• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Most people are aware he's not a Sony character hence why N.Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled are Multiplatform, But even though Crash Bandicoot is now owned by Activision, He will forever be remembered as the de facto mascot of the original PlayStation and is viewed as a counterpart to Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic, It's Similar to Banjo-Kazooie's situation, Even though they are owned by Microsoft they will always be considered "Nintendo Characters" because of their origins and legacy.

Sony obviously isn't going to play ball with Nintendo like Microsoft would and even if Sony did have the rights to Crash Bandicoot there would be no chance in hell they would allow him to join Super Smash Bros, But rather more so in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Sure we have Snake and Cloud, But Crash Bandicoot is as close as "The Sony Playstation Character" that isn't owned by them and is fair game that just so happens to be owned by Activision.
Yeah, the thing with Sony is that, besides their mascots not going on Ninty hardware in any sense, they seem difficult to negotiate with.

Sakurai, Ninty and Microsoft may not care about the console wars, but Sony does.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
For those not aware, a recent datamine showed some new characters in the CTR files

CTR.png

TL;DR: Spyro reps are Spyro, Gnark, Sorceress, Ripto, Hunter

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For those not aware, a recent datamine showed some new characters in the CTR files

View attachment 230109
I honestly wonder if most of these will be arranged in sets of 5 like the Nitro Squad, since it'd be odd to leave the Cortex and Tropy babies out of the next Grand Prix.

Also...me right now over seeing Brio.

Seriously, it's hard to find a good clip of Brain saying his catchphrase, good lord.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So this game seemed to me like it was going to be Crash Ultimate, then I noticed the Evil Twins are missing.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If Crash’s KO animation doesn’t have his shoes falling up like how :ultmegaman:‘s uses his death animation then what’s the point?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

View attachment 230109
N BRIO AND KOALA KONG MAKING IT?!? MAI BOY RILLA ****ING ROO TOO?!?

JOYCONS BOYS! This is hands down the best roster ever! (Minus Baby Crash, Coco, Cortex, and N. Tropy where I think waste of space)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So this game seemed to me like it was going to be Crash Ultimate, then I noticed the Evil Twins are missing.
And Yaya Panda. You can't have every piece of Nitro Kart 1/2 content out there without her. Though it might still be a preliminary list getting updated over time, since we're still early in the DLC period.

Otherwise, I'm pretty damn satisfied with this roster. :yeahboi:

Troykv

Smash Master
N BRIO AND KOALA KONG MAKING IT?!? MAI BOY RILLA ****ING ROO TOO?!?

JOYCONS BOYS! This is hands down the best roster ever! (Minus Baby Crash, Coco, Cortex, and N. Tropy where I think waste of space)
I think the Baby Characters are mostly to fit under-represented character archetypes, Crash has tons of options for Speed characters, but not so much for Beginners, and maybe also fit as Balanced/Acceleration if they need more characters of those archetypes.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the Baby Characters are mostly to fit under-represented character archetypes, Crash has tons of options for Speed characters, but not so much for Beginners, and maybe also fit as Balanced/Acceleration if they need more characters of those archetypes.
And at least there's a presumable in-story reason for it (Fake Crash's fault), as opposed to Mario Kart having babies, because cute.

In celebration of this, I'll post a little Twitter art dump.

D-vYaKtWsAIYo95.jpg

D-nkZ8DU0AEl19F.jpg

D9sYQuFXUAEwnLk.jpg

D-utQtPXkAEt2p-.jpg

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Anyone have any idea who DriverKingChicken would be? At 1st I though Chick or Stew but they have their own files. Maybe an original character? that would be pretty cool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone have any idea who DriverKingChicken would be? At 1st I though Chick or Stew but they have their own files. Maybe an original character? that would be pretty cool.
Sounds that way, although I'm not sure what the reason for this would be besides that odd mural in the Adventure hub.

On a side note, looking at the skins from CTTR, I think we could get Cave Crash as a skin for the next Grand Prix, given the theme of Back N. Time.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
After using her for the past day or so, I can safely say Isabella is my favorite of the trophy girls. I thought I'd love using Ami though I'm really not a fan of low turn characters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Grinding for Nitro is a pain. I missed one of the grand prix days (maybe 2 idk) but I almost have enough for the Rocket kart. Hoping to grind enough to get the Motorsport Tawna skin (still have a few of the pro challenges to do since I have not cheesed online yet).

