• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Wrote a trailer concept for Crash, and I think it’s appropriately 90’s enough.
SMASH CROSS OPENER

The trailer starts off with a homage to Smash Bros’ original commercial, with four men in Mario, Pikachu, DK and Yoshi suits trouncing through a field, hand in hand.

Right before Mario would trip Yoshi, however, it cuts to a man in a Banjo suit jumping out of a plane, assuming his backpack will serve as a functionable parachute.

Just like the original Banjo~Tooie commercial, Banjo plummets to the ground, landing atop the guys in Nintendo suits. While everyone’s recovering from the revolting development, they’re shrouded in the shadow of a certain marsupial suit.

“Hey! Moustache man, backpack boy!”

The Nintendo mascots look up to see a man in a Crash Bandicoot suit shaking his head, before tossing a set of Joycons at them.

Cut to your everyday~gameplay reel (perhaps live~action Crash could spout insults at the Nintendo demographic) before the trailer cuts to Crash’s apartment where everyone’s playing Smash together. Crash’s apartment’s pretty disgusting, with Wumpa fruit stains on the walls and crates as footstools.

As the live~action Mario looks around and shakes his head, Crash states “You know what they say; Get N or Get Out!” Crash proceeds to usher Mario out the door as the director offscreen yells CUT! and spouts encouraging banter as the screen fades to black.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
No it doesn't matter and i will be happy if people get crash in smash but i'm just saying he isn't "the last big franchise not being included"
Well you're not making a great case by overblowing the importance of franchises like Metal Slug and Digimon...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I didn't say metal slug NEED to be in first . I said crash is not that big of series that you thought. Crash was dead for years now while series like dmc are continuing and increasing it's fanbase so crash kinda lose his iconic status (i like the character though but let's be real crash isn't the big pillar of video games he used to be).
Look at the gap between DMC4 and 5 before you say something dumb like that about growing your franchise. Before you even say it the reboot almost killed the franchise and a lot of good will towards it. Capcom cancelled the franchise and tried to reboot it because it disappointed sales wise. V saved it but that was this year.

The N. Sane Trilogy sold 10 million, three times over what DMC4 sold. The entire Crash franchise sold over 60 million, three times more than the DMC franchise.

Even if Crash did disappear for a while, he is a far greater icon historically and currently than Dante is.

Let me spell this out to ya buddy. Crash is a bigger franchise then any you listed. Even with a ten year hiatus he comes back and sold 10 million + units with his debut back. He is a far bigger icon historically and currently than anything you listed. Next time before you decide to come into a support thread, maybe don’t write a poorly written one liner and poorly written sentences. Grammar and punctuation exist. Use them.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Crash made a huge comeback, no doubt about it. But dmc is here for far much longer.
I'm not saying crash isn't a huge icon I said, once again, that he lost some popularity. He was the Sony mascot back then. Now he's just a game like any other. That doesn't mean he doesn't succeed. Especially if you look at his sales but he's not the biggest thing anymore. God of War is the new Sony mascot and new games come while still make huge sales. And if we're talking about sales minecraft is the biggest franchise not being in Smash... Like I said I have nothing against crash I think he would be a good addition to the cast but don't overhyped the character like he was the god of video game and it's only natural that he come to smash. There's many character choices buddy crash isn't THE obvious pick.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I don't, well at least I think I don't, well whatever character is whe shouldn't overhype anyone. Crash is huge, I agree about that but saying it's the biggest series not yet in Smash is a bit presomptuous. Even dmc, which I love, is not the biggest thing for smash. We can't say really which one is the biggest franchise

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Wrote a trailer concept for Crash, and I think it’s appropriately 90’s enough.
SMASH CROSS OPENER

The trailer starts off with a homage to Smash Bros’ original commercial, with four men in Mario, Pikachu, DK and Yoshi suits trouncing through a field, hand in hand.

Right before Mario would trip Yoshi, however, it cuts to a man in a Banjo suit jumping out of a plane, assuming his backpack will serve as a functionable parachute.

Just like the original Banjo~Tooie commercial, Banjo plummets to the ground, landing atop the guys in Nintendo suits. While everyone’s recovering from the revolting development, they’re shrouded in the shadow of a certain marsupial suit.

“Hey! Moustache man, backpack boy!”

The Nintendo mascots look up to see a man in a Crash Bandicoot suit shaking his head, before tossing a set of Joycons at them.

