• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
Haven't seen it, would you mind showing the evidence in question?
The video talked about this tweet from May, which spotted this from the trailer.

D

Deleted member

Activision just shadow-dropped a CTR NF Mini Direct.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Activision just shadow-dropped a CTR NF Mini Direct.

Wait wait WAIT!. Was that Tawna.. and someone else as unlockable?!?!

zferolie

Smash Hero

So this was on twitter as well. Seems like we got Tawna and all the Trophy girls but now as racers.

Plus second cran pre has Baby Coco and Baby Crash With Baby T.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Welp, Crash didn't make the E-3 as I expected, but I'm thrilled that Banjo made it!

Now all I need is Crash to complete the dream. Maybe can now do Crash vs Banjo vs Sonic vs Mario lol

D

Deleted member

With Eight in Smash... Only Crash is now left for me

If I got both Crash, Eight and Samus in the same game I would be the happiest man ever and would never need a new Smash.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Banjo's inclusion is a big boost for Crash's chances imo. It shows that Nintendo is open to Western IPs as long as their fanbase is vocal.

I can honestly see Crash making it in now if there is a season 2.

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Honestly I have a good feeling for Crash’s spot as 4th DLC

I mean congratulations to Erdrick and Banjo fans, but now Crash has breathing room

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Not gonna lie, only having two spots left for Crash to appear makes me slightly nervous. If he doesn't get in, I won't be surprised if a second round of DLC fighters are in

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey uhh KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 ....
Tawna & the Trophy Girls are up in this house (albeit as DLC, but regardless). :seuss:
Also SPYRO! And you wouldn't believe it, but they're actually pulling a Mario Kart, cuz we will also be getting Baby Crash & Coco.
...dafuq is Baby Crash and Coco? Did they seriously pulled a Mario Kart here? -_-

It would make sense to have N. Bro, Koala, and Nina as a pack since they're aligned to Cortex in some way. Just hope they don't give him a baby form as well

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I find it funny how we're getting younger versions of Crash and Coco but not Cortex when they literally have a younger version of him in Twinsanity.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled is officialy the first pre-order in my entire life.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey uhh KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 ....
Tawna & the Trophy Girls are up in this house (albeit as DLC, but regardless). :seuss:

Also SPYRO! And you wouldn't believe it, but they're actually pulling a Mario Kart, cuz we will also be getting Baby Crash & Coco, no joke.

And I thought this day couldn't get any better than this with Banjo's reveal. YES, YES, YES. :joyful:

Even with the baby clones, this roster is now perfect. Well, aside from no N. Brio, anyway, but I ain't complaining.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Don't forget Nina. I wish she was in alongside N. Brio. Well, at least we got Baby T., which I really wanted and didn't think would join the roster.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I find it funny how we're getting younger versions of Crash and Coco but not Cortex when they literally have a younger version of him in Twinsanity.
And that's literally the ending in Crash 3 with Baby him and N. Trophy. If anything they should have just made those, who have existing N. Sane models, into characters, but uh bold stylistic choices and aping Mario Kart I guess.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm thinking about the possibility of there still being characters that weren't revealed that are just waiting to be unlocked and discovered when the game comes out.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
CTR NF stuff looks hype. Glad the Trophy Girls found a way into the game that is better than what they were before.

In other news, as of now Crash is second for chance and want in the RTC thread! Crash has gone a long way since the earliest days where he was a liked but controversial character. Now he has a whopping 77.95% want score overall!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm thinking about the possibility of there still being characters that weren't revealed that are just waiting to be unlocked and discovered when the game comes out.
That seems likely. Ever since the game got announced, Beenox has casually revealed things left and right, so we probably still haven't seen everything yet. Only about a couple weeks left before we find out for sure.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Very possible. I'm impressed they held not revealing the women until now

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
With Banjo in, I think 'Crash Smash' is very likely, he feels like a natural next step for a second western character.

I don't even know what to say about Crash, everything about him feels so intuitive in Smash already, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see him fitting in.

On a side note, the CTR win theme is kinda perfect for a Smash Victory theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7bbwOxrZGg

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Apparently they confirmed on stream that CTTR characters will be available via grandprix races later on, so this all but confirms Nina for Nitro-Fueled.

D

Deleted member

Between Eight in Smash, the F4 in UA3 and this recent load of CTR NF news, I am even more hyped to pick the latter game this month.

