predict Byleth in October & said that there wasn't gonna be a Smash announcement at Game Awards 2019. Plus I noticed until recently they were pretty much a complete unknown, had barely any follows stuff like that. Whenever they started gaining traction this last week and got a lot of views they delete their account. Usually with leakers it's opposite, most like Sabi, Vergeben or whoever love the attention & glory of being right and being in the "know how." But this person seemed very discreet, like a for real insider, not broadcasting information everywhere.

Of course there is a good chance they made a fake account and made it look like the had a correct history leaking things, just too troll. But regardless, Crash Bandicoot is a big enough name to make it into Smash. Real leak or fake leak regardless.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Forget the Twitter user and his strangeness (even if it is bleeding weird to bail when we're nowhere near a general Direct or Smash reveal), we still got other possible clues to suggest that Crash might be coming next, like E3, June being a noteworthy month for Crash, and the upcoming Crash game to tie into.

Also, we've yet to see a general Direct this month and it's nearly been two weeks since the Pokémon Direct.

In the meantime, Naughty Dog themselves will be streaming NF tomorrow!

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Spyro is basically Ridley 2.0. The difference is that he's a third party character, and while he has some support for Smash in the west I doubt it's enough to make him being in Smash.
At best I could see Spyro being announced as a Mii Costume alongside Crash.
Wait he's too big too?

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

I always figured that crates would fall & break over his head as he clapped. But this would be just as funny!

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I support this without a doubt.

And his Clasic Mode should be called 'Hey, Plumber Boy!' Or I'd riot

MattX20

Smash Hero
At this point, are there any really major characters left that haven't been added to Nitro Fueled? It feels like pretty much every major and minor Crash character's been added.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, are there any really major characters left that haven't been added to Nitro Fueled? It feels like pretty much every major and minor Crash character's been added.
Pretty much just Fake Velo, Willie Wumpa Cheeks, Madame Amberly and the Evil Twins. Anyone else beyond those is gravy. That would leave odds and ends like Mr. Crumb and Rusty Walrus.

Next month's datamine shows we're getting Velo, even though it seemed like he'd be saved for last...

That's a lot of pre-planning for an Area 51 joke.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Initially I had Crash pinned down as a Spinning themed classic mode. "Spin It to Win It!"
  1. :ultkirby: | Fountain of Dreams | Gourmet Race (Melee)
  2. :ultincineroar: | Pokémon Stadium 2 | The Battle at the Summit!
  3. :ultlink: | Great Plateau Tower | BoTW 2017 E3 Presentation
  4. :ultmario: | Paper Mario | Ground Theme/Underground Theme
  5. :ultsamus: | Brinstar | Brinstar (Brawl)
  6. :ultsonic: | Windy Hill Zone | Live & Learn
  7. Bonus Game
  8. Either Crazy Hand (w/ Master at over 7.0), or :ultbowser: then Giga :bowser: | Omega version of Crash's Stage | Either Crunch Time, or Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash 1/2/3), whichever makes it in.
  9. Credits: Either whatever version of Crash 1's theme or Crash 3's theme we get.

But I have another idea for a Classic Mode... it's 5th generation themed. I won't give up on this until it actually happens, it should've happened with Banjo, why did they do Icies 2 instead of a Nintendo 64 themed classic mode. "Hey, Plumber Boy!" works as a name for that!
  1. :ultsnake: | Shadow Moses Island | Encounter
  2. :ultcloud: | Midgar | Let the Battles Begin!
  3. :ultsonic: | Green Hill Zone | Super Sonic Racing
  4. Bonus Game (now we're going Nintendo!)
  5. :ultkirby: | Fountain of Dreams | 02 Battle
  6. :ultbanjokazooie: | Spiral Mountain | Spiral Mountain
    1. If other DLC really can't be used, :ultdk::ultdiddy:| Kongo Falls | DK Rap
  7. :ultmario: | Omega Rainbow Ride | Slider (Melee)
  8. Ganon | Crunch Time! (if that's there. If not, then we just have to go with Calamity Ganon Phase 2 like usual)
  9. Credits: Either whatever version of Crash 1's theme or Crash 3's theme we get.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
What're the chances we get a Megamix spirit? I know its obscure, but I feel like having him be a legendary spirit would go well with having Cortex, N.Gin, Tiny and Dingo as spirits too!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Diddy Kong Racing was used as a base reference for CTR
I mean, it was obvious.

