• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Anyone have any good tips? Trying to be better at the drift boosting but it is different from other kart racers i have play
•Practicing power sliding frequently. The timing is a little different than in the original CTR but a good rule of thumb is to look out for cues. Your exhaust pipes and fire will look different than normal when it's most optimal to press the opposite button
• Know each track. Some of the later tracks such as Oxide's track and N Gin's Labs are fairly tricky to gain speed on due to constant twists and turns. Pay attention to areas where you can consistently gain turbo boosts
• Speed will affect how high you jump. When you're going fast, try not spend and much time on the ground as you can
• How much boost you receive after a jump is dependent on how much air time you got. Make sure you're hopping right before you launch
• You can throw beakers forward and bombs backwards
• You can remotely detonate bombs by pressing Circle after they're thrown, which is useful when you have a juiced up bomb, which has a larger explosion radius
• If you Power Slide through a Turbo Pad, your Power Slide Turbos will match the strength of the pad until you lose your Turbo chain. Use this with Super Turbo pads to accelerate across the track faster
• Do not try Hard Mode unless you can chain turbo boosts nonstop around the track

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
•Practicing power sliding frequently. The timing is a little different than in the original CTR but a good rule of thumb is to look out for cues. Your exhaust pipes and fire will look different than normal when it's most optimal to press the opposite button
• Know each track. Some of the later tracks such as Oxide's track and N Gin's Labs are fairly tricky to gain speed on due to constant twists and turns. Pay attention to areas where you can consistently gain turbo boosts
• Speed will affect how high you jump. When you're going fast, try not spend and much time on the ground as you can
• How much boost you receive after a jump is dependent on how much air time you got. Make sure you're hopping right before you launch
• You can throw beakers forward and bombs backwards
• You can remotely detonate bombs by pressing Circle after they're thrown, which is useful when you have a juiced up bomb, which has a larger explosion radius
• If you Power Slide through a Turbo Pad, your Power Slide Turbos will match the strength of the pad until you lose your Turbo chain. Use this with Super Turbo pads to accelerate across the track faster
• Do not try Hard Mode unless you can chain turbo boosts nonstop around the track
Thanks for all those tips! Is it bad i started on medium? I mean i didnt want something too easy, but some of the medium races/challenges has been a bit rough.

D

Deleted member

My preorder of the Nitros Oxide edition finally arrived!

Gonna pick it in some hours.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Thanks for all those tips! Is it bad i started on medium? I mean i didnt want something too easy, but some of the medium races/challenges has been a bit rough.
Not at all! Easy-Medium is a good place for beginners or people that are coming back from not playing the original religiously. You can unlock everything on those difficulties.

Hard mode is what it says on the tin, super hard. Multiple people have reported losing to the AI by up to 4 seconds. They can go top speed and make turns that are borderline impossible for a player to mimic without items or luck. It's made exclusively for veterans who want a real challenge.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So how is Nitro-Fueled on Switch? I won't be able to get my copy until next week but I want to know how well it runs.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
So how is Nitro-Fueled on Switch? I won't be able to get my copy until next week but I want to know how well it runs.
It's on Switch, but obviously it's afflicted with the Nintendo curse (lower graphics quality because of weaker hardware).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The load times are not the greatest, but not as bad as some people say online. I have been having a lot of fun with it especially in multiplayer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Changed the title up for the big day! Would've done it earlier in the day but I didn't get a chance to until now.

D

Deleted member

Changed the title up for the big day! Would've done it earlier in the day but I didn't get a chance to until now.
I like the new title!

Btw, could I be added to the supporter list if possible? Or is it out of use now?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like the new title!

Btw, could I be added to the supporter list if possible? Or is it out of use now?
The post always crashes (ba dum tss) when I try to edit it. I think it was ever since someone gave me a numbered, formatted list to put there, actually.

The best I could do is just delete the list honestly. :/ Plus why would anyone not support Crash?

D

Deleted member

The post always crashes (ba dum tss) when I try to edit it. I think it was ever since someone gave me a numbered, formatted list to put there, actually.

