• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Beenox put so much love into CTR:NF, I don't think it's physically possible to dislike the game. Pretty much every major Crash character in existence is playable (or has a decent cameo), and we're still getting even more stuff! Crash, along with Coco/Fake Crash as an alternative character costume, would be the perfect way to end the first fighters pass.
...I keep seeing people say we can't get two 3D platformers in smash during the first pass, but with that logic, Joker and Hero shouldn't have been in the same pass??? They both come from rpgs. Furthermore, they come from different themed rpgs, so having Banjo be the sandbox 3d platformer and Crash be the linear 3d platformer would be fine, if this fan rule ever truly applied.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
What's up, Crash supporters? I've decided to pay a visit here in celebration of the Game Awards and the fact that I've been betting on the orange marsupial for some time now. Good luck to you all, if anyone here is going to be watching it anyways...

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Well, no matter who fighter 5 is, I think it's pretty unwise to not have them at appear during a big event like the TGA's; sure, Nintendo Directs pull in a majority of Nintendo's own crowd, but what about fans of Xbox, PlayStation and everything else? Even in Nintendo's own fanbase, I always see people who are clueless about directs days after they happen. Huge missed opportunity on their part. (Didn't joker get a very thrown together trailer last year too???)

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Well, no matter who fighter 5 is, I think it's pretty unwise to not have them at appear during a big event like the TGA's; sure, Nintendo Directs pull in a majority of Nintendo's own crowd, but what about fans of Xbox, PlayStation and everything else? Even in Nintendo's own fanbase, I always see people who are clueless about directs days after they happen. Huge missed opportunity on their part. (Didn't joker get a very thrown together trailer last year too???)
yeah this is what boggles my mind....is FP5 just so obscure that they felt An Appearance At The game awards wouldn't benefit them at all?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Crash Team Racing, have any characters been leaked/datamined beyond the current set? I figure they'll have to end these updates at some point; having the announcers as playable characters seems like a good note to end it on, and I'm not sure if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to new racers. (I'm not familiar with the Crash games post-Wrath of Cortex, but the most recent characters seem really minor/random)

EDIT: never mind; I went back to page 58, and I saw that they've datamined a track for January, and more Grand Prix sets are planned for at least five more months beyond this one.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Add me to the support list, I will be rooting for Crash heavily for post pass.

It is absolutely foolish to market yourself as the “Ultimate Gaming Crossover”, and not have Crash in it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's not a complete cast of Kart Racers you until they've added:
The Lab Assistant
Papu's Natives
Pinstripe's Thin and Fat Henchmen
Fake Velo
Victor
Moritz

Evil Crash
Rusty Walrus
Madame Amberly
Viscount
The Ratcicle
Grimly
Battler
Spike
Snipe
Sludge
Stench
TK
Warthog from Crash 1
One of those Man-eating Plants
And don't get me started on what Spyro's universe could bring...

Anyway, I'm proud to show everyone my idea for Crash's:

Up B: Rock-It

Crash utilizes his iconic Jetpack from Crash Bandicoot 2! Pressing the Up B input allows Crash to ascend in a manner similar to ROB; he rises swiftly as long as you're holding B and you control the direction he rises in. You can cover a good distance while using this uninterrupted, and if you're attacked when flying the Jetpack will explode; this hurts both Crash and potentially anyone close enough to him. The Jetpack can only be use again after Crash lands on a solid surface.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, it was proven that Verge's list of discofirmed characters was wrong and was a fake, for those who don't know, With that said, there was a leaker who; before Crash getting disconfirmed by Verge was confirmed not true, long before, actually; had a list of Mii costumes that were proven right so far, including Goemon and Rocket Grunt, and with that, said Crash is the fifth fighter. To those who know what I am talking about, does anyone still think or hope Crash could be DLC Pass Fighter number 5?

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
It's very unlikey but I'd love it if they gave Crash a Fake Crash alt costume a la Olimar/Alph.

Also on the topic of CTR I have to say I've these last 3 gend prix's I enjoyed quite a bit. Bringing back characters like Koala Kong, Brio, and even Yaya Panda just makes me happh that this game is doing well.

Just like 10 more time trials till I unlock N. Tropy.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Well, it was proven that Verge's list of discofirmed characters was wrong and was a fake, for those who don't know, With that said, there was a leaker who; before Crash getting disconfirmed by Verge was confirmed not true, long before, actually; had a list of Mii costumes that were proven right so far, including Goemon and Rocket Grunt, and with that, said Crash is the fifth fighter. To those who know what I am talking about, does anyone still think or hope Crash could be DLC Pass Fighter number 5?
Wait, when was the list proven wrong?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, when was the list proven wrong?
It was said by Sabi themselves.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Take that as you well. Do you guys think that the other Crash leak I mentioned could be happening now?

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
It was said by Sabi themselves.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Take that as you well. Do you guys think that the other Crash leak I mentioned could be happening now?
I mean, this whole deconfirmation rubbish has gotten out of hand, especially when we still don’t know when we’ll even get the next character, so I’ve chosen not to believe any of it.

