• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh okay, so it was a mostly accurate paraphrase. Cool! I really hope that Nindie doesn't skip over our bandi-boi. There's no way...right?
That's up to Activision to recognise our requests for Crash Bandicoot. Sakurai would most definitely want to work on Crash if he got the opportunity and Nintendo wanting more collabs and game worlds to attract more people to the Nintendo brand also helps Crash's case.

Anyway, we'll most likely be see more third party characters in the upcoming additional DLC which means more chances for Crash Bandicoot to take a spot. Sakurai's wording implies that it will be the case.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
More DLC makes me think our boy is inevitable.
You know what they say about inevitability...

...Wait, I think I got that exchange wrong.

My point is that "inevitable" is a pretty strong word; it's probably best not to get overconfident, especially since we don't know how many characters we'll be getting after the Fighters Pass, (I'd think it would be at least two, but there's no way to know for sure).

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just a reminder that SNK only got back into the gaming spotlight around 2016 after a long hiatus. Even after years of not being in the public eye, we were able to get Terry into Smash.

Crash was also on a long hiatus and resurged in popularity around 2017 thanks to the N. Sane Trilogy. So if anyone uses Crash being absent for years as a point against him you can just cite Terry's inclusion.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

My point is that "inevitable" is a pretty strong word; it's probably best not to get overconfident, especially since we don't know how many characters we'll be getting after the Fighters Pass, (I'd think it would be at least two, but there's no way to know for sure).
Well we do have a lead as of now. We have 16 WOL Dummy Slots which are taken up by the DLC characters, the link below does not show it but I think I remember Fatmanonice on the Geno thread or WabiSabi on Twitter saying that it does update but I could be wrong.
https://pastebin.com/N258YCAz

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion

Like, what are they waiting for? The Bandicoot series is accomplished in Japan so its basically a waiting game by this point. Crash feels.. so obvious so people are becoming impatience to get the itch to stop.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Like, what are they waiting for? The Bandicoot series is accomplished in Japan so its basically a waiting game by this point. Crash feels.. so obvious so people are becoming impatience to get the itch to stop.
Yea seriously. Crash will get Eastern and Western audiences jumping for joy.

andree123

Smash Ace
Okay guys I have a idea how Crash's trailer should go.

It starts out with the intro of Crash Bandicoot 1 (the remake one), but when the Evolvo-Ray successfully shot Crash, Crash disappears, Cortex and Brio are surprised that the Evolvo-Ray malfunctioned, so they investigate on it before trying it on Tawna.

Then we get into gameplay footage of smash ultimate in the battlefield stage, Crash's entrance appears, Crash does one of his in-game poses with a tag line!

StormC

Smash Hero
I think a remix of the Crash 1 theme would be a good fit for a trailer. Something like this:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I think a remix of the Crash 1 theme would be a good fit for a trailer. Something like this:

Wish there were more people who remembered the Ukulele intro to the Crash 1 theme. I know it didn't make it into the actual game, but technically that's the real version of the song.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So, knowing that Smash is a Japanese made game, how much do you think Crash will take from his Japanese redesign?

1568873582460.png

I'm sure his Smash design would be a blend of both his original and his localized design, probably having the former's level of detail (from the N. Sane Trilogy version at least) and the vibrant colors of the latter. The tricky bit is imagining how his head will be designed... the Japanese version has narrower, simpler eyebrows, rounder eyes, black Pac-Man irises, a smaller mouth, a narrower snout, ears pointing more outwards... generally a bunch of changes to make Crash cuter and softer.

Of course, that version of Crash is also almost exclusively used in promotional material and box covers, very rarely in the games themselves (except in CTR and CTTR), so there's a chance that it might not be a huge priority to the team. But it still food for thought.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I actually don't mind either. Both look oddly.. satisfyingly identical. Its Crash's moveset I have worries for. Praying to god he uses platforms and the fruit bazooka.

StormC

Smash Hero
So, knowing that Smash is a Japanese made game, how much do you think Crash will take from his Japanese redesign?

View attachment 238762

I'm sure his Smash design would be a blend of both his original and his localized design, probably having the former's level of detail (from the N. Sane Trilogy version at least) and the vibrant colors of the latter. The tricky bit is imagining how his head will be designed... the Japanese version has narrower, simpler eyebrows, rounder eyes, black Pac-Man irises, a smaller mouth, a narrower snout, ears pointing more outwards... generally a bunch of changes to make Crash cuter and softer.