Cut to your everyday~gameplay reel (perhaps live~action Crash could spout insults at the Nintendo demographic) before the trailer cuts to Crash’s apartment where everyone’s playing Smash together. Crash’s apartment’s pretty disgusting, with Wumpa fruit stains on the walls and crates as footstools.

As the live~action Mario looks around and shakes his head, Crash states “You know what they say; Get N or Get Out!” Crash proceeds to usher Mario out the door as the director offscreen yells CUT! and spouts encouraging banter as the screen fades to black.

This is perfection. I'll be severely disappointed if a hypothetical reveal doesn't feature the guy in the suit in some way.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crash made a huge comeback, no doubt about it. But dmc is here for far much longer.
I'm not saying crash isn't a huge icon I said, once again, that he lost some popularity. He was the Sony mascot back then. Now he's just a game like any other. That doesn't mean he doesn't succeed. Especially if you look at his sales but he's not the biggest thing anymore. God of War is the new Sony mascot and new games come while still make huge sales. And if we're talking about sales minecraft is the biggest franchise not being in Smash... Like I said I have nothing against crash I think he would be a good addition to the cast but don't overhyped the character like he was the god of video game and it's only natural that he come to smash. There's many character choices buddy crash isn't THE obvious pick.
Learn to use basic grammar and don’t strawman my arguements.

You are in a CRASH SUPPORT THREAD. You are acting like saying Crash is likely and an icon is somehow overrating his chances. You are the one who came in here with a whole incoherent rant about DMC and ******* Metal Slug. You are the one who has not done any real research. If you did you would know DMC4 killed the franchise for almost a decade and has not “is here for much longer.” You say Crash has lost popularity, but N Sane literally is the best selling Crash game of all time. The fact you can barely write a coherent sentence in that response is quite sad. For someone who can’t argue to save their life, you are quite defensive about your inability to argue coherently.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Learn to use basic grammar and don’t strawman my arguements.

You are in a CRASH SUPPORT THREAD. You are acting like saying Crash is likely and an icon is somehow overrating his chances. You are the one who came in here with a whole incoherent rant about DMC and ******* Metal Slug. You are the one who has not done any real research. If you did you would know DMC4 killed the franchise for almost a decade and has not “is here for much longer.” You say Crash has lost popularity, but N Sane literally is the best selling Crash game of all time. The fact you can barely write a coherent sentence in that response is quite sad. For someone who can’t argue to save their life, you are quite defensive about your inability to argue coherently.
There's no need to insult people over their opinions, or their grammar. (the Internet is a global forum, and we have no way of knowing if everyone on a discussion forum speaks/writes English fluently) I agree with Adelto that it seems excessive to act like Crash is the biggest franchise that isn't in the game yet; to give just one example, Tekken is the second-best-selling fighting game franchise out there (best-selling if you don't count Smash Bros.), it's been consistently running since the nineties, it popularized 3D fighting games and expanded on/surpassed what Virtua Fighter created, and Namco-Bandai is already working on Smash Bros.

I just don't want to see this thread, or this forum in general, driving out people who have different opinions. I've seen this happen in other threads, where some people act like you shouldn't even be posting in there if you don't have that specific character as your number one most wanted, and I'm trying to discourage that behaviour. It's entirely possible to explain why Crash Bandicoot should, or could, be in the game without getting irrationally angry.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Like I already said, I didn't say crash isn't a an icon I said he isn't the biggest icon is it so hard to understand? Plus I just respond to people who ask me which characters I see as more iconic when I talked about dmc and metal slug. As for my grammar, sorry but I'm french so my English isn't perfect. I get it that is a crash support thread and I'm pretty hype for crash but let's not say things like "crash is the biggest game ever who's not in Smash". It's just subjective man for me dmc deserve it first but that doesn't mean crash is trash. And if crash is your most wanted that's fine, but don't attack people who disagree with you.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Man I regret making that first post, I just wanted to show Crash support, not start an an argument

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Well as long as you don't overhype Digimon and Metal Slug and maybe Devil May Cry?
Digimon is one of the highest grossing video game franchises in the industry. It's DEFINITELY worth hyping up.

Also add me to the list. Crash is a lock at this point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can't even tell if this conversation was good or bad for bringing attention to Metal Slug. :drwtf:

Anyway, to help make things happy again, have some fan art!