That said, I still think Crash has a good shot for FP5, and if not then later. He,s one of the few influential gaming icons that is still making waves today. I’ll be baffled if he gets overlooked, especially since Nintendo has worked with Activision in the past (Skylanders Supercharged).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something I'd like to think help's Crash chances (especially post fighter pass) is how much a popular presence CTR has given the series in the past year. Its hard to think of a racer that's had more talk about it in 2019 via the sales numbers and DLC updates; content which is pretty much based around franchise fanservice with its characters and stages. Given how much of a juggernaut the Mario Kart series is, that Nitro Fueled feels like its right up there with it in terms of discussion after such a long hibernation tells you how much popularity Crash still has.

I do think any would be trailer he has should involve Mario and Sonic. The rivalry with the former is well known as everyone remembers the "Plumber Boy" ads, but something that's forgotten about in hindsight is how Crash essentially displaced the latter for a while as the go to cooler mascot in contrast to Nintendo. The PSX and Crash were as linked at the N64 was to Mario and the Saturn to Sonic. A showdown with the three of them (and... maybe someone like Banjo or Megaman) 20 plus years after their big rivalry just feels like it fits. I mean, there was a reason why images like this were prevalent once upon a time:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
If you were to tell me 10 years ago that Crash Bandicoot might have a shot at being in Smash, I would've called you crazy. But now with the original Crash games showing up on Switch, I might have to go back on that. Crash Bandicoot is one of my all-time favorite game series, and Ultimate to me is the best chance for the world's most famous marsupial to make it in. Especially since people have been requesting him since after both Crash N.Sane Trilogy on Switch and Smash Ultimate's announcement were both revealed in the same direct last year. It lined up perfectly to me. And Crash is the only Activision series that seems willing to play ball with Nintendo, and hope that it extends to Smash Ultimate eventually. Not as DLC 5, I still think that's KOS-MOS, but eventually.

Here's hoping Crash crashes the party!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the next Grand Prix is apparently apocalypse or Robot themed.
Though they've added every single playable character from all the Crash games so there's not much left for new racers.

Maybe Making Dark Crash from Twinsanity his own separate character? Promoting the abomination that is Willy Wumpa Cheeks? Making the Warthog from Crash 1's ride levels playable?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So the next Grand Prix is apparently apocalypse or Robot themed.
Though they've added every single playable character from all the Crash games so there's not much left for new racers.

Maybe Making Dark Crash from Twinsanity his own separate character? Promoting the abomination that is Willy Wumpa Cheeks? Making the Warthog from Crash 1's ride levels playable?
What about the Evil Twins? Or Madame Amberly? Or Rusty Walrus?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What about the Evil Twins? Or Madame Amberly? Or Rusty Walrus?
That would make for a good Twinsanity themed pack.

Oh, and speaking of themed packs Crash can either do another Spyro crossover or do a Skylanders one.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I mean, if they’re going as far as to add Megamix of all characters, I’m pretty sure there are still quite a few more they can add. Like where is Emperor Velo? Or the Evil Twins? You’re telling me you’re going to add characters people barely anybody knew about but not the main antagonists of games people still remember? Really now.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I just finished Crash Bandicoot for the first time tonight in the N’Sane Trilogy. Definitely a frustrating and dated title in some respects, but I did enjoy it overall and it further cements my interest in seeing Crash come to Smash. I just don’t see any good reason not to put this hugely popular and influential character in the game.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
There are people unironically rooting for Mr. Crumb. What N.sane times we live in.
Yeah that sudden Mr. Crumb support from the last few days? I take full blame for that. I drew a couple of redesign concepts to sell the potential of the character, and I think it worked too well. I think I also have haters now for it...

lt3xnttefq441.png

Sorry? Not sorry... I understand that priorities lie elsewhere. There's like 10 more characters that should make it before Crumb, but really all I wanted was to put the character out there for people to learn about.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I feel like the Crash community is just desperate for another obscure character to meme to death since Rilla Roo is now in the game.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The way that I see it, people are starting to accept that every (for lack of a better word) major Crash character is going to get in the game, it's a safe bet, I think Madame Amberly, Evil Twins, Willie Wumpa Cheeks and Velo are locks by the end of the game's life. People "meme" characters because they want some underdogs to shine and not miss out on the fun, it's not necesarily because it's a meme. You want a real meme request? Iron check point crate, the back and forward skunk and more or less the Crash Suit Guy who I kinda want.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
The way that I see it, people are starting to accept that every (for lack of a better word) major Crash character is going to get in the game, it's a safe bet, I think Madame Amberly, Evil Twins, Willie Wumpa Cheeks and Velo are locks by the end of the game's life. People "meme" characters because they want some underdogs to shine and not miss out on the fun, it's not necesarily because it's a meme. You want a real meme request? Iron check point crate, the back and forward skunk and more or less the Crash Suit Guy who I kinda want.
I mean, I get people do want those characters (heck I kinda want to see Mr. Crumb in the game because that concept art looks pretty nice) but is there any reason why he is getting more requests than other underdogs such as Rusty Walrus, Bearminator and Viscount? I mean, at least Rilla made sense because he had been a meme since before Nitro Fueled. This just feels like people jumping on another trend, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s so obvious she literally nobody was suggesting him or talking about him beforehand.