Of course, that version of Crash is also almost exclusively used in promotional material and box covers, very rarely in the games themselves (except in CTR and CTTR), so there's a chance that it might not be a huge priority to the team. But it still food for thought.
I could see it as an alt at most. I think the default would be based largely on the N. Sane look. Sakurai and the Smash team are very specific about the look of a character in Smash and how it reflects their gameplay, and I don't think they would use a version of the character almost never seen in gameplay as their basis for the default look.

That said... this is what I hope gets in as an alt costume:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I mostly expect Japanese Crash to be an alt since Smash is obviously made in Japan so they need the Western character to appeal to their own region as well, bonus points if they manage to include some JP tracks including the theme song (“KURASH BANDIKUU!”)

Another interesting idea is if they make the localized Crash alt the default in Japanese copies while the Crash we know is the main one here in the West.

StormC

Smash Hero
Another interesting idea is if they make the localized Crash alt the default in Japanese copies while the Crash we know is the main one here in the West.
I feel like this wouldn't work in an online game, or a game where you can internally change the language. Seems like they'd just default to western.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I think they'd probably just do the Western design, since as somebody else mentioned, "Soft" Crash is hardly actually in game. N. Sane Trilogy didn't even bother to replicate the regional differences that the original had, so...either the localization team didn't care, or they're trying to make the Western design the only design. Probably not.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Man, the idea of Crash and Banjo being in the same game just excites me. I know it's probably been said a thousand times, but it's something I never would imagine as a kid growing up in the '90s to see these characters along with Mario and Sonic.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What if Crash has his four costumes from the original Trilogy?
Regular Crash
Diver Crash
Biker Crash
Space Suit Crash

But yea, I'd totally main Biker Crash. Both for the aesthetic, and because I always choose the black alt for my characters. (I'm so edgy.)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Regular Crash
Diver Crash
Biker Crash
Space Suit Crash

But yea, I'd totally main Biker Crash. Both for the aesthetic, and because I always choose the black alt for my characters. (I'm so edgy.)
That would be really cool, surprised this idea never crossed my mind. I believe Aviator Crash was also in the trilogy and if you throw in a couple CTR costumes you could easily fill all 8 alts. I think it would be more likely we just get a Fake Crash alt though if they do anything like this.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Regular Crash
Diver Crash
Biker Crash
Space Suit Crash

That's a nice idea

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
That would be really cool, surprised this idea never crossed my mind. I believe Aviator Crash was also in the trilogy and if you throw in a couple CTR costumes you could easily fill all 8 alts. I think it would be more likely we just get a Fake Crash alt though if they do anything like this.
Crash will officially have twice as many characters technically playable in Smash as Sonic!!

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If Crash uses Aku Aku in his moveset, Fake Crash would definitely have to use Uka Uka. That's a detail they can't possibly miss.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I would like to see different coloured Crashes though (evil Crash can still be represented that way), so for me maybe biker Crash as his 8th skin but that's it.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Biker Crash is legendary, if they choose any alternates it should be there #1 choice. (Though Fake Crash isn't far behind)
As far as his aesthetic, I really hope they base him off the covers of the first couple of Playstation games & Wrath of Cortex.

Attachments

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
How highly requested is Crash in Japan when compared to Banjo and Kazooie? Anyone have an idea?
Banjo & Kazooie is pretty well known by older gamers there as the "western Nintendo" franchise back then. Especially B&K is one of the pioneer of 3D platformers. Although, on the other hand B&K is not really popular in Asia overall (well except me, since I follow foreign lets players back then).

