• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
We need either Crash or Spyro.
Crash seems the more likely; past rival of Mario and Sonic, iconic and classic character. Spyro is also iconic, however, I believe his games in Japan were done incredibly poor? I remember the Spyro 1 localization for JP messed up controls and the camera pretty bad. Doesn't affect his chances, but it feels Crash just makes sense to get in first.

StormC

Smash Hero
The more I think about it, the more Crash missing out in future DLC would possibly be my only genuine disappointment.

He's popular around the world, would translate perfectly to Smash, is highly requested with a strong presence on Switch and virtually nobody against his inclusion, and would give us a third party mascot that isn't a standard humanoid (a western one at that). I'm not even the hugest Crash fan (I like the games a lot, but I wouldn't say I love them, per se), but assuming the rest of the DLC is only third party characters, Crash is definitely my most wanted. I really hope they can pull it off because although this first season of DLC has been very kind to me, it will be more difficult to stay invested in future speculation unless we get a character like Crash. So here's hoping.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey guys, I got a template from the Geno thread and I've added characters who think would be great for future DLC down the line. I also have a template if anyone else wants to have a go at it. How would you feel about this being our selection of DLC fighters?

My smash ultimate dlc fighters in order.png

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I got a template from the Geno thread and I've added characters who think would be great for future DLC down the line. I also have a template if anyone else wants to have a go at it. How would you feel about this being our selection of DLC fighters?
This would be a fantastic three seasons although I would spread Crash and Klonoa out. Season 3 feels a little heavy on the hardcore M-rated dude characters. Also could use a female character or two. Other than that I would happily buy all three of these.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

View attachment 239546
Swap Jin for Yoshimitsu and I would be beyond ecstatic. But even if the future DLC played out exactly like this I would be well beyond satisfied. Honestly all I need is Geno. Crash is the next closest thing to the absolute joy I'd experience at Geno's inclusion and Master Chief would make me super excited too and would probably break the internet.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

View attachment 239546
Perhaps not the right thread for this, but Klonoa is so out of place compared to the rest of the fighters.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

View attachment 239546
Replace Klonoa with Spyro and Jin with Heihachi, and this would be a 100% ideal 3rd party lineup.
But we still need Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Shovel Knight to be the super perfect roster.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I didn't know how to do it.
Do you have any kind of program like PhotoImpact? It looks like you're doing this on Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher, so hit PrintScreen on your keyboard, open up that program, paste the image, trim it down so that it's just the Fighters Pass 2 image, save it, and upload it to a site like Imgur.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This would be a fantastic three seasons although I would spread Crash and Klonoa out. Season 3 feels a little heavy on the hardcore M-rated dude characters. Also could use a female character or two. Other than that I would happily buy all three of these.
I couldn't really think of any major female third party characters to put in that aren't already assist trophies or spirits besides Lara Croft and Jill Valentine. Even then Jill can be a costume for Leon Kennedy and I couldn't really visualise Lara Croft as a fighter. I know I have Geno and he is a spirit but this was for the Geno thread and there are things like missing mii costume and music take downs from his series that are really going good for him, but could as easily be a Shadow and Isaac case which would be really disappointing.

Swap Jin for Yoshimitsu and I would be beyond ecstatic. But even if the future DLC played out exactly like this I would be well beyond satisfied. Honestly all I need is Geno. Crash is the next closest thing to the absolute joy I'd experience at Geno's inclusion and Master Chief would make me super excited too and would probably break the internet.
I didn't add Yoshimitsu because while he'd represent both Soul Calibur and Tekken easily, he's not the main character for either game and besides Pokemon, a series has not been introduced into Smash Bros without the main character of the series first.

Perhaps not the right thread for this, but Klonoa is so out of place compared to the rest of the fighters.
News is slow right now so there is no harm in sharing a fighters pass prediction that has Crash Bandicoot in a Crash Bandicoot support thread.
For Klonoa, he maybe incredibly obscure these days but I still view him as a second in command to Pac-Man.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Do you have any kind of program like PhotoImpact? It looks like you're doing this on Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher, so hit PrintScreen on your keyboard, open up that program, paste the image, trim it down so that it's just the Fighters Pass 2 image, save it, and upload it to a site like Imgur.
Sorry, i don't have it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Found this Smash 4 mod and thought it was pretty funny:

Not just the character mod but the items and sound effects too. They should definitely have Crash's stage turn boxes into crates.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Newest Grand Prix news has arrived:

Pasadena (and I'm assuming the rest of the CTTR characters) in November and a supposedly new character for December.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Add me to the support list!
Crash is one of my most wanted, specially if we talk about third party characters. He's a big part of my childhood, I seriously don't know how many times I've played the original trilogy, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash in the original Playstation.

