• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Every character is a corporation pick. Corporations make the game. Joker got in because his game was a genuinely popular game, albeit a flavor of the month game. He did not need bandwagonning

If a character is LEGITIMATELY popular then that inherently gives them Smash Brothers appeal. That's more important then all 4 people that cried for a decade over some extremely niche character. Crash is a HUGE icon in all of gaming. He transcends platform. Nintendo fans ADORE him and I can promise you that Crash has more Nintendo fans then Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo. Especially Ridley and Banjo considering Nintendo fans don't even BUY their games.
Let me put it another way: Nobody talks about Banjo, K.Rool, or Ridley outside of Smash roster bickering. Meanwhile Crash is one of the most iconic characters in all of gaming despite not being in the game.

Crash is famous for being unquestionably popular in Japan. He's one of the few western gaming mascots to actually succeed and become MASSIVE in Japan. The N.Sane trilogy sold great over there.

Honestly? You have let the circlejerk of this TINY insular website cloud your perspective.
I'm not hating on Crash Bandicoot as he is currently my most wanted 3rd Party Character now that Banjo-Kazooie got in and probably most wanted overall and really hope he some how makes it into one of those last 2 remaining DLC spots.

But while Crash Bandicoot is an icon in gaming, He likely doesn't mean as much to the Nintendo fanbase overall than the Playstation fanbase, Fans who grew up with the N64 in the mid-late 90's era got their platforming fix from Mario, Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie, While fans who grew up with the PS1 got their platforming fix from Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.

I'll agree that Crash is a bigger name than Banjo seeing how the PS1 outsold the N64 about 3-1 thus giving him much more exposure and Crash predates the bear and bird by 2 years, But Smash fans (Especially the hardcore ones) are mainly Nintendo fans who care and favor 1st/2nd Party franchises more which is why Banjo-Kazooie despite now being a 1st Party Microsoft Xbox Character and 3rd Party overall is still viewed as a Nintendo character because of their origins and originally being a 1st/2nd Party Nintendo Character back in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Bottom Line: Despite not being as big as Crash, Banjo-Kazooie means a lot more to Nintendo's history and their fans than Crash Bandicoot does and that's why they were so massively demanded, The same can be said for King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) and Ridley (Metroid).

I think it's a little unfair to pit Crash against King K. Rool and Ridley on popularity seeing how the main character is always overall more well known than the villain, While it's obvious that Crash is bigger than those 2, But that's like saying Donkey Kong is more popular than Dr. Neo Cortex.

When Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was announced other than Sony's current lineup of 1st Party Characters and franchises, The one character that everybody was asking for and was the most glaring omission from the roster was Crash Bandicoot, No surprise considering he was the de facto mascot for the original Playstation, He was their "Mario" and help make the Playstation brand what it is today.

But when it comes to Super Smash Bros Crash is in Nintendo Territory and doesn't really have the benefit of appealing to fans who grew up and has stiffer competition, There are good chunk of Nintendo fans who like Crash Bandicoot and probably grew up with him to a certain extent like playing their games at a friend house like I did, But I think some still see him as just another 3rd Party Character even though he's still a pretty big name.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
But while Crash Bandicoot is an icon in gaming, He likely doesn't mean as much to the Nintendo fanbase overall than the Playstation fanbase, Fans who grew up with the N64 in the mid-late 90's era got their platforming fix from Mario, Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie, While fans who grew up with the PS1 got their platforming fix from Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.
Why are you acting like EVERY Nintendo fan grew up in the mid-late 90's? The vast majority of Smash players and Nintendo fans had no experience with the company during that era, especially since barely anybody even bought the N64, and even then the majority of N64 owners don't give a single crap about Banjo considering how mediocre his sales were. By sheer numbers, Nintendo fans VASTLY prefer Crash Bandicoot.

But Smash fans (Especially the hardcore ones) are mainly Nintendo fans who care and favor 1st/2nd Party franchises more which is why Banjo-Kazooie despite now being a 1st Party Microsoft Xbox Character and 3rd Party overall is still viewed as a Nintendo character because of their origins and originally being a 1st/2nd Party Nintendo Character back in the late 90's-early 2000's.
No. Smash fans are just normal people. The VERY TINY Smashboard community does not represent the actual fanbase. Nintendo fans don't know who Banjo is. But they know who Crash is.

Despite not being as big as Crash, Banjo-Kazooie means a lot more to Nintendo's history
Not really, no. Banjo doesn't have any history. He had two games quickly plopped out in rapid succession then he died pretty much instantly.

