• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, while I don't know whether VV will do a remake or new game, it's obvious to me that Toys For Bob may be doing a new Spyro game. Mainly because I want to see a childhood wish that never got capitalised on.

eCzLiWa.png

Nearly 20 years, and this has yet to amount to anything. Spyro as a series was wasted potential because of it, to me.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
As for me, I did it on the first try. Which is kind of amazing, given how much trouble I had with him as a lad.
Probably didn't help that I rage quit once lmao

But it took so many times since I kept falling right behind him instead of trying to go around. SMH

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Holy. ****. Took me almost 45 minutes to destroy Pinstripe in CTR-NF
Yeah Pinstripe is a ******* in NF. Way harder than Oxide was. I think it mainly is that on Hot Air Skyway, you do not have any leeway to dodge the bombs.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah Pinstripe is a ******* in NF. Way harder than Oxide was. I think it mainly is that on Hot Air Skyway, you do not have any leeway to dodge the bombs.
Lord help us all once I consider hard mode. That **** is gonna be the death of me lol

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Sup guys.

So has the Pancake theory been talked about in here yet? I know most people have heard of the Companion theory already which goes in Crash's Favor but the pancake theory is what catches my interest.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sup guys.

So has the Pancake theory been talked about in here yet? I know most people have heard of the Companion theory already which goes in Crash's Favor but the pancake theory is what catches my interest.
What is the pancake theory?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
What is the pancake theory?
Alright so I've only heard this from one of PapaGeno's Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU69BtoFZwo (Timestamp is 46:19)

But basically speaking at the end of Banjo's trailer it shows banjo sneaking up on Ivysaur to steal some Pancakes which is a reference to a part in Banjo-Tooie's first level, Mayahem temple, in which Banjo sneaks up to Ssssslumber the Snake to Snag the Jiggy that he is protecting.

however, someone points out that why did the item/Food specifically be Pancakes? out of all the items/Food in the game, why Pancakes?

Well if everyone isn't mistaken, in the Crash of the titans/Mind over mutant games it is shown that Crash really likes Pancakes and is basically one of the first words Crash says and if you think back on it, the Mayahem Temple level in Banjo-Tooie consists of Temples and Ruins which is Basically Crash Bandicoot's main aesthetic correct?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Alright so I've only heard this from one of PapaGeno's Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU69BtoFZwo (Timestamp is 46:19)

But basically speaking at the end of Banjo's trailer it shows banjo sneaking up on Ivysaur to steal some Pancakes which is a reference to a part in Banjo-Tooie's first level, Mayahem temple, in which Banjo sneaks up to Ssssslumber the Snake to Snag the Jiggy that he is protecting.

however, someone points out that why did the item/Food specifically be Pancakes? out of all the items/Food in the game, why Pancakes?

Well if everyone isn't mistaken, in the Crash of the titans/Mind over mutant games it is shown that Crash really likes Pancakes and is basically one of the first words Crash says and if you think back on it, the Mayahem Temple level in Banjo-Tooie consists of Temples and Ruins which is Basically Crash Bandicoot's main aesthetic correct?
I'd love for Crash to be in Smash but the pancake theory is probably the biggest stretch I've seen. I doubt Sakurai even cares about the post ND games that much, let alone the Titans/MoM games which everyone tries to forget.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I'd love for Crash to be in Smash but the pancake theory is probably the biggest stretch I've seen. I doubt Sakurai even cares about the post ND games that much, let alone the Titans/MoM games which everyone tries to forget.
oh Trust me I agree, but thats the same thing people said about the Stage Builder trailer where they showed off a Dragon/Witch stages and people jokingly said Banjo because of the Witch and it actually came true. (Dragon could of been for Hero)

Its really, REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel but knowing Sakurai I wouldn't doubt it, despite how Dumb it sounds.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd have to agree, It is nothing but a big stretch. Plus, it is also a theory, which may or may not come true. And this theory seems like an exaggeration.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Yeah, I can’t buy into this theory. Not only could the pancakes be a coincidence but of all the foods there are, I wouldn’t even associate them with Crash. That would be apples, which bear resemblance to Wumpa Fruits, the most iconic collectables in the series. What do pancakes have to do with Crash? He says them at the end of one of the most negatively recieved games in the series. What a connection.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I don't want another jungle trailer for Crash as this pancake theory suggests, that'd be too boring, we can do better than that.