What're the chances we get a Megamix spirit? I know its obscure, but I feel like having him be a legendary spirit would go well with having Cortex, N.Gin, Tiny and Dingo as spirits too!
That depends on whether or not Acti and co. dump all their art assets on Sakurai.
And by that, I mean literally. :p

Otherwise, 50%, I think.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
You know, since MandyCan's twitter came back and it seems like he was being honest about someone changing his Twitter age to below 13, I am willing to trust him a little more. I still am wary of the possibility of him lying though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just had a thought. Now, there was this guy, who happened to have gotten most of the Mii costumes for Fighter Pack 1 right, as well as some SNK stuff, which turned out to be the Spirit Board characters for Terry, possibly among other things. Now, I believe that this same person said that Crash was going to be Fighter 5 on the first pass. I could be wrong, but think about it: if that were the case and I am right about what he said, and we got Byleth instead, and MandyCan is saying that Crash is Fighter Number 6; do you guys think it is possible that they changed Crash from being Number 5 to Number 6 and replaced with Byleth as Number 5 if this is correct (and I remember correctly)?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Possible, but your line of thinking has no basis. Its easy to compile false evidence when we want a character but its better to not put too much credibility in the common reappearance of "favorite character" in leaks. Crash is in vogue so its not uncommon for him to be considered.

Not trying to poop on your theory, just don't want to create any false hope.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Yeah we've seen time and time again how other fanbases have believed their character is coming based on leaks/rumours/patterns only for nothing to come from it. Both Nintendo and Sakurai like to do unexpected things and break their own 'rules' all the time.

Anyways, the CTR remake was the most fun I've had with a racing game in years. Drifting perfectly through Hot Air Skyway is so satisfying. I hope something from the game gets in music or cameo wise if Crash gets in.

SonicMario

Smash Master
This is going to be kind of a corny post. But this is somewhat of a tradition of mine that I hope brings good luck to the Bandicoot in the near future.

You see, far back in the Brawl days and I think even some times during Smash 4. Whenever I got to a milestone amount of posts (4,000 as of this post) I would do some sort of special post regarding support for Sonic's inclusion. And in the case of Smash 4, Sonic's return to Smash. With Sonic basically becoming a staple of Smash now that he's been in 3 games (4 if you count 3DS as a seperate game), it might be time I try to bring the good vibes to some other character.

I wish I could do this for who I must admit would be my real most wanted, but I know is most likely no longer possible: Tails. But given not only was he spirited, but he was double KO'ed with the return of his Mii costume in Joker's presentation. I have to go to something else.

And well, while I can't say I'm as big a Crash fan as I am of Sonic. Crash Bandicoot is probably the next best thing I can think of having been somewhat a part of my childhood. I never owned a PS1, but there was a cousin in my younger years I'd occasionally head on over to and they had a game I'd play nearly all the tim when there: the original CTR. Now I played it as if it was Mario Kart as I was too young to really understand the whole powersliding mechanics and thus the game when trying adventure mode was too hard. I nonetheless did like the game alot even if I sucked at it.

In the Gamecube/PS2 era I was a little more involved with Crash. Though I must admit I never really bought a Crash game. I mainly rented games like Nitro Kart, Twinsanity, Tag Team Racing. And I think I even rented Crash of the Titans during the Wii era. But as the franchise went dormant, I thought the franchise may never return to any prominence. Until of course the N Sane Trilogy came around. I double dipped on the N Sane Trilogy when it came to the Switch after I wasn't sure it was going to leave the PS4. And I'm now fully enjoying CTR Nitro Fueled on the Switch. A remake of the very same game that I loved as a kid going to a cousin's house. And now I feel my enjoyment of the franchise fully rejuvenated.

And I truly believe he's my most wanted out of any realistic choices. I don't know if the Mandy leak is true. Though I must mention a fact that maybe some of you weren't aware of: Sonic was in fact kind of leaked for Brawl too. Granted it was just days before the day he was revealed. But there was someone who posted in the Sonic thread back in the day that said Sonic was going to be revealed on Wednesday, October 10th. And he in fact was. Now it'll probably be a long time before we know MandyCanNot's claim of Crash is true unlike how fast it took for the leaker who told the Sonic supporters the date of when Sonic would be revealed. But I think I'll give the same advice I gave back then before we knew if that person was right: Cautious optimism. If Crash is indeed next, we will have our day of celebration coming. But even if it's not to be. Crash probably still has a shot for the remaining 5 spots. We'll just be lumped with all the other possibilities if Mandy's claim isn't true and no longer the supposed frontrunner. Mandy certainly seems to be staking their reputation on the bandicoot though, so if nothing else. There will be consequences if they're wrong.