The best I could do is just delete the list honestly. :/ Plus why would anyone not support Crash?
Oh, glad to know then.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, if Crash gets in here, what spirits do you think he'd come with besides him, Coco, Cortex and Oxide?

I will say it's a good thing NF came when it did, the Nitro Squad has a team shot that can be used to gather all the adult girls in one go for this.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I think we might have a "tease"/"hint" like the potential ones in the 3.0 update video which contained the "dragon" and "witch" themed custom stages (which were the possible hints towards Hero and Banjo-Kazooie). The potential "hint" is mentioned within PapaGeno's latest video, in which he discusses someone's finding (observation specifically) within Banjo-Kazooie's reveal trailer.

I understand that back in the 3.0 update video where the dragon and witch themed custom stages were shown, some did saw them as true hints to the now revealed characters, while others see them as simple coincidences however, I believe this latest bit should be kept in mind.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Ok guys, I think we might have a "tease"/"hint" like the potential ones in the 3.0 update video which contained the "dragon" and "witch" themed custom stages (which were the possible hints towards Hero and Banjo-Kazooie). The potential "hint" is mentioned within PapaGeno's latest video, in which he discusses someone's finding (observation specifically) within Banjo-Kazooie's reveal trailer.

I understand that back in the 3.0 update video where the dragon and witch themed custom stages were shown, some did saw them as true hints to the now revealed characters, while others see them as simple coincidences however, I believe this latest bit should be kept in mind.

No offense, but this "pancake" thing is just a really big stretch. People will always make these silly theories and hints like the chair theory and the Rayman cloud just so they can have something to talk about about the characters they want to be in Smash. It happened during Smash 4 days, it happened pre-Ultimate launch and it's happening now, and at the end everyone get's disappointed because their favorite character didn't get in Smash while they claim Sakurai has "hinted" at those certain characters and get all (or mostly) mad at him for "teasing" them. If Crash does get in, that's cool, but I'm 100% sure this random pancake or any of the crazy theories like the companion theory, color theory or any other theories or hints have nothing to do with it.

The only theory I'm KINDA believing is the Mii Costume Theory, as it kind of makes sense. But We'll learn more about that theory once Hero gets released with all of their Mii Costumes.

D

Deleted member

So, if Crash gets in here, what spirits do you think he'd come with besides him, Coco, Cortex and Oxide?

I will say it's a good thing NF came when it did, the Nitro Squad has a team shot that can be used to gather all the adult girls in one go for this.
I would honestly discard Penta Penguin just in case.

Mostly since he is a manga character in some way.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am enjoying it on swotch. Yeah the load times a long but thats my only issue.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Brio is apparently listed in the cast on IMDB's page for NF

Now, I know that IMDB is far from being the paragon of accurate information, but...

Honestly yeah I wouldn't believe it in the slightest. IMDB can and will be edited by just about anyone.

Hell, tons of characters were falsely listed there for Smash ever since the Brawl days (Krystal) up until the Ultimate hype cycle (Celica). :p

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got my copy of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled for the Switch, and it came with a bunch of extra goodies - a Crash dashboard bobblehead, an air freshener based on Crash's head, and a code for some extra skins. Also, it was less expensive than most new games ($50 compared to the usual $80), which was nice to see.

I've only beaten Crash Bandicoot Warped so far out of the original Crash games (I think I beat Wrath of Cortex, but that would have been years ago), so I'm probably not going to be familiar with most of the cast. However, if it's anything like Mario Kart, I feel like I'm going to enjoy it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just got my copy of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled for the Switch, and it came with a bunch of extra goodies - a Crash dashboard bobblehead, an air freshener based on Crash's head, and a code for some extra skins. Also, it was less expensive than most new games ($50 compared to the usual $80), which was nice to see.

I've only beaten Crash Bandicoot Warped so far out of the original Crash games (I think I beat Wrath of Cortex, but that would have been years ago), so I'm probably not going to be familiar with most of the cast. However, if it's anything like Mario Kart, I feel like I'm going to enjoy it.
A little different from my deal; I have pins for Crash, Coco, Cortex and Oxide, alongside said bobblehead and extra skins.