I think he has high chances, maybe he won't make it but I think he's a relatively safe bet for DLC.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...ix-has-come-to-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled

Not only are we getting a bunch of cool characters and swappable driving styles for this GP, but they've even increased the amount of wumpa coins you can earn in the offline modes. Granted it's only for 30 minutes each day but it's still a great addition nonetheless. And to think people believed that the whole microtransaction thing would be the end of this game.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...ix-has-come-to-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled

Not only are we getting a bunch of cool characters and swappable driving styles for this GP, but they've even increased the amount of wumpa coins you can earn in the offline modes. Granted it's only for 30 minutes each day but it's still a great addition nonetheless. And to think people believed that the whole microtransaction thing would be the end of this game.
CTR: NF just went from a 9/10 to a 10. The swappable engines + the new engine type (Drifting type) makes the game a lot more character friendly. Outstanding move.

D

Deleted member

Yup, the Trophy Girls and Tawna are returning to the Pit Shop for this Grand Prix.

That's a good move to make.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Yup, the Trophy Girls and Tawna are returning to the Pit Shop for this Grand Prix.

That's a good move to make.
I missed out on Megumi and Liz so this is awesome news. This game just keeps getting better and better by the day.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Why would they pick E Gadd when Gooigi could do a Roy/Falco for Luigi anyway? Plus...it's E Gadd.
While I agree this is almost certainly fake, I think we're underestimating the Doc's moveset potential. I'm sure he'd play like if Luigi was completely overhauled to match the Luigi's Mansion series.

...Not sure I wanna argue about E. Gadd on a Cash Banooca thread, though.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I think he’s going to make it, he’s pretty iconic and well requested. I would like that tbh I love his franchise. He’s not my favorite Crash character though that’d be Coco or Tawna.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I think I should just make a crash moveset mockup as I am bored. I am trying to make him as different from mario as possible as it's simple to unintentionally make him a clone.
Jab would be a punch, slap, kick.
Forward Tilt would be a punch forward like Shulks rapid jab
Up Tilt would be a headbutt
Down Tilt would be a slide attack which can be jump cancelled
Forward Smash is a spin punch where he punches while moving forward slightly dealing lots of hits in rapid succession
Up Smash is a jumping punch
Down Smash is him spinning around quickly like a drill moving in a similar way to Sonic's old down smash
Neutral Air would be a spin
Forward Air is a forward kick like King K. Rools
Back Air would be a slap
Up air would be a kick upwards not like ZSS's but like Mario's Back Air but upwards
Down Air would be the bodyslam what else would it be
Grab would be standard with a headbutt pummel
Forward throw would have him throw them forward and Aku Aku vaults into them
Back Throw would have him do a spin with them then throw them
Up Throw has him throw them below then he bellyflops them
Down Throw has him put them down and spin drill them burying them
B is a spin. Can be pulled off up to 9 times in rapid succession before putting him in a dizzy state. He will glide slowly down if done in the air
Side B would be the Fruit Bazooka which could be angled and must reload after 3 shots
Down B would have him throw a random crate with varying effects
Up B would be a spring crate which could be broken and carried around
Gimmick could be him needing to fill up a meter by dodging attacks and dealing damage to unlock Aku Aku which boosts damage and speed. Fills faster if you use B. It loses charge if hit by an attack. If you fill the meter with Aku Aku then you unlock full invincibility where you can deal damage by running into enemies and are completely immune to attacks. In return you cannot attack.
Final Smash would be Crash doing a tornado deathspin whilst invincible with Aku Aku. Most likely a cutscene. Up Taunt would be Crash playing with a yo-yo, side Taunt would be Crash dance and down Taunt would be him pulling out a wumpa fruit. Victory Poses would be Crash Dance, him pulling out a random collectible admiring it then looking at the screen and a load of crates falling on his head until he pulls off his famous pose with his arms up and him crouched over. If he is in this fighter pass and Terry doesn't have a female alt then chances are Coco would be an alt with slight differences including a render which represents her better, attack aesthetics like Bayonettas Jeanne alt and maybe more major model differences like the hero from DQ8 with his mouse which is unique to him and obviously distinct voicelines. Maybe as the bellyflop doesn't suit Coco much crash and her would use the buttstomp instead and essentially borrow the attack or maybe Coco will say something which will explain why she is using something which doesn't really suit her I dunno.