That being said, if you need to grind for Wumpa coins, the best way is to play with a few friends online and do only Thunder Struck. With the shortcut on the map you get the most Wumpa per minute playing on it. Got almost 10000 wumpa coins grinding that map with a buddy of mine last night.

zferolie

Smash Hero
After using her for the past day or so, I can safely say Isabella is my favorite of the trophy girls. I thought I'd love using Ami though I'm really not a fan of low turn characters.
Tawna was my go to but after unlocking isabella i ak liking how she plays slightly more. Both of them are my favs.

Grinding for Nitro is a pain. I missed one of the grand prix days (maybe 2 idk) but I almost have enough for the Rocket kart. Hoping to grind enough to get the Motorsport Tawna skin (still have a few of the pro challenges to do since I have not cheesed online yet).

That being said, if you need to grind for Wumpa coins, the best way is to play with a few friends online and do only Thunder Struck. With the shortcut on the map you get the most Wumpa per minute playing on it. Got almost 10000 wumpa coins grinding that map with a buddy of mine last night.
Gran prix days? Not sire what those are. I am still on the silver section, albiet at 3/4s done with it. Not sure if i will be able to get motersport tawna though

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gran prix days? Not sire what those are. I am still on the silver section, albiet at 3/4s done with it. Not sure if i will be able to get motersport tawna though
I missed the first day or two, idk

If you get all the stuff done for dailys and weeklies with the multiplyers you can still get her. Just make sure you have the following.
-Nitro Squad Member.
-Nitro Squad Legendary Skin
-New car and wheels (You at least have the bandibuggy)
-New paint job
-New decal

All those together gives you a 50% multiplyer to Nitro. It helps a lot.

As for if you need to money grind: Thunderstruck Short Cut. 56 wumpa coins for about 1 and a half minutes of racing with the shortcut is perfect.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Grand Prix days are pretty much the monthly period that a Grand Prix event lasts. Roughly over 20 days to collect every item and character related to the shop, nitro gauge or the leaderboard grand prize, so there's plenty of time to get motorsport Tawna. And it helps that there's a rotation of daily challenges and items that increase the gauge a little.

That being said, I hope to be able to beat Twilight Tour sooner or later, the competition's rough.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Grand Prix days are pretty much the monthly period that a Grand Prix event lasts. Roughly over 20 days to collect every item and character related to the shop, nitro gauge or the leaderboard grand prize, so there's plenty of time to get motorsport Tawna. And it helps that there's a rotation of daily challenges and items that increase the gauge a little.

That being said, I hope to be able to beat Twilight Tour sooner or later, the competition's rough.
The Twilight Tour achievements can be done just online. I got them all done in a lobby I made. Just had me and a friend grind them out.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My mains are currently Megumi, Penta Penguin and N.Trance.
/s

I hate Pentas online. They make me so salty because Penguin Yay One gets on my nerves. Could be worse though, you could be an N. Tropy main. They may have a platinum relic hovercraft N Tropy digital skin, but they leave the lobby if they do not get first.

D

Deleted member

/s

I hate Pentas online. They make me so salty because Penguin Yay One gets on my nerves. Could be worse though, you could be an N. Tropy main. They may have a platinum relic hovercraft N Tropy digital skin, but they leave the lobby if they do not get first.
I just find Penta cute, tbh. And I enjoy him for his japanese origins too.

But yeah, not everyone is pretty kind online.

Although I never go online, tbh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the moment, I tend to gravitate towards Tawna and Biiiiig Norm. Although I did use Nash a lot before the event started.

The Twilight Tour achievements can be done just online. I got them all done in a lobby I made. Just had me and a friend grind them out.
I know, it's actually doing those achievements that is the challenge for me. Fortunately, I got some pro ones done, like the Crash Cove Platinum.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Fair enough. You get a pass.

Go online more though. It is so good to grind for Wumpa coins to get everything. Weekends with a x 2 and the x 5 for your first half hour of racing got me almost 10000 coins.