As for Crash, redesigns here and there. Their interpretation of Crash there is kinda different than what you have there. But, surprisingly, he has a decent traction there. Pretty well known, but not really an icon. N.sane trilogy also bombed hard as far as I know. Also Spyro failed in Japan sadly. They'd rather have characters like Arc System games to be in Smash rather than Crash.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hello. Haven't posted on here in awhile. I'm just gonna leaves this here...
Crash Bandicoot Moveset:

Overview: The idea behind this moveset is to keep things relatively simple, but still add some small layers of strategy using these simple moves to make things interesting which is an attempt to speak to the simple but precise gameplay required to get through the Crash games. The intention was also to pull in many references from the Crash games, specifically the N Sane Trilogy. Generally, Crash has a lot of KO potential with moves that deal good damage and have good launch power but some of his moves are risky because he is kind of slow and not too heavy (he’s kind of in between being light and heavy maybe around Cloud’s heaviness). Some of the things Crash does to represent how is in the games is pick at ear and pull out a wumpa fruit occasionally while idle and say “whoa” a lot when launched and when dodging. Also, a lot of these moves are intended to look kind of silly to give a nod to the silly cartoony nature of the Crash games and how Crash is not really always...all there.

Here are other movesets I looked at for some ideas:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71799082

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76816198

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyN1E3KHec

Entrance: Crash breaks out of a crate (the kind of crate is randomly determined out of different crates from the games even metal) and flips in the air then lands and goes into idle stance.

1, 2, 3 Jab: Crash does a slow lazy-looking backhanded slap with one hand, then a faster but still lazy-looking backhanded slap with the other hand, then claps both hands together in front of him.

Rapid Jab: Crash flails his arms up and down in front of him in a comic cartoony fashion.

Dash Attack: Crash rides one of his mounts from the games (randomly chosen from Polar, Pura, Baby T, and Warthog) holding on with one hand while the other arm is held up and moves around as Crash moves. This move causes Crash’s mount to jump slightly up and farther forward dealing damage and knocking opponents that are hit forward and up slightly. The move has some endlag when Crash dismounts.

Get up Attack: Crash spins in a circle while on his back or belly, then flips up onto his feet.

Ledge Attack: Swings feet up over ledge and kicks.

Tilt Attacks:

Up Tilt: Crash stretches both arms up while yawning. A little start up delay and no end lag with lower damage than most of his moves and not much knockback, but sets up for combos.

Forward Tilt: Crash kicks forward with one leg. High damage and good knockback with some start up delay. This can KO at higher percents.

Down Tilt: Crash does his famous slide attack forward. Damaging and knocking opponents upwards. Very quick and reliable attack that doesn’t do much damage but good for combos at lower percents and can be used to move approach or disengage opponents.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Crash makes and animation like he’s reaching in his pocket while this move charges. Then Crash pulls out one of the following items and holds it over his head depending on how long the move was charged: Wumpa Fruit, Crystal, Gem, Relic, CTR Trophy in that order. Each item has a different hitbox and different damage and launching power with the smallest hitbox and least damage and launching power being the wumpa fruit then progressing to the largest hitbox and highest damage and launching power with the CTR Trophy. This move has some endlag when Crash returns the item to his pocket.

Forward Smash: Crash twists his body with his arms out at his sides bent at elbows and hands near his armpits while charging. Crash spins at a diagonal angle with a hitbox diagonally above and behind him and diagonally lower and in front of him. This move can hit multiple times with good damage and launching power at the cost of awkward hitboxes. The front part of this move can hit opponents hanging on the ledge and the back part can barely hit opponents through lower platforms. Skilled players should be able to get the hang of it though and make the most of it. This move has much less end lag than most other forward smash attacks.

Down Smash: Crash sticks out one leg to the side and puts one hand on the ground with the other leg bent at the knee with his other hand on that knee while charging. Crash does a breakdance (one of his idle animations from the Crash games). Hits multiple times dealing moderate damage with low launching power but good range hitting on both sides and slightly above. Has a little end lag with Crash returning to his feet.

Aerials:

Up Air: Crash lazily claps his hands above him with a little start up delay. This does good damage with great launching power and is able to KO at higher percentages.

Forward Air: Crash holds one arm out and slightly upwards and the other arm upwards and slightly behind him (the jumping animation from the Crash games makes Crash do a pose like this (see youtube link), so I made it one of his attacks). Deals damage at each point with little launching power making it good for combos if you can figure out the hitboxes. Also, has virtually no start up delay or end lag.

Back Air: Crash twists in the air with his body diagonal with his head up and forward and feet down and back. After spinning, Crash kicks his feet diagonally downwards. The kick has a meteor effect and generally does good damage and knockback while the twist does little damage with little knockback. No start up delay, but has some end lag.