And in terms of actual design I think they should just do something similar to what smashified did and base him entirely off of his old school look like what they did with essentially every smash Bros third party character except sonic, joker, Bayonetta, hero, Terry and Ryu mainly because they are better in general in their modern appearances or they haven't had a retro design.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I think I should just make a crash moveset mockup as I am bored. I am trying to make him as different from mario as possible as it's simple to unintentionally make him a clone.
Jab would be a punch, slap, kick.
Forward Tilt would be a punch forward like Shulks rapid jab
Up Tilt would be a headbutt
Down Tilt would be a slide attack which can be jump cancelled
Forward Smash is a spin punch where he punches while moving forward slightly dealing lots of hits in rapid succession
Up Smash is a jumping punch
Down Smash is him spinning around quickly like a drill moving in a similar way to Sonic's old down smash
Neutral Air would be a spin
Forward Air is a forward kick like King K. Rools
Back Air would be a slap
Up air would be a kick upwards not like ZSS's but like Mario's Back Air but upwards
Down Air would be the bodyslam what else would it be
Grab would be standard with a headbutt pummel
Forward throw would have him throw them forward and Aku Aku vaults into them
Back Throw would have him do a spin with them then throw them
Up Throw has him throw them below then he bellyflops them
Down Throw has him put them down and spin drill them burying them
B is a spin. Can be pulled off up to 9 times in rapid succession before putting him in a dizzy state. He will glide slowly down if done in the air
Side B would be the Fruit Bazooka which could be angled and must reload after 3 shots
Down B would have him throw a random crate with varying effects
Up B would be a spring crate which could be broken and carried around
Gimmick could be him needing to fill up a meter by dodging attacks and dealing damage to unlock Aku Aku which boosts damage and speed. Fills faster if you use B. It loses charge if hit by an attack. If you fill the meter with Aku Aku then you unlock full invincibility where you can deal damage by running into enemies and are completely immune to attacks. In return you cannot attack.
Final Smash would be Crash doing a tornado deathspin whilst invincible with Aku Aku. Most likely a cutscene. Up Taunt would be Crash playing with a yo-yo, side Taunt would be Crash dance and down Taunt would be him pulling out a wumpa fruit. Victory Poses would be Crash Dance, him pulling out a random collectible admiring it then looking at the screen and a load of crates falling on his head until he pulls off his famous pose with his arms up and him crouched over. If he is in this fighter pass and Terry doesn't have a female alt then chances are Coco would be an alt with slight differences including a render which represents her better, attack aesthetics like Bayonettas Jeanne alt and maybe more major model differences like the hero from DQ8 with his mouse which is unique to him and obviously distinct voicelines. Maybe as the bellyflop doesn't suit Coco much crash and her would use the buttstomp instead and essentially borrow the attack or maybe Coco will say something which will explain why she is using something which doesn't really suit her I dunno.

And in terms of actual design I think they should just do something similar to what smashified did and base him entirely off of his old school look like what they did with essentially every smash Bros third party character except sonic, joker, Bayonetta, hero, Terry and Ryu mainly because they are better in general in their modern appearances or they haven't had a retro design.
IMO his N Sane Trilogy designs pretty much matches the more furred characters in smash, like Incineroar and Banjo. Only real thing he needs is better distinction of how his fur works; CTR and N sane do this weird thing where his "hair" and fur seem to be entirely different entities on his body, which looks unnatural. They should make the hair brighter and stand up like a mohawk again so it stands out more. His 2d renders make it look good.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
"The third fighter is Professoe E.Gadd from Luigi's Mansion"

Yeah this just screams fake.
Yeah the leak kinda conflicts with what Sakurai said about wanting to bring as many worlds to Smash as possible. I think he meant new ones anyway.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So I've just watched the latest Papagenos video and there is some talk going around about this tweet from Jess Harnell at the beginning of the year. From what people have suggested, Crash could be getting a new game or even an invitation to Smash Bros. Now while this could have just been Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, this was over a month after that game was revealed and he would have voiced all of his lines by then. Not mention he never revealed what this was for so if it's not for CTR:NF then what could it be?

Here is the link to the video (It starts at 9:21): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_iqzvwWac

Crash in smash.png

Last edited:

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
Is he unionized or not? Smash usually doesn't deal with union actors, instead using old voice clips like with Sonic, or only the Japanese voice just with cloud. Or if he's unionized and recording new lines, it probably isn't for smash

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Is he unionized or not? Smash usually doesn't deal with union actors, instead using old voice clips like with Sonic, or only the Japanese voice just with cloud. Or if he's unionized and recording new lines, it probably isn't for smash
From what I could find, he isn't.

Top Bottom