Also, I can tell you that it has a better cast than Mario Kart so far, in terms of series representation. ;)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Yeah got all thise too. Got the bobblehead on my dashboard

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Git gud I platinum reliced it

Genuine tip is to just let go. Being methodical in that stage is a waste of time and mental health. Also ropes.
I’ve already beaten it, but it certainly was affecting my mental health last night. Took a break and decided to farm lives today at Lost City. Best decision I ever made. Made the game much more enjoyable. Didn’t use the ropes, but it did take me about 10 lives. Oh well, I was proud either way.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Finally ordered the Crash Trilogy! Previously i had only ever played the PS1 version of the first game, I struggled with it quite a bit thanks to the way saving worked, but I've been told the remakes have a more traditional save system. Looking forward to getting more familiar with the series.
unfortunately, It arrives the day before Mario Maker comes out, so it may be slow going.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: Datamine time, lads and lasses!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Finally ordered the Crash Trilogy! Previously i had only ever played the PS1 version of the first game, I struggled with it quite a bit thanks to the way saving worked, but I've been told the remakes have a more traditional save system. Looking forward to getting more familiar with the series.
unfortunately, It arrives the day before Mario Maker comes out, so it may be slow going.
The remade Crash 1 has loads of little conveniences like that, you can redo failed attempts at bonus stages, you can see a box total at each stage's end like in later games, the death sequence got replaced to increase the pacing, and there's even multiple save files.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Online is a bit of a mess. You have people that are super skilled and win almost a whole lap ahead, and then the really bad people who lag behind, and then people like me who are pretty good but not the best. I am hoping the matchmaking becomes more evenly distributed by skill level.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Add my name to the list of Crash supporters. After Banjo, Rayman was my most wanted, but now that he's basically deconfirmed, my hopes are for Crash!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, I can confirm that you can play adventure mode as N. Oxide. Now that's something you never thought would be possible 20 years ago.

The idea of Oxide being defeated by himself is inherently hilarious to me. You really can't trust anyone, even yourself. :laugh:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Let me just say I loathe the crystal challenges. Everything else in adventure mode is not too bad but the crystal challenges are no fun.

D

Deleted member

Today I finally unlocked my boy N.Trance.

As an offline player, I hope that the Grand Prix characters like the Trophy Girls also cost 1500/1250 Wumpa Coins at the Pit Store, since I am actually able to get that amount easily each day.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am playing slowly but enjoying it. Really qant to get tawna and just beat everyone with her.

I like how they plan to support this gane for a LONG time. And all free. And from a 40 buck game. That is amazing

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am playing slowly but enjoying it. Really qant to get tawna and just beat everyone with her.

I like how they plan to support this gane for a LONG time. And all free. And from a 40 buck game. That is amazing
Oh for sure. Only extra doodads you need to pay upfront for are in the special edition, no less.

It helps that there's been a datamine that showed that the next Grand Prix after Spyro is spooky-themed. Mayhaps we'll get to see Nina, Amberly and Brio in that one.

The only thing that bugs me is how will the Spyro Grand Prix be handled over in Japan, exactly? Spyro has zero reputation over there, will they leave it in and cause confusion/annoyance, or skip over it at the risk of fans being in a content drought for over a month?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh for sure. Only extra doodads you need to pay upfront for are in the special edition, no less.

It helps that there's been a datamine that showed that the next Grand Prix after Spyro is spooky-themed. Mayhaps we'll get to see Nina, Amberly and Brio in that one.

The only thing that bugs me is how will the Spyro Grand Prix be handled over in Japan, exactly? Spyro has zero reputation over there, will they leave it in and cause confusion/annoyance, or skip over it at the risk of fans being in a content drought for over a month?
I did see that datamine, and there could be even more after. crazy!

I am sure they will keep spyro in. The remasters still released there, plus the internet exists, so people can easily figure out who is spyro.

we are still missing Yaya, Pasadena, and why not throw Evil Coco in too? If you guys forgot who she is

Though since I never played the crash games I only just discovered her when I was on the wiki haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom