• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Graizen

Smash Champion
I believe that rivalry could reign in Fighter Pass, what do you think of that idea?

Agumon for Digimon vs Pokémon
Scorpion for Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter
Crash Bandicoot for Crash vs Mario vs Sonic

D

Deleted member

I still can't decide between the PS4 or Switch version of Nitro Fueled.

I'm starting to get tempted about the idea of picking the Switch port first and then get the PS4 one without my parents knowing so.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Damn they are going all at it with this game. The bosses from CNK are now confirmed to be playable and there are a ton of skins to use (some of which are from CTTR). Also the entire roster will be revealed tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll be getting some CTTR characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Damn they are going all at it with this game. The bosses from CNK are now confirmed to be playable and there are a ton of skins to use (some of which are from CTTR). Also the entire roster will be revealed tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll be getting some CTTR characters.
Probably, given how they went as far as referencing N.Gin's ballerina outfit (as much as people would want to forget the Radical era).

Let's just hope they don't just include characters that already have been playable in some form, yes? :nervous:

That said, the addition of skins for various characters is a genius idea. Which is what Mario Kart 8 DX should have done in the first place.

Meanwhile, the game is getting some sweet merch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/crash_team_racing_gets_official_line_of_merch_and_clothing

D

Deleted member

Apparently they will reveal the full roster today.

Hoping for N.Trance and Tawna.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I want Nina and Pasadena so badly (and also Madame Amberly, but I'm not hopeful for her unfortunately)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So, when's the reveal supposed to happen, anyways? I assume it'd be towards suppertime.
Activision updated the blog today but there was no new characters, just some updates on characters and a few new costumes (including chef N. Gin). Someone misread what they said yesterday and as a result word spread that the entire roster would be revealed today even when the original update page said no such thing (I stupidly believed it too). Moral of the story is to always double check the source and take word of mouth for granted.

We still don't have news on Penta Penguin being playable (one of the few remaining unconfirmed characters from the original CTR) so I think it's safe to say we aren't done with the character reveals yet.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Some interesting news came up today. More info on the deluxe edition of CTR came up and Crunch is back!

View attachment 212156

IT'S ABOUT ****ING TIME CRUNCH APPEARS!!! And he looks absolutely great in this so I hope they keep that model moving forward for him.

I believe that rivalry could reign in Fighter Pass, what do you think of that idea?

Agumon for Digimon vs Pokémon
Scorpion for Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter
Crash Bandicoot for Crash vs Mario vs Sonic
No for Scorpion

Yes for Agumon and Crash, but mostly Crash. I've been dreaming of that match up for 18 years now.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

They went FULL blast on everything. I was very surprised and thrilled about all the bosses from Nitro Kart being playable now!

Are they really going to release the roster prior to release? I'm looking everywhere online and they don't seem to have any information about it.

Apparently they will reveal the full roster today.

Hoping for N.Trance and Tawna.
N. Trance, Big Norm, and Small Norm are basically confirmed from a blog I'm looking at.

I'm hoping for the following newcomers: Twila, N. Brio, Nina, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, Spyro, and the two CTTR playable characters. Even if they make DLC, I'm fine with it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Activision updated the blog today but there was no new characters, just some updates on characters and a few new costumes (including chef N. Gin). Someone misread what they said yesterday and as a result word spread that the entire roster would be revealed today even when the original update page said no such thing (I stupidly believed it too). Moral of the story is to always double check the source and take word of mouth for granted.

We still don't have news on Penta Penguin being playable (one of the few remaining unconfirmed characters from the original CTR) so I think it's safe to say we aren't done with the character reveals yet.
Thank the lord, I was getting worried that was it and that they'd just stick with the tried and true characters (and Coco being in the middle of a boys club), so at least we still got another full month to go for potential reveals before launch. If the base game just has the CTR and CNK casts, there better be some DLC.

Still, it's pretty telling that they've already revealed this much content and we're still not near the release, considering that they keep shadow-dropping characters like it's no big deal. This is gonna be huge, I feel.

By the way, what are your favorite skins so far? I'm partial to Princess Coco, Pura in Boots and Ninja Cortex. Funniest one being N. Oxide having just gotten out of the shower. :p

Edit: Also, one interesting detail I've noticed that bugged me on the website.

Beginner characters have average speed, good acceleration, and incredible turning abilities, like Polar, Pura, Krunk, Real Velo, Zam, or Ripper Roo.
Intermediate characters have good speed, acceleration, and turning, such as Crash, Dr. Neo Cortex, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. N.Gin, Small Norm, Nash, N. Trance, Geary, Komodo Joe, Pinstripe, Fake Crash, or Nitros Oxide.
Advanced characters have amazing speed, good acceleration, but limited turn and are for experts only! Examples include Tiny Tiger, Dingodile, Crunch, Big Norm, Zem, Papu Papu, or N.Tropy.
Note how all the characters are listed under the racer classes as examples. Normally, you wouldn't use so many characters for this purpose unless the roster was pretty big. :idea: This may not mean anything, but you never know...

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
By the way, what are your favorite skins so far? I'm partial to Princess Coco, Pura in Boots and Ninja Cortex. Funniest one being N. Oxide having just gotten out of the shower. :p
Princess Coco and rain jacket Polar are easily my favorites.

I'm still holding out hope that we get the one true skin.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I made this one tweet about characters I'd like to share:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now I know that TV Tropes isn't the paragon of accuracy, but I've recently noticed that someone edited the summary to say this:

This game's confirmed playable characters include:

• From Crash Team Racing: Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex, Tiny Tiger, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. N. Gin, Dingodile, Polar, Pura, Ripper Roo, Papu Papu, Komodo Joe, Pinstripe Potoroo, Fake Crash, Dr. N. Tropy, Penta Penguin and Nitros Oxide.
  • From Crash Nitro Kart:
    • Console Version: Crunch, N. Trance, Zem, Zam and Real Velo.
    • Handheld Version: Krunk, Nash, Little Norm, Big Norm, Geary, Emperor Velo and Spyro the Dragon.
I think someone jumped to conclusions, since I haven't seen Penta or Spyro confirmed anywhere.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
1. I want Spyro in CTRNF.
2. I think Crash + Spyro would be the ultimate DLC dual pack in Smash Bros.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Eh, we've yet to have an instance of getting two separate new franchise characters from the same company simultaneously, we barely got two from the same franchise (Richter and Simon).
At any rate, Crash holds more popularity than Spyro in Japan, right? Soooooo

D

Deleted member

Eh, we've yet to have an instance of getting two separate new franchise characters from the same company simultaneously, we barely got two from the same franchise (Richter and Simon).
At any rate, Crash holds more popularity than Spyro in Japan, right? Soooooo
Spyro sadly had a bad track record in Japan due to awful ports.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'll say that if they're gonna show off the final roster or DLC, E-3's the best place to do it to spark interest. Having Spyro being revealed there would be ****ing sweet!

Btw since we're on the topic, I'm curious...What do you guys think the CNK boss' default color karts would be?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'll say that if they're gonna show off the final roster or DLC, E-3's the best place to do it to spark interest. Having Spyro being revealed there would be ****ing sweet!

Btw since we're on the topic, I'm curious...What do you guys think the CNK boss' default color karts would be?
I mean, seeing as they did that with Coco's playability in NSane at the same time, I don't see why not.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well looks like we got Coco Cortex in some form in CTR: NF lol.

There is also a picture of Nina in the stage. Considering that we first saw N. Trance as a car decal and that he's now playable, I think Nina is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Hey, is it alright if I join the supporter's list? Crash was always a favourite of mine growing up and one of my earliest memories was playing CTR on my Grandma's Playstation. Plus, he just feels like he fits so well, y'know? Maybe it's his general design, but something about the idea of Crash in Smash clicks well.

D

Deleted member

I’m happy about N.Trance getting in.

He was one of my most wanted.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This game is looking amazing though I'm really hoping we get N. Brio and/or Nina. If we get either of them I'll be satisfied.

D

Deleted member

This game is looking amazing though I'm really hoping we get N. Brio and/or Nina. If we get either of them I'll be satisfied.
I feel the same.

With those two, I would have everyone I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Today I preordered the phisical version of the Nitros Oxide Edition for PS4.

It was hard to choose, but maybe I’ll pick CTR NF for Switch on Christmas too.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm still hoping a GameStop near me has the physical version of Nitros Oxide Edition for both PS4 and Switch lol. I better hope they do get it soon because I won't be able to play it until July 13th at earliest.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've been doing some thinking about what the most iconic imagery of Crash Bandicoot, besides the bandicoot himself, is. That is, what he would use if he were in and had a series logo. I can't think of a single game that doesn't have Wumpa Fruit, or a Crate of any sort. There's Aku Aku. There's even the Crystals, the Gems, the Relics, and maybe, just maybe, even the Bandicoot himself.

I wanted to ask you all, (this is a poll) what should the Crash Bandicoot series logo be? Personally, I'm a bit torn on the idea of it being either a Crate, a Wumpa Fruit, or even a Relic. I want to make sure it's something distinctive, something that makes you go "when I look at this, the first thing I think of is Crash Bandicoot", which is probably a problem for the Gems and Crystals since they aren't that distinctive.

D

Deleted member

I've been doing some thinking about what the most iconic imagery of Crash Bandicoot, besides the bandicoot himself, is. That is, what he would use if he were in and had a series logo. I can't think of a single game that doesn't have Wumpa Fruit, or a Crate of any sort. There's Aku Aku. There's even the Crystals, the Gems, the Relics, and maybe, just maybe, even the Bandicoot himself.

I wanted to ask you all, (this is a poll) what should the Crash Bandicoot series logo be? Personally, I'm a bit torn on the idea of it being either a Crate, a Wumpa Fruit, or even a Relic. I want to make sure it's something distinctive, something that makes you go "when I look at this, the first thing I think of is Crash Bandicoot", which is probably a problem for the Gems and Crystals since they aren't that distinctive.
Crash’s life icon or Aku Aku by a mile.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

The only ones I can see happening are Crash's head or a crate.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
well Cloud got 2 Fs so... who knows what they could do. Let's not forget the yellow C alone is very possible since it appeared as an icon in Crash 3 and N. Tranced

I'd go with an Wumpa Fruit, personally

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This may be just my anxiety doing dirty as usual... but I am worried about the idea of CTR NF getting microtransactions.

If we get lucky, maybe we don’t... but with the talk about in-game currency I got kind of scared.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This may be just my anxiety doing dirty as usual... but I am worried about the idea of CTR NF getting microtransactions.

If we get lucky, maybe we don’t... but with the talk about in-game currency I got kind of scared.
Eh, in-game currency has been a thing for ages. The Crash trilogy didn't do microtransactions, so I doubt they'd do it here (even if Activision is hemorrhaging employees).

Besides, the costumes they're having people pay upfront are all pre-order or special edition bonuses until further notice.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some new adventure mode gameplay as well as the remastered intro:

Also RIP trophy girls.

Top Bottom