My personal trailer wish is for a trailer where Dr. Mario is working on some experiments in his office/laboratory and accidentally creates Crash. Has to have a dark but comical atmosphere and maybe portray Doc as mad to represent Cortex.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shouldn't jungle trailers be saved for Rare-related reveals anyway? Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

How about this; the trailer would happen similarly to the intro of N.Sane Trilogy, with Crash's current design being changed into a Smash-worthy one.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
As I said a couple of pages back, pancake theory and other theories are pretty pointless and time wasting and they're only made so specific characters can have an "actual chance" of getting into Smash. (this also includes the recent Shantae window "tease")

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If we're talking about trailer theory, the castle theme would work for Crash Bandicoot since the intro to the first game takes place in a castle.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If Crash does get his own trailer, I would hope it has Mario and Sonic in it to reference his history. If we get more continuation trailers that would be sick but I do not need that per say.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If some Microsoft associated leaks Banjo sorta had in the past (Vergeben w/ Minecraft content, Nolan from the Pizza Party Podcast claiming to know Banjo was in already from an insider friend, as potentially seen when he was acting all "don't count your chickens before they hatch" when arguing with someone with reasons Banjo would be in) came up because Microsoft is an American company, I hope that doesn't mean Crash may be out of the running because we haven't heard similar with Activision. Of course, it could just be different situations, later negotiations than Banjo had, etc.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As I said a couple of pages back, pancake theory and other theories are pretty pointless and time wasting and they're only made so specific characters can have an "actual chance" of getting into Smash. (this also includes the recent Shantae window "tease")
What else is new? I like the color theory despite that it likely won’t come true, but do these theories altogether even have any merit to redeem themselves? I think. Notice a color pattern and the fans say “their chances are high now!”. A Smash logo is seen in the new Shankar trailer and fans say “her chances are high now!” Why do I get the feeling this is all just jumping the gun and desperation, anyway?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
As big of a stretch that it is, I feel that It would be up Sakurai's alley to do something extremely obscure like that.

I'm not saying pancake theory should hold any kind of weight, but I think it is worth noting, considering the fact that people joked about the Witch in the Stage builder trailer and the next thing we knew Banjo-Kazooie got into smash. I didn't believe the Witch meant anything, but hey, it is Sakurai after all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What is or isn't a legitimate hint towards anything won't be seen until after the fact. As it is right now, it's impossible to tell what the truth is.

In the meantime, here is an art dump.

D_i64OPXkAAofK6.jpg

D_oQGi-WwAAhcBY.jpg

D_jWJTZU8AAgpDX.jpg

D_kaK4oXYAIffTe.jpg

D_ddtKqXYAIOZEf.jpg

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Keep in mind there are no rumors or leaks going around here
This is now a survival its just a game of prediction now and guessing now.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about it a lot lately and, to be honest, I think Crash is one of the most likely characters to appear on the Fighters Pass.

With two very successful remakes being released on all platforms, having worldwide popularity as a gaming icon, and Activision having a good relationship with Nintendo, I think Crash is one of the most likely characters to appear in the game. I don't see much discussion about him lately though... but I think that these reasons alone (and several others I am having trouble thinking of at the moment) make him one of the most likely characters to appear.

I'm also sure that Activision might be a bit stingy, but less so with PSASBR. Part of me thinks they'll allow Crash in because getting in Smash is a pretty big honor, where the success of PSASBR was unknown and that's why they weren't too willing to let him in.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I do think Crash has a decent shot now and would love for him (and eventually Spyro) to join Smash! I think his credentials line up very well for a DLC Fighter. He was a main competitor against Nintendo in the late 90's, so he has history with them and we've already saw an old competitor join Smash in 2008. (Sonic) With his recent resurgence and popularity, I could definitely see Nintendo. asking for Crash cause they know fans would love it. I could totally imagine a Fighter's Pass line-up like: Joker, Hero(with alts), Banjo-Kazooie, Leon Kennedy(with alts) & Crash Bandicoot. It seems totally balanced and I could see Nintendo picking B-K & Crash as fan favorite, wacky animal aesthetic characters like K.Rool & DK to color in more lines on the Smash Ultimate roster.