Down Air: Crash pauses getting parallel to the ground and spreads all his limbs out, then drops down in a body slam that has a shockwave when Crash hits the ground. Opponents hit in the air get damaged and caught in the attack and pulled down with Crash. The slam itself does good damage and the shockwave does good damage and has great launching power able to KO lighter characters at relatively low percentages. But the move is risky like all similar moves (Yoshi’s down special and Bowser’s similar moves) and has the ability to cause you to SD if you’re not careful and use it off stage too low or miss hitting an opponent. Some start up delay and a good bit of end lag. It’s easy to punish this move if it doesn’t land.

Neutral Air: Crash faces the screen and spreads out all of his limbs and spins in a circle. A quick reliable attack with virtually no start up delay or end lag that does little damage and knockback but can combo into itself or other moves easily at lower percentages.

Grabs/Throws:

Grab: Grabs opponent’s shoulders with both hands. Pressing the attack button causes Crash to quickly do his iconic spin move while holding the opponent dealing damage to the held opponent as well as any opponents that are too close.

Up Throw: Spins and throws opponents up holding up his arm as if he were holding up an item like his up smash. This has little launching power and ok damage and is good for setting up combos.

Forward throw: Lifts self up putting both feet on the opponent’s belly then swings back and kicks opponent forward with both feet. This deals good damage and doesn’t send opponents too far making it good for combos.

Back Throw: Spins and throws opponents straight back dealing good damage and launching them far. This can KO heavies at higher percents.

Down Throw: Crash steps up on the opponent’s shoulders and jumps down on them dealing a little damage and planting them in the ground. The higher the opponent’s percentage the longer they are planted for, but generally it’s a brief period compared to other moves that can plant opponents.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Crash does his famous spin move. Holding B allows Crash to keep spinning and move to either side with directional input. This move slows Crash’s fall in the air and can be used as a horizontal recovery. This move also takes any non-energy based/psi projectiles (cannonballs, grenades, missiles, razor leaf, etc) that come at Crash and sends them flying in a random direction. Opponents can knock Crash out of the spin by hitting him from above or below. This move does little damage but does not launch opponents hit very far and hits multiple times. Shielding and stopping pressing B or pressing another button will cancel the move with a little bit of end lag this move also has a very brief start up delay. This move also cannot be used indefinitely and will eventually slow down and stop by itself, but can be used for a decent amount of time. Any projectile knocked away by this move makes the iconic sound from the Crash games when Crash sends a wumpa fruit flying with a spin.

Up Special: A jump crate appears below Crash which he jumps off of straight up and you can move the control stick to control the angle for better recovery at the cost of slightly less vertical trajectory. The crate falls down if this move is used in the air striking opponents hit by it dealing a little bit of damage and sending them downwards a little. If used on the ground, the crate breaks after crash jumps off of it and the shards deal a small amount of damage to opponents who were close when it breaks. This is a useful move for edge guarding.

Side Special: Crash pulls out his Fruit Bazooka and shoots a wumpa fruit straight ahead which deals good damage and has good knockback with quick travel speed as well as very briefly slows opponent’s movespeed if they are hit by the fruit. Holding down B allows you to aim the bazooka, Crash can even turn around and aim behind him and aim downwards at the ledge and at any angle above him. Releasing B shoots the fruit. This move has some start up delay and end lag so it can’t be used quickly in succession but it doesn’t have a cool down timer.

Down Special: Crash places a TNT crate in front of him. Jumping on or into the TNT crate causes a 3 second timer to count down before the crate explodes dealing heavy damage and knockback to anyone (including Crash) that is in the blast radius. Attack the TNT crate or hitting it with a projectile instantly causes it to explode. Holding down B allows Crash to place a Nitro crate instead of a TNT crate. Nitro crates deal more damage and have more launching power than TNT crates and explode immediately when touched, attacked, or hit with a projectile making them better for KOing but also riskier to use. This move has some start up delay and a little end lag forcing players to really carefully choose how and when to use this move. Using this move in the air over a platform allows the crate to be in the air over that platform, but using this move in the air with no platform below causes the crate to fall down hitting anyone below also using this move near the ledge has the same effect meaning it can be used to edge guard. This move is useful for controlling the flow of the game and establishing stage dominance and create pressure on and off stage. Opponents have to be especially careful and mindful of Nitro crates since these can’t be strategically set off in the same way as TNT crates. But players with a lot of projectiles have a better chance of avoiding these. In a way, this move is kind of similar to Duck Hunt’s can in that both players can interact with it to a degree and it can hurt the user under some conditions but generally, it favors the user. Crash can only have one TNT or Nitro crate out at once. Using Down special again will cause the previous crate to disappear without exploding so that the new one can be placed. Crash players are encouraged to try to set these up and set them off with the bazooka when opponents are near them. This move is where most of the strategy elements in this moveset come into play.