D_LcJzZWwAAolqJ.jpg

D_NAaN2UEAEaEoY.jpg

D_J06hrXYAIXe1B.png

D_MA5YHVAAA6pRW.jpg

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Can't wait for Nina to come to Crash Team Racing eventually. Also really want Yaya but that's just me. (I know every other character has priority and yes I have seen the datamines)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If the next Crash game doesn't involve any post-Naughty Dog characters, a lot of new fans may remain confused for a few years.

Can't wait for Nina to come to Crash Team Racing eventually. Also really want Yaya but that's just me. (I know every other character has priority and yes I have seen the datamines)
That's fair, good sir. To me, Yaya's probably a matter of when rather than if, so we'll have to wait and see if new names get added into the datamines, as the months go by and characters get released. Some of these picks are deep pulls, after all.

In the meantime, have a fan art.

D9-8L15UYAI5BwY.jpg

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
If the next Crash game doesn't involve any post-Naughty Dog characters, a lot of new fans may remain confused for a few years.
I expect at least Crunch and Nina to become mainstays (Maybe Rilla Roo?) and as for anyone else, I can hope.

Edit: N. Trance too

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I can't even tell if this conversation was good or bad for bringing attention to Metal Slug. :drwtf:
I'd actually be totally cool with a Metal Slug character; I just don't know if it's as historically important as thought to be here? Maybe it is for all I know, and in terms of SNK franchises it could, perhaps maybe be the most iconic or recognisable, maybe??

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd actually be totally cool with a Metal Slug character; I just don't know if it's as historically important as thought to be here? Maybe it is for all I know, and in terms of SNK franchises it could, perhaps maybe be the most iconic or recognisable, maybe??
Whether or not it's important doesn't matter, what does is that enough people want it to be in here. For the sake of comparison SF was seen as Capcom's biggest cash cow at the time when Mega Man got in 4, the latter came in the base game mainly by the strength of people's wants.

Besides, platformer characters are easier to adapt than fighter ones, although the Metal Slug character would be a particular case, seeing how elaborate the animations are in that series.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think Contra would take precedence over Metal Slug as the former matches a legacy equal to most of the third party cast. Metal Slug is a lot more obscure by comparison and more Smash fans would know about Contra since it is one of the NES classics.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Contra would take precedence over Metal Slug as the former matches a legacy equal to most of the third party cast. Metal Slug is a lot more obscure by comparison and more Smash fans would know about Contra since it is one of the NES classics.
That's fine all and all, but I think the fans will focus on Bomberman first before any other Konami-owned character, especially since he was revealed as an AT.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
TBF, I've often seen Contra as a highly regarded NES thing, and it might be easier to take from a company already on board than another. Plus it came first at least. If Contra is thus totally more influential (as well as Nintendo related) then alright.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
That's fair, good sir. To me, Yaya's probably a matter of when rather than if, so we'll have to wait and see if new names get added into the datamines, as the months go by and characters get released. Some of these picks are deep pulls, after all.

In the meantime, have a fan art.

Thank you for the Yaya.
Really the only hope towards more characters is that freaking Fasty was in the previous one and not in the new one. I think the current datamine will just cover the rest of this year and Yaya will come in a Chinese New Year GP with a Crash Warped track inspired by the Great Wall levels

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have to say, you all have a lot of confidence in Yaya Panda being added to this game. Not saying I don't want her, I just imagine she'd be one of those REALLY obscure Crash characters due to her making her debut in a MOBILE spin-off game that was released about 2-3 years into Crash's lengthy hiatus from the public eye after Mind Over Mutant.

That said, can anyone tell me more about her? All I ever heard about her was that:

Her home was under attack by Cortex and Oxide (That IS who teamed up to take over her home, right?)
Under her normally sweet personality, she's actually rather competitive.
She's never appeared in the series prior to her debut, but she's supposedly an old friend of Coco Bandicoot's. (Again, is that right?)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have to say, you all have a lot of confidence in Yaya Panda being added to this game. Not saying I don't want her, I just imagine she'd be one of those REALLY obscure Crash characters due to her making her debut in a MOBILE spin-off game that was released about 2-3 years into Crash's lengthy hiatus from the public eye after Mind Over Mutant.

That said, can anyone tell me more about her? All I ever heard about her was that:

Her home was under attack by Cortex and Oxide (That IS who teamed up to take over her home, right?)
She's never appeared in the series prior to her debut, but she's supposedly an old friend of Coco Bandicoot's. (Again, is that right?)
Well, Beenox does have at least 20 games to pull stuff out from, they intend to include as much of the Crash universe as possible and apparently it seems even Rilla Roo was deemed worthy of being included, so it seems like a "why not?" possibility at this stage, especially since Nitro Kart 2 is the final Crash game to have been released prior to the Skylanders limbo.