Even in the scenario that Mandy is just a troll, the Crash claim would be their last claim if it turned out wrong because they're outright going big and doubling down on this. They'd have their hearty laugh that they put on this act to fool us, but even in the worst case scenario Smash wise that Crash just isn't in Ultimate at all. At least we know Crash still has a future that was made clear by the success of both N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled. We already know a new Crash game is in the works. And with it new heights for the rejuvenated franchise to hit.

I dearly hope that someday soon I'll get to have Crash alongside Sonic fighting out with Nintendo's best and other awesome choices from the other companies. While it looks like I won't get Tails. Crash is also orange, a cartoon anima, can spin, and probably brings more to Smash then Tails would have anyway. And I would just about feel completely fulfilled in perhaps the biggest way ever since Sonic first got in Smash on that fateful October day. ^^

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Possible, but your line of thinking has no basis. Its easy to compile false evidence when we want a character but its better to not put too much credibility in the common reappearance of "favorite character" in leaks. Crash is in vogue so its not uncommon for him to be considered.

Not trying to poop on your theory, just don't want to create any false hope.
What do you mean my line of thinking has no basis? I wasn’t trying to say the leakers were right, nor was I saying I thought my theory was correct. It was just merely a thought. That is all.

I also wasn’t trying to create, nor did I mean to try and make false hope myself.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
That's a real nice post SonicMario SonicMario , hopefully you can get Tails in the next game. It still feels weird how there's only one Sonic rep, even more so considering Shadow would be the ideal 'echo' who ended up back as an AT.

Anyways, I think we've got a while to wait... Crash isn't likely going to be deconfirmed with a post-game spirit board or a Mii Costume, so Crash fans will need to ride it through to the end. I'm kinda giving up on Spyro and leaning more towards Crash cause I really think he has a decent chance, 'leakers' aside.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CrashyNews takes the most logical stance towards this whole issue: a neutral one.

Best to assume the possibility that while it could be unlikely, it could also very well be a Cassandra situation.

I take it this thread wouldn't have any issues with Coco being a Crash ALT, right? I think it would be a reasonable thing to do since Crash and Coco play the same in the games.
Yup. The only thing many of us argue is that she wouldn't fit the skeleton via Crash's general lack of neck...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I take it this thread wouldn't have any issues with Coco being a Crash ALT, right? I think it would be a reasonable thing to do since Crash and Coco play the same in the games.
Considering their differing proportions, there might be some issues in making Coco work as a costume. Of course the N. Sane Trilogy succeeds with it, so it's not unthinkable, but a fighting game is a bit more touchy and needs to be more precise with hitboxes and hurtboxes, as a Coco player you wouldn't want to be hit just because the opponent punched Crash's invisible nose. It'd also depend a lot on how they animate Crash, and I feel like that might be the breaking point. You'd expect Crash to move a lot and be super energetic, the Smash team tends to put a ton of care in expressing a character's personality in their movements, and I'm not sure that they'd be able to translate that directly over to Coco and still have it be faithful. That's not to mention all of the small things either, like taunts and victory animations.

In theory I don't mind the idea though, the more Crash representation the better, but I think when the characters' personalities are so different, it's just very difficult to make it work. It works fine with the Koopalings and Alph as they overlap a lot with the main fighter in so many ways, but it's probably the reason they didn't do something similar with Dark Pit, who would fit perfectly as a Pit skin proportionally, but not in terms of personality.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Crash is most definitely coming and it's one of the only characters most people don't bother debating anymore. PlayStation icon. Former rival of Mario. One of the biggest Western characters. Wanted since Melee. GG. In my opinion, he's virtually inevitable, especially in the light that Crash has been "on Nintendo's side" since the early 2000's and Activision/Blizzard has been a BFD since, well, forever. People want it. Nintendo knows people want it. It's not a matter of if but when.

On that topic, I think it will be later than sooner. Crash screams E3 reveal, not a random Direct drop. Plus, with the whole Mandycan thing, it's reached a saturation point. Too many eyes are now on it and too many outlets have covered it. Yes, Activision sucks at keeping secrets but I feel like, if Crash was soon, Nintendo or Activision would have blown Mandy's ass to the Stone Age. Nintendo took the possibility of Byleth leaking with grave seriousness, do you think this would fly, especially more than a week out and everyone talking about it? This is Crash Bandicoot we're talking about. If this were real, Mandy would probably be hooked up to a car battery right about now.

Top Bottom