Now I'm not expecting Crash at all though. Leon(or Resident Evil rep in general) & Ryu Hayabusa feel the most likely for me personally, even though it's fair game for all. Crash could also have a very interesting move set as well. I know at surface level ppl might think all he can do is jump & spin, but Sakurai can churn out a very awesome moveset for him.

Neutral B - Spin (Like ROB or Incineroar), Up B - Jump Boxes (Like Sonic's spring, or it can turn into something unique like a mix of Pac-Man's recovery with some Bomberman-esque type junk.) Side B - Throw Wumpa Fruit (Simple enough, just like in Cortex Strikes Back against Dr. N Gin.) Down B - Detonate TNT or Plant Nitro (Crash can leave some TNT behind that will blow up soon, just like Mega Man's Sticky Bomb but TNT just stays. Or leaving some nitro boxes behind, kinda like the motion sensor bomb except does less damage due to it being bigger and harder not to hit.) Final Smash - Aku Aku Mask of course. Crash Bandicoot could easily work as a Smash character and there's no telling what kind of interesting mechanic Sakurai would make with it. But one good bit of news is Sakurai said when dealing with the negotiations for Banjo-Kazooie that "it was rather easy" so maybe this gave him more of an enlightened view for the next DLC character, to choose another American-associated character that him & Nintendo may have liked. Remember Sakurai did say before Joker's reveal that he was interested in working with new people & Banjo-Kazooie's reveal is proof of that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone thinks the whole purple and orange joycons kinda a big stretch?
It's the internet in 2019

Everyone's looking for small gasps to fill in the holes. Although the orange/purple looks cool since they're my favorite and 3rd favorite colors

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It's the internet in 2019

Everyone's looking for small gasps to fill in the holes. Although the orange/purple looks cool since they're my favorite and 3rd favorite colors
Big agree.

Honestly rn I am confident we are getting hero in August, summer trailer be damned. That lined up for my theory on September direct and a final smash direct or the VGAs. VGAs is good for Crash in my eyes by that’s just a gut feeling.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Figured I should post this here since it's slow anyway.

So far, every dream I've had regarding Smash inclusions have been accurate.

Not that I want Tracer in Smash whatsoever, but I'd take it if it meant Crash.
I'd welcome both characters with open arms. Although there is a chance that your dreams aren't 100% accurate, so we'll see what happens there.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Big agree.

Honestly rn I am confident we are getting hero in August, summer trailer be damned. That lined up for my theory on September direct and a final smash direct or the VGAs. VGAs is good for Crash in my eyes by that’s just a gut feeling.
Imagine if there was a callback to the last VGAs, where both "Crash" appeared to reveal CTR Remastered and Joker appeared to steal a Smash invitation. Crash mopes about how it was totally his invitation to the big crossover that Joker stole, the event that in particular included that plumber boy rival he never got to confront, and plenty of other big time stars like that Sega poster boy who also had a thing with the moustache man. So he tussles with a live-action Joker over that invitation while Joker claims it wasn't his. Maybe Crash forces Joker to go with him to help him steal another invitation, only to run into a familiar, mascot face or two...

And then it turns out the invitation was for that Muppets character who was at the show.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Figured I should post this here since it's slow anyway.

So far, every dream I've had regarding Smash inclusions have been accurate.

Not that I want Tracer in Smash whatsoever, but I'd take it if it meant Crash.
If my dreams were a smash prophecy, we would see an echo fighter pass of Ninten, Hilda, Dixie, Medusa, and Octolings as well as an echo third party pass of Big Boss, Mrs. Pac Man, Shadow, Sephiroth, and Protoman.

Also we would have gotten a goddamn monster hunter stage cmon its so close I can taste it.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
If my dreams were a smash prophecy, we would see an echo fighter pass of Ninten, Hilda, Dixie, Medusa, and Octolings as well as an echo third party pass of Big Boss, Mrs. Pac Man, Shadow, Sephiroth, and Protoman.

Also we would have gotten a goddamn monster hunter stage cmon its so close I can taste it.
God I want Ms. Pac-Man SOOOOO BAAAADDDD

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112

What about an echo of joker?
Not sure if ryuji works he plays pretty much differently

Top Bottom