Final Smash: Crash dons Aku Aku and charges forward off screen. Opponents hit are taken to N Sanity Beach as Crash rushes back on screen placing TNT and Nitro blocks all over the screen and then rushes back through once more setting off the blocks dealing heavy damage and knockback to opponents while Crash is safe thanks to Aku Aku.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Crash takes out his yo-yo and tried to perform a trick but the yo-yo wraps Crash up (like in the Crash games). Then Crash shakes the yo-yo off and returns to idle stance.

Side Taunt: There is an explosion sound and Crash says “whoa!” and turns black and blinks while his body disintegrates to black dust. Then Crashes body reappears in idle stance.

Down Taunt: Crash does his “Crash dance”.

Victory Pose 1: Crash spins around the screen and stops with his bottom half’s back facing the screen and top half’s front facing the screen while Crash looks at the screen with a big cheesy smile and his tongue hangs out and is giving a thumbs up.

Victory Pose 2: Crash smiles smugly and holds up a trophy with one hand and does a beckoning motion with the other (like he’s saying “come at me, bro”).

Victory Pose 3: Aku Aku shows up behind Crash on one side and Crash turns to look back while Aku Aku moves to the other side then Crash turns to look on that side then Crash looks forward again and Aku Aku flies around Crash’s head and then stops beside Crash. Crash goes to give Aku Aku a high five but ends up just smacking Aku Aku since Aku Aku has no hands.

Loss Pose: Crash makes a silly dumb face with his tounge sticking out while clapping.

Death Animation: A Crash ghost leaves Crash’s body (death animation from Crash games).

Emblem: Crystal, Relic, TNT or Nitro Crate, Crate, or a Wumpa Fruit

Taglines:

Crash Crashes the Party!

Crash Goes N Sane!

Crash is Nitro Fueled!

Crash Warps In!

Palette Swap Options:

1. Coco Alt (can also have different costumes/palette swaps)
  2. Fake Crash
  3. Blue Hyena Crash with Ripper Roo broken straight jacket
  4. Yellow fur with black hair on top of head and black “N” pattern on forehead. Black pants, shoes, and gloves
  5. Tiny inspired orange fur with more menacing face like Tiny’s, camo pants, spiked bracelets instead of gloves, red and white shoes
  6. Skunk Crash
  7. Shiba Crash
  8. Retro Crash
  9. Star Crash
  10. Electron Crash
  11. Skeleton Crash
  12. Mad Scientist Crash
  13. Biker Crash
  14. Scuba Crash
  15. Aviator Crash
  16. Nitrus Oxide outfit
  17. Pinstripe outfit and face looks more like Pinstripe’s

Reveal Trailer:

Yoski, DK, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, are all fighting Bowser and K Rool on K Rool’s ship when the ship runs ashore. The fighting moves to the beach and as it intensifies, the camera pans to the ship where a crate is seen escaping from a gaping hole in the side of the ship and floating up to the beach. K Rool punches DK while DK is using his up special attack causing DK to be sent flying while spinning into the crate and the fighting stops when they all see another spinning character who then slows down to reveal that it’s Crash sticking his tongue out and looking around while picking at his ear being totally oblivious to what’s going on. Each character keeps looking at one another waiting to see what’s going to happen. Then Bowser who is holding Diddy Kong hesitantly punches Diddy Kong and the fighting resumes which Crash only joins after being scorched by Bowser’s fire breath. Crash’s splash screen appears with the tagline “Crash is Nitro Fueled!” and some gameplay footage ensues.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Banjo & Kazooie is pretty well known by older gamers there as the "western Nintendo" franchise back then. Especially B&K is one of the pioneer of 3D platformers. Although, on the other hand B&K is not really popular in Asia overall (well except me, since I follow foreign lets players back then).