I know, it's actually doing those achievements that is the challenge for me. Fortunately, I got some pro ones done, like the Crash Cove Platinum.
Fair enough. Congrats on the platinum relic one though. That one is one of the more... difficult ones. Anyone who does not disconnect cheese the first pro achievement is a god.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can second that it's a good idea to grind for coins early and often. Just make sure to save buying stuff for at the end of the day, depending on how many matches you did.

I will say, it's a good thing I don't have voice chat tech. Some of these people barely give you any room to breathe between attack items.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
I really wanted to earn Tawna and the Nitro Girls, which I strongly feel that the characters should be earned through natural means like N. Tropy and the boss characters rather than locked behind a rotating shop, but that's another topic for another day.

D

Deleted member

I really wanted to earn Tawna and the Nitro Girls, which I strongly feel that the characters should be earned through natural means like N. Tropy and the boss characters rather than locked behind a rotating shop, but that's another topic for another day.
As an offline player, I feel that they are pretty easy to unlock.

I got Tawna on day 1 and one Trophy Girl per Pit Shop update all on this week.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I missed the first day or two, idk

If you get all the stuff done for dailys and weeklies with the multiplyers you can still get her. Just make sure you have the following.
-Nitro Squad Member.
-Nitro Squad Legendary Skin
-New car and wheels (You at least have the bandibuggy)
-New paint job
-New decal

All those together gives you a 50% multiplyer to Nitro. It helps a lot.

As for if you need to money grind: Thunderstruck Short Cut. 56 wumpa coins for about 1 and a half minutes of racing with the shortcut is perfect.
I not even think of that. Thanks for the tip that I can use to spam easily!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I not even think of that. Thanks for the tip that I can use to spam easily!
On average you should get ~1700 from Nitro daily. Just doing all the dailies should get you over 34000. Combine that with the weeklies and you can get Tawna Motorsport still.

And money grinding helps get all the new stuff. If you get someone online to help you on weekends w the multiplier you can get 10000 ish coins before your bonus expires. Half that normally.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I can't believe I just now realized that Crash Bandicoot is the third highest selling platform franchise of all time (guess who the first two are). Why exactly hasn't this happened yet? Surely it's inevitable...

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
There's something that bothers me about Crash Team Racing. Why is the title called Crash "TEAM" racing when you don't even work as a team? I'm guessing it's something sort of like this the racing game that the Crash team has made and just naming it Crash Racing wouldn't have been interesting enough. It's just a weird word to put in because it's sounds like it's a team based racing game like Team Sonic Racing when it actually isn't.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's something that bothers me about Crash Team Racing. Why is the title called Crash "TEAM" racing when you don't even work as a team? I'm guessing it's something sort of like this the racing game that the Crash team has made and just naming it Crash Racing wouldn't have been interesting enough. It's just a weird word to put in because it's sounds like it's a team based racing game like Team Sonic Racing when it actually isn't.
Because it sounds cool. Ironically, it's Crash Nitro Kart that had more emphasis on the team motif, although you still sort of get this in the battle mode. Then again, the original CTR was made in a time when Naughty Dog were getting exhausted with the IP, so it's understandable that there wasn't much time spent for coming up with a title.

Also, it's not cheating if one of your team's members wins the race.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Give me switch fc I need to grind coins w people. Also I can discord as well for it.

Need to have coins for the rest of the cool stuff. Gonna be grinding to get as many cars and skins as possible as of now.

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Any ideas for crash's trailer
I had one but I dont think it will work out its the same as banjo's and krool's one

Edit:Here how it will go
It will start off normally with donkey kong,diddy kong,And banjo sleeping,Then a wumpa fruit falls on banjo's head and banjo wakes up along with donkey kong and diddy kong,They look out of the window to see a shadowy figure (crash) along with aku aku appearing it would turn out to be sonic and mario
They would both be laughing till crash appears out of the background and spin attacks them bothing slamming them to the screen with a splash screen saying "Crash crashes to smash" it would be play the warped main theme along showing crash move set,Then it would have crash chasing down banjo representing microsoft vs sony (I know crash is owned by activision but he still does count as a sony I guess since he was a mascot for them)

Last edited:
Top Bottom