But when it comes to Super Smash Bros Crash is in Nintendo Territory and doesn't really have the benefit of appealing to fans who grew up and has stiffer competition, There are good chunk of Nintendo fans who like Crash Bandicoot and probably grew up with him to a certain extent like playing their games at a friend house like I did, But I think some still see him as just another 3rd Party Character even though he's still a pretty big name.
You are the minority. Just because you have a very wrong and outdated view of what it means to be "nintendo" doesn't mean that everyone else does. Crash is closer to Nintendo then Banjo is. That's just a fact. I know you're too scared to leave your 90's nostalgia comfort zone but that's not the world we live in anymore.

I say a corporation pick as an influence for Joker's inclusion. Sure you could look at every character as a corporation pick but some characters wouldn't have got in if were not for the fans of Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie no matter how niche you think they are nor how much you think no one talks about them outside of Smash.
Nobody talks about them outside of Smash. That's just a fact. And it wasn't "fan demand" that got them in it was the blatant ballot stuffing that went on during the official ballot. Bottom line is that the tiny smashboard circlejerk doesn't compare to the REAL popularity Crash Bandicoot has

but because his popularity surged more recently than most characters, I don't think he has a chance at being in this Fighters Pass.
PLEASE don't post if you refuse to do research. Crash N.Sane trilogy came out a mere month BEFORE Dragon Quest 11. The timing is perfect for a spot on the fighter pass.

If you learn anything from the Banjo vs Steve
This was never a thing. Just because Banjo fans are known trolls that harass people for liking different characters doesn't mean that there was some "vs" crap going on. Dragon Quest is the minecraft of Japan, so your point is invalid.

p in mind that Crash Bandicoot has been on the down low before the N.Sane trilogy came out
The N.Sane Trilogy came out at the perfect time to get him into Smash

Again, I don't doubt that Crash Bandicoot is popular and would have worldwide appeal but it takes Nintendo a while to notice a trend in popularity. I just don't think Nintendo will be quick enough to get Crash Bandicoot in this fighters pass.
Again. The N.Sane Trilogy came out at the perfect time to get him into Smash

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Why are you acting like EVERY Nintendo fan grew up in the mid-late 90's? The vast majority of Smash players and Nintendo fans had no experience with the company during that era, especially since barely anybody even bought the N64, and even then the majority of N64 owners don't give a single crap about Banjo considering how mediocre his sales were. By sheer numbers, Nintendo fans VASTLY prefer Crash Bandicoot.

No. Smash fans are just normal people. The VERY TINY Smashboard community does not represent the actual fanbase. Nintendo fans don't know who Banjo is. But they know who Crash is.

Not really, no. Banjo doesn't have any history. He had two games quickly plopped out in rapid succession then he died pretty much instantly.

You are the minority. Just because you have a very wrong and outdated view of what it means to be "nintendo" doesn't mean that everyone else does. Crash is closer to Nintendo then Banjo is. That's just a fact. I know you're too scared to leave your 90's nostalgia comfort zone but that's not the world we live in anymore.

Nobody talks about them outside of Smash. That's just a fact. And it wasn't "fan demand" that got them in it was the blatant ballot stuffing that went on during the official ballot. Bottom line is that the tiny smashboard circlejerk doesn't compare to the REAL popularity Crash Bandicoot has

PLEASE don't post if you refuse to do research. Crash N.Sane trilogy came out a mere month BEFORE Dragon Quest 11. The timing is perfect for a spot on the fighter pass.

This was never a thing. Just because Banjo fans are known trolls that harass people for liking different characters doesn't mean that there was some "vs" crap going on. Dragon Quest is the minecraft of Japan, so your point is invalid.

Being born in the year 2000, I grew up mostly with a PlayStation and a GameCube. I didn't know who Banjo was at all. A lot of people my age and under learned about who Banjo is from all the internet personalities that put him in such high rankings of their top game lists and the like. I recently tried out Banjo 1, and I hated it. It just didn't feel like a top N64 game like Mario 64. Even with the kinda shifty releases Crash got after 2003, I'd still say most people know who he is: Sonic AND Mario's rival. Though, everybody still thinks he can't get in because Sony, despite the fact that Sony hasn't owned Crash in 15 years...

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I never said "Every" Nintendo fan grew up in the late 90's, What I'm saying is a lot of people who give a damn about Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot grew up with it and guess what ? All 3 just so happen to be released within 3 years of each other from (1996-1999).

Casuals will always be the majority when it comes to sales and install base, But how many of them actually give a damn about DLC or pushing for certain characters to make into Super Smash Bros?

That's where long time fans come in and voice their opinion, Even Sakurai has said so himself when mentioning any of these 3, Despite us being the minority it doesn't change the fact that we still managed to get Banjo-Kazooie, King K. Rool and Ridley in the game.