As for Crash, redesigns here and there. Their interpretation of Crash there is kinda different than what you have there. But, surprisingly, he has a decent traction there. Pretty well known, but not really an icon. N.sane trilogy also bombed hard as far as I know. Also Spyro failed in Japan sadly. They'd rather have characters like Arc System games to be in Smash rather than Crash.
You got a source for that, there?
If Crash uses Aku Aku in his moveset, Fake Crash would definitely have to use Uka Uka. That's a detail they can't possibly miss.
Actually, good ol' FC has been shown to be in different alliances in the games; like in Bash he's neither the Good or Evil team, and in CNK he's on Team Bandicoot.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Japan is more inclined on voting anime-esque characters, thats the general consensus there. I wouldn't be surprised if a Touhou rep was chosen before Crash for example. If a western rep would win in Japan, it prob be Shantae or another undertale rep, as far as I know. Granted I only have this info based on what my relatives there are saying to me.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
You got a source for that, there?

Actually, good ol' FC has been shown to be in different alliances in the games; like in Bash he's neither the Good or Evil team, and in CNK he's on Team Bandicoot.
I was referring to CTR having him use Uka Uka for seemingly no reason. He's always been neutral, it just depends on who he's around I think.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Japan is more inclined on voting anime-esque characters, thats the general consensus there. I wouldn't be surprised if a Touhou rep was chosen before Crash for example. If a western rep would win in Japan, it prob be Shantae or another undertale rep, as far as I know. Granted I only have this info based on what my relatives there are saying to me.
I remember characters like Famicom Detective Club chick not making it due to non-Western presence or something. Whilst that may not be true with Touhou, I have to guess if there's even as much of a niche fanbase for it over in the West for that to be viable like Dragon Quest? But on the flip side, if Shantae's truly popular enough in Japan to be viable for a Western inclusion, I'd be interested.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! I just wanted to drop in here and show my support for Crash. He's my most wanted character (after King K. Rool and then Banjo & Kazooie) out of characters in the realm of possibility. I started with the Crash series with N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro-Fueled and am now completely hooked. So add me to the name list when you can, please! :)

Also, while I'm here, I'll share a prediction / theory I have:
Crash is Challenger Pack 5 and will be announced at the Game Awards 2019 (This is going off of how Joker in Smash and Nitro-Fueled were both announced at the Game Awards 2018) to cap off the Fighter Pass.

Thanks for reading!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey, guys! I just wanted to drop in here and show my support for Crash. He's my most wanted character (after King K. Rool and then Banjo & Kazooie) out of characters in the realm of possibility. I started with the Crash series with N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro-Fueled and am now completely hooked. So add me to the name list when you can, please! :)

Also, while I'm here, I'll share a prediction / theory I have:
Crash is Challenger Pack 5 and will be announced at the Game Awards 2019 (This is going off of how Joker in Smash and Nitro-Fueled were both announced at the Game Awards 2018) to cap off the Fighter Pass.

Thanks for reading!
If that happens I will legit scream

Yea seriously. Crash will get Eastern and Western audiences jumping for joy.
Except two of my frat brothers would be pissed saying he’s a “waste of space”.

Help me make their lives extra salty

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a moveset i came up for Crash.
Tagline: "Crash spins in!" Or "Crash goes N Sane!"
Neutral: Spin
Side: Fruit Bazooka
Up: Jet Pack
Down: Yo-Yo
Final Smash: Boulder Chase (Crash rolls on top of the infamous boulder as it squashes opponents.)

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I remember characters like Famicom Detective Club chick not making it due to non-Western presence or something. Whilst that may not be true with Touhou, I have to guess if there's even as much of a niche fanbase for it over in the West for that to be viable like Dragon Quest? But on the flip side, if Shantae's truly popular enough in Japan to be viable for a Western inclusion, I'd be interested.
Believe it or not Touhou has a niche yet dedicated fanbase in the west^^
Similar to how Melty Blood had a cult following in the west, which in turn turned into a the UNI community. I'd say never underestimate cult following.

Top Bottom