And the fact that the only one left for me in Smash is now Crash feels great. Hopefully he gets in this Fighter Pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Apparently they confirmed on stream that CTTR characters will be available via grandprix races later on, so this all but confirms Nina for Nitro-Fueled.
Sweet. One thing I wonder is if they'll go with younger!Nina (pre-Crash of the Mutants), teen!Nina or a mixture of both, in terms of design.

Hell, I would laugh if even Hog gets included at the rate things are going.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’ve seen upticks in Crash support everywhere now. I feel confident for our future palls.

StormC

Smash Hero
Go ahead and throw me on the support list. After Banjo, Crash feels like one of the few characters left that could be a megaton announcement.

I don't know how good his chances are with Activision but I would be pretty stoked to see him, especially since he feels like one of the few potential characters that isn't a humanoid fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Go ahead and throw me on the support list. After Banjo, Crash feels like one of the few characters left that could be a megaton announcement.

I don't know how good his chances are with Activision but I would be pretty stoked to see him, especially since he feels like one of the few potential characters that isn't a humanoid character.
Activision actually wants Crash in Smash and currently has a great relationship with Nintendo!

D

Deleted member

I feel that Crash Bandicoot is highly likely now due to these reasons:

>Activision wants him in
>Popular both in the West and Japan
>Currently a flagship Activision property due to how great it sells
>Has a good chunk of cool titles on Nintendo systems
>Returned forever around 2017 (same year DQXI released)
>West picks are now highly likely
>Nintendo considers Crash an icon
>The current relationship between Activision and Nintendo is wonderful
>He and Spyro are getting all of their new games on Switch
>Moveset potential
>Cool music to bring in
>Stage potential like the Time Twister from Warped
>Crash vs Sonic vs Mario

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Where have Activision said they wanted him in? I heard two Acti guys say on a stream that Crash in Smash would be cool pre-Ultimate reveal Post-March Switch reveal.

Crash's revival popularity, in the US at least, coincided with Joker's and Eleven's in 2017, and assuming the DLC was decided sometime up to early November in 2018, they could have given him a look even if it took until like November for N Sane to release on Switch in Japan. Activision and Nintendo previously worked together for Skylanders, and in 2018, Activision managed to successfully release N Same on the Switch from an employee playing around with it, and announce a new game coming to multiple platforms including Switch simultaneously. Crash seemed to keep recognition in Japan, what with the Famitsu 30th anniversary art and his song placement in an upcoming Japanese Game Music event. He could totally be another pair with a more Japanese rep, maybe that's where Nintendo's going with this. Maybe they'd like to see a more general (not already Nintendo associated?) Western character as well? Does he have much competition that's also beloved in Japan and not Microsoft-tied?

Sure like Banjo he's also a Western 3rd party, goofy and cartoony animal mascot platformer rep, but if we can get two JRPG animesque sword and Spellcaster men with extreme Japanese popularity, I don't see why we couldn't also get that.

I don't know if Japan specifically had as much of a "Mario Vs Sonic Vs Crash" thing going on to factor into the inclusion, but Sonic's rivalry seemed to be important at least :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
They did? Guess the other two are gonna be playable as well!

Still need N. Brio, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, and Rilla Too

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They did? Guess the other two are gonna be playable as well!

Still need N. Brio, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, and Rilla Too
Speaking of Brio, I've thought of a theory earlier today.

What if instead of being regular alt skins, he simply turns into monster forms? That'd be a neat way to sneak in his frog form from Twinsanity, depending on how scaling is handled.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick question: what's the easiest game to get through out of the Crash N. Sane Trilogy? I figure I should start somewhere, but Crash 1's difficulty ramped up pretty quickly for me, so I'm not sure if I should try to focus on beating 2 or 3 once I've finished replaying Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Quick question: what's the easiest game to get through out of the Crash N. Sane Trilogy? I figure I should start somewhere, but Crash 1's difficulty ramped up pretty quickly for me, so I'm not sure if I should try to focus on beating 2 or 3 once I've finished replaying Banjo-Kazooie.
I think 3 would be the easiest. The motorcycle levels were a bit annoying but everything else was really easy.

And yeah the first Crash is definitely the hardest of the three games. I nearly went N. Sane insane with Native Fortress and Slippery Climb.

Top Bottom