I don't know what you have against Banjo-Kazooie and it's fine if you don't like them, But don't go around saying that they still didn't make an impact during their time with Nintendo when that is complete bull****, They were one of the icons of the N64 era, Nintendo constantly pushed, promoted and they were up there with big names like Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu on advertisements and merchandise, They had commercial promotions for food products and have graced the cover of Nintendo Power more than once, If none of this sounds familiar to you than clearly your not old enough to understand.

Medicore Sales? The 1st game cracked the top 10 N64 games and managed to sell over 3.5 million which is great considering it's a new IP and along with it's sequel that came at the end of the N64's lifespan still managed to get over 1.5 million, Over 5 million in sales for a new IP with the N64's install base is still impressive.

If for whatever reason you still don't think Banjo-Kazooie joining Super Smash Bros Ultimate is a big deal, Then all you have to do is go check Youtube out for yourself.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nobody talks about them outside of Smash. That's just a fact. And it wasn't "fan demand" that got them in it was the blatant ballot stuffing that went on during the official ballot. Bottom line is that the tiny smashboard circlejerk doesn't compare to the REAL popularity Crash Bandicoot has.
Sure Crash Bandicoot is popular but that doesn't mean everyone within that popularity spectrum want him in Smash Bros. Especially when Crash Bandicoot is viewed as the PlayStation mascot and Nitro fueled has double the PS4 players than both the Switch and Xbox One combined. Most people playing Nitro Fueled on the PlayStation 4 don't really care about Smash Bros. You are really over selling Crash Bandicoot's popularity as Smash popularity which simply isn't the case.

Banjo & Kazooie whether you like them or not are in Smash Bros because of fan requests. Just look up Banjo & Kazooie smash reactions and you will see tons of compilations of people being excited for them. You just don't want to look it up because you're afraid it will destroy your baseless excuses.

"PLEASE don't post if you refuse to do research"

This is coming from a person who makes baseless excuses as to why Banjo & Kazooie did so well in the ballot and presents them as facts. Take your own advice.

This is a really dumb comparison because the difference is, Dragon Quest has had a solid history on Nintendo consoles and is Square Enix's best selling series in Japan. Dragon Quest 11 was also released on the Nintendo 3DS as well as the PlayStation 4 along with a long history on Nintendo consoles dating back to the 80's. One of the reasons the Hero was chosen is because the Dragon Quest series didn't do as well in the west and Square Enix wants to advertise the series to the west.

Meanwhile the N Sane trilogy didn't have a 3DS release to coincide with the PlayStation 4 release back in 2017, Crash Bandicoot's track record during the 2000's era was not so good with mediocre games such as Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant and this is during his time on Nintendo consoles. The N Sane trilogy was released on the Switch in June 2018 and by then Activision already knew the series was selling well so they don't need the help of Smash to boost sales.

Dragon Quest is the minecraft of Japan, so your point is invalid.
It's not invalid because Dragon Quest got in but Minecraft didn't. Being a worldwide phenomenon doesn't always guarantee you a spot, if it did then Minecraft would have been represented instead of Banjo & Kazooie, regardless of fan requests.

But whatever man, I hope Crash Bandicoot does get in because he'd be a cool character. I'm just expressing my doubt that he'll get in the fighters pass.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Okay, so here's a concept: Crash gets in, but his normals are mostly pulled from Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant (he can also wall-jump because he did it there, in addition to his classic crawl, but he cannot cling), while the classic games are primarily represented by his design and special moves (Tornado Spin/Wumpa Bazooka/Jetpack Boost/Crate Placement/Mecha-Bandicoot, for example). Would that be fine, great, amazing, or should CotT and MOM stay as far away from Smash as humanly possible? (The designs do NOT, and I mean, do NOT get included. Just moves that could help for his moveset) I ask because Sonic incorporates moves from Sonic the Fighters, which is generally considered a very poor game but would be invaluable for a moveset for some part.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Okay, so here's a concept: Crash gets in, but his normals are mostly pulled from Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant (he can also wall-jump because he did it there, in addition to his classic crawl, but he cannot cling), while the classic games are primarily represented by his design and special moves (Tornado Spin/Wumpa Bazooka/Jetpack Boost/Crate Placement/Mecha-Bandicoot, for example). Would that be fine, great, amazing, or should CotT and MOM stay as far away from Smash as humanly possible? (The designs do NOT, and I mean, do NOT get included. Just moves that could help for his moveset) I ask because Sonic incorporates moves from Sonic the Fighters, which is generally considered a very poor game but would be invaluable for a moveset for some part.
In my opinion, I think we should treat the titan games as a bad dream and from what we've seen of characters like Megaman, Ryu, Pac-Man, Simon, etc. they act as they do in their classic games and take very little if not nothing from their modern games. Sonic can be seen as an exception since he was created very late in Brawl's development cycle.

Unlike Sonic, Crash has plenty of moveset potential from the trilogy itself and I think it'd be best to keep it like that. I have made my own moveset list ages ago if you're interested in looking.

Fighter Ability: Aku Aku - Much like Joker's rebellion gauge, Aku Aku will appear when Crash Bandicoot takes enough damage. This will allow Crash to take half the damage and knock-back he would normally take without him. However Aku Aku has his own health bar and will deplete over time and will deplete faster if Crash keeps being attacked. If Aku Aku takes enough damage, he will explode like the Luma and the Aku Aku death sound plays.

Neutral Combo: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. Like Megaman, he can move while spinning. It is a single hit move but it does a lot of knock-back.

Dash Attack: Crash hops and lunges forward with his belly out much like King K. Rool and then falls flat on his face to the ground.

Side Tilt: Crash does the Iconic Crash spin. He can move while doing this like Megaman. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Neutral Aerial, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial.

Down Tilt: Crash performs the slide attack from Crash 2 and 3 which can be jumped cancelled for a much higher jump than his regular jump.

Up Tilt: Crash performs a handstand kick upwards.

Neutral Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Forward Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Forward Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Back Aerial. If this attack is used while performing the slide jump, Crash will gain some extra air time much like in Crash 2 and 3.

Back Aerial: Crash does the aerial version of his Iconic Crash spin. It does the same amount of knock-back as his Neutral combo, Side Tilt, Neutral Aerial and Forward Aerial.

Up Aerial: Crash flips upside down and kicks both of his feet upwards like he is stomping and flips right-side up again.

Down Aerial: Crash performs the Belly flop from Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3. It will cause him to fast fall but can meteor smash opponents if Crash manages to hit the them at the sweet spot which is under his belly.

Forward Smash: Crash repulses back as if he is trying to regurgitate something from his stomach. He then forcefully lets out forward with his mouth open with a gem on his tongue that deals knock-back to anyone in-front of him. The Gem then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The coloured gems are able to appear but they do no further damage and are purely aesthetic.

Up Smash: Crash faces his ear upward and readies his hand beneath his head as if he ready to shove slap. Crash then hits his head from below and a crystal pops out from out of the ear facing upwards. The Crystal then disappears and plays the gem collect sound.

Down Smash: Crash readies to pull out something from his behind. He then jumps and rides the now pulled Relic out from his behind like a Pogo stick to slam to the ground. The Relic then disappears and plays the gem collect sound. The colour of the Relic depends on how long the Down Smash was held. Sapphire for tap smash, Gold for animation end and Platinum for full power.

Neutral Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash pulls out the Fruit Bazooka from Crash Warped. Hold the button to aim the launcher and let go to launch a Wumpa fruit. If the button is just pressed, Crash will shoot in-front of him.

Side Special: Death Tornado Spin - Crash spins around and performs the Death Tornado Spin which unlike his regular spin, is a multi hit move with great horizontal movement but lacks vertical movement. It can be button mashed to keep Crash in the air longer.

Up Special: Jet-pack - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back as it helps propel him straight upwards until the jet-pack malfunctions and blows up, leaving Crash in a helpless state.

Down Special: Super Charged Body Slam - Much like in Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash will spin around and slam himself to the floor with much more force than the belly flop. Unlike the belly flop, the Super Charged Body Slam grants Crash Bandicoot super armour. If it is performed on the ground, Crash will hop before activating the special move.

Final Smash: Nitrus Laser Blaster - A jet-pack appears on Crash's back and flies sideways to hit an opponent. Now the playing field is set in space and the trapped opponents are in line of sight with Nitrus' laser blaster. Crash then "crash" lands onto the button by belly flopping on top of it that shoots down the opponents and instantly KOing any opponent above 100% damage.

Grab and pummel animations: When Crash grabs an opponent, he will punch the opponent with little jabs. If Aku Aku is summoned, he will pummel the opponent too.

Forward throw: Crash jumps and puts both of his feet on the opponent to kick them while flipping backwards.

Back throw: Crash performs the crash spin and throws his opponent behind him.

Up throw: Crash casually throws his opponent up in to the air with both of his arms.

Down throw: Crash, akin to Diddy Kong throws his opponent from underneath them, Causing them to be thrown behind him.