But eh, I don’t really mind if he makes it in since I’m into spooky stuff. I’d just rather see other characters make it in first.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I mean, I get people do want those characters (heck I kinda want to see Mr. Crumb in the game because that concept art looks pretty nice) but is there any reason why he is getting more requests than other underdogs such as Rusty Walrus, Bearminator and Viscount?
Flavor of the month. He was just discovered by the public so he's fresh in people's minds, and people enjoy having a new potential character to discuss, I don't think it's overall him getting more support than those you mentioned. I'm really rooting for all the Crashverse to get in tbh.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yeah that sudden Mr. Crumb support from the last few days? I take full blame for that. I drew a couple of redesign concepts to sell the potential of the character, and I think it worked too well. I think I also have haters now for it...

Sorry? Not sorry... I understand that priorities lie elsewhere. There's like 10 more characters that should make it before Crumb, but really all I wanted was to put the character out there for people to learn about.
Eh, don't apologize! I love that redesign too! Honestly, I don't really mind people requesting Mr. Crumb. I just find the whole thing funny and amusing.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Flavor of the month. He was just discovered by the public so he's fresh in people's minds, and people enjoy having a new potential character to discuss, I don't think it's overall him getting more support than those you mentioned. I'm really rooting for all the Crashverse to get in tbh.
I suppose that’s true. Nothing wrong with exploring the deeper areas of a franchise. I just find it bizarre how you can find a good handful of posts about how a single character could look, play ect. on the subreddit, yet other characters don’t even have a single piece of concept artwork that’s not made from an existing render, but that’s just me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I suppose that’s true. Nothing wrong with exploring the deeper areas of a franchise. I just find it bizarre how you can find a good handful of posts about how a single character could look, play ect. on the subreddit, yet other characters don’t even have a single piece of concept artwork that’s not made from an existing render, but that’s just me.
Well between you and me I'm working on some Bearminator right now to not oversaturate Mr. Crumb so I'll make sure to change that

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Um... Who's Mr. Crumb?
So back in like 1998 there were these little LCD game things, Tiger 99x, with mini licensed games like Resident Evil and Crash. Crash 99x follows the plot of Crash discovering a haunted mansion full of treasure belonging to Mr. Crumb, the haunted spirit of an old greedy man, which Crash ventures into to steal. After release it sold for a while but quickly became forgotten media, there's like only 3 videos with footage from this game on Youtube. It was only more recently that the game started becoming exposed and people have been catching on with it.

There's 4 original characters in this game but Mr. Crumb, being the main antagonist, is the one people have eyes on.
CRUMB.jpg

There's been a few great fan recreations in the last four days and it's honestly really charming seeing the community welcome such an obscure character like this...

Well... the majority at least lmao
20191218_140536.jpg

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So back in like 1998 there were these little LCD game things, Tiger 99x, with mini licensed games like Resident Evil and Crash. Crash 99x follows the plot of Crash discovering a haunted mansion full of treasure belonging to Mr. Crumb, the haunted spirit of an old greedy man, which Crash ventures into to steal. After release it sold for a while but quickly became forgotten media, there's like only 3 videos with footage from this game on Youtube. It was only more recently that the game started becoming exposed and people have been catching on with it.

There's 4 original characters in this game but Mr. Crumb, being the main antagonist, is the one people have eyes on.
View attachment 253649

There's been a few great fan recreations in the last four days and it's honestly really charming seeing the community welcome such an obscure character like this...

Well... the majority at least lmao
View attachment 253650
Wow, imagine being that petty.

As for who's left from Crash's past the only missing playable character is Fake Velo. Crash also doesn't have an alt resembling his Titans self while Coco and Crunch do so maybe he could be a seperate choice, with Jowls Aku Aku as his shield.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Wow, imagine being that petty.

As for who's left from Crash's past the only missing playable character is Fake Velo. Crash also doesn't have an alt resembling his Titans self while Coco and Crunch do so maybe he could be a seperate choice, with Jowls Aku Aku as his shield.
While I agree that Emperor Velo is the biggest ommission from the roster and that he would make it feel "complete" (which is why I know he'll likely be THE final addition) I could also argue that Crash Twinsanity needs something if the argument is covering all of Crash's past.

You could argue Nina is that representation but she only barely counts imo. She was meant to debut in CNK and instead did in a crappy Crash/Spyro GBA game which everyone forgot about so they think Twinsanity was her debut, where she didn't even speak at all cause the game was incomplete, so yeah.

It could be Amberly or the Twins and that'd be good enough.

And Cocortex

Top Bottom