All the info we know about her is only on Wikis, and CNK2 was only released on mobile phones, so it's anybody's guess: https://crashbandicoot.fandom.com/wiki/Yaya_Panda

The only pick that'd be as weird as her is maybe Viscount. Plus it'll present an interesting challenge, seeing as she's only ever seen from the head up.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Oh trust me, I have my expectations in check, but the biggest hint towards her is that she is the last Crash racing game playable character to not be in any way confirmed yet (Velo and CTTR are in datamines) and was in three of those mobile games. She has decent fan demand as well so if the datamines are not the last we'll see of this game then she has a decent chance.

And yeah her lore is an environmental message because Oxide wanted to deforest her home or something. As far as personality and dialogue it's basically null, but not something Beenox can't fix, look what they did to Zem and Zam, and the CNK bosses.

Well, Beenox does have at least 20 games to pull stuff out from, they intend to include as much of the Crash universe as possible and apparently it seems even Rilla Roo was deemed worthy of being included, so it seems like a "why not?" possibility at this stage, especially since Nitro Kart 2 is the final Crash game to have been released prior to the Skylanders limbo.

All the info we know about her is only on Wikis, and CNK2 was only released on mobile phones, so it's anybody's guess: https://crashbandicoot.fandom.com/wiki/Yaya_Panda

The only pick that'd be as weird as her is maybe Viscount. Plus it'll present an interesting challenge, seeing as she's only ever seen from the head up.
Beenox did mention 20 games and that is practically every single Crash game excluding stuff like Skylanders and remakes lol

Don't forget freaking Willie Wumpa is worthy enough too. Viscount would be hilarious.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh trust me, I have my expectations in check, but the biggest hint towards her is that she is the last Crash racing game playable character to not be in any way confirmed yet (Velo and CTTR are in datamines) and was in three of those mobile games. She has decent fan demand as well so if the datamines are not the last we'll see of this game then she has a decent chance.

And yeah her lore is an environmental message because Oxide wanted to deforest her home or something. As far as personality and dialogue it's basically null, but not something Beenox can't fix, look what they did to Zem and Zam, and the CNK bosses.

Beenox did mention 20 games and that is practically every single Crash game excluding stuff like Skylanders and remakes lol

Don't forget freaking Willie Wumpa is worthy enough too. Viscount would be hilarious.
Let's not forget the bandigirls too, they did wonders for those five in regards to personality expansion (especially Tawna, who had bupkis to work with aside from her appearance in NST, while the trophy girls did at least have epilogues).

Yeah, WW was never playable in the first place, to boot. It helps that most of the CTTR cars are here already.

On a side note, I honestly wonder if they'll ever add extra epilogues at all at some point, it's odd to only give them to the original playable CTR characters, and give jack to the CNK crew.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"YOUR MOM'S AN ARMADILLO"
Such a delightful, uncouth little British muffin she is.

That said, I finally got the Rocket kart and completed the New Rides achievement, thank the lord I didn't need to buy that one, I spend enough Wumpa coins as it is to sift through things.

Also, it appears that the Grand Prix will end right around my birthday near the end of the month, so I wonder if they'll do a formal unveiling for Back N. Time at that point, before August starts.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm FINALLY playing the game boys!

It's taking me awhile to get used to it and feels tougher than the original. Turbo Boost is WHOA

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm FINALLY playing the game boys!

It's taking me awhile to get used to it and feels tougher than the original. Turbo Boost is WHOA
If you want to practice blue fire/boost I suggest grinding the Oxide Ghost in Tiny Temple. It's basically Satan but after that then the playfield will be yours.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If you want to practice blue fire/boost I suggest grinding the Oxide Ghost in Tiny Temple. It's basically Satan but after that then the playfield will be yours.
I’m having trouble with that in general lol

So far acceleration characters are working best for me

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Not super familiar with Crash as a character, but his legacy is undeniable. I honestly think he's the most likely character at this point. I personally think we're getting him and Leon Kennedy as our last two characters. I've been thinking about picking up the trilogy for Switch but I'm not made of money and there's a lot of games coming out I wanna get so we'll see.

Top Bottom