Entrance animation: A warp that leads from the Warp Room in Crash Warped appears as Crash spins around in his double jump/slide jump pose and lands onto the ground. The warp then disappears.

Idle animation 1: Crash becomes bored as he sighs, crosses his arms and taps his foot.

Idle animation 2: Crash looks to his left and right then scratches his head.

Sneaking: Crash performs the Sneak Shoes ability from the Wrath of Cortex.

Walking: Crash walks casually like he does in the N sane trilogy.

Running: Crash performs the Crash Dash ability from Crash Warped.

Crouch/Crawl: Crash crouches and crawls just like he does in his games.

Up Taunt: Crash performs the first part of the remastered Crash Dance. He has his arms out to the sides and waves them while looking from side to side. He then performs the crotch chop one to the left and one to the right.

Side taunt: Crash performs the second part of the remastered Crash Dance. He performs the running man from left to right.

Down Taunt: Crash performs the third part of the remastered Crash Dance. Crash ducks down and skids himself 180 degrees away from the screen, turns his torso and head towards the screen, giving a peekaboo pose.

Victory animation 1: Crash builds up his excitement and then jumps up with excitement while yelling "Yee-hah" where the splash screen will occur. Afterwards Crash falls down and looks at the screen in joy. This victory animation will be the only one to play for Team battles.

Victory animation 2: Crash spins his way to the results screen and just before the splash screen, Crash hits the screen. Afterwards, he will fall over and hit the ground but then decide to sleep.

Victory animation 3: Crash break-dances much like one of his idle animations. He then jumps to feet and poses like he does when he collects a gem in Crash 1 while shouting "dah dah dah daaaaaaah!" at the splash screen.

Losing animation: Crash is seen grumpy by the loss with his snout drooping as he claps slowly.

Kirby Hat: Kirby wears the top of Crash's head and carries himself a mini Fruit bazooka.

Unique feature: When Crash is KO'd via off-screen, his shoes will fly to the opposite of the direction from where he was KO'd.
These next four animations can play when Crash is certain to be KO'd and there are no walls in-between him to tech off from. While these animations are playing, Crash is not interactable and after they are done playing, the Instant KO animation plays. These animations do not play if Crash is hit during the final KO zoom.
- If Crash is hit by an explosive or a high knock-back fire attack like Mario's Forward Smash, Flare Blitz, Din's Fire, Crash Bandicoot will turn into soot and his ashes will fall to the ground.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back electric attack such as Dr. Mario's Forward Smash, Pikachu's Thunder, (Dark)Samus' Charge Shot or R.O.B.'s laser attacks, Crash Bandicoot will be comically electrocuted like in the N.Sane Trilogy.
- If Crash is hit by a high knock-back attack that could flatten opponents (Not to be confused with burying) such as Ridley, King K. Roll or Incineroar's down smash, the Bowser Bomb or the Super Dedede Jump, Crash will be flattened and will look up to see what's happening and then lie down again.
- If Crash is hit by a powerful attack that activates the special zoom feature like the Falcon Punch, Judge 9, Revenge activated attacks, etc. Crash will become an angel and fly upwards.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I mean if Simon/Richter can kinda have his whip resemble the whip design of the Erotic Violence Castlevania pachinko game or something (see Know Your Moves episode on them), sky's the limit! Obviously his traditional look and abilities come first (especially if it looks better than how he does in N. Sane Trilogy, heh), but if they want to take a simple areal or tilt from that or his Skylanders appearance or something, I wouldn't mind.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry people, but I don't have the motivation to support Crash Bandicoot for Smash or even as a series anymore.

No matter how much I love CTR NF, Twinsanity or N.Sane Trilogy and no matter my knowledge on the series, I am always getting shamed and destroyed everywhere I go just for having any interest on the character. Now things have gotten worse with the microtransaction drama, which made my love for CTR NF be seemed as a capital sin by the places I tend to talk on the internet.

I've literally fought the whole world for years just to manage to make it let me enjoy the series... But I am sick of always losing this battle.

The internet won over me, and I don't have the energy and motivation to keep this fight strong anymore.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I mean if Simon/Richter can kinda have his whip resemble the whip design of the Erotic Violence Castlevania pachinko game or something (see Know Your Moves episode on them), sky's the limit! Obviously his traditional look and abilities come first (especially if it looks better than how he does in N. Sane Trilogy, heh), but if they want to take a simple areal or tilt from that or his Skylanders appearance or something, I wouldn't mind.
I kinda figured that Crash would take stuff from the beat-em-ups and Skylanders as normals since they make the most sense to pull from. There are some moves that can be taken from spin-offs and stuff, but keeping specials up to Wrath of Cortex makes sense instead of the mostly generic stuff from the beat-em-ups
Edit: Eh, there are some things they could take from the racing games or bash, but they would be stretches.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm sorry people, but I don't have the motivation to support Crash Bandicoot for Smash or even as a series anymore.

No matter how much I love CTR NF, Twinsanity or N.Sane Trilogy and no matter my knowledge on the series, I am always getting shamed and destroyed everywhere I go just for having any interest on the character. Now things have gotten worse with the microtransaction drama, which made my love for CTR NF be seemed as a capital sin by the places I tend to talk on the internet.

I've literally fought the whole world for years just to manage to make it let me enjoy the series... But I am sick of always losing this battle.

The internet won over me, and I don't have the energy and motivation to keep this fight strong anymore.
Hey man, I don't know where you go to find these people or what they have said to you but the internet is rough place a lot of times and people can be quick to judge you for things that get controversial, you say an unpopular opinion and people attack you for it. Sometimes you may feel like it's your fault for enjoying something that people don't like. A lot of people go through this. Just know that you shouldn't feel like it's your fault for enjoying something people don't like. No one can change how people think but don't let people change the way you think.

If you enjoy Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled for what it is then you should keep enjoying it regardless of what people think of you. If people are bashing you for just enjoying the game then you shouldn't listen to them. If Micro-transactions don't bother you then more power to you. You just got to keep playing the game and just ignore the negativity sometimes if it gets too much for you. Maybe you need to take a break from the internet.

Just be aware that a lot of Crash fans are incredibly passionate about the series and just don't like how micro-transactions exist in this game. It's been hard on every Crash fan so don't feel like you're alone on this, regardless of differing opinions. People aren't (or shouldn't be) criticising the base game because the game is fantastic from what I hear (I haven't played it myself). It's just that people are criticising Activision's decision to include predatory micro-transactions. Sure you may not have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with it but understand that it doesn't mean that it's a good thing to be apathetic to it. Activision wants you to either spend money or be apathetic to Microtransactions. People who get roped in on the Micro-transaction train don't have a problem with it but that's because they may not aware of how much they are spending so the community has to speak out for these people. This is Activision's fault for doing this in the first place and because of their greedy actions, they've caused a divide in the community.

I hope you feel better and I hope I have given you a better understanding of the situation (I may be bad at explaining things but I still try regardless). You shouldn't treat an argument as a battle to be won. You should treat it as a learning experience. If a person is angry and likes to insult you at every opportunity, just don't bother with them because they can't be reasoned with. However if they have good reasoning and can talk to you about it in a calm and reasonable manner then you should take the time to understand where they are coming from and try to reach a middle ground.

Last edited:

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
I kinda figured that Crash would take stuff from the beat-em-ups and Skylanders as normals since they make the most sense to pull from. There are some moves that can be taken from spin-offs and stuff, but keeping specials up to Wrath of Cortex makes sense instead of the mostly generic stuff from the beat-em-ups
Edit: Eh, there are some things they could take from the racing games or bash, but they would be stretches.
I guess that Crash's moves like aerials and tilts could be based on the beat-em up games like skylanders, Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant, but I think the special moves would make more sense if they were based of the original trilogy, the spin attack, Attacks related to the TNT or Nitro boxes, the Bazooka, the body slam or the the slide (although that could be his down tilt). Also, with Crash being able to "crawl" in Wrath of Cortex, that could be something more to take from that game and put it into Crash's moveset.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I guess that Crash's moves like aerials and tilts could be based on the beat-em up games like skylanders, Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant, but I think the special moves would make more sense if they were based of the original trilogy, the spin attack, Attacks related to the TNT or Nitro boxes, the Bazooka, the body slam or the the slide (although that could be his down tilt). Also, with Crash being able to "crawl" in Wrath of Cortex, that could be something more to take from that game and put it into Crash's moveset.
Oh yeah, of course! There's no way they could get away with giving him anything but cyclone, Bazooka, crates, sliding and body slam.

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
I've ben thinking two options for his Up-B, one based on jumping from a crate (Original Trilogy based) or the propeller pack (Wrath of Cortex/N-Tranced) although the propeller wouldn't be so interesting, since K.Rool and Piranha Plant are Both newcomwers and both with the helicopter based recovery

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Could his slide be anything other than his dash attack? Both require momentum to activate, and that could be used to emulate Crash's playstyle the best? I don't know if Crash has even slid from standing still before in any game. And like another's moveset in this thread I like the idea of using his Rocket Jump from N-Tranced as his Up Special, maybe garnished with his Jet Pack from 2 for all the uncultured swines only familar with the ND games :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I'm curious what part of the internet you're getting all this flack from but either way you shouldn't let it get to you. It's stupid to hate on someone for liking a character let alone someone who is one of the biggest names in gaming. Even with the microtransactions nonsense, the original Crash games are still classics so it's silly to hate on Crash fans just because of whatever the heck Activision is doing.

I remember Incineroar fans would often get flack online for their character being a stupid roster choice so it must have been really satisfying to his supporters when he made it in. Hopefully we get a similar feeling if Crash gets into Smash.

I've ben thinking two options for his Up-B, one based on jumping from a crate (Original Trilogy based) or the propeller pack (Wrath of Cortex/N-Tranced) although the propeller wouldn't be so interesting, since K.Rool and Piranha Plant are Both newcomwers and both with the helicopter based recovery
Jumping crate seems the most likely since I don't see them using any post-ND games for Crash's moveset. Best we can hope for in terms of post-ND content is a few spirits or songs and even that is a stretch.

They could also use Crash's jetpack from Crash 2 as an Up-B.

Klimax

Smash Ace

How about avoiding the morons ?
I don't give a **** about the microtransactions drama, I don't buy it because I don't need it. Is this **** ? Yes it is but people complaining about it are dumb most of the time.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
How about avoiding the morons ?
I don't give a **** about the microtransactions drama, I don't buy it because I don't need it. Is this **** ? Yes it is but people complaining about it are dumb most of the time.
I think the point they were trying to make is the even having microtransactions in the game itself gives Crash a bad name. Optional or not, people love to read articles that fabricate the truth just to get more views. I can guarantee there are already a handful of people looking at Crash as "money-hungry" series due to Activision.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey folks, Crash is coming up soon in the Rate Their Chances thread, so make sure to drop by and show your support when it's his day!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Ignore those idiots. Allowing their toxic to overtake you is a bad thing. Look at people who supported Ridley and King K Rool for example: it took them SEVENTEEN years to finally get their boys into Smash (I'm counting since Melee). If they can get in, Crash can too, Just don't give up and believe in your dreams man!

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
Ignore those idiots. Allowing their toxic to overtake you is a bad thing. Look at people who supported Ridley and King K Rool for example: it took them SEVENTEEN years to finally get their boys into Smash (I'm counting since Melee). If they can get in, Crash can too, Just don't give up and believe in your dreams man!
Same thing for the Banjo-Kazooie supporters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, how do I know when I've unlocked and beaten the N. Tropy times? I tried Time Trials and I got in first place, but nothing seems to have changed. (there's no option to race an N. Tropy ghost or anything)

Hopefully I only have to beat his time on the Crash Team Racing tracks, rather than all of them, though I'm fully expecting that I'll have to beat his time on all of them somehow.

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
For Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, how do I know when I've unlocked and beaten the N. Tropy times? I tried Time Trials and I got in first place, but nothing seems to have changed. (there's no option to race an N. Tropy ghost or anything)

Hopefully I only have to beat his time on the Crash Team Racing tracks, rather than all of them, though I'm fully expecting that I'll have to beat his time on all of them somehow.
If you are playing Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, when you finish a time trial race with a specific time or lower, in the result screen a text will pop up saying "You have unlocked N.Tropy's ghost" or somethimg like that, then you have to BEAT his ghost in a race, and this applies to EVERY SINGLE TRACK, including the Crash Nitro kart tracks, but not the Grand prix tracks tho.

maybe I´m still a noob in CTR, I have beaten his ghost in like 11 tracks, but I still having an overall bad time when racing his ghosts

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If you are playing Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, when you finish a time trial race with a specific time or lower, in the result screen a text will pop up saying "You have unlocked N.Tropy's ghost" or somethimg like that, then you have to BEAT his ghost in a race, and this applies to EVERY SINGLE TRACK, including the Crash Nitro kart tracks, but not the Grand prix tracks tho.

maybe I´m still a noob in CTR, I have beaten his ghost in like 11 tracks, but I still having an overall bad time when racing his ghosts
Pretty much this

Plus I've only done one so far (I'm still working on it but my current progress is gonna be delayed pretty soon). Oxide I believe is worse?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Yeah Oxide Station is definitely a pain. You might have to beat your best record multiple times before you can unlock Tropy’s ghost.

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
Pretty much this

Plus I've only done one so far (I'm still working on it but my current progress is gonna be delayed pretty soon). Oxide I believe is worse?
Oxide's ghosts are a total pain in the neck, If N.Tropy is already hard, Oxide is just way harder, for example, in Roo's Tubes, Oxide's time is 1:23:65

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Oxide's ghosts are a total pain in the neck, If N.Tropy is already hard, Oxide is just way harder, for example, in Roo's Tubes, Oxide's time is 1:23:65
Personally, I wouldn't even bother with Oxide times since it isn't that much worth it. Just the "clout" skin for N.Tropy, which makes you a target online anyway.

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
Yeah, beating oxide's times doesn't give you any reward.
At least N.Trophy is a character and also rewards you with paint color for the car.

Although the only real custom part I really want is the platinum color for the car :(

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yeah, beating oxide's times doesn't give you any reward.
At least N.Trophy is a character and also rewards you with paint color for the car.

Although the only real custom part I really want is the platinum color for the car :(
Currently doing Platinum relics...It is awful. Especially on tracks like Sewer Speedway. Annoying.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
For the platinum paint job, try playing the relic races on adventure mode set to easy (remember that the paint job is only unlocked if you have an adventure mode save file with all the plat relics)

You guys might want to try practicing maintaning your turbo reserves. After you get a basic mastering of this technique, all N. trophy ghosts should be a breeze along with most of the plats on easy mode.

Also sewer speedway shortcut got fixed in a patch and now is much more reliable to execute.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
For the platinum paint job, try playing the relic races on adventure mode set to easy (remember that the paint job is only unlocked if you have an adventure mode save file with all the plat relics)

You guys might want to try practicing maintaning your turbo reserves. After you get a basic mastering of this technique, all N. trophy ghosts should be a breeze along with most of the plats on easy mode.

Also sewer speedway shortcut got fixed in a patch and now is much more reliable to execute.
Oh yeah, I've mastered the shortcut now, but it is still kinda weird. N Tropy is very easy to me, but Oxide? Yeesh, Crash Cove...

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Just came here to remind the other woke people that Crash Bandicoot is the most significant gaming character that isn't in Smash yet

I see no reason why he wouldn't be on the first DLC fighters' pass. Stay hype

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just came here to remind the other woke people that Crash Bandicoot is the most significant gaming character that isn't in Smash yet

I see no reason why he wouldn't be on the first DLC fighters' pass. Stay hype
"Most significant" seems like it's overselling how noteworthy Crash is by quite a bit. Characters like Master Chief and Lara Croft also seem just as, if not more, influential and important when it comes to video games, at the very least.

As well, Activision's business practices seem like a potential reason for him to be excluded - they basically embody corporate greed in the gaming industry, so I could see them asking for too much money for Nintendo to use Crash, for example.

I feel like Crash stands a decent chance of getting it in, but I don't want to see people building up their expectations sky-high and then blaming Nintendo when those expectations aren't met.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
tbf, could you also say Konami is/was a pretty greedy corporation, or at least, not very friendly??

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A company’s shadiness isn’t really a valid reason for why their characters won’t get in.

-Konami prioritized pachinko machines over their console games yet we got Snake back, Simon, a Ricther Echo and tons of Castlevania content.

-Capcom’s business practices have gotten a bad rep for several years yet we have Mega Man, Ryu, Ken echo, Monster Hunter content and a lot of lot lot of MM/SF content.

- I won’t even get started on Square because we all know how they are seeing FF’s “content” and the composers stinginess as proof yet they’ve given us a second series in DQ for this very Pass right now with more tracks and spirits.

I’m not saying Activision are innocent saints and they should forgiven for their scummy moves but it’s always good to separate the art from the artist and they’ve cooperated with Nintendo before with Bowser & DK/Diddy in Skylanders.

I know Crash wouldn’t be cheap but they’d both be wasting a huge opportunity if they snub a gaming icon like him.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
"Most significant" seems like it's overselling how noteworthy Crash is by quite a bit. Characters like Master Chief and Lara Croft also seem just as, if not more, influential and important when it comes to video games, at the very least.
I said this in the RTC thread, but even what some questionable circles would refer to as "normies" love Crash. I'd say he's 100% above Lara, although MC is also up there with him. Don't mean to set any unrealistic expectations but I do honestly believe he's a lock, or at the very least should be.

Just my anecdotal experience but the number of people I know that don't play video games and still know who Crash Bandicoot is OR just exclusively play his games from time to time is pretty significant

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Activision is greedy in extreme but Sega and Capcom both make highly incompetent business moves, Square is rediculously difficult to work with, and Konami is incompetent and greedy.

Though speaking of all this, it also shoots down Dragonborn arguments based on Bethesda's last year a half of blunders as well.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't think company behavior influences Sakurai's decisions, he definitely separates the art from the artist. (also I'm not gonna let a Fallout f***up screw over my boy Dovahkiin xP)

Top Bottom